Ruins of Wildwood
Iridescent Lagoon you are my sunshine - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+---- Thread: Iridescent Lagoon you are my sunshine (/showthread.php?tid=10844)

Pages: 1 2

you are my sunshine - Kjell - Oct 18, 2015

For @Bishop!  Playtime.  <3

[dohtml]

Getting old, Kjell decide with a grunt, was something he never wanted to do.  The very first hints of age nipped at his joints and his spine, sore after countless days of travel alongside his companion.  There was a time as a pup that he thought his own mother ridiculous for complaining of any of these aches, and while he’d never think to actually voice any of his misgivings, the swarthy male could understand that perhaps some of her gripes all those years ago.  Of course, his weren’t nearly as bad – how could they be?  He was fit, and he was still young, just a bit tired after miles upon miles of travel.

Huffing softly, he threw a glance over his shoulder to see how his partner was fairing.  Two years younger, and Bishop had so many few kilometers under her belt.  If he could help it, the wyvern would avoid putting such wear on such a pretty thing, though time would tell how far they’d move.  The forest itself seemed alright, now that they arrived, and he could smell the tang of fresh water not too far off.  Half a length in front of his companion, the timber wolf veered on his course again, silently guiding her towards the lagoon.  When they reached its banks, the male leaned down for a drink, sating his thirst before he finally rocked back and addressed the woman traveling alongside him.

“Naw so bad, here,”
the wolf decided, scenting the air thoughtfully.  “Fresh water.  Gotta be somethin’ t’ eat where there’s water.  We can find a nice place t’ bed down, and we’ll be all set, yeah?  Whaddya think, Bishy?”

[/dohtml]

RE: you are my sunshine - Bishop - Oct 19, 2015

"What ever you say, Shelly," she said, moving up along side the large man in a way that seemed vaguely snake like. He had her wrapped around his paws, at any rate. Hungrily the dusty female stared into face of everything she ever wanted, believing it was all there. How long has it been since someone had asked for her opinion on a matter. Everything about this was so much different than the last time she had come to Relic Lore, when she had just been "along for the ride" like some silly burr in her brother's coat. Now she had her hands on the steering wheel and this thrilling creature in the passenger seat. And it didn't seem so bad to let go and let him drive.

She felt alive.

"This is a safe place," she breathed as she turned to survey the land beyond the lake. "Last I was here no one really claimed land this far south. No one will bother us," an eager smile spread across her face. It felt so good to have this useful knowledge, this welcome knowledge. Her heart beat faster. 

Had she been human there would have been a hand on a hip, "My brother should be up north. By the marsh." Her expression soured slightly. A sigh fell from her mouth as her eyes fell down to the water. Kjell knew how she felt about this whole thing. "You know.... we could just... not find him..."

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Oct 19, 2015

There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity

RE: you are my sunshine - Kjell - Oct 19, 2015

[dohtml]

Bishop’s arrival at his side was met with a bump of shoulders, the man flashing his companion a sideways grin.  His ears were perked forward as he studied the younger wolf, his sunset gaze slowly shifting from one beautiful sight to another.  The lake seemed clean, seemed wonderful from here, and instinctual knowledge told him any bedding near a reliable water source was a wise decision.  They could hunt once they’d found a proper place to call home, and the woman’s memory was already proving to be a more useful tool than anything else they had.  His tail swung from side to side, thinking awkwardly against the Lyall’s side as he bobbed his head.  “Good,” he hummed, tail continuing to lash about. “Got no business with ‘nyone else, ‘nyways.”

Perhaps they’d change their minds when the wintertime arrived, but for now, he was content with this.  The mention of @Rook was met with a roll of golden eyes and a derisive snort. “Got half a mind an’ a mouthful a’ words fer th’ guy, y’know,” he grunted, raising one, wolfy brow at his friend’s sheepish expression.  Still, they’d only just arrived in the forests, and now was not the time to approach brothers.  Bishop was one of many, after all, and while Kjell’s curiosity dictated he find these others, especially the one that cast her off, he was not interesting forcing the topic.  Not yet.

Turning his attention back to the area, he leaned over with a nudge.  One brow wiggled at @Bishop.  “C’mon.  Le’s find a den, huh?  Make it nice.  Warm.  Ain’t gonna be long before th’ snows come, you know?  All the better to cuddle in~”

[/dohtml]

RE: you are my sunshine - Bishop - Oct 25, 2015

I lol'd at your ~ at the end xD
@Craw tag cause of mention of Trisden

Her smile brightened when he stated that he had no business with any one else. He was hers. Okay maybe not all hers, completely hers... or actually hers at all. They were just friends. They were casual. This was half Kjell's idea and half hers. Or maybe 75 percent hers — she knew not her heart. More than anything she was afraid to fuck this up, to let Kjell know just how much she liked him. It was probably obvious — especially to anyone who actually knew Bishop— but she thought she was hiding it pretty well. She withheld most of the things on her mind an she never touched him if he hadn't touched her first. And if he walked away, she just waited for him to come back. This was about as much disinterest as she could pretend. They hadn't spoken of exactly what they were, but it was clear that there were no "labels." As much as @Trisden might ask, they were just friends. 

But it wasn't really true, what Kjell said. Because he did have business with someone. He almost had more business with her brother than Bishop herself did, waxing and waning in her confidence to confront him. Really she might not even come out on this adventure had Kjell not put her up to it. She tethered herself to his confidence, his hedonism. It had not lead him astray, and she hoped it would be the same for her. But in this moment, her own confidence was low. "What if he doesn't listen though? It might just be... a bit waste of time."

The mention of cuddles made her start, her white brows rising comically. The invitation, though not uncommon, always seemed to catch her by surprise. Her tail beat the air behind her with a large amount of restraint. She did not dare show every ounce of enthusiasm. Determined, she 'casually' turned her face away towards the lake as she spoke to him, "Wh-where do you think we should start? There's probably a badger set...somewhere nearby that we could make use of. "

RE: you are my sunshine - Kjell - Oct 25, 2015

[dohtml]

“Pah! Since when y’know me t’ let someone ignore me, huh?” Kjell rumbled back just as easily, disregarding the possibility that her brother might take his words and throw them out. Words were just words, after all, pretty things for pretty wolves – they could make a lady feel like a treasure or cut a man down to size, but they couldn’t cripple, and they wouldn’t kill. If this Rook wouldn’t listen to what he had to say and take to heart the harm he’d caused his twin, the dragon had no quarrel with taking to tooth and claw – in fact, he almost relished the opportunity, feeling physical punishment a much better learning tool. That he might be outmatched never even crossed his mind.

And besides, what lady didn’t like the notion of a man fighting in the name of her honor? Were she a maiden at the Grand Tourney, he’d wear her sash proudly about his arm, all bright teeth and wicked eyes as he smashed his way through the joust until her brother, too, could be unhorsed and left in the mud like the rest of the plebs who dared challenge him, who attempted to tarnish Bishop’s good name. It would be to @Bishop he would return with his hard won prize, placed on the fair lady’s lap before he went galloping off again.

A fine fantasy, truly – but this brother would have to be found first.

There were more important things to tend to, first. A nest, right, a nest. Following the Lyall’s gaze out towards the lake, he gave a thoughtful hum. Less work suited him just fine. “Badger sett, yeah. Good idea,” the dragon rumbled, reaching forward to nose the female’s shoulder before he turned about, not interested in staying too close to the water’s edge. “I like badgers,” Kjell continued, sniffing at the ground as he walked, searching for any scent that might lead them to a den. “Grumpy. Tough. Badgery!” he laughed, amused by his own word as his tail wagged once. “C’mon. Might have t’ dig it out, lil’. We’re bigger than a pair a’ badgers. What d’ya call a group a’ badgers?”

[/dohtml]

1. I love Bishop, what a doll. 2. I love your thread avatar! SO CUTE. 3. Why isn't Bishy a lone wolf...? 4. Remember that one time Kjell was a total dork? Yeah....

RE: you are my sunshine - Bishop - Nov 12, 2015

What Kjell was implying was true. He had a presence much larger than his average size, somehow. The less savory characters and groups they had encountered, Kjell had puffed himself up and he had definitely never been ignored. It was an impressive sight to behold. The swooning sensation that befell her heart was another thing she could not ignore. But her stomach was queasy with the thought of Kjell treating her brother the same way he had treated those wolves unrelated to her. Yeah, she was mad at Rook, and yeah she wanted him to listen to her, and yeah she wanted him to feel bad. But... yet... She forced a nervous bubble of laughter and a strained smile. "Yeah."

Her smile was deepened, though, by his encouragement. No one but Kjell seemed to think that she had good ideas. Her burly companion continued on about the things he liked about the white and black beasts and she had to laugh. Kjell. Only he could find amusement in the annoying, curmudgeony bastards. He was so brave. Her laughter was just a little louder than it ought to have been. She wanted to ensure that he knew just how funny she thought he was.

"Uhh...Idunno..." Was this a joke? A Riddle? Bishop was a little to literal for such things. She was turning away from the water now, ready to be off.

RE: you are my sunshine - Kjell - Nov 12, 2015

[dohtml]

Kjell sighed heavily, rolling his eyes as his friend quickly dismissed his attempt at a joke. “A group of badgers…” he mumbled to himself, unaware if there was actually a term for a conglomerate of those furry, grumpy critters. That the word was cete was far, far beyond the simple wolf, and he trudged behind the female begrudgingly. She was ready to be off, and that left little room for argument, lest he actually put up a big stink. The dragon simply didn’t have the energy for that, and he fell into line.

Well, he fell into line until he picked up an interesting scent. Without a word, the male zipped sideways with his nose towards the ground. He’d found the familiar musk he was looking for, his tail spinning behind him as he dodged trees and bounced over logs.

A few minutes later, he poked his head up. “@Bishop!” the male hollered, his tail wagging behind him furiously. “Found one!”

Without waiting for her appearance or approval, the swarthy wolf began to dig, relishing the feel of cold dirt beneath his nails as he sunk into the earth, seeking to widen the living chambers a badger had once carved out for itself. Come see what I did!

[/dohtml]

RE: you are my sunshine - Bishop - Dec 03, 2015

She snorted dubiously at the anticlimactic punch line. Somewhere deep inside her she felt a small twinge, feeling somehow like she knew what the right answer was. Way back when she and her brother used to play in the Reach and her dad's memories had not been so faded. He had taught them all sorts of things about their world, like the names for trees and plants, the names for animals... "Didja know a group of crows is a murder?" With all her might she forced the corners of her lips up towards her eyes, looking convincingly jocular. But inside she felt herself mourning the trivia her father and brother had laughed the night away trading back and forth. @Rook particularly had enjoyed that one, being named after the dark birds. It felt almost inappropriate to speak it now, though. 

While she had been musing fitfully over her poor attempt at matching her friend's humor, it appeared that Kjell had been busy. And successful. Eagerly she bounded toward him, shoving thoughts of the Lyalls away from her. Kjell was already waist deep in a hole, his dark rump waving in the air with his effort. 

Giggling lightly, Bishop moved closer trying not to make any noise. Hoping to liven up her mood and their night, she rose to her hind legs and with her forepaws extended she gave Kjell a neat, forceful little shove.

RE: you are my sunshine - Kjell - Dec 15, 2015

[dohtml]

“Hah!”

That one was much better, Kjell thought to himself – a murder of crows. He’d have to remember that the next time he needed to make a joke. As it were, he settled into his task with vigor, eager to prove that he was quite capable to provide a home for himself and Bishop both. Halfway into the earth, he couldn’t quite hear his friend over the thunder of his paws digging through the ground. The female caught him well by surprise, the wolf startling forward as paws planted themselves across his rump.

Into the hole the dragon prince fell, feet scrambling underneath him before he was able to pop his head out. Dirt fell from his crown and his ears as he shook his pelt out, bouncing forward to run his body into the female. “Naughty,” he scolded her, tail swinging behind him with no real venom. “Have a look, see? It’s a good place.”

Of course it was – he’d found it! Found it and dug it out for the pair of them. The quarters might have been a wee bit tight, but he had no issue being pressed up against Bishop’s side. With no packmates anywhere nearby to spread clishmaclver about them, he couldn’t see the problem. “This’ll be it. This is where we can stay.”

[/dohtml]