Ruins of Wildwood
Spectral Woods Just one cherry, play again. - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore III (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: Spectral Woods Just one cherry, play again. (/showthread.php?tid=4760)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Capella - Jun 19, 2013

[dohtml]

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">

Capella listened intently to the coal colored male as he went spoke of his past. She found it fascinating, but then again she was a wolf that liked to hear other's talk. When she asked a question it was because she was honestly curious. She enjoyed hearing how those around her came to be where they were today. Of course in all of her wonder, she wasn't naive. The fae knew that the version she was getting had been modified. Details were omitted, or changed. Things were not always what they seemed, and that was alright with her. She had no plans on telling him the secrets she kept locked away, and so she was satisfied with his answer.

An understanding smile donned her maw as she began, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"I can help you.". Once again she thought of how much the honey eyed male reminded her of her own ghostly companion. Although their pelts contrasted greatly, their personalities were similar; At least at this point. He seemed to be nervous, and he was surely lost. There also seemed to be a deep rooted fear of his family, which she hoped to understand some day. At any rate she would be able to offer him the protection of her little family. Were Shade to accept Ill, and his brothers came for him surely they would be chased away. One could not threaten her family, and get away with it. Just like she wouldn't let another touch the growing cubs, or Lachesis, if this wolf was going to be a part of her life than he too would be safe. At least as safe as she could make him.

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Ill - Jun 19, 2013

[dohtml]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No one had offered to help him in his life. Listening to the words slip out of her mouth, with meaning, made him think he really belonged here. Guilt gripped at him, keeping secrets wasn't in his nature but the thought of anyone knowing made the young male wince. Though she seemed okay enough, he would continue on with a vital piece of information. Endangering a new friend, putting everyone in the forest at risk was not a very good impression he wanted to give off. If...he would come looking for blood, Ill surely planned to part ways.

" If you...accept me into your family....there is something I have to tell you first. " he paused, letting the words come to him. " If someone comes looking for me, I don't expect you to protect me. I don't want you to protect me. If they come I'll be leaving, I don't want anyone to get hurt. " When he had finished, Ill looked up with the most serious expression he had had his whole life. Eye contact did not strike anxiety like earlier, but brought down a heavy aura he had been holding his whole life. If he found him, they would surely slaughter all of them that stood in the way.

But..Ill came to a balk. Even bringing this up burned the warm feelings of family like acid, making bile rise up the esophagus. The anxiety of him, the one who's name he would never say, never even think, made the paranoid wolf close his eyes and try to collect himself. If he came for the young male...what happened to Able?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WORD COUNT : 285
NOTES : WHEW

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Capella - Jun 19, 2013

[dohtml]

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">

His words gave her something to think about, and nothing at all. He told her that he would leave if another came looking for him, but if he became part of their family that wasn't going to happen. She would stand up and fight for him, because that is what you did with family. It was the right thing to do, and she couldn't just leave him to his own defenses. It also worried her, because that meant that someone was looking for h im. Someone who gave him a cause to be afraid. Was it really worth it? Another look at the male in front of her told her it definitely was.

Her words came a little firmer than intended, but she was serious. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"We can cross that bridge if we come to it. For now, I think you should meet our future alpha." Capella knew full well that he would not be leaving if someone was to come looking for him, but she wasn't looking for an argument. If the time came, she would make him stay, but the danger seemed far off. Lifting her head into the air, she let out a call for @Shade. She waited a few seconds before howling a second time to tell him her position. Her eyes fell once more to the wolf in front of her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"Just be careful about the eye contact. Usually he isn't too strict, but we have a litter of pups in our camp right now, so he might be a little tense." Whether he already was aware or not, she had to make sure. She didn't want this to go downhill.

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Shade - Jun 19, 2013

Shade listened from the den with his children, their mother gone, and Ana taking care of them for him. "I’ll be right back my children; I have to answer to this call." He told them, nudging Karpos a bit closer to Ana before exiting the den. Every time Capella called, someone was in danger or she met another potential recruit. She hadn’t been wrong yet, and so he trusted her on weeding out good versus bad. Speaking of wish, he thought that the family, and friends, everyone, they could start moving slowly away from Spectral Woods towards an area he had been told about by Lachesis. It was south, no pack, he already knew where Phineas’ was, and he planned to stay away from that part of the woods.

Shade arrived at the scene, Capella and another male, he had Lachesis and Ace behind him, but more recruits couldn’t hurt at all. "Hello Capella, who is this?" He asked; a friendly smile as his only weapon. Kindness really weeded out men and women into two categories, evil and good. There was no threats, no need for insults; he was merely seeing the personality. He hadn’t turned down a man or a woman yet, but that didn’t mean that he couldn’t if he needed to. His chocolate brown eyes looking, examining the man in from of him; and the man reminded him of a male version of Elettra. At least that was appearance, not personality wise. If his personality was like Elettra, extreme caution would need to be taken. Don’t judge a book by its cover though.

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Ill - Jun 20, 2013

[dohtml]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The howl seemed to travel, rise above the fog, the heated leaves that clung so fatigued to every tree, and stay afloat in the atmosphere above the forest. Ringing out like a sweet tune, it didn't take long for new company to arrive. Suddenly the panic hit Ill like a stone; he liked Capella, her promises and forgiving attitude made the ashen male all the more welcome. Would the others find him useless?

When the wolf, or alpha as Capella called him, arrived, Ill instantly looked down. Glancing and shifty eye movements was in his nature, being so cautious demanded the constant attention of surroundings. Nervousness paid off, so coming off like dominate asshole would not be assumed, he hoped. From the few glances he did pick up, this Shade was rather similar to his own appearance. The mixture of browns and greys and blacks mirrored his own coat in ways, except for key features that put them apart. Shade was clearly much more muscular then the fresh, young male; experience seemed to gleam in his eyes rather then the dull, laid-back expression that glimmered in his own. Though intimidated, hope flickered from somewhere.

"Hello Capella, who is this?"

Ill dare not say a word, he was neither in the position nor mood to speak out of character, thinking surely that would piss everyone else off. Looking around quietly, the fog seemed to subside and retreat back to the far corners of the backwoods. With the obstacle gone, Spectral Woods became more and more welcoming. The cool, but subtle sway of branches, beams still shining on and bouncing off every little hair of the small trio;s coats, the ever present and eerie quietness the trees brought. He had never seen the grove like this before since wandering in, but it seemed like the peacefulness was a omen of good fortune. In the back of Ill's mind once more, images of a small hamlet, a muted forest with a modest den did arise...

The honey brown eyed wolf shook his head and away the thoughts of other days, focusing once more on the judgment before him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WORD COUNT : 360

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Capella - Jun 21, 2013

[dohtml]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Worry cut along her insides like a poniard; tearing it's way through her veins. She didn't know how Shade was going to react to the rogue that had found himself on their doorstep, but she was afraid he would be sent away. In her mind, everybody had a right to feel safe, and wanted. What would this male -- who reminded her so much of Lachesis -- do if whomever caught up to him did it while he was alone. Wolves were stronger when they stood together, and she was sure that she would stand beside him. Even though she didn't know anything about him, it was the right thing to do, and so she would.

The scent of Shade's approach filled her nostrils, and her eyes met his form. He was likely just coming from the den which held his kin, once inhabited by Rosealia. She had been the elephant in the room as of late. Nobody talked about it, because they didn't need to be reminded. Their alpha female stole away in the night, leaving her pups behind. A thorough inspection told them that once again she had left of her own free will, and it also told Capella that she wasn't to be trusted again. The flighty Rosealia would not be allowed to hurt Shade again, she was going to make sure of it. Capella would never be able to respect the former superior, not after this. If only Shade's former mate could see what her disappearances did to him, she might think twice next time. She destroyed him, pulled him under. The thought only made the anger in Capella's stomach boil. If she ever got a hold of Rose, she would exchange some words with the female. Nor would she ever bow down to such an unreliable alpha, again.

Ill's words touched her ears, ebbing away the anger in her core. A smile even returned to her lips, and she began introducing everyone. "This is Shade, my superior. Shade, this is Ill, a possible new recruit." She spoke while nodding to each wolf respectively. The off-white female then let her ears fall back onto her head, showing Shade the respect he deserved. "I believe he would make a great addition to our little family." Little wasn't really the right word anymore. It felt as though they were growing in numbers by the day. Shade, Ace, Adsila, Karpos, Ana, Lach, and herself. If this male were to join with them that would make eight. Six adults, and two precious puppies that still needed protection.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Shade - Jun 22, 2013

Shade stayed calm as Capella spoke of the man, Ill, and how she believed he would be an excellent candidate as a recruit for their little family. "You have never been one to judge a personality wrong Capella, I would be glad to take him in if you believe that he is the right kind of fit." He said, almost diplomatically, but still with his little voice, kind, sweet and gentle. She introduced him as her superior. "We are no pack yet, we are a band of rouges, and we should start moving farther south." He stated, knowing if they moved slowly with the pups, they could get out of the place that belonged to the wolf that had threatened Karpos and Adsila a while ago.

Shade would not speak about it though, what had happened was done, and he could not blame the wolf. That pack probably had puppies too, and therefore that made Shade and his children a threat to their children, their things that they had to protect, by love and by law. He had told Karpos and Adsila to get to the den, just in case it led to a fight. Shade had almost launched at him immediately. His tail wagged, relaxed, and not demanding anything, though he knew he would slowly incorporate his dominance, he would not demand it as a lone wolf, but it was his duty to demand it as a pack leader. Especially in lovers on the borders who might threaten a pack. Like what he had once done as a Guardian.

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Ill - Jun 22, 2013

[dohtml]

The moment when Shade's mouth dripped out the words "take him in", the fear seemed to melt away like water from Ill's coat. Though he wasn't sure what he could offer to the pack; having Dyspraxia, being constantly panicked by every shake in the foliage, it didn't worry him as long as these wolves looked at him as a fellow brother; family. Looking up, the words came to Ill.

" It would be a honor to join your family, I promise to make myself as useful as possible. " he proceeded to bow his head. Though it didn't matter much, Ill knew he would probably be the lowest ranking member in the pack. He had been that role since birth; having no outstanding set skills he thought, being too quiet, too out of the way. But Ill was a peacekeeper, he liked the wallflower position and being too friendly to people; it's what made him happy.

" If I have permission to speak up sir, " though his position in the pack was still pretty up in the air, calling this male alpha was a start, " I have traveled the southern fen and copse in my travels to this woods. You probably already know of the spilled banks and flooding in the area, but there are other wolves I've met... ". Thinking back, the nervous male thought about the strange wolves he had encountered a couple hours earlier. Though she was small, he was pretty sure the young female he had met was not alone.

WORD COUNT : 248

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Capella - Jun 22, 2013

[dohtml]

Excitement radiated through the young wolf, as Shade accepted Ill into their pseudo pack. There would be another member for her to get to know, another hunter to bring back food, and another body offering protection. Regardless of if he was able to fight or not, when they all stood together, they would be a force to reckon with. Due to the growing size of their band of rogues, she knew that they were getting closer to claiming a territory. They had to be, and once they actually claimed the woods south of here, she could begin making her rounds, just like any pack member did. Even the puppies were getting old enough to be moved, or at least they would be soon. They also had Anastasia, who was stepping up in Rosealia's place quite well. She was doing such a good job with the puppies, and just being an active member in general. Something Rose had never quite accomplished, though in her defense the puppies had been so young at that time.

When Ill spoke up, he told them that there were other wolves in the south, and Capella decided she would need to make a second mission to scout out the area. She had to make sure that the wolves down there were alright. If they were even still there. Her eyes turned to Ill once more as she awaited the end of his story, but it didn't seem to come. What was so important about the wolves there that made him feel the need to tell them right now? Worry dripped across her pelt as she wondered what he was about to tell them.

[/dohtml]

RE: Just one cherry, play again. - Ill - Jun 24, 2013

[dohtml]

Nervously, Ill noticed that all eyes were on him. Capella looked at him, concerned and eager to finish his story. No one had ever listened to him this closely, and with the spotlight all on him he began to feel the effects of a little stage fright.

" Uh... " eyes shifting, tongue drooping out in a nervous sweat. Ill wondered how apparent his anxiety problem was to them. He wished for lavender, and the company of that strange female once more. " To the south, in the fen...I met a strange female. Harmless I suppose but I do not think she is alone. " struggling, he began to think back. " There was also my brief encounter with a lost fellow in the copse as well. Besides old scents, I neither seen nor heard of anyone else. "

It was true, though Ill wished that the story he weaved at least sounded believable. Being so quiet, or at least most of the time, he was gifted with the luck of not running into hostile loners or packs that saw him as a threat. Finally though, he wouldn't have to spend another lonely night by himself. The thought of protection from others put his troubled mind at ease.

WORD COUNT : 217
NOTES : .

[/dohtml]