Ruins of Wildwood
Cedarwood Forest the promise - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Cedarwood Forest the promise (/showthread.php?tid=1103)

Pages: 1 2

the promise - Volkan - Jun 08, 2011

Cloudy — Current Temperature: 63° F/17° C

As she picked her way carefully through a forest of tall trees and admired the greenery around her, her spirits were high. Relic Lore was slowly becoming Volkan's home. The rugged she-wolf had met enough faces, both friendly and not so friendly, to know that the wolves here were... something else, far more interesting than the hard-headed Aquila warriors amongst whom she'd grown up. And recently, nothing intrigued her like wandering and discovering new places. The new sights and smells and colors– not to mention wolves– gave her a certain high that she'd never felt before. For once, she was just traveling, seeing the sights... not running from anything.

A scent hit her nose: water. A drink would be awesome, she mused, and so the abnormally plucky she-wolf waltzed through the wood, her nose leading her to a small pool. The scenery here was pristine, tranquil; the soft gurgle of a creek and the afternoon songs of birds in the hours before rain soothed her. Feathery tail resting contentedly at her paws, she approached the edge of the water. Her reflection was the same, though touched with a hint of something happy that she didn't quite recognize– had she ever seen herself smile like this?

Her attention flickered quickly from her ripply countenance to the small fish lingering in the water. She'd catch one in a few moments. Right now, she settled down to her haunches, deeply inhaling the earthy air and letting her eyes slip shut. Ahhh. Nothing, not even an intruder on her present serenity, could ruin a moment like this... but unfortunately for Volkan, she probably wasn't the only wolf exploring these parts in search of some peace and quiet.

the promise - Triell - Jun 12, 2011

[dohtml]
    when i look at the stars i feel like myself

Partially cloudy, or partially sunny... He decided to go with the partially cloudy thought. Things were cooler when the white puffs decided to hinder the full blown blast of sunshine, which was perfectly fine with him. If that made him sound like a pessimist, it wasn't his problem. One word, let a lone a sentence could be tossed in so many ways. What was said, and heard were often two different things. He doubted he'd voice such opinion out loud. Was't like he was talking to much folk these days. Marsh flat out didn't talk, not with sound. Indru, and Cori well they had plenty to keep them busy now. He often wondered how his parents had had so many litters, and what if they had ever had more than three puppies at once. He made a small mental note to ask Indru how big a litter of puppies could be. Something else he didn't know, and was rather curious about.

This pup stuff was new to him, hell he'd been one of those little guys a year ago. The world was an open book of it's own questions. Sometimes that really bothered him, that despite his age he didn't know things. On the look, he was glad he didn't know it all nor saw how it'd be possible. What fun would that really be? Large paws lifted with purpose along the cool ground, and he smirked recalling the Trona berries. If they were named something else he still would call them that like he'd discovered something. Of coarse he wouldn't forget Adonia's part, and wondered perhaps how she was liking Swift River.
He didn't really want to fret about it. She liked it or she didn't. He kept repeating to himself, any way.

Leathery nostrils twitched, this new forest reminding him of a scent of a white wolf he'd met. He was slightly disappointed, as he wanted to find something, name it for a change. Best he could he shrugged his shoulders, and trotted along. He hadn't been to this place, and it couldn't all be pack territory. Straight away he was set to wander this unknown land. He gazed upon the tall, mighty trees, and paused to listen to a few charming birds. The lad grew hot the further he walked, and the trickle of water teased his dry throat.

Cautiously he stalked to the noise, keeping eyes wide, sometimes glimpsing to the tiny dancing of leaves just in case. He hadn't caught scent of a border, but to him that didn't mean he wouldn't run into unfriendly company. Funny thing when he caught to the small pool he saw a familiar face, asleep. A coy grin, he immediately could not let her lie there. He skipped forward, and plunged into the pool making a huge splash of cold water.

[/dohtml]

the promise - Volkan - Jun 16, 2011

Sorry for the wait! -headpats Triell- :]
[dohtml]
[/dohtml]
No sooner than she'd drifted off, something wet and cool splashed her eyes, forcing them to fly open and Volkan to spring to her feet suddenly. Water dripped down her face and she blinked it away, shaking her head, growling instinctively. "WOAH what the—"

—And then she saw a familiar face in the water, and her onyx features softened a little. It was... Triell, the male from the hunt. Instantly she felt embarrassed and stared at him, her icy eyes wide. She couldn't believe it! Again, he'd caught her off guard. Twice in a row. He must think I'm so stupid, the yearling mused inwardly, grinning at him even through her frustration.

"What is it with you and startling me?" She laughed, shaking her head, this time shaking away her embarrassment with it. The dark male's playful personality tickled her, and she cocked her head mock-indignantly. But this didn't last long.

Without another thought about it, Volkan leapt into the water, hurtling forward— she aimed to hit the water as close to Triell as possible. Payback time!

the promise - Triell - Jun 23, 2011

it's okay, sorry for making you wait as well.
[dohtml]

Satisfied chuckle rang from his open jaws. He had certainly hit his target, and his now wet, black banner waved to and fro with glee. Her growls were little to bother him, and he watched her face go from what the to, recognizing who the prankster was. Which really only made him laugh harder, especially because she managed to grin back. He was glad to see she wasn't go to take his playfulness the wrong way.

Wide shoulders shrugged at her inquiry, and his ears cupped forward with a curious interest. "Beats me, I didn't think wolves were so jumpy," he said, his tone evident with tease, a dare in his topaz colored eyes. Before he really could much try splash her again in an instant her ash stroked figure was coming toward him, and hit the water coating him with the cold.

"Rurrff," he managed to bark at the shock of it went down his dry spine. The chill hit his very bones, and instinctively he shook his pelt. Pink tongue lapped a few droplets from his lips, and he grinned. He was drenched, and he wanted to make sure she gained the same experience. Rearing up for a brief second, he let out a high bark, and than landed as forcefully as he could near her.

[/dohtml]

the promise - Volkan - Jun 26, 2011

"Beats me, I didn't think wolves were so jumpy," Triell teased– but Volk was already in flight. The splash of cool water sent shivers down her spine, and as she shook water out of her face, her pale eyes fell on the dark male doing the same. She didn't resist the laugh that came to her naturally. Instantly riled up, she growled back to echo him, somehow still completely unprepared for Triell's retaliation.

When he reared up, Volkan shrunk back, trying in vain to shield herself from the incoming splash that she knew was eminent. But of course he got her right in the face again, and shaking water from her coat for nearly the third time, she reared up to match his movement, but didn't splash him; instead, she jumped directly at him, hoping to playfully ram into him at the shoulder. Having grown up in such a militaristic pack, playing was frequent and almost always mimicked fighting. Of course, it was all in fun– "Ha!" she exclaimed through a laugh, glad to finally be able to play with someone her own age...

the promise - Triell - Jun 30, 2011

[dohtml]

She tried to block the spray of water, but ultimately it made contact with her face again. He snickered, a sleek grin on his black muzzle. This was fun he had not had in a long time, and he was clearly enjoying himself. Chest puffed, he prepared himself, or so he thought, for another coating of water from her. He was anything, but ready for her next move. Eyes watched yet his body was frozen as she took up on hind legs, and pounced. She hit her mark at his shoulder, and caught unaware he stumbled back a few steps by the driving force. Surprise written all over his face, he tried to regain his composure with his own laugh, but all he managed was a haw. Rapidly the end of his banner gave a sudden twitch, his brows narrowed against his topaz eyes, and he gritted his teeth. Before he could think much about his move, he was propelling himself forward, toward her.

He thought first to bump back into her, but his mouth drew open ready to make a soft grab for skin if she stayed in reach. He had never play fought with a female since he had grown, and was unsure if he would make contact at all with her smokey coat. She could be much quicker than he, and his usual sparring partners.

[/dohtml]

the promise - Volkan - Jul 06, 2011

Boo. Late post is late. :[
[doHTML]
[/doHTML]
Boom! She made contact. The soft fur and hard bone of his shoulder meant she'd hit her target, and just as quickly as he hit him, Volkan leaped back again, putting herself at a short distance. Just for a moment, she let her icy eyes fall on his expression— but she detected only an attitude that matched her own, playful and energetic. There was no use trying to play or spar with someone who'd just end up trying to stonewall her, but to her delight, it seemed that Triell was going to make a worthy adversary—

Before she could quit staring at him, his large frame was rapidly advancing toward her, his face twisted in desperation. Immediately she braced herself, facing the split second decision: to evade or to stay put. Her body seemed to make it for her, and she ducked down, almost underwater, before launching herself to her right in an attempt to evade his attack. Luckily Volkan was a handy escapist; what she lacked in pure brawniness she made up for in agility, despite being somewhat tall and lanky for a wolf raised as a warrior. A shameless laugh erupted from the female as she attempted to evade him.

the promise - Triell - Jul 11, 2011

[dohtml]

Perhaps it was his age, or maybe it really was apart of his personality to skylark, and enjoy the game. He had been ready to meet his target, but she swiftly moved out of his reach like a graceful butterfly he could never catch. Upon his snout a single wrinkle appeared out of his loss. It smoothed quick, and the corner of his lips twitched with a coy grin hearing quite clearly her laugh of victory. She certainly proved to be a challenge, and Triell could not resist further trying to catch her. The problem was he didn't want to look like a complete idiot dancing around, unable, or at least the whole time.

Brows set against his bright gaze, and he let tipped his nose up in a playful manner, sounding out a woof. If she was going to play keep away, he supposed he might as well see how well she could skip away a second time. He stood a few seconds eyeballing her, taking a glance to the water, trying to throw her off his next move. He took a single step, his black tail waving once behind him. Than he once again zoomed forward trying to catch the ebony girl.

[/dohtml]

the promise - Volkan - Jul 11, 2011

In the few seconds in which he stood still, Volkan was regaining her stance; in landing from her last maneuver, she'd caught her paw on a rock and tripped. Hoping he wouldn't notice, she quickly faced Triell, but no sooner than she touted her victory in evading him with a "Nice try! Ha—" he was flying toward her again. This time, more unprepared, the female jumped backward, but the chest-high depth of the clear water where she was standing prevented her from leaving the ground much, and so she braced herself in the split second before he made contact.

Triell hitting her felt like a ton of bricks; Volkan wasn't used to this sort of impact anymore, being out of practice in sparring for so long. But he didn't hurt her; instead, the onyx wolf chortled, giddy that he'd caught her. It meant he was on her level, and that maybe she could even have a sparring partner in Relic Lore! Also... for some reason, Volkan wanted Triell's body to come in contact with hers. It had been so long since she'd played with someone like this, and the physical sensation of being run into brought her back to days when she was too small to know that playing was actually just practice for something much more dangerous. And then, all too suddenly, she'd been forced to grow up. Being an adult was... hard, there was little magic left in it anymore.

But in this moment, Volkan realized, she felt excitement like she hadn't in what felt like forever. After traveling and everything that had happened with her pack and Rhysis... had she finally found a friend who could give her a couple minutes of her childhood back?

Volkan reared up on her hind legs to try and push Triell away, but it was half-hearted, as a certain serenity had taken over her fiery urge to tackle him for the time being. Instead, she grinned impishly, cocking her head, soaked tail swishing at the water's surface behind her. "You're not bad, Triell," she remarked, blinking away the water that dripped down her face.

the promise - Triell - Jul 16, 2011

hope this isn't horrible or powerplayed. trying to picture all this and get it in writing X)

[dohtml]

He saw her ungraceful step if only for a second, as he propelled himself

forward to her surprise. She tried to make a second escape, but the deep

water was on his side; she could not canter away this time. Body impacted

her lighter frame, and briefly his muscles tensed in a tight knot, afraid to

hurt her. It was too late, he couldn't pull back, and only tried not to crush

her. But what was this he was hearing? She was laughing? Rolling his

shoulder, he lifted his snout and nudged whatever part of her was near.

He was soon met with her rearing up into, and against his chest trying to

shove him away. A laugh was coaxed from his throat, and he leaned

further her way with more weight to test the barrier. Quickly as he did this

he sheepishly grinned, and pulled himself away to give her her space. She

was wet enough, and he didn't want to submerge her. Of coarse he didn't

miss a chance to shake his wet coat once more after he returned to a more stable stance.

His bright eyes focused to her pale blues, noting her expression. He could do nothing but smirk back at her. Though her words had his smirk shorten just a hair, almost something unnoticeable, so he thought, quickly snorting out of humor.

"You ain't bad yourself. I don't think anyone would tolerate getting so wet from the likes of me." He said, noting the drops falling from her ash coat where his eyes lingered for a few seconds before checking the surrounding wood. He was rather wet himself, he could feel his ink toned mane matted down, but it felt rather good on the hot summer day. "What were you doing napping here any way?" He asked, a brow raised trying to resist nudging her once more, though feeling rather playful all the same.

[/dohtml]