Ruins of Wildwood
Drooping Willows The difference between quitting and survival - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+---- Thread: Drooping Willows The difference between quitting and survival (/showthread.php?tid=11816)

Pages: 1 2

The difference between quitting and survival - Morganna - Mar 18, 2016

For @Hecate. I'm putting this before either of them smells preggers. Lets see how we go xD Morg may have a proposition. :x

Her Nicolo problem seemingly under control for now (no doubt there was still work to be done but all in good time, her attention had been divided between what to do about her aunt and Skoll's little predicament. She owed it to @Elettra to uphold the law, but ever a schemer perhaps she could turn this to her advantage.

Taking it as devine intervention when the pale woman's scent crossed her path, and still high on the frustration of her heat cycle finally making itself scarce, she trotted after the trail with tail held high and head even higher.

Her problem lay not with the woman herself, nor with her relationship with @Skoll but in the fact she seemingly lacked ambition (or perhaps the drive to achieve her goals). Their interactions had been limited in all the chaos that had been whipped up in Nicolo's wake. Her members were disgruntled, as was she. Perhaps this could work out in her brothers favour yet...

Seeing a flash of white up ahead she stopped in her tracks. A thoroughly cross expression painted plainly on her face. "Hecate!" she barked, more command than greeting. They needed to talk.

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Hecate - Mar 19, 2016

Hecate Liar

The past week had been eventful. She met with Skoll daily, sweet greetings and soft whispers exchanged. But she valued her independence and though she cared for him dearly, she missed the days where she could go out and explore in silence. Sensing she was not alone in her epiphany, she would stay alone today. @Sven could be described as topic discussion, the young man crossing her thoughts daily. She was dreading the day it would start to show. Sven wasn't an idiot, he would know all too soon why his precious friend was acting differently. Whatever. She was adamant about pushing everything under the rug.

Hecate rose early to find an empty space beside her. Taking this advantage, she left for the outer rims of the border. Old news of passerby loners tracks and traces covered the tail. Nothing had really happened in her short absence. She had been secluded for a while, even before @Skoll and @Nicolo's happenings. She attended meetings and such, but had stayed fairly quiet in her personal life. It was no surprise when somebody finally came for her. The stark voice almost startled her, but she caught on quickly to who was addressing her with such curtness. Before laying her eyes on the voice's keeper, she returned the call. "Ah, Morganna." She tried to sound smooth, even if there were pricks traveling down her spine and legs.

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Morganna - Mar 20, 2016

When the white wolf turned, Morganna smiled a grim smile, the gesture far from reaching her eyes. If looks could kill. Her tail rested level with her spine, her head between her shoulders. If this was to go down hill she was more interested in keeping her balance and protecting her vitals than flaunting her rank when they both knew exactly where they stood. "I know." Two simple words offered with a flash of teeth and a lash of her tail. Oh how she wished to run the other woman down, just like his last one and offer @Skoll a memento so that he might never forget, but @Hecate's scent was still her own. 

A small blessing that was.

Morganna heaved a sigh, her eyes narrowing as she watched the wolf before her, weighing up her options. Yet another lowly ranked wench, the equivalent of knocking up the help. Oh would he ever learn? "Why should I let yer stay?" It was just one more problem she didn't need, one mouth turning to two, or three, or old gods forbid four. The woman was a threat to her position, things were shaky enough. What had she done for Morganna besides potentially foist another headache upon her. What did she have to offer that nobody else could provide?

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Hecate - Mar 21, 2016

I DON;T KNOW WHAT SHJES DOING
Hecate Liar

Hecate wasn't going to let herself crumble under this young alpha. But she wasn't an idiot either. Her tail rested and at her hocks, posture relaxed and eyes holding everything but malice. Morganna on the other hand, looked like she was ready to tussle; which was responded with a few flicks of her tail and a raised brow.

So the cat was out of the bag. It was wise for @Skoll to address his sister early, before Hecate began to produce a different aroma. "Figured he'd ah told ya." She confirmed evenly. Even there was no known danger, she was becoming increasingly aware of her abdomen and its vulnerability. There was no doubt that Morganna thought lowly of her. It didn't necessarily bother Hecate, she knew her power would be on the rise after spring took care of itself. "Ya shouldn't." Easy now, she didn't want to go setting off alarms. The woman went into detail about what she was really saying. "It's yer job, an' I ain't gonna ask yer t' make exceptions." She was hoping this would set the conversation in a logical tone. "I understand if I've got ter go, but he will come with me." He was the father and she had expectations that were crucial to meet. "If you'll accept me, I'll return after she is born." Hecate was extending her limbs, she couldn't be sure Skoll was to follow her and she wasn't sure the child was to be a female. But, it posed a lower threat to Morganna as an alpha. Also, if she returned later on, it wouldn't be considered a fault in her power.

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Morganna - Mar 21, 2016

An open scoff left her lips as @Hecate suggested that @Skoll would leave too. Currently he was perfectly placed to challenge their uncle, to take back everything he had given up. But if he did? If he chose this woman over her? Well then clearly he wouldn't be suited to the job. Morganna had enough pieces in play that perhaps the rogue knight was expendable, the mantle could fall to @Craw or @Renier. Either would be an acceptable replacement, possibly even better suited to the role in the eyes of @Elettra, and her mothers opinion would always rank high on her list of considerations.

She was calling Hecate's bluff.

Morganna had considered encouraging the woman to challenge up to an acceptable rank, past @Enoki and her problematic Aunt @Adele (only problematic through her closeness to @Nicolò, but a threat none the less). It shouldn't pose any threat to life she may be carrying for at least a few weeks yet (even if it did there was no down side for her - it would solve two problems at once), but it seemed the woman was resigned to her fate. "I won't risk my own fer yours." She wasn't going to dance around the issue. If she left there would be no coming back. For either of them.

Perhaps her brother was too much of a liability after all.

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Hecate - Mar 21, 2016

Hecate Liar

She could see the gears turning in Morganna's head. Hecate was brainstorming ideas, this was the most respectful one she could think of. She was not amused with this woman's lack of contribution. Hecate raised her brows and waited for an answer, and when she got one; it was most unsatisfactory. She let out a hefty sigh, chewing the bottom of her lip while she waited for the words to arrange themselves in her mind. "Logical. I'm open ter suggestions if yer have any in mind." She settled on this because she wanted to know what Morganna thought was an acceptable trade. She should know by now that the white woman had backbone and a whole display of skills to provide if she was with her brother. Didn't Morganna know she wasn't the only one that knew how to play the game? Times were a changing and she needed a reliable ally; especially if that happened to be her brothers sweetheart.

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Morganna - Mar 21, 2016

Open to suggestions? hadn't she made herself clear? There was as yet no clear sign that @Hecate was even holding life and so, for now she was safe. "Until its apparent one way or th' other, I suggest yer work on provin' yer worth ter everyone else. Challenge up an mother might not take th' news so hard." Of course she was full of shit, as soon as a whiff of changing scent crossed hers (or @Elettra's path) Hecate's fate would be sealed. But she wouldn't let on to her devious plans just yet. Not while she could still be of some use to the master plan.

Just like the perhaps she dangled in front of @Skoll, she would make no promises to any but herself. This woman might think highly of herself, but after the whole Piety affair there was very little chance anyone would ever think highly of a woman that attached herself to Morganna's brother and behaved in such a wanton fashion. It might have been a case of pot and kettle, but while ever Morganna retained leadership, it was her right, and her responsibilty to ensure the future of the pack. In who's best interest had Hecate acted upon? Her own.

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Mar 21, 2016

A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Hecate - Mar 25, 2016

Hecate Liar

Eyeing Morganna thoughtfully, she processed her suggestion. It would be wise to prove her name. But under such a situation, time would be gaining on her. Hecate and Elettra were on fair terms already, and she had been a proactive roll in the Ridge. Unlike @Skoll's previous fling with the dove. At least Hecate had a whiff of character and backbone. After chewing her lip for some time in immersive thought, she spoke up again. "In the time bein' provided, you'll 'ave results... I've gotta tell em' first." She needed to negotiate a few things with her spouse, he would be moving up as well. Only a space behind, he could claim their safety. But, she would pull her own weight; a term rare and strong. "You'll see about me Morganna, I ain't that frail thing he tossed around before." She leveled eyes with her lead female but keeping her tail quietly at her ankles. It wasn't a threat or an intimidation phrase, more of a promise. She hadn't seen a lot from Morganna, but that wasn't to say she should be underestimated. Unless she had anything else to say, Hecate deemed this conversation shut; she got the message loud and clear.

RE: The difference between quitting and survival - Morganna - Mar 30, 2016

One more from you and we can claim lp :)

Morganna listened to @Hecate speak, a sharp smile answered her comment about the frail thing he tossed around before. If memory served her right, it had been she who had done the tossing (and tearing). But if @Skoll had failed to share that tid-bit with his current lover then so be it (all the better for her). Of corse she had no intention of letting Hecate stay if she was indeed pregnant. Skoll's child or not, she would not let there be another Isolde, and especially not in the event it might be one of her own. "Good luck." was all she would offer in response, turning to head back towards the den where she hoped @Elettra and @Angier might be resting. She needed to warn her mother and seek her counsel before the final decision was made. 

-morg exit-