Ruins of Wildwood
Oak Tree Bend I need another story - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: Oak Tree Bend I need another story (/showthread.php?tid=12732)

Pages: 1 2

I need another story - Triell - Aug 09, 2016

@Reiko @Treyah <3 let me know if I need to change something. I figure this is relatively present day? If anyone wants to join go for it.
[dohtml]
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

Triell was not quite better, but he could get around with a mild limp these days. Still the Tainn did not go far. He did not even come close to the borders. He tended to stay close to the main den, looking after the cubs. Taking them on walks, like to the great tree, and the creek to splash and play. Or telling them of the adventures of the fire eyed boy, his brothers, and a certain green eyed ruler. There was a lot of safety talks, as he tried to explain things they should avoid, like skunks, and badgers. Painting pictures of bear,cougars, and lone wolves. So he didn't mind it a bit. He had always liked his part of baby sitter, and story teller. It was definitely his turn.

So when Naira left in need of a walk,  it had taken little effort to convince Treyah and Reiko to stay with him. The father was their new favorite chew toy of sorts, and it was easy to ignore his pain. He had felt a lot worse in his life, and they sorta tried to avoid that shoulder. It was natural they wanted to climb over him, and attempt  to wrestle with his ears,tail, and cheeks. They were at it again, but he had dodged his daughter's last bite.
"Try again Treyah, you just about got me this time," he encouraged with a grin, ready to tip his nose just enough to give her another challenge.

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Treyah - Aug 12, 2016

[dohtml]

Impishly, the girl cast her bright eyes up at him, adoration written clearly upon her features before she took his words to heart – coaxed to do so, the tawny spitfire lunged once more, a yap escaping her as she stumbled forward, her jaws snapping towards his cheek before she ploughed her entire form in to him -- which was not a great feat, as her father would barely be rattled by her tiny presence.

Naira had gone off on a walk, and the girl was only too keen to spend some time with her father and brother, and ushering another playful bark from her lips, she lifted a paw to push off his side with, waiting for Reiko to give his best go at conquering their father. While she could tumble about for hours on end, Treyah did slink back to the ground, plopping her little rump down and tilting her head as a loud rumbling noise erupted – right from her belly! Glancing down at it with wide-eyes, she glanced back up at Triell, pleaful. “Daddy, hungry,” she motioned, flopping dramatically over upon her side as if this would encourage him to wrangle up food for them faster – roughhousing burned a lot of energy, after all!

[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Reiko - Aug 24, 2016

[dohtml]

Reiko watched their father with admiration, as he moved away from the nip of Treyah's teeth just in the nick of time. Of course, what the old man couldn't avoid was an attack on two fronts, regardless of the fact that the cubs weren't even close to his size. As his sister went in for another round, the boy lashed out with an attack of his own. Lunging forward, Reiko made to snap at Triell's good leg, since the other would have given them an 'unfair' advantage, which really just meant that they would have hurt him too bad.

All thoughts of play ceased when Treyah's rear hit the soil. Concern playing all over the agouti cub's face, Reiko left his father to lick his wounds and crowded around his sister. Her stomach echoed it's grief, and then she collapsed. 'Oh no.' Brow furrowed, the boy looked to his father, horrified that Trey had nearly been starved to death. "Daddy, help!" Although her display had simply been an over-dramatic performance, Reiko couldn't shake the feeling that his parents were letting his only sibling waste away right before their eyes. "Daddy, hurry!" Nudging his sister's stomach, the boy thought to help by turning her right-side up.

[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Triell - Sep 08, 2016

@Reiko @Treyah

[dohtml]

Sure as fire, the tawny bundle put all she had, and drove herself against his dark muzzle. Tiny teeth grazed his cheek, but could not take hold. Why the father couldn't see his boy, it did not take him long to answer Trey's call. Triell had no way to escape his attack. Reiko took a hold of his arm, and a playful growl followed. Suddenly his attention snapped downward just as Treyah fell to the dirt. It wasn't unusual, but there were few reasons play was stopped. It was not hard to wager it was not sleep this time.

Reiko seemed just as attentive, and released. Instantly, his limb flexed, and  ears cupped toward her, the sound of hunger obvious. Best he could he tried to smother a grin at her over dramatic display. But, it was Reiko's own worry that helped him pull on his own face of concern. "Well, lets see what we can find," he murmured. One leg at a time he propped himself up, taking longer than he would have liked to stand up. Then with a grit to his teeth, he began stumbling over to the nearest oak. Nose over the dirt mound, he was certain this cache hadn't been disturbed yet. "Come on you two, gotta help me dig or it won't be quick." The father wore a grin, as he swiped aside some of the dirt with his muzzle. Digging was worse than walking.

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Treyah - Sep 30, 2016

[dohtml]

The largest of sighs escaped her as she aimed for more effect – pulling at least Reiko to her audience as her brother took her starvation very seriously. She was nudged to the stomach – and despite the desire for the best acting skills in the whole world, she could not help but release her dramatic whither to a squeal as Reiko’s nudge tickled her, and her eyes widened as she looked to Triell.

Of course, so close to bouncing back to her paws and aiming a nip to her brother, the tawny girl’s ears rotated at Triell’s voice, noting that he wanted them to work for their food.

Ugh, work?

Nope. Sorry, Treyah was far too busy flopped over, her eyes now closing and her tongue sticking out as she feinted even further starvation – there was simply not enough energy to dig for her own food. She needed sustenance provided to her, and provided now! Surely, her strong and providing father could see that?

Refraining from peeking a stolen glance at her brother, she stilled her tiny form, and in what she considered rather perfect timing for her performance, Treyah’s stomach gave a rather loud and jolting rumble. Her imagination might have known no bounds – but she was certainly impressed by her own display – something she had a hard time trying by keeping her tail still.

[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Reiko - Oct 14, 2016

[dohtml]

As Treyah's acting increased, so too did Reiko's worry. The young boy was absolutely distraught at the notion that his sister was dying. "Trey no!" Amber eyes looked to their father, completely missing the smile he'd attempted to hide, and finding some small bit of hope in the gloom that was his sister's demise. Triell was on it though, his large frame set in motion as he found something suitable to save his daughter with. The boy could only admire his father's quick thinking as they came upon the cache.

There they came upon the final obstacle, the only thing that could possibly save his sister from imminent death lay packed beneath at least a million layers of hard pressed dirt. Oy vey, when would they catch a break? Obviously this was too big of a job for Triell to do alone, so Reiko didn't hesitate to dig his little claws right into the Earth. One paw after another the boy made his way toward the delicious morsels beneath the surface, but goodness was it hard. Why would the big ones make it so hard to dig up?

It took only a few moments of huffing and puffing at the manual labor before a previously unknown burning sensation erupted through his limbs. Who would do such a thing?

[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Triell - Nov 17, 2016

[dohtml]

His daughter's theatrics grew. Reminding him of his own litter mate. Not a word stirred her. Instead, he looked upon her, she was starting to look more the part of a starved wolf. He had to pull at his face again to keep it smooth. Just in time to hear another protest of her empty stomach. Reiko seemed certain she would not live much longer, and put his whole little heart into digging. It warmed the father's heart, but he wondered if this pattern would continue. At this age they had a lot of learning to do.

With his good paw steadied, he stretched the other. Doing his best to scrape away the dirt beside Reiko, seeing the boy quickly tire. By then, he could make out the form of the rabbit, and he reached for it with his teeth, quickly ripping a chunk in the process. He handed it to his son without word. Feeling he would quickly get it to Treyah in this emergency. Then snorting away the loose soil he picked up the rest, hobbling over to the tawny pair to fall to his rump. Releasing the rest of the meat to the earth, his eyes upon the two, waiting how it played out now.

Triell Tainn
[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Nov 17, 2016

There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity

RE: I need another story - Treyah - Dec 14, 2016

[dohtml]

She could hear scratching -- the digging of fresh earth as her family sought so anxiously to revive her. Of course, the girl was none the wiser that her father was not fooled by her dramatic stunt -- as far asshe was concerned, she was the perfect actress on all accounts. Her tiny body remained still, spare for the gentle rise and fall of her chest -- she was unable to withhold the flick of her ears though as a gentle spray of dirt flung her way -- and the thump of something heavy sounded. Her nose twitched as scents evaded her, but far from knowledgeable, all she could determine was the scent of more damp soil, and assumed they're mission to save her was well en route.

She scrunched her eyes shut more tightly (unbeknownst that such a small action could be witnessed from those attending to her) to keep from peeking, but the idea of food caused the saliva in her mouth to begin to pool -- and for even further effect, Treyah released a gentle moan of hungry desperation from her lips -- as if to coax them to hurry on with it and feed her.

She was starving, after all.

[/dohtml]

RE: I need another story - Reiko - Dec 28, 2016

Faster dad, faster! He thought, willing him to do so. This wasn't a take all the time ya needed. Treyah was in trouble! Couldn't he see they had to get it! Reiko didn't even dare look back, afraid of what he would see. He kept trying to help pass it aside, and then finally! Toes, cold and muddy, they had did it! With haste he latched on to the chunk of meat for dear life, and hurried to his sister as quickly as he could drag it. Please, he couldn't be too late! What would he do without his sister? Who would tease him? Who would bite his ears? Who would he look after?

An anguished whine shot down his throat, seeing her still as stone. No, no.... With a grunt, he dropped it right in front of her dark nose. "Trey eat!" He pleaded, swiftly nudging her cheek with his snout in search for movement, with a small prayer in his heart. Hoping to see her eyes blink open, and her lips part. For a moment he looked to his father, wide-eyed and worried. What would they do now? Shouldn't he be calling for mother? Or..or..think...think Reiko.