Ruins of Wildwood
Nightingale Palisade maybe lost is the new found - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Nightingale Palisade maybe lost is the new found (/showthread.php?tid=12508)

Pages: 1 2

maybe lost is the new found - Renier - Jun 21, 2016

[Dohtml]
RE:Renier, you become lost in a thick pre-dawn fog. 

Takes place June 10th, all welcome.
There is some language in here.

Renier Lyall
don't worry about me the heart is suppose to bleed

He just kept moving with no thoughts of going back. Already humiliated for reasons he didn't expect anyone to understand, he had made his choice. He wanted nothing to do with that place, with any of them. The battle had long been over before it had begun. But, that's what he got for having hope, for thinking. While he wasn't replaying it in his head, it would surely leave its mark, he was recalling their fight before. Her indifference, her want to go, and how much time she had spent with Craw. Funny how Craw was the one thing he had thought he had been sure about. Why she liked the man, and he did a great deal for her Ren didn't expect them to be mates, even leading as a pair. He didn't expect him to be father to her children. He had been so put off when she'd been in heat. Ren, you're just so fucking stupid.

Why cursing himself was the tune in his head that matched his fervent gait, he was starting to not give a shit. Anger, and pain slipped to something worse. An empty void. He had nothing, just like before. Only now he saw it.

That blank slate that had looked so good was before him. Why it was more of a black board smeared with white from being erased so many times it would work. He just had to keep himself together. Figure out where he would start over. Not in this hell.

Darkness for company, he entertained the thoughts of returning to the Ridge to simple carry on helping Angier and Elettra. Seeing about Sven, and Niles and Ravenna. Thoughts of them made his stomach drop. He saw no reason why they should welcome him with open arms, and he doubted he could stand the idea of being there any more. Still...he ought to do something.

Letting out a loose breath, he brought his focus to the forest before him. At least he had a vague idea where he was, what he was looking for to get back to the southern region. As he closed in on the ravine there was a thick cloak of fog that began to creep in on him. For God's sake, he already felt smothered, and this? Again, he was all about moving forward, and with caution preceded deeper into the woods,  hoping when the sun rose it would bring its light that he wouldn't find the ravine too soon.

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Drestig - Jun 21, 2016

Who has too many threads? Not me xP

[dohtml]

Hopeful. That was the one word that described Drestig Avalon best at this time in his life. After so much grief and struggle, he found himself at the start of a new life, the one he'd always wanted. Of course that didn't mean he was completely at peace, in fact he was often very far from it most of the time. Jessie had given birth, they had a beautiful daughter. But she still needed a proper home, a pack to shelter her as she grew up. And they were close, so close to founding that home; Soon..! There were challenges yet to overcome, among them the ever present need for food. They still lagged the strength in numbers to put up a proper hunting team, and while they'd been managing, every moment counted. Which brought the dark man in his current position, in the forests before the crack of dawn. Every chance had to be grabbed, and hunting at night was just that. Though he hadn't exactly been successful. A few trails had proved to be dead ends, and now the day was fast approaching, and the older wolf was exhausted; Home it is!

So he turned around, starting his trek back through the foggy woods, still alert for any possibilities that may arise, though mostly focused on the warm den that awaited him; And its inhabitants. As daylight crept closer, changing blackened blues to paler grays, the scent of a stranger nearby none the less piqued his interest. It wasn't exactly the social time of day, especially considering he'd been up for the better part of the previous day; Beggars can't be choosers..! So he swerved, narrowing his eyes to glimpse a silhouette through the morning fog, a cautious, but not unwelcoming, woof leaving his throat to greet the other; Let's see who else is up at this hour…

Word count: 310

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Renier - Jun 21, 2016

[Dohtml]

Renier Lyall

Bit by bit he made his way through the fog, a bit relieved the sun was starting to creep out. He was no closer to where he wanted to be. Though hell if he knew what that was exactly. Still the Lyall had expected a lot of hours of alone time. Both something he wanted, and despised. He was surprised when he first caught scent of the stranger. Imediately, his body became rigid, hair bristling on his neck. Golden eyes searched they landed on the dark figure who suddenly woofed to him. The woof didn't seem certain, but there was a friendliness to it some how.

Forcing his tense muscles to relax, he turned, taking his time to head in the man's direction. This would be easier if he had said something, but Ren would have to dig up his manners. "Lost?" He queried, pulling a halt out of the stranger's reach. He had never met this guy, black with hints of gray likely from age. Still he had a pair of fiery eyes that were far from dull. "Or don't tell me I'm close to intruding?" Cause that would not surprise him the least.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Jun 21, 2016

There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Kjell - Jun 21, 2016

[dohtml]

Voices were on the horizon, in tones and shades he did not recognize.  So too did scents mingle upon the breeze, but they were dampened by thick fog, alerting Kjell only to the presence of wolves, and not to their identities.  It was left to his eyes and ears to determine this, and with the single-minded curiosity of a dragon prince, the wolf swiveled his course, plunging further into the darkness.  

Fortunately, it was not too thickly wooded, and the swarthy loner was able to pick his way across the earth until two shapes became visible.  He continued his approach, not sated simply with proof of their existence.  It was upon closer inspection that he realized he recognized one of them, and then, finally, did the lone wolf draw to a halt, ears cupped forward as he stared into the swirls of fog.  To press on, or not?  He did not here Drestig’s voice, but he was almost certain that was the identity of the dark wolf – and the other, who was he?

Before he could change his mind, he pressed forward again, halting once a few lengths away from Drestig and stranger both.  “Free ground, far as I know.  Pack scent ain’t here.”

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Drestig - Jun 21, 2016

[dohtml]

The strange silhouette -  more grey than any other color in the diffuse, early light – seemed to stiffen for a moment, halting Drestig's advance while he waited to see the reaction to his greeting. It was too be expected that anyone might be grumpy this time of day, but it seemed the other was quick to loosen back up, coming straight towards him. A midnight ear twitched at the one word question, an edge to it that the elder man couldn't quite define. The stranger came to a holt, a respectful distance away, following up his first question with a second, this time with the sharpness much more clearly defined. Drestig hardly missed a beat, in fact his muzzle quickly twisted in a trademark, crooked smile, brows rising as he looked levelly at his new acquaintance. They were of similar statures, though the other man was paler, looking to be a tawny mix in the increasing light, his shoulders a bit broader than Drestig's, and eyes leaning more towards the yellow. He looked well off, no trademark signs of the loner: protruding bones, shaggy fur; And he also carried the scents of several other wolves, though none of them were familiar. Safe to say the dark man's interest was sparked.

Before he could part his lips to answer though another's approach stole his attention away, ears flicking backwards at the faint noise. His head swiveled to follow, ember gaze landing at the newcomer just as he stopped, a dark shadow in the creeping fog. It took a little before Drestig recognized the bloke, but the clear golden eyes on a dark face did strike him as familiar, and once the scent hit his nose, he nodded slightly; Kjell… Seeming to have recognized him as well, the brown wolf moved in closer, greeting them both with a self assured comment. Drestig wrinkled his nose slightly, then shrugged, they were right, there were no borders nearby; Yet..!

His eyes turned to the paler chap, seizing him up a second time. Really he was the joker in this little company, alone for now, but with possible backup lurking nearby. Flicking his tail lightly, Drestig addressed the tawny boy, voice light despite his reservations; "He's right, no intrusion. I was just out for a walk and thought it rude not to introduce myself. Drestig Avalon, pleasure." He glanced sideways at the dark chap, considering whether or not to remark on their previous affiliation, but left it up to him. Then his eyes returned to the stranger, waiting for a response.

Word count: 426

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Renier - Jun 22, 2016

[Dohtml]

Renier Lyall

The stranger gave him a wry smile, but Ren saw no reason for it but to assure him. Maybe, that's why he wasn't sure he liked it. Younger than him he was, but not a child. He guessed after all that happened, he kinda felt like he did have lost idiot written on his face, and this man could see it.

Was he letting out some kind of beacon now? I'm all alone and so lost without you? One wolf became two, and he found that just a little odd. Eyes met similar gold, and thankfully he had a brown coat with hints of cream. And this one the Lyall could actually pick up his scent because the wind was in his favor. He smelled of nothing but these lands. Good. Like the other he detected no malice. Just a statement to ease his mind. Ren wanted to say well no shit I got that now. But snapping at his new comrades wouldn't help him. He was just defensive, tired.

Coiling in a breath of the chill air, his eyes shifted from the brown to the black. "I hadn't caught wind of any, but you know some get in a frenzy if your even in the vicinity of those borders, and I haven't traveled here much." He explained for his own benefit. Renier wasn't a complete dumb ass or least he would like to think when it came to borders he wasn't. "Nice to meet you Drestig. I'm glad the first wolf I've met out here doesn't want to eat my face. I'm Renier Lyall." While he noticed the look Drestig gave the other,  he didn't think they were connected. Right now they were all just three lone wolves. 

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Kjell - Jun 27, 2016

[dohtml]

Kjell was not blind to the wrinkle of the oldest male’s nose, but paid little heed to the matter.  If it was worth saying, then Drestig would say it – otherwise leave the restless to their thoughts.  He’d not worry about it until it became an action.  So he instead turned golden eyes onto the stranger, skin crinkling around his eyes as the man slowly made his position known. 

Lyall.  Lyall.

He should know that name, he reckoned.  Eyes shifted to the side as he racked his mind, and then it came to him.  Jayse.  The pale woman he met while scouting out around the lagoon, and--  Bishop’s mother.  His smile faltered as he thought back on his companion.  So this one was, by some manner, related to Bishop, and Jayse, and that meant Rook too, and the dragon prince wasn’t sure how he felt about any of that.

“‘m Kjell.  Kjell Sørenson,”
he introduced himself, inclining his head.  “But up this way myself a while now.  Handful of packs, but not right here.”  He shifted his weight, shrugging one shoulder.  The burning question refused to be swallowed.  “Lyall, huh?  Isn’t most your clan lurking ‘round the south?  Ran into a few of ‘em before I came this way after the winter.”

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Drestig - Jul 02, 2016

[dohtml]

Kjell did not seem inclined to dwell on their past meeting, and Drestig mentally shrugged; It had not been a particularly noteworthy interaction, so there really was no reason to give it any attention. Instead they played an even field as the introductions went around, three lone wolves who'd happened across one another in the morning fog. The younger man, seemingly feeling a need to defend his question, gave a, slightly pointy, explanation, probably mostly directed at the bistre chap and his snarky comment. Drestig simply nodded along, crooked grin still curling his lips; Oh this is bound to be interesting..! Then came the introduction, and the silvered man gave a jovial grin, tipping his muzzle; "Not really my style." The assurance was given in a laid-back tone, gaze travelling briefly over Renier's face before turning to Kjell, as the dragon too gave his name.

A swarthy ear flicked at the statement about packs in the area, a small crease forming between graying brows. The closest pack he knew of was Hearthwood River, which was some distance still, but it was hard to gauge exactly what up here meant, he certainly hadn't noticed the dark brute sniffing around his fields; Which still aren't pack… He reminded himself, though it send a pang through his pride, that still left the question of what others Kjell might have come in contact with, but before he could ask, the dragon had a query of his own. Ember eyes turned back to the younger wolf, expression neutral while he looked for reaction on the tawny face. He hadn't noted the name initially, but now he did a double take, wrinkling his brow as a bell rang somewhere deep in his memory; Lyall..? He'd heard that name before, but was it in relation to the south like Kjell was suggesting?

He nearly dismissed the thoughts, thinking it was simply a short encounter from his scouting days and nothing more substantial, when he remembered; Arlette! His eyes lit up at the memory of the young woman, one of his first friends in Oak Tree Bend, who sadly had left not long after they got acquainted. Again he looked over the cream and russet male, searching for resemblance, but unsure if he was simply making it up. So he added his own question to Kjell's; "You're related to Arlette? Arlette Tainn!"

Word count: 394

"Speech" Thoughts

[/dohtml]

RE: maybe lost is the new found - Renier - Jul 08, 2016

[Dohtml]

Renier Lyall

So far he didn't mind either one. Drestig seemed a bit more on the bright side, easily joking, and wearing a grin. Attention drifted to the other man,there seemed to be something to the the brown face, but Ren could not decipher what that slight change meant. @Kjell was a complete stranger to him. No part of the name ringing a bell. He shuffled it away for the time being. Though he found it interesting he had been up here awhile on his own. That could be useful, but he wondered what about pack life he didn't like. Or why Drestig wasn't part of one either. But he didn't have it in him to ask. The question would probably come back to him. So Ren bobbed his head at the information.

The dragon wasn't done speaking. It was his name that had brought that subtle change, and by Kjell's use of words he wondered if he should be offended. Maybe, he should just start to using Ren or Dyami in the future. There was a short laugh. "My brother revived my parents pack down there." His distaste was evident in that single word. It was probably best he hadn't been there recently, he probably would have felt more like shit. If that was possible. "My mother may still be there, but I have plenty of siblings who lurk on their own accord." As fond as he was of most of them, he had given up seeking them out. They each had lives of their own. He didn't exactly feel the need to pry who from the earth toned man.

Golden eyes drifted to @Drestig, and was a bemused by his sudden elated expression. Then came the blurted question the black wolf could not seem to contain. The rogue's own brows came together. "She's my elder sister." He didn't feel a need to say his parents had taken her in, and all that. She had always been his sister, even if they hadn't spent a lot of time together. He had come to know she had a mate, and most likely a family. Thoe memories only made him feel inadequate. Right now his whole life was a fucking joke. "You've met her?" He queried, a little curious now. "I feel a bit rude not knowing your family trees," he mused, joking evident in his tone as he shifted his gaze from Drestig to Kjell.

[/dohtml]