Ruins of Wildwood
Spectral Woods Oak Tree Bend - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+---- Thread: Spectral Woods Oak Tree Bend (/showthread.php?tid=11168)

Pages: 1 2

Oak Tree Bend - Cosette - Nov 29, 2015

Cosette had been walking for days tracking the sent of a wolf pack. She snift the air once again only this time there was a new sent. A rabbit. She stood still listening and smelling for the rabbit. She followed the sent to a clearing where the rabbit was eating some clover. Crouching down she silently crept into a bush close to the rabbit. She was down wind, so it wouldn't smell her. Using her small size she moved under the branches without making a sound. Once she was close enough she pounced on the rabbit. Biting on to its neck she held on till it was dead. She lay'd down and ate her meal.

Once she finished her meal she licked herself clean. standing up she snift the air once again for the sent of the wolf pack. Once she had the sent she continued tracking. soon she came across a stream. after taking a drink she notice the sun was setting. It was only then that she realized how tired she was. She sat down at the edge of the stream and watched the sun set. Once it had set she curled up in a ball and went to sleep with the hopes that tomorrow she would be closer to finding the wolf pack.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Naira - Nov 29, 2015

The tawny wolf shuffled about the borders, her heavy set frame making short work of any foliage that dared to get in her way. With the shortening days and frequent snowfalls, there were no longer many plants to be found. With the failing vegetation came the inevitable migration of the herds and she couldn't help but feel entirely unprepared for this winter. With a snort and a shake of her head, still unable to ease the ringing in her right ear, she folded it against her skull and tipped her left ear forward, her head canting so that her good ear faced forwards. It left her totally exposed to attack from behind but behind her was where she had come from. Behind her was her pack. It was a measured risk she was willing to take.

There had been something familiar in the scent around the clearing where Anneliese had fallen and yet she couldn't quite dig up the memory that went with it. Surely whatever beast she had taken on was intimidating in its own right. Why hadn't she called for backup? But the wolf of gold and silver was pulled from her musings when a more identifiable scent crossed her nose. She growled a low warning, encouraging the loner to get up and state her purpose for being here. She wasn't the leader of this pack but you wouldn't know if from the puff of her chest or the way her tail arched over her back.

She wouldn't waste @Spieden's precious time if she didn't have to. She was too familiar with how precious it was.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Cosette - Nov 29, 2015

Cosette's head snapped up. She found her self face to face with another wolf. snifing the air she realized the wolf was from the pack she had been tracking. She felt fear grip her hart as she realized this could be the alpha. She wanted to be as polite as possible. since to her the wolf didn't look like it wanted anything to do her. she slowly she stood up but crept low to the ground, making her already small form looked even smaller. She stared at her paws trying to stop them from shaking. She quickly search her mind for what she was suppose to do. She had never met another wolf pack. She decided to introduce herself and explain why she was here.

Swallowing back her fear she spoke. "My name is Cosette. I've came here in hopes of joining your pack." She thought for a moment about what she was good at before adding. "I'm excellent at tracking and I'm very quick. I have great hearing and eye site." She continued to looked at her paws trying to be as still as she could while waiting for the wolf to respond.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Naira - Nov 30, 2015

The child at least had the sense to cower before her, it was a start. Her tail levelled with her spine and a brow arched at the mumble of words that were obscured by the ringing in her right ear. She didn't much care for names when the barer was clearly so young, and a mumbler to boot. She snorted dismissively as the girl said something about a stick, (quick) and how good her herding (hearing) was and something about the height of eyes... Was this child high? "I suppose you are built like a chaser aren't you?" she remarked casually, eyeing the girl over.

She had children the same age as this one and while her hearing might be failing on her, her eyesight was just fine. "What skills do you have? Do you hunt or do you think yourself to be more of a scout? Are you familiar with plants?" it was a lot of words for the aging woman to speak and all was done in a tone that conveyed she was used to being answered. Her leading days might have been over, but old habits died hard.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Cosette - Nov 30, 2015

Cosette's body tensed even more as the wolf eyed her. She looked at the wolf as it spoke. She was a little confused. The wolf seemed almost like it was angry at her but she didn't know what she was doing wrong. She wished she know what she was supposed to do.

She thought for a few moments about the wolfs questions. She thought about what she was good at. "I'm excellent at tracking."She answered. Then she thought about her hunting. She was great at tracking pry but when it came to the kill she wasn't very good. She looked back at the ground. "I'm good at tracking pry but not when it comes to killing." She then thought about be like a scout. She was fast and could run for long periods of time. Looking back at the wolf she said. "I might not be very big or strong, but what I lack in strength I make up for in speed, stamina and I'm very agile." She said. She then wondered about plants. She didn't really know everything about plants. "I don't know much about plants actually." She wasn't sure what else to say so she waited for the wolf.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Naira - Nov 30, 2015

Far from being the soft and cuddly sort, Naira answered the girls mumblings with a non-committal "Hurumph!" she had forgotten just how young wolves were all talk. She'd seen it all before of course and only time would tell if this one had the mettle to stay and make good on her promises or if she would fade into oblivion like all the rest. "I suppose we might make something of you yet but that isn't my call to make." she spoke as though the whole process was one that exhausted her. "Did you bring something for the leaders? A gift perhaps? Something to show your skills?" there was a hint of judgement in her tone, although her eyes were dancing with silent laughter.

Once upon a time, she and Rhysis would have sent recruits off on some small quest to prove their worth, but she was almost certain that wouldn't be how things were done in the Bend. "Of course you didn't, you're quite new to this aren't you?" there was a hint of softness in her tone, an unspoken never mind that. As she tipped her head back to howl for @Spieden or @Drestig. A newcomer. her message sang, and she didn't even bring a gift... was tacked onto the end, a tease in her tone to let the leaders know that perhaps she was giving the young wolf a bit of a hard time, out here, alone.

All they could do now was wait.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Spieden - Dec 01, 2015

Tucked in the elbow of a thick oak root near the den, Spieden had settled down for the evening. She worried away at a well-chewed deer antler, watching sunset's golden tones slowly inch across the forest, giving way to the night's inky dark shadows. Her ears perked, concentration on her chewing project broken as a distant howl drifted towards her. The voice was familiar, Naira flickering through her thoughts as she placed voice to name. She could just barely make out what the older woman was calling for. Someone was here? Spieden snorted irritably, she had just gotten comfortable but she couldn't let them wait.

Stiffly Spieden rose from her place, stout limbs stretching to work out the kinks before loping towards the border as quickly as her hefty form could manage. She did little to mask her approach, paws crunching over the accumulating layer of snow as her nose directed her towards Naira and the stranger. On the defensive, she slowed, coming to a stop beside Naira with her dark swishing tail arched high over her back. 

"Thanks for keeping an eye out, didn't know somebody was lurking around out here," Spieden grumbled, pink tongue flicking out to smooth over one side of her lips as she glanced towards Naira. She really didn't like the thought of lone wolves getting so close to her home without her notice. Spieden's focus shifted, her bright amber gaze fixed intently on the small grey female before them.

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Dec 01, 2015

There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Cosette - Dec 01, 2015

Cosette was even more scared. All these wolves were much larger then she was. She looked at the new wolf. 'This must be the alpha' she thought. She lowered herself even closer to the ground making her seem tiny compared to the other wolves. She hoped the new wolf would not be as mad at her as the other had seemed.

She thought for a moment about what she should say. She decided to tell the new wolf what she had told the other. She looked at her paws and swallowed back her fear as she spoke. "My name is Cosette. I've come here in the hopes of joining your pack."

She thought for a moment about what she had said to the other wolf. "I'm excellent at tracking pry and other things but not when it comes to the kill." She thought a few moments. Trying to remember if she had said anything else and if so what. Then she remembered. she looked at the new wolf. "I might not seem like much or be very big or strong, but what I lack in strength I make up for in speed, stamina and I'm very agile." With that she waited.

RE: Oak Tree Bend - Naira - Dec 02, 2015

It hadn't taken long at all for the dark leader to join them. She was grateful to see @Spieden's form, finding the woman far more her kind than Drestig. Her ears turned back and her head and tail lowered just enough to be respectful while still maintaining her dominance over the yearling. She swung her muzzle towards Spieden's jaw in a gesture of solidarity but didn't go so far as to touch her. While she felt they might possess a propinquity given half a chance, this was hardly the time or place to test that theory.

Her words were lost but the sentiment was not, a wave of her tail conveying her own thanks for the swift 'backup'. "Seems harmless enough, not much to look at for now and she does go on, but she's young yet." she passed on her observations quietly as the girl gave her spiel yet again. Of course she could vanish like so many others, wind up dismembered or gored by some savage beast, but if they thought in terms like that they may as well scatter to the winds before winter truly set in and destroyed them all.

It wasn't her call to make, but the way she saw it, if the girl proved to be useless down the track, together they would be more than enough to drive her out.