(See All?) Announcements
654 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

Hearthwood River Pack Thread — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Everyone in Hearthwood Oksana knew, they had always been there so to find a stranger in the borders was something very strange for the pup. She tried to think about what her mother would have done in this situation before she stopped going outside. Now that she was bigger things didn't scare like they used to, so she made her decision.

The smudge walked right up and asked the man who her was. It seemed the normal thing to do since he was in her home and she didn't know him. When he looked at her she tensed a little ready to run if he wasn't very nice but then he smiled and she relaxed.

When he spoke he seemed friendly introducing himself to her and explaining that he was new to the pack. “Hearthwood good home,” she stated, “Should be proud,” though she had no idea what the word proud was. She felt her mother had it and like her mother Oksana had it too, she loved Hearthwood.

Her gaze went to the meat he had with him when he asked her if she cared to join him. Oksana nodded before coming a little closer as he laid down. “I'm hungry too,” she said. Though she'd had her breakfast roaming the territory was good for working up an appetite. She felt it was as good of a time to eat as any. She watched as he pulled a stripe free for her and took it when it was offered, “Thank you,” she said after setting the strip down.

Just before she started to eat he asked her name, “Sana,” came her reply, “Why come here?” She was curious why he had come to her home.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Rau who has 14 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Ferdie Von Pelt
So sorry for the delay in response we had unexpected company stop in last Wednesday and they just left late last night

Ferdie Von Pelt’s smile widened and he looked upon the girl with fondness, he loved pups, they were always so expressive and said what they meant without hiding truths mincing words. He chuckled softly, I think I will grow proud, to call this pack my family.

Her honest and curious question went straight to his core, and crushed his good mood slightly, He almost winced visibly then quickly busied himself pulling another serving each for them free from the loan haunch, setting it before her he lay down and then chewed thoughtfully on his meat before answering her Thank you for sharing your company with me Sana, I’ve been very lonely for a lone time, and so when I found other’s wolves I decided it was time to call my travels to an end and make myself a home he hoped that would be enough to forestall other questions because he was not yet ready to relive the pain that drove him from one end of Canada to the other. So in turn he asked a question of her

Where is your den? You should not be straying to far from it just yet… He hoped to pek at her pride and change the topic from his past. He knew she was old enough to leave the den by herself, any 4 month old pup had the freedom to, usually the parents might even move them into the communal den until they built their own at about her age.

He smiled at her again his eyes soft, and he waved his tail showing he was joking, with body language rather then words.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
No worries!

The smudge had seen how her mother felt about Hearthwood and she loved it too so there was no reason he shouldn't like it too. Her little tail wagged as he spoke, “Mum says pack is family,” she stated, “You part of family now.” Her mother often spoke of how important the pack was and doing her part.

This was the first time that she had met someone one new inside the pack borders. She remembered when Lorc...her father had come back. His reason was this was his home but Ferdie was new so she was curious what his reason was. While she waited for an answer he gave her another piece of the meat which she took and started chewing in as he spoke. “Your welcome. You won't be lonely here, lots of wolves to play with,” she said after swallowing a piece of the meat she'd torn off.

Her gaze went in the direction of her den when he asked about it. “It's over there,” she said indicating with her muzzle, “Sana be back before mum knows she gone,” she assured the man. She took another bite of the meat before looking up at the man. “Sana explore everywhere,” she added. She knew she should probably stay close to the den unless she was being watched but she wasn't sure Inna was even aware when she would leave.

Having not ever seen her mother like she this before Oksana was scared for her but she didn't know what to do that could help her.

Ferdie Von Pelt
Ferdie Von Pelt’s rich male voice was soft and soothing Maybe we could explore together? I too need to learn every inch of our home. He smiled at her and offered her the last piece of meat from the haunch then nudged the bones aside.

Oh how he loved the simplicity of pups, they may ask imploring questions but they accepted answers that would make untrusting adults just question more. Ferdie Von Pelt lay down and rolled onto his back, not something he would ever do near any adult, but here in this moment he was enjoying the presence of the pup he was a babysitter and perhaps a father at heart.

He pawed up at her from his prone position inviting her to tackle him, If she walked away or tried to lead him elsewhere; rather then play first he’d accept it, they did barely know each other, but he knew he’d be disappointed.

Teaching pups to tackle and play fight was very beneficial, his tail swayed along the ground as he hoped she would trust him enough to play with him. He felt leaves pick his tail, he knew tonight before sleep he'd have a lot of grooming to do, his pelt was never anything less then impeccable and he took great pride in that, there was never a seasonal matt in his coat or even a stray twig.
(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2017, 01:12 AM by Ferdie Von Pelt.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The man that kept giving her meat reminded her a little if her Uncle Lach. He was calm and patient with her which she appreciated since she knew she was still learning. Part of her wished her mother was there so she could meet Ferdie. Oksana thought Inna would like him, she was missing out on so much staying in her den these past weeks. The pup just wasn't sure what she could do to convince her mother that being outside was much better than being cooped up in the den all day. The last piece of meat he offered her she took.

She had to shove thoughts about her mother aside as Ferdie had just proposed something that brought a smile to her face. A new exploring friend and he was an adult. Well Lorc, or her father rather couldn't argue with that. Since she hadn't hardly seen Rissy it would be nice to have someone to explore with again. “Sana like that very much,” she stated her little tail wagging behind her, “Sana show Ferdie everything.”

She was surprised when he rolled onto his back inviting her to play by pawing at her. Oksana not being one to turn down a chance to play finished up the meat he'd given her before rising to her paws. She then ran and pounced on him landing across his chest before trying to nip at his ear after sliding down next to him.

Soft giggles left her as her tail thumped the ground happily, this was what she needed to take her mind off all that had happened.

Ferdie Von Pelt
Whoops fell asleep at the keyboard last night typing up the reply, woke up at 1am and had to just go to bed

Ferdie Von Pelt was oblivious to the strife that had hit her mother and had no clue about the inner workings of the pack yet, his only source of knowledge of the pack beyond ‘you are accepted’ was this one little pup. He was not particularly happy about that but there was not anything he could do, So he’d find out what he could from her and perhaps she could introduce him to some of these elusive pack members.

What would you show me first? He inquired then chuckled as he was tackled and ofmfed as if she were heavier then she actually was allowing her to think she had the upper paw and indeed she did as long and this brute did want to play the game. He chuckled as she grabbed his ear and he twitched it involuntarily, He reached up with his paw and just could not get at her from this angle but chose to remain on his back and try. His mouth parted and his teeth showed in nothing but a happy wolfish grin. He tried to turn his head a little to mouth at her but he did not try very hard.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
No Worries, the same thing has happened to me too.

The prospect of a new exploring partner was exciting for the pup, she could show him things in Hearthwood and maybe he could take her places beyond the borders. To her it seemed fair and she felt her mother if she knew Ferdie would like him. Oksana hoped her mother would leave the den and come meet the new member for herself but the pup wasn't sure that her mother would. She didn't want to think about it too much as she knew it would only make her sad and Ferdie was being so nice. She didn't want to spoil their conversation by being sad.

“The raybows,” she told wagging her tail happily at the memory. Even if she was a little sad that she and Rissy hadn't had any adventures lately she still liked the memory of the raybows. “Then we can go see the place with the pretty flowers,” she added before accepting his invitation to play. When she tackled him he made a noise that made her tail wag more rapidly. As she grabbed his ear she could see out if the corner of her eye his paw come up. He didn't get her off though and she gave a little tug. Her giggles filled the air around them as his jaws parted and she felt his teeth graze her but it didn't hurt. She soon let go of his ear and tapped his muzzle with her paw before voicing a little bark.

Ferdie Von Pelt
I think we wrap up here maybe start a new post elsewhere? sorry we went to my parents cabin this weekend apparently there is no Wifi nor cell signal, amazing that life went on without those things but holy banana so glad to be back in civilization

Ferdie Von Pelt thought it was amazing how 'her' laughter could bring light back into 'his' inner core. his ear twitched in voluntarily as her nettle teeth grasped it, and she elicited another chuckled from him as she tried to tug the offending appendage from him. When she let go of his ear he licked her paw as she tapped his muzzle and he very carefully rolled back onto his belly and waved his tail high above his back, showing off his excitement too.

He raised his back end up but kept his front end lower in a playful position, Rainbows first, you will have to led the way right after this He grinned and reached out his paw then he tapped at her toes and spun around like a fool, panting his excitement as he leapt several feet away knowing he could not run flat out like he would an adult, she'd need to kept up with him, so his path would be zig zaggy and full of circles as they made their way, away from the communal den
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Sounds good, I'll PM you. No worries, I'm not sure I would be able make it through a weekend without WiFi, lol.

Oksana didn't have siblings like Liliana and Lavender or Rissy and that Matheo kid so it wasn't often he had the chance to play like she was with Ferdie. Her mother used to but since she had gotten sick Inna didn't play anymore, her mum didn't do a lot of things. The smudge laughed after grasping the man's ear with her teeth like it was the greatest accomplishment on the world. Then he licked her tiny paw as she tapped his muzzle. This only elicited more laughter from her tiny body as he rolled onto his belly and she rolled around on her back.

She soon rolled onto her tummy to face him as he crouched and spoke to her, “Sana show Ferdie where raybows are," she exclaimed happily as she rose to her feet and ran to catch up with him as he ran a little ahead of her. She barked a few times to let yet excitement for the adventure out as she watched him zig this way and zag that way before making a circle around her. She was sure they would have lots of fun together.

End

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »