Ruins of Wildwood
Turtleback Lake weightless - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+---- Thread: Turtleback Lake weightless (/showthread.php?tid=10152)

Pages: 1 2

weightless - Lachesis - Aug 02, 2015

@Karpos<3
[dohtml]

While the River wolves had been in Kingsfall for weeks now, XIX still had an unsettling feeling in his stomach. Until Lachesis no longer felt he was needed at Maksim’s side, or he was to step up once more as a replacement, he would remain loyal to the emerald-eyed leader. The ghost trusted the leader’s judgement and respected the decisions he made; Lachesis would also do whatever was necessary to ensure Maksim’s orders were followed. Although he had been a member of the Rapids briefly, the healer had been with the pack during its move to Cedarwood as well as the recent move. He had history with these wolves; shared memories with them. The thought of leaving them behind… it did not sit well with the pear-eyed male.

However, Lachesis was getting disgruntled with the disappearance of members. It seemed that finding loyal wolves was a lot more difficult than he had anticipated. There were three disappearances that really stuck with the lanky healer. First was one of his closest friends – Capella – who had vanished without a word after they had confessed their feelings toward each other. Then Bastet… they were supposed to have a future together; it had been remarkable how well the two had gotten along and how close they had become. And then nothing – like Capella, she had left without a word. He had attempted to follow her scent trail, but it was long gone… XIX was not sure if she would ever return. Finally, although the female was relatively new to the River pack, the second healer Amisun had disappeared during their travels north. Perhaps something had caught her attention and she had temporarily lost her way… either way, she was no longer a member of the pack.

Now that he had his blue-eyed dove back in close proximity, Lachesis worried that she too would disappear once more. He had already lost her once before, he did not know if he was capable of going through that pain again. Anastasia seemed thrown off by her return – things had changed during her absence (even he had) – and it worried him. XIX worried that she would not be able to adjust to her -- their -- new life and leave their home in Kingsfall.

Heartwood, although similar to Cut Rock River, was still not the same. As much as he felt at home, there was something off; something was not right and it worried him. He could not figure out what it was, and he was not sure if he wanted to.

As these thoughts tormented him, the slender healer made his way through the trees toward the sandy beaches of the lake to the south. He remembered passing it on their way to Hearthwood and had not gotten a chance to return. The sun was hot on his back as the cover of trees abandoned him, exposing him to the clear, blue sky above. Perhaps there was something the lake could offer that would distract him – a swim, fishing, searching for water-based herbs… anything. Anything to soothe his troubled mind.

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Karpos - Aug 02, 2015

[dohtml]
i can show you how many moves to check mate

To say that Karpos had been troubled might have been an understatement. It had been weeks since the move to the new territory and Jynx was still ignoring him without telling him why. He couldn’t remember doing anything wrong in that time, and wondered if she had found out something to his past that made her hate him. The idea of his best friend hating him had hit him hard, and made him withdraw himself. He had done some scouting and wandering around where he met Gent again and started to repair those roads before he was challenged by Kjors. Karpos was proud to say that he not only held his own, but he had made the other man realize that he should not have challenged the young man.

After that, Karpos had gained the courage to officially approach Maksim about the rank as a guardian, as he was of age to claim the title once he had proved it was the best role for him. It was because of this he would wander around outside of the Kingsfall, looking for some kind of life to interact with. The boy was in luck as a familiar scent wafted towards him and he raced off. It had been too long since he had last spoken with his Uncle, and he was eager to know how everything was going with the man. His tail wagged slightly as he approached the lanky healer, a small grin on his face as he spoke up. “Uncle!” There was delight hidden in his tone as he approached.

Curiosity hit him, wondering if Kjors had listened to his demand to see a healer but he decided he could ask that of the man later. With everything that he had gone through, Lachesis had always been there and was the constant in his life, which meant that Karpos would cling more to him than anyone else, because when Anastasia had disappeared, Lachesis was there to share the grief and when he had been kicked out of the Keep, he had found Lachesis. When Karpos’ dad had died, Lachesis was there. To say Lachesis was always there for him was an understatement.

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Lachesis - Aug 07, 2015

<3
[dohtml]

While he had been born of the snow there was something about water that soothed the pearly white healer. Since (unwillingly) departing from the Reserve, XIX had taken to the art of fishing quickly – it was something, aside from his healing, that he excelled at. Due to his long, willowy legs, the male was also particularly good at land-hunting, but he was partial to fishing. Not only did he like pursuing the sleek creatures beneath the surface, but Lachesis also enjoyed the calming atmosphere that came with the liquid. He was always at peace by the water’s edge, or when he submerged his slender body. Sometimes he felt as though he should’ve been born a fish, or a frog – some aquatic creature – due to his fondness of the strange substance. He was fortunate that his family was preferred living adjacent to rivers…

Not only did water provide a variety of different fish to snack on, but it was also home to an abundance of medicinal plants that fed of the water-logged soil. Lachesis frequently debated starting his own water garden back in the infirmary; however, if he was to do so, it meant his visits to places like Turtleback would be less frequent. A puzzled expression fell onto his features as he kept his body parallel to the water, his pear-coloured orbs narrowed softly as he stared, unfocused, at his moving paws.

It did not take long for company to reach him – luckily for Nineteen, it was the scent of his nephew that was fast approaching, not an unwanted stranger. Tossing aside his previous disgruntled look, the slender healer slapped on a soft smirk as the young boy approached. It was remarkable how much the Slayer reminded XIX of his late father, Shade… He could not help but hope that the raven-coloured youth would lead his own group of wolves one day… he was a natural born leader, and Lachesis would love to see him thrive in his element.

“Hey tough guy!” The male called out as Karpos approached, closing the distance between them as XIX (reluctantly) pulled away from the edge of the water to greet his nephew. As curious as he was about the rank challenge between him and the one-eyed newcomer, Nineteen bit his tongue – he would let Karpos elaborate if the boy felt compelled to. The important thing was that the Slayer had won and had escaped from injury.

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Karpos - Aug 20, 2015

[dohtml]
i can show you how many moves to check mate

Having grown up in the Fen with his sister, and the general wetness that associated the swamp like territory, the young adult learned to love the water and enjoyed it. He figured his uncle had been the same, though he hadn’t been a pup when he had been in the fen, but rather a yearling instead. Time was flying by before Karpos’ eyes and he wasn’t entirely sure how to handle the changes as they were coming, but the boy… no… the man was managing. It struck him that he could no longer be called a boy by age or physique, which was almost intimidating and made him miss simpler times. He took a deep breath as his uncle turned towards him, a family bond that could never be broken despite them not sharing blood.

Karpos was certain of the many reasons he decided to stop and say ‘hi’ to the familiar ivory form, one of which being a question that he couldn’t wait to ask. “Has Kjors come to see you? After the rank challenge I asked him to visit. He’d injured his leg in another fight, which did offend me slightly that he thought he could still take me.” There was a bit of ramble to the chocolate man’s words as he kept a graceful smile on his maw. He remembered how he had been injured in his fight against Silver, and how if he hadn’t been stubborn and had gone to see his uncle, he probably would not have the scar across his eye that he had now.

He was checking up on Kjors, not trusting the scout. In all honesty, Karpos hadn’t heard of the dragon before he called the challenge and it was that alone that set Karpos on edge. He wanted to share his concerns, though he was concerned that he might just be paranoid. It had happened before, so what if he was wrong about the man? There was a feeling in his gut. Something wicked this way come.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Aug 20, 2015

There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity

RE: weightless - Lachesis - Aug 21, 2015

<3 <3
wasn't sure if you had seen this http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=10132&pid=368057#pid368057
 [dohtml]

His tail wagged slowly as the inky youth approached, his pear-coloured gaze focused on his slender figure as the distance between them closed. Karpos had remained his one constant throughout all the changes in his life. Despite them not being blood-related the bond between the two was remarkably strong. He had been there for the boy since he was nothing but a mere ball of fluff, and had watched him grow into the young adult that stood before him. There, of course, had been a few (minor) challenges on the way – XIX had been certain that he was never going to see the chocolate-eyed boy again after he and Anastasia had left the Fen for a new home. After temporarily ‘misplacing’ – for a few months – his blue-eyed dove after they had decided to search for the Slayer siblings, fate had brought the ghost and his shadow together once more.

As Karpos grew in both size and strength, the resemblance between him and his late father soon became evident. XIX always knew that the boy would follow in his father’s pawsteps. As much as he worried that Karpos would leave him once more, he would not prevent him from doing what he desired most.

A frown creased the ghost’s maw as soon as his nephew began speaking of the newest member of Hearthwood. It was troubling that the newcomer had already attempted a rank challenge… he had not met the stranger yet, but he was already wary of him. Before responding XIX gave a slow shake of his head: “No, I haven’t even had the pleasure of meeting him yet.” The rank challenge had happened recently, so perhaps this Kjors was attempting to mend his injury on his own before seeking his medicinal expertise. “I know he’s particularly fond of Karina – she has been distracted from our lessons and keeps disappearing with him.” He knew that the River princess enjoyed her independence and didn’t always like sharing the medical den; he did not expect her to be glued to his side and be as devoted to the plants as he was. However, it seemed her interest was fading the more time she spent with Kjors, which worried him. Until XIX was sure that there was something serious to worry about, he would not express his feelings with Maksim. She was still young – perhaps healing was not for her after all…

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Karpos - Aug 21, 2015

@Lachesis - I've seen it now :D Luv ya and it <3
[dohtml]
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

Karpos’ life had consisted of a series of low points and the points where he was almost back to normal. He had hit another low, though had found it easier to control it and hide it. He fought to keep it to himself, not wanting to admit that Jynx had left too and it was probably his fault. He drew in a deep breath, forming a sign as he eyed his ivory uncle.

There was a numbing feeling in his paws when Lachesis informed him that Kjors had not gone to visit him to receive medical assistance. There was a slight ruffle in his fur, frustration evident in his eyes with a hint of concern. Lachesis informed him of a fact that he did not know beforehand. Karina. He was hanging around Karina and it only set him further on edge. He liked the now yearling, remembering the times when they used to hang out before he wrapped himself up in his job as a coping mechanism. He would finally speak, the chocolate boy holding hints of his worry in his tone. “Uncle, I don’t trust him at all. He’s brand new but he’s already trying to work his way through the ranks. I’m all for being ambitious but something about it just sets me on edge.”

There was a certain sting as he made his concerns known to his uncle. He was always so clear, knowing friend from foe was a must in his line of work. The issue? He couldn’t figure out if Kjors was a friend or a foe. Perhaps he was just eager to step up and take on more responsibility, trying to set a good example for Karina. However, a nagging feeling in his mind, a prejudice perhaps, told him that it wasn’t that way. “Perhaps I should ask Aunt @Naia what she thinks? I mean, they're both scouts so she might have an opinion. At least, I think he's a scout.” He asked his uncle for advice, biting his lip for a split second as Karpos tried to decide what to do, his chocolate eyes contemplating the situation. There was a hint of hesitation in his voice with an uncertainty as to what Kjors actually did in the pack.

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Lachesis - Aug 24, 2015

you're most welcome <33
 [dohtml]

As soon as Lachesis mentioned that Kjors had neglected to visit him he could sense that his nephew was irritated. It was clear that, aside from the rank challenge, the chocolate boy was not fond of this newcomer. While the healer did not like judging wolves before he actually got a chance to meet them, his intuition about them was usually spot-on. It came from the many months he had spent being a nervous, skittish wreck; he was extremely cautious of strangers – even now, after he overcome the worst of his anxiety. XIX was sometimes irritated by his own stand-offish behaviour, but he preferred to be as cautious as possible. He did not trust others easily, and it would take a long time for this newcomer to gain his trust.

It seemed as though Karpos had been listening in on his thoughts; just as they left XIX’s mind, the chocolate youth expressed his concerns.  He nodded in silent agreement as his lips tightened into a hard line. “I do not trust him either… I feel guilty for judging so quickly without having met him, but something does not feel right. Newcomers should not be so ‘ambitious’ about climbing the ranks so soon…” he responded quickly, his tail flicking in annoyance. “I also worry about how much time he and Karina have been spending together… It doesn’t seem right. She is too trusting; too innocent.” He did not want the one-eyed dragon corrupting his apprentice; she reminded him so much of Anastasia, and was just as naïve and trusting as his blue-eyed dove. Always wanting to see the best in others… as good of a quality as it was, it was also dangerous.

“That’s a good idea. I’m going to have to meet this guy myself… but talk to Naia, see what she thinks. I also want to talk to Karina and figure out what they’ve been doing together,” he added with obvious discomfort in his voice. “I’m glad we’re on the same page though. I wonder if Maksim has noticed anything?” The question was almost rhetorical; he knew that their king was busy most days with his children. XIX dreaded the idea of bothering their leader with their concerns about Kjors… it could just be them, after all. However, if it wasn’t, the River King needed to know. 

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Karpos - Aug 25, 2015

@Lachesis - <3
[dohtml]
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

Karpos shrugged off the comment, still unsure as to whether or not he was being paranoid. He had a history of thinking like he was now in the past and then turning out to screw his entire life up in the process which left him unsure. He liked it at the River and wasn’t sure if he was willing to give him up for the chance he might be right. “I dunno Uncle. How soon is too soon? I feel like it’s just my unreliable instincts acting up again because, I mean, he’s been here two months.” Karpos had only thought about challenging recently, though he would never admit it Lachesis voiced his concerns about how much time he was spending with Karina and about her innocence, and Karpos just frowned.

She did trust fast, he had learned that when he was just a yearling and she was just a sprout, but he thought it might wear off with time. It just proved that he should talk to her again; he was sure to get into trouble or a scuffle or a fight soon enough anywho. He encouraged Karpos to talk to his aunt Naia, which was exactly what he would do after the meeting between them. “I mean, it might just be me, uncle. I’ve only just started considering challenging granted I’ve just become of age by a few months ago.” He realized his words and that his uncle was the next highest so he added fast in case there were any doubts. “I won’t though because I could never challenge you or Maksim. I respect you both too much.” He didn’t want to dismiss his opinions, but he was still unsure themselves.

Lachesis asked if Maksim had noticed anything and Karp just shrugged. “I talked to him about earning my Guardian title and he seemed preoccupied. When I asked him about it, he told me he was bothered about him and that he didn't think he could trust him, and all that on top of Aleksei disappearing. In fact, we talked about it and he wanted me to talk to you and aunt Naia about it before reporting back to him about how you guys felt about him too. He was going to talk to Karina himself and get to the bottom of some of it too.”

[/dohtml]

RE: weightless - Lachesis - Aug 29, 2015

[dohtml]

Even though a young adult stood before him, XIX sometimes had a difficult time grasping that his little nephew was all grown up. The words that spun from his maw no longer reminded the healer of the ball of fluff he had met when first joining Pitch Pine Trail. The Slayer heir and his sister had been the reason why XIX and his blue-eyed dove had been accepted into the pack; if it had not been for Ana, Shade’s children would have died due to their birth mother’s neglect. The slender healer was tremendously proud of who the Slayer child had grown into, even though it was a struggle to accept the growth.

His frown only deepened as Karpos spoke: “Your instincts are not unreliable, Karp. I’ve had the same feeling since the ‘dragon’ has arrived.” The beast needed to be vanquished; it was leaving an uncomfortable haze in Hearthwood, one that needed to cleared as swiftly as possible.

The next set of words from his nephew did not come as a surprise -- a soft smirk temporarily replaced his grimace as Karpos went to defend his words, stating that he would never challenge Lachesis or Maksim. As reassuring as it was, XIX had never felt threatened in the first place. He knew that eventually the boy would be interested in leading his own pack, just as his father had, but Hearthwood was not for him. “You were always meant to be a leader, Karpos, like your father. But you were meant to start a pack from the ground up -- your pack – not claim another as your own. However, if you were to challenge me, just prepare for an ass-whooping,” he joked lightly before diving headfirst back into talk about Kjors.

So Maksim knew… and it seemed as though the leader was also concerned about the dragon who had made a home among them. XIX exhaled hard through his nose, brows narrowed in irritation as he glanced over at the still water. “I can’t judge too harshly as I haven’t come across him yet, but I know something does not feel right. I’m especially uncomfortable with him spending so much time with Karina – as well as the other Baranski children. It doesn’t seem right… almost as if he is trying to use them as leverage… Find Karina, speak with her. She might share more with you because of your age.” XIX hoped that his nephew might get some information out of the sparrow princess. The ghost hardly ever saw his pupil anymore, as she seemed to busy her time with the dragon. It was not right, and he was sure Maksim would not approve either.

“I feel as though I need to meet with Kjors myself to get a full assessment on his character; however, if you see Maksim before I do let him know I do not trust this self-called dragon either – I’m sure your aunt Naia feels the same as well.” XIX did not like judging others before he had gotten a chance to know them, but he got a similar feeling from Kjors as he had from Reaper. Something just was not right.

[/dohtml]