Ruins of Wildwood
Wildflower Glade My Mind For Hire - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+---- Thread: Wildflower Glade My Mind For Hire (/showthread.php?tid=10049)

Pages: 1 2

My Mind For Hire - Aideen - Jul 15, 2015

For @Danica
- Late morning, Partly Cloudy - 72 ° F/22 ° C

[dohtml]

There was a soft, cool breeze rustling through the thicket today, helping to counter the burning heat of the sun. Aideen had woken up today with a clear resolve, ready to take on a task she had been postponing for all too long. As the sun rose somewhere beyond the trees, quickly warming up the land, she went through her infirmary store, rearranging a few things, and bringing in the herbs that had dried over the previous day. Then she carefully picked out a few select plants, among them some fungi meant to strengthen the body, and a few herbs that might stabilize and calm the mind. The last ones in particular held her attention, they were new in her collection, something @Nina had told her about when she inquired into afflictions of the mind. This particular kind of disease was still largely a mystery to the young medic, but one that fascinated her greatly and she wanted to learn more about; Unfortunately, Nina doesn't seem to know much more... Plants were only a small part of the cure for this type of ache, so much she was beginning to understand, it took time and talking, and careful maintenance of the environment around the patient; I have so much left to learn...

The patient she had in mind now was one she knew desperately little about though, which was what she would aim to rectify today. Once Danica had been installed after Iopah brought her to the Woodlands on that fateful day, Aideen had had very little to do with the young woman. As her mother, Nina had taken on caring for the sick girl, and Aideen, being her student, and entirely inexperienced in illnesses like these, had retreated. After returning from her trip to the east, the fiery medic had seen very little of the pale lass, and though she had gotten the impression that Danica was better, she didn't know exactly how things were with her. As a medic she was interested in the state of the wolves around her, and eager to help care for anyone who might need it. Even though Nina surely had her paw on the situation, she was plenty busy with leading the pack, and Aideen would much like to take any work she could off the overburdened queen's shoulders.

So with her little collection of medicine clutched tightly, the tri-colored woman set out to find Danica, hoping that the young mother would be open to a conversation, if not directly about her state of mind, then maybe just about this and that, so they could at least come to know each other better. She didn't know where Nina's daughter had chosen to den with her young pup, it seemed she had made an effort to keep it secret, so Aideen decided to head for the Glade, since it had seemed the silvery girl seemed to have had a special connection with the place. What she would do if she did not find Danica there, she didn't know.

Word count: 505

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Danica - Jul 16, 2015

(Oooh, I love surprises, lol...sadly Dani don't...but she's in a good mood. Haha)

[dohtml]

Danica slowly rose from @Daniel 's side, giving him a loving lick to the head, "Time to rise deary, the day is young and there is much to do and learn." Perhaps she would give him a proper tour of the pack's boundaries, his limits of exploration after their talk they had later on the day of the meeting. Yes, the mother had finally given the boy his freedom, but with strict rules. Such as he couldn't be alone, someone momma trusted had to be right by his side. He also had to make her aware and ask first, no exceptions, as not to mess up a single one of his precious lessons she attempted to give him. There was so much to teach her little blossom! She loved to tell him of stories, make belief and things about her past. Such as one she often told him about a dark furred knight with blue eyes. Of course in reality it was an altered story about Titan, a man who was fiercely loyal to his family and contributed throughly to his son's raising. However, his father was actually rather busy, it seemed.

Dani shook her head to clear it of her worries, and sighed quietly to herself. Was that all she did anymore? Sigh and waste away in a helpless attempt to bring up a gentleman? Was she even succeeding to teach Danny manners? He couldn't be disrespectful, she wouldn't stand for it. That was why when a familiar scent drifted into her nostrils she took it as an opportunity. "Daniel Black Thorben, I want you to meet Aideen, now get up." It was midly harsh since the lazy lump hadn't stirred yet. It did bother the young mother that their healer was so close to the den, and so she moved out rather quickly to stop her from drawing even nearer.

"No farther, please." A few moments later the ex princess popped up on Aideen's path in a ghostly manner, her voice a tad colder than she meant. Clearing her throat she approached the uncomfortable matter more softly, "Sorry Aideen, I didn't mean to sound so gruff...I just like my privacy, if you don't mind? I suppose you need something of me? I could take you to my den, but you'll have to prove to me I can trust you around Daniel- She paused to give a weary glance- Not to be mean...but I don't know anything about you practically. I hope you can understand?" Her tone was polite, her ears submissively flattened to her superior, and tail wagging softly.

[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Aideen - Jul 18, 2015

Weeeh, Aideen is very happy to have found Dani in a good mood :)

[dohtml]

The path was well known to the budding healer, the Glade being a particularly great spot for gathering medicinal herbs, and so, she drifted off in her own thoughts while she walked. She remembered the first day she met Danica, a young, unkempt girl with wild eyes, one minute yelling at Iopah, the next carrying on like a pup, playing in the snow. Her state had been erratic, manic, violent one moment, docile the next, and Nina had made it clear to her apprentice that this was not an affliction that could be cured. So now Aideen tried to ready herself for dealing with a patient in this state, remembering how Nina had tried to calm her using simple, kind words and peaceful memories.

She was completely startled when a voice suddenly sounded from the bushes, stopping dead in her tracks as Danica's cream and silver silhouette appeared out of the bramble. Aideen tensed, ears falling backwards and tail flicking nervously behind her as she watched the younger woman closely, ready to retreat further at any move from the other. But rather than aggress, Danica flattened her own ears, waving her tail low and spoke in a softer voice. Aideen smiled in relief, taking half a step back to sit herself down, gently laying her bouquet of herbs between her front paws to free her mouth up for speaking; "Of course Danica." She answered warmly, looking at the younger wolf with her ears half raised in a friendly manner.

"In fact, that is why I've come. I hoped we could get to know each other a little better?" The vixen medic smiled softly at Danica, overjoyed to see the young mother so much better, and happy at the chance to, finally, get to know the other pack mate a little better; And not just ANY pack mate, Nina's daughter! So she waved her own tail eagerly, straining to keep her smile from growing into an all out grin. "I would love to meet you son, but I absolutely understand that you want to feel safe around me first." She added graciously, bowing her head lightly as an invitation for the pale girl to ask any questions she wanted; This is exactly what I hoped for!

Word count: 375

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Danica - Jul 27, 2015

(Lol, delightful. :) )

[dohtml]

A deep, womanly, chuckle lifted from a pale furred throat, amused eyes playing softly about the other, "Forgive me, didn't meant to startle...just meant to...uh...well, honestly, cut you off." She smiled awkwardly letting out a strand of sheepish laughs. Emeralds watched curiously as @Aideen took a seat and laid down some herbs, propping her to question, "May I ask what those are?" At the very moment the other wolf had spoken. Dani shied, "I'm sorry, didn't meant to interrupt or disrespect." Her left front paw shifted as her muzzle drifted to point southward.

Dani's gaze shifted, "Oh" she offered with a timid smile. When was the last time she had let her gaurd down like this? With a packmate? To allow her shyness to shine...and not feel guilty for it. Danica knew it had been awhile since she had cut loose in such a manner. Despite having grown her own backbone she enjoyed slipping into old boots. They were worn and comfy, accepting of the possible maniac wearing them. Lips spread, a goofy toothy grin parting them momentarily, "It's not that you can't meet him, for I asked for @Daniel to leave the den with me. Thought maybe I could test his socialization and manner skills. The thing is, I don't trust a stranger to know his only safety spot if need arises." She paused to read Aideen's reaction.

"Pardon me if my own are rusty..." She trailed off, eyes naturally rolling at her own dumbness. They rested on one of the tall mountain tops set upon the beauty's head before flickering away. Stiffly, unsure, maybe even anxiously, she attempted small talk in a voice most uncomfortable, "What's your story? Mine is sad, perhaps you have a tale more pleasing?"

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Jul 27, 2015

Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity

RE: My Mind For Hire - Aideen - Aug 02, 2015

[dohtml]

Grey-dusted brows lifted curiously at Danica's statement, ears flicking in interest. The girl was timid, though not fearful, and she spoke freely and soundly; A definite improvement! Her laughter was a little shrill, but it seemed to come from simple discomfort, not madness. It made Aideen smile happily. So did the young mother's obvious curiosity, and when her question broke into the medic's own words, she immediately paused, tilting her head encouragingly. Danica apologized, seeming to retreat a bit, appearing nervous for the reaction. Aideen shook her head lightly, giving the pale lass a reassuring smile; "No trouble." She assured, lowering her snout to pick through the plants. "They are medicine, some to stimulate your milk production, and help you and your son grow healthy and strong. And some others in case you needed help sleeping or staying... calm." She explained while she sorted the herbs, happy to pick aside some of the stronger mental agents that it seemed Danica would not need.

The ivory girl quickly regained her confidence, smiling broadly at Aideen's words, and the older woman smiled back. She listened intently to Danica's explanation, nodding lightly as she spoke, to show that she understood. It was after all true, that they were strangers to each other, and a young mother's wish for privacy, for herself and her offspring, was easy enough to understand. The addition about manners made a small, warm chuckle bubble from her throat, an encouraging smile curving her lips; "I see no problems with your manners Danica, don't be afraid to speak, it takes more than a few slips to insult me." She winked, hoping to further calm the other, she had come to talk, openly and casually, she didn't want the girl to fear unintended provocation.

Danica's attention seemed to have drifted, deep green eyes gazing into the distance; Her mother's eyes. The healer noted. Though that seemed to be all the girl shared with her dam in as far as physical characteristics. Suddenly those eyes returned to her, an unexpected question spoken, in a slightly awkward tone. Copper eyes widened in surprise, a moment of stunned silence following. Then they met those emerald green, honestly glowing in their warm light; "Oh, my story? I don't have much of one. I left home to seek out new adventures, came here, and found a new place I wanted to call home." She looked around at the thicket, smiling contently; "I don't know whether it's pleasing, but at least it's not sad." Her smile was directed at Danica again, head once more tilting encouragingly. It was no secret that she was curious about Nina's daughter, whom she had heard so little about. The way she had asked her question, it didn't sound like she was immediately intent on telling her own story, and Aideen did not want to prod at her, but if Danica wanted to talk about herself, the medic was more than ready to listen.

Word count: 492

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Danica - Aug 08, 2015

(Not my best post, but it was 4 almost 5 am when I started! Haha :) )
[dohtml]

With ears perked in interest Danica attempted a joke, "Well, with a kid around running about without my permission I might need some of the calming herbs!" She recognized the joke as bad and the chuckle she emitted along with the tense face, drawn back head, and awkwardly casted to the side eyes, one could tell she knew. Swallowing and recovering from the moment she said, "Thanks Aideen...very thoughtful of you. I'm sure Daniel would love the increase of milk." A nervous smile, an anxious unnecessary blink of her orbs, and twitching of her paws. She was failing dramatic now all because of her stupid sense of humor! Why Danica, why?!

For some reason Dani squirmed when the other winked at her, muttering, "Oh alright...but still...haha." She trailed...

Danica smiled dreamily, "I love your story...no regrets. No sadness. Just a happy woman finding her place in the world...I admire that, Aideen." She added her name to intensify the genuine feeling the mother was attempting to create. She recognized it was now time to speak, and titling her head up to look at the sky. Paying attention to the trees, and so she started, "My story, just like the fallen leaf of a tree before autumn hits, isn't the best. If that makes sense. My mother fell for a man named Koda, just like I fell for Titan. Well, together they had a littler of three, Tacoma, the eldest, Ashton the middle baby, and me as the little tag along runty sister. We were quite a batch and close too, I must admit. I loved my brother and looked up to them...even if they teased me constantly. Well, Koda didn't stick around long and by the time he had came home me and Ashton had grown....Tacoma....passed. I happened to be there when my father seeked to reenter Secret Woodlands. Boy was I one furious puff ball, I went off on him and told him in a very wrongly way that his child was no longer alive. I couldn't help blaming him for it though, still kinda can't. I often times believe that if he had just staid with us Tacoma would be alive and our family wouldn't be broken. I almost skipped over Hollow! He stepped up and became our father figure, even if he was closer to Ashton. I loved him mostly because as my brother drifted from us and became someone entirely different after our brother's death, Hollow...he just...helped."

Moving her head down to a more comfortable position, and catching her breath, she paused. Looking up so long has strained her neck. She took her time to continue on with the long tale she was sharing, "....Hollow was a good man and saved me from loosing Ashton too. We were attacked by lynxs and mom got hurt a little, it was so scary, but Hollow was there and our current healer too. Back to dad now, I mean Koda, I couldn't bear the pain and weight of Secret Woodlands anymore. So, as foolish as it was, I left and found myself talking to a young boy at the banks of Heartleaf creek. Titan took me to his home and we bonded over the lost of our siblings, Malia and Tacoma. He also happened to bring me to Ash, my uncle. Any who many things happened, even a...surprisingly pleasant visit from Koda. Sometime after his visit though I hurt my leg and was cave bound for awhile. It wasn't all awful though, Titan spent the nights with me, and I met a woman named Namid briefly. She helped me to recognize my desire to teach. Since my childhood had robbed me of some things I wanted to learn, and share the knowledge I gained."

Another breather, "After that Titan went missing, so, despite being hurt, I left in search of my best friend. I couldn't deal with the thought of something bad happening to him. I quickly became lost, starving, my wound oozing, and everything was surreal. All around me things wanted to hurt me and torture my very existence. I was oh so very scared till Iopah found me....." She looked sad, knowing what she'd done to the woman, "More time passed of course and drama happened. Somehow I ended up with a little gift and no Titan, which hurts. I think Daniel was put in my life for a reason though...throughout my short life I have lost so many males and now I've birthed a son. A chance at making a gentleman, and someone to fill the gapping wounds in my heart. He is my little blessing...." Quickly she mentioned, " @Gent also...I didn't say much about him...but he's a brother to me and he has given me hope in males...and life. " With shiny eyes, brimmed with tears, Danica looked towards her and @Daniel 's den location through the foliage. Her heart beat loudly in her ears, but she drained the sound away with a weak smile knowing better days were ahead of her...

(Sorry it's so...well...long?)

[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Aideen - Aug 08, 2015

@Danica No sweat, I really enjoyed it!! Have a long one in return ^^;

[dohtml]

Danica's joke made her smile broadly, tail waving in recognition even as the pale girl cringed back. She still seemed so nervous, so afraid of making a mistake, and embarrassed about her own words, and it made the healer both a little sad, and amused; She's young yet... There was plenty of time for the cream pelted lass to gain confidence, after all - as Aideen would soon learn - she had many a reason to be timid. Still, the healer aimed to do all she could to ease the girl, keeping her seat relaxed and posture neutral, warmth in her eyes and a friendly smile on her face while her tail wagged reassuringly behind her. This made her duck her head in shame when she saw Danica's reaction to the little playful gesture; she had hoped to loosen the tension, not create more. So she moved to at least restore what she had ruined, nodding lightly and speaking softly: "Being a mother can be taxing, especially for the first time and at such a young age." She assured; "Nina taught me as much. If you take some of this each night, you will sleep easier, and both you and Daniel should grow even better than you already are." She pointed her nose down at the herbs, smiling commendingly at the lighter female - She did seem to be doing a great job already though; As much to be expected of Nina's daughter?

At the comment about her story though, Aideen's smile faltered; No regrets? Where should she start? Sometimes she regretted leaving home at all, though there were so many things she would never have experienced if she hadn't; She missed her family, her mother; She could be dead now... She definitely regretted running away from Coal that first day, by Heartleaf Creek, if she had stayed with him, he might never have been hurt so badly. Then there was Ashanti, the training medic still felt like she could have done more... And of course that day in winter, when she was stupid enough to leave the territory alone and got caught in that snow storm, sweeping her away from the Woodlands when she was needed most. Well it was a long list. And sadness? Well there was plenty of that too, the ones she had lost, the ones she would never see again, her friendship with Iopah now broken by forces out of her control. No, the picture she had painted might have been way to rosy, but she didn't say any of this to Danica, there was no need, Aideen had lived through those trials and, mostly, she was better for it, she kept holding her head high.

Now it was the younger woman's turn, and Danica turned her eyes to the sky before beginning her tale. The vixen wolfess followed her gaze, watching the leaves rustling in the light breeze while she listened to the story. It was a long and windy one, but Aideen listened patiently, and with no small amount of curiosity. Danica was no bad storyteller, and her emotion translated easily, even while they weren't looking at each other. Aideen closed her eyes, listening quietly, though several different expressions flashed across her features as the tale went on. Only when the young mother reached a point that her audience of one could recall, the return to Secret Woodlands, lead by Iopah, did Aideen lower her own head, copper eyes looking to meet vibrant greens. Danica had more to tell though, of her sons conception, and a mysterious gent. One bright-rusty ear flicked but otherwise the medic didn't react, waiting silently instead, to hear if there was anything more her pack mate wanted to add.

Only when she was sure Danica had finished, did Aideen move to speak again. She had seen the flash of tears in the other's eyes as she looked back in direction of her son; Not strange after such an emotional story. But she had also seen the joy on the young mother's face when she spoke of her pup; Her little blessing... It tugged at the training healer's heartstrings, both because she could relate to that connection to child, hoping, wishing that one day she would feel the same; And because it warmed her to see so much positivity and joy in someone who had been through so much. "You have had a hard life Danica, experiencing all that in just two years. But it makes me happy to see that you have found meaning in it, I think you will make a wonderful teacher." Aideen finally said, voice soft and warm. She smiled at the pale girl, feeling honored that she had chosen to tell her whole story, glad that they now knew each other closer; "Thank you for sharing all this with me, I know it couldn't have been easy. It was lovely to hear you talk though, admittedly I was... A little nervous about your mental state, after our last meeting." The healer's ears fell to the side, slightly embarrassed, but she thought it best to be honest, and after all, she was in charge of the health of the pack, so it was her duty to check in on everyone. "I'm very happy to see you are doing so well now, and your son too." Another wide smile was flashed at the pale girl, copper eyes twinkling lightly as she added; "You know I was the runt of my litter too, two brothers born before me, I know all about how that can be. But it taught me a lot, I'll probably never see my brothers again, but I'm very thankful for what they've given me."

Word count: 951

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Daniel - Aug 09, 2015

[dohtml]
regular text -

thought text

- talking text

He knew his mother called for him. He was well aware she wanted his presence but he didn't feel like moving. But when the tones got harsh he lingered near the front of the den, still not ready to full join the pair. A strange woman's voice rang out and it made him wonder..who was near his mother? Slipping out of the den after what seemed like forever Daniel slid up next to his mother. As the strange woman ended speaking the dark child looked her over respectfully. "Daniel." It was his one word introduction. Forcing a smile on his face he leaned into his mother's leg.

Looking up at his mother a true genuine smile lined his face. "Mom!" His tail wagged behind him happily. Waiting for some type of show of affection. Even his name falling sweetly from her lips would be enough for the boy.

Green eyes drifted back to the older woman with curiosity. "Friend of mom?" Perhaps this woman was like a Gent (someone he heard stories of late at night when he couldn't sleep) or even like a Hudson. Although no one would come close to being like Hudson to the dark Thorben. He was a father he never had, a knight for the dark boy and his mother. Everything that white knight did Daniel appreciated.

Looking around Daniel wondered if the woman brought anyone or anything with her. Most wolves he had met had some sort of gift. Whether it be words, food, or toys the dark boy was used to getting something.

261 words

And papa wasn't there
[/dohtml]

RE: My Mind For Hire - Danica - Aug 09, 2015

[dohtml]

Danica found herself looking speechlessly at the woman, heart racing in some odd way. As she stumbled over in her mind of what to say, she found herself doing what she normally did. Perhaps the girl was forming into quite a physical wolf, but at least she wasn't a statue. The mum rose up to approach Aideen, pulling her into a warm embrace. "Thank you...and I understand your concern...I'm sorry about your brothers." She managed retreating from the offered affection, before stating, "I only keep us detached from the pack because I don't know how they'll react to him. I fear for his safety often times, and anyways, I prefer spending one on one time. Even if it is another lesson he shows little interest in." She chuckled in amusement while taking her seat, head swaying to watch as her little blossom appeared.

A proud smile beamed on Danica's friendly pale face, "Morning Daniel, I am so very glad you could join us. Yes, Aideen is a friend of ours, and I expect you to show her the utmost respect." Then without much thought she gently, almost lovingly, nudged her son in front of herself. She did it as if to show him off, and waited to see what the little Thorben would do. Dani studied him for signs that she wasn't completely fucking up this whole motherhood thing. A gentleman is what she wanted to see in this world, so she would just have to raise one.

[/dohtml]