Ruins of Wildwood
Secret Falls Troublemakers - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Secret Falls Troublemakers (/showthread.php?tid=10085)

Pages: 1 2

Troublemakers - Cornelia - Jul 20, 2015

@Drestig
[dohtml]

Cornelia

The sandy woman had decided to follow the deathly stream of water. Crossing the mountain and keeping an eye on the wild water hadn't been easy. It was a bit of a task to keep from falling down and simply drowning. But she had to say, it did keep her from starving. The fish she got out of it had been caught with a pounding heart but it had filled her stomach well. She wasn't really picky for her food, even if she didn't prefer fish it fulfilled it's prupose. Without a pack or at least a partner surviving here gave her grave reminders of her younger self. Lost, no family and simply starving as a loner who was way too young to fight the world. Right now she was a woman, skilled for fighting but her hunting was quite okay if she said so herself. Enough to keep her ribs from showing and going back to crawling over the earth, starving every single day. She didn't chew berries or grinded her teeth in her sleep because her stomach was churning without any food in it. No this time she might be alone but she was prepared for the harsh life of loneliness. No white savior who would stab her in the back the moment she wasn't important anymore. Only Cornelia, only herself. She would do fine, she could find a place to sleep for a few days and keep on moving. Maybe start a pack if she was lucky. The thought of following another Queen made her coals burn with rage and hurt. No, she would stay out of pack life for a bit.

The sound of water slapping against hard rock was deafening. But Cornelia had the feeling that her ears were already beyond repair. Days on end she had heard the sound and now it was just a low rumble in the background. She did wonder where the river had brought her, now the scents started to form differently and more greens started to appear. A forest? Her ears perked up at the thought. She would die for a bit of shelter and simply earth under her paws instead of rocks and slippery mud. Honestly she was sick of this river. The Timber wolf walked up, little rocks falling down the river as she found herself on higher ground. Yes, much better, she thought as she felt the earth under her pads. The scent of trees, bushes and.. wolf. Instantly her muscles tensed as her ears turned. Somewhere there was a wolf, and she had no feels for pleasantries right now. She wanted to sleep under a tree and rest.  Damn her luck.

"Speech."
Maybe I walked this long way by myself

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Drestig - Jul 22, 2015

This is gonna be fun!

[dohtml]

A small mission to start out with, that was what he had told himself, just a small slink by the borders of their new neighbors, trying to spy on the wolves of this newly formed pack. He was out of training after all, but he longed to get back to travelling; Scouting. So he had set out early, crossing swiftly through the woods surrounding his home land and moving into lesser known territory. He had been here before sure, following the windings of Coldwater Creek, but it was rare that he got this far north. He grew more courteous as he progressed, lowering himself into the underbrush and sticking to the shadows, slowly stalking closer to the pine tree forest. Then a faint sound reached him, ears twitching as it filled them. Is that water? He was pretty sure his current route had taken him much farther east than the creek, as he wanted to circle around the timber pack; But what is this water then?

His curiosity was stirred, and making a swift decision, he moved further north-east, following the sound of crashing water. The noise quickly increased as he made his way through the woods, paws falling silently on the soft ground, head hanging low; he was still in unknown land, and dangerously close to, maybe not enemy, but at least forbidden territory. So all his senses were on alert, and as he neared what could only be a waterfall, they caught the scent of another wolf. The ebony man froze in place, crouching further down between the ferns and listening carefully. Really the smartest move would be to hightail it out of there, this might very well be one of the members of this newly formed pack, and being caught sneaking around so close to their borders would not exactly sent the greatest message. But of course, he wasn't known for being easily swayed by reason, and as of late he had been feeling especially reckless, so with a low snort of determination, he slowly crept closer.

The water falls were a stunning sight, only too bad they were wasted on a wolf with very little eye for beauty - for the time being at least. The water cascaded down a collection of rocks, forming several smaller streams that gathered in a single large pool at the bottom. Clear tracks of several different animals revealed the place to be a favorite watering-spot of the area, probably a good place to ambush prey for an easy meal. Of course at the moment, the only animal present, standing at the top of the falls, was a wolf. A female, slender of build, with long legs, and a pelt of mixed, tan hues, saddled with a sheet of taupe grey. She appeared healthy enough, but still the look of her was somewhat rough; A fighter... Was his first thought, and a further examination of her scent exposed her as a loner, no hint of other wolves on her fur. Which was fortunate, because in that very moment, she tensed, head turning in his direction sniffing intently.

"About time to reveal myself, I suppose." The raven man drawled, slowly lifting himself up and stepping out into the open. The ground around the pool was soft, and the air humid with the evaporation from the foaming water. Silver tipped muzzle tilted upwards, ember eyes seeking out the stranger on the rocks above; he didn't much like being the one on lower ground, but he wasn't desperately concerned, if it came to blows, he was confident he could take her. For now he waved his tail lazily, high behind him, a small smirk on his lips as he said: "I'm surprised to find another loner out here. Was rather expecting one of those timber pooches."

Word count: 632

"Speech" Thoughts

WHEN YOUR DREAMS ALL FAIL,

AND THE ONES WE HAIL,

Drestig Avalon

ARE THE WORST OF ALL,

AND THE BLOOD'S RUN STALE.

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Cornelia - Jul 24, 2015

[dohtml]

Cornelia

Where was that f*cker? Her eyes scanned over the terrain like a hawk hunting a white rabbit in the snow. Maybe she was paranoia but she always trusted her gut, which said right now someone was watching her and she couldn’t find him. She gritted her teeth as she tried to concentrate but with roaring water under and behind her concentration became a difficult thing. She didn’t like this situation, at all. The place was unfamiliar, the kind of wolves that were scattered over this place were the same. And now someone was ogling her with unknown intentions. Great. She wasn’t going to back down, over her death body that she would leave this person. If he –or she, Cornelia really didn’t care-  was going to follow her that would definitely give some problems. And just not knowing who this stranger was made her skin crawl.

Cornelia became very close to just yell at the unseen stranger. Stupid looks aside, she didn’t care. But then another black stranger stepped on the stage. Another black wolf, this place is crawling with them. Her jaw tightened and her lips itched to just form an angry snarl. No, she shouldn’t. Even if she wanted to hate every black wolf and rip them apart, they were not him. It was unfair, yet she couldn’t help but feel wary and more annoyed than justified. The Timber woman snorted at the man’s words, her eyes roaming over his body. Handsome as he was, he was definitely older than her, a fur coated with scents of other wolves. A pack wolf it was. It was in the way the man held his tail and head held high, the nonchalance he carried himself caught her to grimace. This man could cause her a lot of trouble, if things go wrong in every way. But she looked down on the man, held the higher ground and she couldn’t help but mirror the smirk that was on his face. Maybe this situation wasn’t so bad.

‘Seems like I don’t meet the requirements of your expectations.’ Cornelia snorted, timber pooches, what was that supposed to mean? Certainly he didn’t mean her, she might be a Timber wolf but she was everything he could have expected. Whoever those pooches were, this man didn’t seem too fond of them. ‘Got tired of staring at me and decided to have the decency to show yourself?’ Her head tipped to the left as she stared into those ember eyes. They said eyes could mirror the soul but she found it pure bullshit, a good actor could even trick the eyes to show what they had to be shown. And these eyes showed pure confidence. It was in the way he stood, the way he talked and looked at her. It irked her, like a silent challenge that she was beneath this guy. Ridiculous thoughts, she swept them aside but the annoyance of his existence stayed in her mind like the buzz of a bee circling around her head. What did he want from her? She could be wrong, but the man didn’t appear as a happy go lucky go. Talking to every wolf that came on his path. The whole good point of this situation was that she could always flee or jump the guy in dire situations. Yes, positive thoughts.  

"Speech."

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Jul 24, 2015

There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity

RE: Troublemakers - Drestig - Jul 28, 2015

[dohtml]

It was clear on her face that she wasn't pleased, lips tightening when her searching eyes finally found him. There was a clear glimmer in their dark depths, but from this distance it was impossible to tell of what exactly. Drestig remained calm while she studied him, taking in his words and deciding how to answer. It had been a while since the ebony man had last met a stranger, and t his surprise, he quite enjoyed watching her inspect him and forming a first impression, no complicated pack politics or knowledge of family and status to take into account; Just two strangers, passing in the night. Her first answer to his words was a slightly rude noise, and he chuckled internally, he would probably have done the same.

Finally, she returned his sly smile, and he was delighted, it seemed she was not the sort to take things to seriously. His whiskers twitched, smile widening when she spoke. She was an interesting creature, build for fighting, and with the scars to show for it too, proof that she was as capable as she looked. The dark lad had always preferred muscle to delicacy, a woman who was clearly capable of carrying her own catching his eye where a more feminine might go unnoticed. And this lady most definitely had his attention, there was obviously more to her than met the eye, and the manner in which she confronted him made a pleasant chuckle rise in his throat. "Oh no-no darling, please don't mistake my caution for indecency!" He answered through the light laughter, dipping his muzzle lightly to the tawny dame before meeting her eyes evenly; "You understand, I had to make sure you weren't an enemy before I introduced myself." One dark brow cocked as he said it, smile never wavering. Then, after a short pause, he tilted his head and added; "Besides, you must be used to men staring at you." The statement was almost matter of fact, only a slight hint of humor in his voice, eyes wide and clear, like he honestly couldn't imagine anything else.

In truth, the woman might very well be unused to attention, she was not the kind to draw eyes in a crowd, her tawny pelt and sturdy build leaning towards the average of wolf standards. But that did not make her uninteresting, no, not at all. In fact, most often the plain looking wolves were the most intriguing, the once hiding the most under their fleece. In a sudden, smooth movement, Drestig loosened his eyes from her topaz', dipping his head chivalrously; "Please forgive me if I have offended you, that was never my intention," He looked back up, smiling impishly; "I am Drestig Avalon, pleased to meet you."

Word count: 460

"Speech" Thoughts

AND THE ONES WE HAIL,

Drestig Avalon

ARE THE WORST OF ALL,

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Cornelia - Jul 31, 2015

[dohtml]

Cornelia

This male was different from any other guy she had ever met. His calm demeanor mixed with sly smirks and a glint in his dark eyes that she couldn’t comprehend. It puzzled her, what exactly was going on in this man’s mind. Then again, it wouldn’t matter after this meeting. There were chances she wouldn’t meet this dark creeping stranger ever again. So far Cornelia didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing. She had to say he looked strong, competent even though she would never say it out loud. Not in front of his face anyway, Cornelia had a vague feeling that this guy had already enough confidence. No need to boost it even more.

A chuckling sound came from the male. The timber woman tilted her head slightly in question but soon gave away for another snort. Darling. Well she hadn’t heard that for ages. Actually there had been only one who had ever called her with such endearment. One of her older Guards who had the tendency to flirt with female and male alike. He never strayed further from smooth words and seducing whispers. She could see her old ‘’friend’’ stand next to this guy and it was enough to quirk a little smile. Males were idiots. Wait why was she smiling? She shouldn’t be smiling at this.. stranger. She didn’t know what he about his agenda and he certainly wasn’t just a friendly guy. At least that was her first impression. Still he was quite the smooth talker to distract her from the annoyance that had been burning just minutes ago. Cornelia huffed as she slightly glared at the man for distracting her thoughts. Yet she slowly nodded with him agreement. He did have a point, unlike her the man had more knowledge what was hidden among the trees and bushes in this area. ‘And I am not the enemy?’ She said with smooth nonchalance. She could be an enemy, she was strong enough. But Cornelia didn’t dwell on her thoughts for long.
Blood rushed to her head, slowly forming a blush that she cursed out in her head. No, she was not blushing! She gave herself a good wake up call, forcing the blood away from her head. She was not getting flustered just because one male was staring at her. Besides it was this guy, the one who was creeping on her and seemed to enjoy his games. Surely she was not used to compliments that weren’t about her skills or accomplishments. She wasn’t ugly, Cornelia knew that much but she was well aware she was anything but the delicate female. The amused look in the dark eyes made her roll her eyes, but not without a little smile. God, it felt almost like she was talking with a one year old teenager.

‘I’ll forgive you, I think.’  She said with a little smirk. The man’s dramatic antics were rather amusing, she had to admit. The woman moved forward, jumping from her higher ground. She didn’t think this would turn out in anything bad, maybe overly cheesy and theatrical but nothing dangerous. ‘Drestig Avalon, I will make sure to remember that name.’ She quipped, her tail relaxed hanging in the air. ‘I assume I will gave my name in return. If only to keep you from saying ‘’darling.’ She mimicked his tone with a roll of her eyes. ‘Cornelia Saer.’  
With their initial introductions past them, Cornelia wondered what she would do next. It had been some time since she had company, if Drestig would be good company was still up for debate. But usually she would avoid other wolves with her short fuses lately. ‘What is your business here.. Drestig? I haven’t smelled any borders, otherwise I would have turned around.’ She hesitated a moment before she spoke his name. The name felt foreign on her lips. With questions in her eyes Cornelia stared right in the lighter pair of eyes with her brown orbs. Maybe he was a scout, or simply on a stroll? She was not sure what to expect, so she expected nothing.

"Speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Drestig - Aug 07, 2015

[dohtml]

This woman was an absolute delight! Maybe it was just that she wasn't of Oak Tree Bend, that she wasn't buried under all the same sorrows that weight on the shoulders of his pack mates. Then again, who was he to say she didn't have her own hurts to sooth? Perhaps it was simply the fact that he himself was out and about for the first time in so long, away from the responsibility, and the dense cloud of anger and grief. He felt alive! For the first time since Silver... A flash of pain swept through his ember eyes, though it was swiftly suppressed, replaced instead by another slick smile. "You tell me?" He answered her question cryptically. Oh he had so missed playing these games. Pack life had made him complacent, he simply did his duties, day after day, staying in place, following the laws. It sickened him a bit. It wasn't that he didn't love the Bend, and the wolves that lived there, but he felt like he was stagnated, living a life that was easy rather than one that he truly wanted; I need MORE!

The ebony chap shook off his self-pity, turning his attention back to the sand-pelted shewolf. And just in time too, he saw the hint of embarrassment, hastily covered up by a roll of the eyes - Her trademark expression it seems - And the tiniest amused smile. He returned the grin with a knowing expression, waving the tip of his tail in the air. She conceded to forgive him and his smirk grew wider, head tilting ever so slightly. Then she suddenly sprang down the rocks, leveling their positions, and he smoothly took half a step back, bowing his head in acknowledgement of that gesture. "I couldn't ask for anything more." He said, a touch of feign-gallantry in his tone, though he meant it honestly enough. Then he lifted his head again, meeting her eyes evenly when she spoke his name, yet another smirk gracing his features. She moved to give her own introduction, her dismissal of his sweet talk making a fresh, low chuckle bubble in his chest. But when she offered her real name, he nodded lightly; "And I yours, Cornelia." He deliberately spoke the title in the exact same tone as he had used when calling her 'darling', but then sobered up his expression some, nodding again, he did not mean to insult her, simply have a little fun.

And then it was her turn to meet his eyes, her deep mahoganies clear and strong, though not challenging. He enjoyed her open confrontation, and looked back with a sparkle in his own embers. Her question made his brows rise, ears flicking as he took a moment to simply take her in. Then he sat back on his hunches, smiling pleasantly; "Naah my borders are a good ways away, though that's not to say there aren't some nearby." He turned his head to gaze into the pine forest, ears flicking attentively, then he glanced back to her; "My neighbors live around these parts, and I was here for a... Visit." His tone left no doubt what he thought of these neighbors, face mysterious as he waited for her reaction.

Word count: 540

"Speech" Thoughts

AND THE ONES WE HAIL,

Drestig Avalon

ARE THE WORST OF ALL,

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Cornelia - Aug 08, 2015

[dohtml]

Cornelia

The timber woman shook her head as she made a soft ‘tsk tsk’’ sound at the male’s question. ‘Answering with a question. You sure know your manners.’ She said stoic yet her tail swished playfully in the air. It had been a while since she had actually simply bantered with someone about anything. The feeling felt familiar and eased the woman slightly from her previous icy demeanor. It was quite hard to stay cool towards the black male, his theatrical antics were quite amusing. He was still a stranger, a slight creep and simply because of the first matter she put up some walls, like they were needed or something. Lately her mind had been all but walls and filters. It kept her going through daily life so Cornelia decided not to meddle with it, fearing what might come out if she let all her walls down. No, she rather stayed oblivious for just a bit longer.

Somehow Drestig had an unknown amount of smiles. Teasing smiles, knowing smiles, amused smiles, his lips formed the same kind of shape but somehow they all seemed just a bit different. It was odd to watch as it was amusing. It wasn’t like the black male had his emotions on his face, but the slight insight in his emotions gave Cornelia a false sense of ease. He could still attack every moment with the same grin on his face, until she would actually know the guy she might become less paranoid. However she couldn’t help it feel a hidden sincerity behind the man’s body language. Probably her Guardian gut instinct talking.
Drestig took a step back as she took herself to the lower grounds. Back on eye level the man looked very different. Less small obviously but in her head she could compare his size, his muscles to her own. How different they were even though their average height wasn’t a huge difference. A slight huff came out with an eye roll as the man spoke her name with that bloody tone of his. Surely to get an reaction out of her, in which he succeeded. She wasn’t really mad about it, although she did feel like swishing her tail right between the eyes, just for particular reasons.

‘Sounds like you’re not very fond of your neighbors.’ She said with a smirk as she looked around. She could get why packs would live around the corner. It was an alright place for a few wolves. ‘So,’ her head tilted to the right. ‘Am I distracting you from an important visit?’’ A full smirk bloomed on her lips as she stared into the male’s eyes. It felt like they were playing tag but with words. They ran after each other, teased and hunted until they tapped the other and the game would be reversed. It was strangely amusing, quite thrilling too. She had seen his teasing, his dramatic moments and she would no doubt have more of that the longer their conversation continued. But Cornelia wasn’t stupid, she knew there was a lot more behind a wolf from what she knew right now. She wouldn’t say she was searching for those new expressions, those hidden sides, but she could admit that she was rather curious at this point.

"Speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Drestig - Aug 11, 2015

[dohtml]

His ears fell out to the sides, smile disappearing as he took on the expression of a shameful pup when she scolded him. He looked up at her with overly widened eyes and pouting lips, the perfect image of guilt. "Apologies, I've never been much of a gentleman." His voice was as slick as ever, amusement glittering in the depths of his smoldering embers. Her flicking tail and a similar light in her dark mahoganies proved that she was not truly offended; Even when she once more rolled her eyes at his antics. It was truly nice to have company both understanding and capable of humor for a change. Of course he hadn't exactly been the biggest hoot himself lately, but getting out of the glum of Oak Tree Bend had helped immensely, and he enjoyed taking part in some light banter, momentarily forgetting his own pain.

And then Cornelia even let slip a crooked smile of her own, the expression a gorgeous addition to her otherwise undistinguished features. It lit up her whole face. Drestig grinned back, the most sincere smile yet to cross his face, almost completely free of undertones. Then he shrugged, expression growing remarkably sober as he answered: "To be honest, I don't really know them much... I guess I'm just, not really a trusting nature." His smile returned, smaller now, like a shadow of its predecessor, but just as honest. Orange eyes ran over her buff form, a knowing look in them, then he sighed lightly; "But no, they're not important... In truth, I could use some, distraction." He put the same sarcastic stress on the word as she had, but this time it was not to mock her.

Instead he sought to meet her bistre gaze, a slow fire burning in his eyes. Silence stretched for a moment, then he parted his dark lips; "So know you know why I'm here, but what brought you to these parts?" A dark eyebrow arched lazily, tail waving behind him in a nonchalant manner; "Am I right to assume that you are new around here?" Though it was phrased like a question, it wasn't really one, the ebony scout was pretty assured in his assumption. Still it was the polite thing to do, to ask rather than assume; That comment about manners got to me after all then? The thought made him chuckle silently; Oh well, better late than never to change my habits...

Word count: 407

"Speech" Thoughts

AND THE ONES WE HAIL,

Drestig Avalon

ARE THE WORST OF ALL,

[/dohtml]

RE: Troublemakers - Cornelia - Aug 26, 2015

[dohtml]

Cornelia

The man was a sarcastic honest delight. Of course she would never admit this in their current nor future conversations. The flowing current of thrown smirks, amusing glints and remarks were amusing to no end. As if they played a game of tag with words, both were pretty good at the game too.

"Hmmm.." The woman hummed as she worked with the new information. Two packs, settled quite close to one another and Cornelia expected they would either be enemies or have no connections at all. Drestig surely wouldn't speak bad about wolves of an alliance, she estimated the man smarter than that.  She lifted her chin slightly as she snickered. "Am I a good distraction?" Her eyes twinkled with mischief as she spoke.

That twinkle died when Drestig asked for her reasons to be here. "I killed my King and abandoned my pack." The blunt words fell down before her paws with rock weight. Cornelia had no idea how those words dropped from her tongue without any venom or malice in her tone. It had come like she stated her own age or name. What did she hope to achieve with spilling her darkest spot in her history? Did was one of the more interesting wolves she had met in moons and now she just told him she was a murderer. Not that the black demon hadn't deserved it, but it wasn't exactly light food for conversations. Unsure what to do she simply stared at the dark male, trying to tell what the man would do or say.

"Speech."

[/dohtml]