Ruins of Wildwood
Oak Tree Bend Icy Dip - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: Oak Tree Bend Icy Dip (/showthread.php?tid=11188)

Pages: 1 2

Icy Dip - Leotie - Dec 01, 2015

@Triell

[dohtml]

Snow had started to fall more frequently it seemed to Leotie which made her ever more grateful she had joined the pack when she did. After her first few weeks she’d spent it exploring and getting used to her new home she thought that it was time that she started to earn her keep after all she had made a promise when she had asked permission to join and she wasn’t one that would break her promises without good reason. Especially when she now had a home and things were looking better for her so she had decided that she was going to go out and try to catch something to the packs caches. Since she knew the pack lands a little better she wasn’t so worried about traveling away from the den like she had after getting lost that first time.

So when she left the den that morning with a light snow falling around her she had made up her mind that she wasn’t coming back to the den without some form of addition to the cache. Most of her morning was spent searching the forest for some prey but by afternoon she was starting to get discouraged that was also about the time that she came to the stream that ran through the packs lands. She’d been there multiple times throughout the time she had spent with the pack but she didn’t remember seeing anything in the water like she did on that particular day. Long thin looking animals at least she thought they were animals since it did look like they had eyes.

Leotie observed them for a little while as they seemed to be swimming against the stream and the longer she watched them the more curious she became about them having never seen anything like them before. Finally she tired of watching them and thought that it was time to find out if they were something she could eat. At first she tried pawing at the water to see if that would bring them closer to her but all she managed was to splash water all over herself and the bank she was standing on. Deciding a different approach was needed she tried to lean over the water and tried to grab them in her jaws. That turned out to be a big mistake as she fell fully into the stream with a loud splash.

[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Triell - Dec 15, 2015

Sorry for the wait. Busy month.
[dohtml]
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

Why he didn't carry the official title of leader it did not prevent him from checking the edges of the territory. Habits die hard, and this one would likely only end when old age settled in his bones. Since setting things right, and his former break it felt nice to get back into a familiar rhythm. Somehow the simple patterns of his life seemed to hold the rest of him together.

With more than half of the boundaries checked, he felt the need for a thorough drink. Snow was appealing, it didn't quite satisfy. As a wolf would need water, Triell could not avoid the stream. He could certainly, pick a different part of it to quench his first.

With that in mind, he hummed softly to himself, a bounce to his step, his dark banner swaying in tune as he traveled toward water. For a change things seemed okay, even if it was faintly snowing.

The creek's voice greeted his ears, he turned about where he wanted to be when he caught the sound of something large falling into the creek itself. Odd. Worried it may have been Drift or Sahalie, he urgently went to the bank, eyes scanning. It was neither white nor black. No the figure  was black and tan. "Leotie!" What on earth was she doing?

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Dec 15, 2015

There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health

RE: Icy Dip - Leotie - Dec 16, 2015

No worries, I completely understand. I was worried you might not have gotten the tag.

[dohtml]

The desire that she felt to help the pack that had taken her in even though it was winter and they probably didn’t need another mouth to feed was so strong that she was doing something that might be considered very stupid. She hadn’t ever seen the things that were in the water but she had to try to catch the, they did smell like food after all. Unfortunately after her decision to figure out about the things in the water it all went bad for there and soon she found herself covered in the water and it dripping from her fur.

The sound of a familiar voice startled her, she did not want to be found in this embarrassing situation but it was too late for that even as she tried to scramble back up onto the shore. She had been caught and as her name left his maw she stopped what she was doing fur still dripping with water and she was sure she looked a mess. “Oh, Um, Hi Triell,” she said the embarrassment she felt clear in her tone. “What brings you out here to witness my catastrophe?” She asked trying to sound casual and not think of how ridiculous she must look.

[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Triell - Jan 15, 2016

[dohtml]

Bemused, he cocked his head slightly. He didn't understand why she didn't finish climbing out. Surely, it wasn't that great standing there all dripping wet. Despite the coat of a wolf, a dip like that was cold. Had he scared her that bad? Dark mask softened, he took a step closer. It became obvious she hated being seen like this, but he couldn't exactly time travel backwards, and ignore what he had heard. "Not exactly," he flashed a smile, "I just worried when I heard that plop." It was far from gracious, or did much use in helping her recover, but it was the best words he managed to find. "You okay?" He wanted to ask what she had been doing, if it was on purpose, but felt those inquiries would only worsen the situation. Whether she told him or not was up to her. Rather it was truth or not, in a moment like this it wasn't something he would hold against her.

There was something different about her. He wasn't sure what exactly. Maybe, it was simply her upbeat nature. He hadn't seen much negativity in her. She was quite willing to help, and even now she wasn't grumbling. Which considering the circumstances, the Bend, the pack of black and gray clouds was intriguing. "I was going to check to see if there might be a herd a sheep about this year. Want to come with?"

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Leotie - Jan 19, 2016

[dohtml]

The water had already seeped through her fur and was certainly cold as it reached her skin. Leotie hadn’t ever been in such a situation and at first it didn’t seem so bad , at least not until Triell had shown up. She didn’t mind failing at first time endeavors, she had kind of figured out that was the way it worked. Still that didn’t mean that she wanted to have witnesses to her failures especially when she was trying to prove herself worthy of being a part of the pack. She offered him and embarrassed smile at his words, “I appreciate your concern and I assure you I am quite alright just a slightly bruised ego,” she told him sheepishly as she rose from the water and made her way to join him on the bank.

Once she reached the bank she gave her coat a shake to remove as much water as she could and was very thankful for the fact that she had a rather thick coat. Triell mentioned looking for a heard of sheep which caused a smile to cross her face. “I would like that very much and perhaps we’ll have a little more success this time,” she said. Though she hadn’t ever seen a sheep she thought that this would be a good time as any and give her a chance to get to know her pack mate better. “You lead the way?”

[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Triell - Feb 05, 2016

[dohtml]

"Ah, I know that too well. But, what were you trying to do in there?" Now, he could not help but ask. He wondered if he could be of some help. He figured the tawny lady had been swimming or fishing, but wondered if there was a third option he hadn't thought of. He didn't think her foolish, but she did seem a bit inexperienced. Or maybe she had just been unlucky enough to fall in. It wouldn't be the first time he met a wolf who lacked familiarity with water, frozen or not.

His bright gaze fell on her as she tried to rid her pelt of water. She was still a bit damp, and while the smile she gave him seemed genuine enough he wondered if she rather not go. A dark brow raised, and he murmured,"Long as you're not cold?" A front paw tentatively held up he debated to lead on. It wasn't like he was on a recent trail of prey, nor was it necessary to go right now.

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Leotie - Mar 03, 2016

[dohtml]

Triell’s admission that he knew the feeling of a bruised ego made her feel a little better but he seemed rather curious about how she’d ended up in the water. A sheepish look crossed her face, “Well I was trying to catch a one of those things in the water to bring back to the pack and as you can see it didn’t go exactly to plan,” she explained. She wasn’t sure what they were called since she hadn’t seen them until now but she was sure it was something that she and the pack could eat so did the name really matter as long as it would help them through the winter, every little bit counted. However, Leotie did feel a little foolish that she didn’t know the name of it in front of Triell.

The offer to go look for sheep was one the Leotie quickly accepted, she would be able to find out what they were hopefully and she would learn more about tracking. That was of course if the dark male would be willing to teach her. There was also the small problem that he may not know how new to all of this she actually was. “Cold? Maybe a little but nothing that a good tracking session can’t sure. Besides it will give me the chance to dry off.” Not only that she wanted to help and finding the sheep she felt was a lot more help than trying and failing to catch one of the things in the water.

[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Triell - Mar 16, 2016

@Leotie you're welcome to have her find something she thinks could be it to get it started further.
[dohtml]

A dark brow quirked, bemused. "Oh you were trying to fish?" He spoke aloud for both their sake. "If you want to get really good at it you should ask Jessie to teach you. She's one of the best." Triell wasn't a half bad fisher, it would be good for Jessie to take part in something like that. But, he did find it odd she wouldn't know the term. But, he really didn't know a lot about her, and felt maybe there was such a place where fish were foreign. He just hadn't heard of it. "If you don't mind me asking, where is it you're from Leotie?" Curious as he was, and how appealing of a tale it appeared she could hold the Tainn just had to try for answer. Though the gentleman he was, he kept it as a polite inquiry she could decline. Being young he had wondered why she had left her home, and now felt like an appropriate time to try to find out.

There it was again. That spirit that wouldn't be crushed, and his tail swayed behind him. "Right you are," he agreed, taking the lead away from the river, and toward the red hills at a brisk trot. Eyes cast up, and over, looking for a clue they had been down here recently. Despite the mud about there wasn't an evident sign. "Hmm, some where round here," he murmured, lowering his snout, and taking in details his other senses could not. Without proof he began to pad to the other side, assuming she was doing the same.

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

RE: Icy Dip - Leotie - Mar 23, 2016

[dohtml]

Triell had put a name to what she had been trying to do for her, ”Yes, of course that was exactly what I was doing,” she said a smile crossing her face. Now Leotie knew that what she had been trying to do was fishing and that those things in the water were fish, or at least she assumed they were. He even had a suggestion for her to become better at it, “I will have to ask her to give me some tips to better my technique,” she commented. Leotie had yet to formerly meet Jessie but asking her for some fishing lessons would also help to get to know the female better. Then the question she always had trouble answering due to the fact she wasn’t sure how much to really tell came up. It was because of that she hesitated a moment, “It seems so far away now but it was a place where there were humans and things called houses that you lived inside of like dens,” she explained watching his features for any sign of what he might be thinking. Leotie always worried that the wolves she met might think badly of her, like she wasn’t capable of making it because of where she came from.

Leotie was eager to look for the sheep, it was something else that she could learn and then she would be able to help the pack more with the knowledge that he might pass on during the course of tracking them. A smile once again crossed her maw when he told her she was right. “We should get going then. We wouldn’t want them to get too far,” she said with a quick nod. Leotie fell in behind him as he led the way to where she hoped they might find the sheep. As they made their way through the forest she watched him to see what he was doing so that she would know what to do too. When he started to search one side of the trail she did the same on the opposite side. Using her nose she searched but the only scent she found was that of mud she used her eyes to search the ground and foliage for some sign they might have come through. After searching for a few moments she thought that she might have found something in a few broken branches on a shrub, “Triell,” she called, “I think they might have gone through here.”

[/dohtml]