Ruins of Wildwood
Fireweed Rise Chips and Dice - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Fireweed Rise Chips and Dice (/showthread.php?tid=10346)

Pages: 1 2

Chips and Dice - Rico - Aug 24, 2015

ooc: @Avari ; let's make some magic.

[dohtml]

Ears seemed to swing on his head, thoughtful of the conversations that had come to pass. He was going to have to be careful, his words were beginning to get away on him. Rico was not a soul who took chances without there being some sort of benefit, but finding out about that benefit was a difficult thing to discern. As his paws stretched out, he found his tongue rolling against his mouth as he found himself loosening his shoulders.

Someone was out there, someone was not about to be in a state of denial. There was no missing the slap that seemed to come slipping over his features, but the eagerness was singing songing in his head. It was about time he started making his moves, and he found himself sniffing out in the air. It was a need that could not be doubted for a more than a few moments.

Handsome, someone to admire; Rico was beginning to get short tempered with the fact he was still alone. Every moment that could have been most important on the choice of picking a direction was lost, and he found his paws shifting against the rise, almost looping back. As his tail lashed from one side to the other, ears pulled forward; as he found himself unable to squish the impression dancing on his features.

Surely there was some sort of woman he would be able to dance with, change back some spars. It was hard, for Rico's craving was to head back to riddle heights and to explore back against the rocks with Nico - and furthermore, he ached to see Angele again. To find out what she was thinking, whether or not she had forgotten about him. Ah, no need to worry! He was unforgettable... he was certain.

"This is speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Avari - Sep 09, 2015

[dohtml]
What had brought her to this place to begin with? Why was she still, with her slowly ageing legs, still spending so much of her time on the move? She should have been settled, perparing for her final years with some capable young man waiting at her beck and call. Therein was the problem though. No such man existed... yet. It was not an active search by any means, but it was one that she would not object to if the suitable opportunity arose.

Today it had arisen as a scent on the air, one was that was almost familiar to her nose. It was vaguely familiar to @Nico and yet in other ways it was different. Too curious was this anomaly, for a woman like Ava to leave it up to mystery. Her nose lifted and her feet moved, following the air on the uneven surface through thick grass until she would come to find the source of the scent that she had been tracking on the wind.

Her eyes snagged what looked at a distance to be... well... Nico. Had he been rolling around in something rotten, perhaps? Was she smelling the pack? Too many questions left unanswered, and she wasn't in the mood to leave anything in her head unsolved.

"You!" Her voice was deep, demanding as she called through the air at this mysterious scent-changing creature as it stood before her. "Come over here!" With that her paws stopped. Make him do the work. He was the young one after all. What kind of boy made an old woman do all the walking?

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Rico - Sep 09, 2015

[dohtml]

This was supposed to be some sort of test, and thus was why there was no missing the reason that he could keep himself walking. Investigative purposes were always a good reason to be out and about, although he was a little wary of reaching out to strangers. Still, he had not made the choice to force Nico into any sort of pack yet, there was just no clarity on what direction to stray off into.

Such was why he found himself alert as a voice caught his attention, pulling him back to life and his head cocked to the side. It was why there was no missing the semi-interest that seemed to come fleeting into his eyes. There was an eagerness on his tongue to be able to partake in some kind of conversation, even if what he stumbled upon was some sort bonus gift, an older woman who undoubtedly had a world of experience on her tongue. The beckoning though that seemed to push and pull, it was a fascination to him.

As his paws seemed to twist he started toward the other, crossing with the notion that was coming to his mind that he needed to be wary. Someone who was so demanding could also be someone who was troublesome, and such was why he found himself unable to be anything but looking accosted by the woman who was demanding his attention. "At your leisure, my lady." Words were snaked with some little sort of sarcasm, and his lips curled up at the edge.

"Do I know you? You seem to have a strong need to see me, yeah? And I get that I'm handsome," A charming grin, ever the easy going Barreda unless Nico was around and the one who he needed to protect. "I am not so desirable to be called over like some young pup..."

"This is speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Avari - Sep 10, 2015

[dohtml]
Wary eyes were assessing as the other wolf made his turn, twisting towards her and coming forward without so much as a lick of hesitation. She thought it was interesting, considering the last time she had seen this boy he had been nothing more than fearful, scared even of a young pup that had come emerging from the shadows. So she thought at least, until the voice sung in her ears, and it finally clued her in to the fact that this boy and the one she had met before were not one and the same. They damn well looked it though. The conclusion was instant. They had to be twins. Brothers at the least.

How was she going to play this out? Pretend that she knew him? Admit that she knew his brother? Something completely different? A quiet hum rolled in her throat, though she was amused with the sarcasm that rang in his initial tones. Licking once at her lips she rose her head, and like the manipulative creature she was her face turned into the warmest of smiles, and she blinked in quick succession, looking a little shocked if nothing else.

"Good gracious." She sung in quietly spoken and soft tones. "Such good manners. I apologise." Her head bowed slowly, but not so far that she would have let her eyes lose track of him as he neared. "I thought you were someone else. Someone much more rude." Well, that was one way to play things out.

"You look remarkably similar." She would let her words lead the way, keeping things as vague as she could manage. Make him ask questions or draw his own conclusions. So few people ever left it to their own imaginations. They wanted to know the details. The stories.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Sep 10, 2015

A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity

RE: Chips and Dice - Rico - Sep 10, 2015

[dohtml]

The wolf before him was womanly, but she was otherwise relatively mundane with her appearance and her demeanor. A hierarchy wolf who was accustomed to being on the top of her tree, a Queen of sorts when there was always that snarky little reminder in his head that he should have otherwise been polite. Such was why his short legs were brought to him, but there was no missing the subtle attention that was becoming riveted.

Such was supposed to be an easy way of emotional distress, the woman was attempting to be well mannered but there was a sharpness to her. Orange eyes seemed to narrow for a few long moments, and the thickness on his tongue was a sweeter surprise. Perhaps this morose situation would have benefited him in other ways, but his tail did half raise as he came up face to face within a few feet of her.

"You're in luck," Charming voice was not endlessly warm, but his head bobbed lightly. "I am superior in every way to what you could imagine, woman." As his wolfish smile seemed to come trickling over his features, being generous on the matter was the pink tongue within his mouth flicked out, ushering something of a yawn on his mind.

"So clear that frown off your face," Although it suits you better, "And allow yourself to bask in the moments of loner on loner action, for you smell nothing like a pack more than I do." Not that he was particularly in a state of mind of action that she would have still been able to participate in. Not all wolves could be so... old and nimble, after all.

"This is speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Avari - Sep 11, 2015

[dohtml]
Fascination with the boy was a given. What stark contrast between the other male she had met, who spent his time stuttering and fearful from the moment she had made her presence known. This boy was clearly the more capable of the two, which had her wondering how far away the other brother was. Surely the fearful, stuttering Nico couldn't stray that far from the brother she presumed that he was dependent on.

Humming curiously she stared, eyes laying intently on the arrogant mask that stood before her. The confidence was as thick on his face as it was in his words, and her tail lashed with amusement. She had a suspicion that her facade had already been read, but she wondered how far she could make the boy play along with her intention. Given the way that Nico had behaved, she wasn't all that interested in Rico, but still, the opportunity to cause chaos presented itself. She couldn't help but want to grab the bull by its horns. Perhaps by luck things would turn out just swimmingly.

"Very well." The woman muttered, rolling back to sit back on the ground with a rather blank look on her face. Removing the frown per-se, but not turning it upside down. "Mr. Superior. Amaze me with your incredible loner skills, then." What was she asking, anyway? It didn't make much sense, but it gave him an opportunity to put on some kind of... display. What did this one have, that his brother didn't?

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Rico - Sep 11, 2015

[dohtml]

Rico was a soul who had been blessed with a charm and a grace, but he found himself watching the woman as she processed. She was like ice, there was not much more that could be said about that. She was a queen in her own head, and not much more could be expanded from that point, but instead of humoring her words that were dismissive of him and his actions, he remained poised there. Taking in what could have only otherwise been denoted as something as a risk factor to his health.

Such was why he was almost ready to bite; there was that sort of temptation to find another who was walking this sort of life and urge his body back to life. Rico was irrational when it came to fighting, but it was what in particular he enjoyed. Becoming a train that would go bulldozing forward was exactly the sort of reaction he wanted to be favored for. While he was tiny in comparison to some wolves, he could flourish effortlessly with others.

"I just did," Words were still with that thick sarcasm, his eyes seeming to glimmer as the orange shine to his eyes outdated him for being something of an attractive push. His tail swished as he arrogantly reclined in the presence of the other, the stiff look to his body going away. It was a melt that came out of him, actually making his tail smack the ground as he gave her the most brilliant of wolfish grins.

"Not only have I effortlessly sidestepped your baiting words, but I've also managed to intrigue you. That's two strikes that most would be consumed alive for trying in most parts." Winningly, he managed to allow himself with something that should have been called snarky upon his face; but for the Barreda, it was a relatively predictable face that did not give too much away. Such was why his head dipped, and he found himself unable to help his instinctive pounce for engagement.

"You'll have a name, will you share it with me? I feel it's rude to jab at a woman too long without at least humoring her with a proper address, first." What was wrong with him? Was he losing his social skills? There was becoming more and more reason for him to speak with @Nico about finding a new home. It was just a matter on finding what might have been best for his goals.

"This is speech."

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Avari - Sep 15, 2015

[dohtml]
There was too much that could have been said about the boy as he spoke like he owned the very world beneath his feet. It was the kind of attitude that, perhaps in her younger days, might have led he into playing a game of cat and mouse with the male. Ah - those days were well and truly over for her by this point. Her focus was not on making friends, but rather vanquishing her enemies. There was only one remaining that she knew about. She would have to find him before she could slay his sorry behind however.

His announcement and explanation brought a hearty laugh, head tossing back to bark at the air before she shook her head in utter disbelief that he would thing for a second he had won her over with something so helplessly menial. "Oh child. You've a lot to learn about impressing women it seems."

Who had he met in the past that had been blown away by such trivial little things. He had sidestepped nothing, she had simply become to bored to push the issue. The things she could have taught him if only she thought he'd have had the mind to listen! No, she suspected that he already thought he was above the point of being wowed by her outstanding array of talents.

"You want to know my name, mister Nico Jr?" Her grin was unbreakable, but her tail lashed with a hum in her throat as she considered what could possibly go wrong in the long run. He'd just hear her name from his brother, anyway, surely. Wouldn't that make it more fun to feed him some kind of a lie?

"My name is Ava. Have you not already heard of me?" Batting her eyes and cocking her head, looking honestly and openly curious. Surely she had scared his brother to the point that they might have shared information about her if they had met since that point. Perhaps this young one was flying blind. She would teach him... maybe... about what it meant to engage in harmless little games with her.

[/dohtml]

RE: Chips and Dice - Rico - Sep 17, 2015

[dohtml]

It was a consideration to be met that he was going to have to play with the fire that was dancing before him very carefully, thus there was no missing the sharpness to his orange gaze. Arrogance was not a true Achilles' heel for Rico, but it was certainly one of those things that hampered him dearly. It was why there was only so much that could be said, and the baiting words that came ringing on the air was not to be missed.

Head cocked faintly, and there was no missing the consideration that was playing on the mind of the other. Move from him, move from her. As he found himself blinking, he found himself being called out by the name of his brother; it caused another grin to blossom across his features almost effortlessly. "Not quite," The man corrected with ease, not bothering to elaborate on the issue.

Her own introduction was enough to leave him something of a blank face, but already he could guess what happened. A wolf like this? She would have eaten @Nico alive, and thus it was going to have to be something he would consider as a threat to his brother's well being. For someone who had not been brought up, it was a risky move for him to do anything other than take it blunt and truthful: "I'm sorry, anyone you've met must have decided you're utterly unimportant, for I've not heard a word."

Blinking owlishly, without shame, he managed to shrug his shoulders with a casual exhale; "Not to worry, you're undoubtedly very important in your mind... if you're still of age to be able to recall your own self."

"This is speech."

[/dohtml]