Ruins of Wildwood
Thicket of Secrets White & Black - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Thicket of Secrets White & Black (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

Pages: 1 2

White & Black - Triell - Oct 27, 2011

The yearling really wanted to make sure Cori knew she could count on him. The problem was, he was getting a little stir crazy not going to far from packlands. He liked to explore, discover new things, and the fact was he knew both the Sacred Grove, and Swift River. It was fun taking the pups to new places, but it wasn't the same for him. Once he figured everyone was okay he decided he could give himself a little slack, and venture past the borders of home. He figured he could see some new sights, and maybe bring something back to save for winter. He was bound to be less grumpy that way, and that was a plus for everyone. Much as he hated to step into the cold rushing waters, and to the other side he did so without hesitation.

He had no real direction he was going at first. He ran for a time just to feel the rush against his face, and not think about anything but the path ahead. It was actually nice, he whisked through, and around brush, going where no on had tread. It wasn't a new adventure exactly, but a change of scenery.The sun just coming up made it just different enough with it's light slightly dimmed through the patched of trees over head. He was starting to push his muscles to the point they burned, and breathing harder than he had when suddenly his front forelimb caught around something squishy, and he faltered in stride, falling flat onto his chin,neck, and chest with his rump upturned in the air.

Momentarily his head seemed to pound, and it was dark. Quickly he coughed, and blinked and that's when he saw stripes of black and white in his vision. He knew there were only few things that were black and white, lucky or maybe not so lucky for him, it was not a badger. The lad quickly shoved himself away from the skunk, knowing that surely it would spray him next. He could hear it hiss, and gurgle it's displeasure. It was too late, he was hardly three feet away when it lifted it's tail, and he was choking on it's pugnent aroma.

"Come on! I wasn't going to hurt you!" He said, wishing he could get the sting out of his eyes, and nose. The skunk seemed unsure, and stood it's ground temporarily wondering to flee or let off some more.

White & Black - Kinis - Oct 27, 2011

"I know you were jealous of my porcupine, Triell, but really?"

He hadn't meant to be tailing Triell, but by the time he had recognised his brother's scent, it was a coincidence which Kinis was all too happy to encourage. Besides, it was a curiosity to witness his littermate venturing beyond established Swift River lands, and whilst Kinis often indulged in his subdued wanderlust, it was unusual for Triell to do so. Out of concern for his brother, for Kinis wanted to be sure that the oddity was born from a good place rather than a bad one, he had intentionally shifted his course and increased his pace in order to catch up.

When he heard the faint thump, and then his brother's swift indignation, Kinis quickly realised that his specific concerns were slightly misplaced.

It was all he could do not to laugh out loud, though the barely suppressed wicked glee on his face said it all. Kinis carefully trod around where Triell had come from, eyeing the skunk with wary respect and giving it an extremely wide berth. It tensed even further at the sight of another predator, but Kinis wasn't going to give it any reason for another shower. "I would come save you, but, y'know, for the sake of my nose I'm gonna hang back. You smell like... well I guess the joke is too obvious."

White & Black - Triell - Oct 27, 2011

His eyes watered, and he kept blinking hoping maybe it would stop. He was thinking about running from the scene, when the idea was immediately shot down by his brother's voice. Triell would look like such a sissy if he took off now. Naturally his ears twisted sideways, and his nose crinkled to prove he was not taking this well, though he had no malicious intentions. He just hadn't thought to be caught by anyone in this predicament, and it was a little embarrassing to say the least.

"Ha, ha," he answered, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "Go ahead, laugh it's so hilarious." He did not look at Kinis though while he spoke, his eyes were fixed upon the small enemy because he was not letting the skunk out of his sight. It sprayed once, and he wasn't keen on letting it have at him again. He was sorta waiting for it to shut Kinis up too, but it did nothing for the moment. The poor thing didn't quite know what to do with two wolves there, and was pretending it was invisible.

Triell probably would have done the same thing if his own defense was only a strong, unpleasant odor, and that had obviously failed. None the less he did not feel sorry for it, and hoped it would scamper on it's way. Though he wasn't exactly going to persuade it. Maybe it's home was here, and it didn't want to move.

White & Black - Kinis - Nov 05, 2011

Kinis' delight only amplified as Triell acknowledged that his embarrassing situation had just become a whole lot worse. "Well, since you've given me permission," he grinned, practically giggling through his teeth out of sheer glee. Oh, this was too precious.

Noting the way that Triell remained fixed on the skunk, Kinis turned to watch it too, wondering just how this sticky mess had arisen and just what was to be the outcome. "So, what are you going to do now? You know, if this turns out like my fight, you're gonna get something real nasty on your nose... though I suppose you already have." Laughing again, he reclined onto his haunches, making it very clear that was going to have no part of it. By now, he was just rubbing salt into the wound, but the situation was so damn exploitable. He knew that Triell wouldn't have given him an inch, if the situation was reversed. "What are you going to do now?"

White & Black - Triell - Nov 11, 2011

Triell glared at his brother for a brief moment, clearly annoyed by his laughing at his expense. Though it wasn't really serious, as Kinis he'd decided, was the brother he got along best with because though they may not be the same, they had more in common such as age, and the manner in which they grew up. Well and Kinis didn't do the whole big brother thing, or judge Triell. The black wolf appreciated that most of all.

The top ridge of his muzzle wrinkled, and made a fake smile at Kinis though he was not yet laughing at his situation. He might have laughed if Kinis wasn't so thrilled, or maybe if he didn't feel so proud, or if he was sure the skunk wouldn't have at him again. His eyes went back to the striped pest, ears gently rotating listening to Kinis talk. He let out short snort of his displeasure, but he too was wondering what to do. He didn't want to kill the skunk, he was sure if he went after the creature it would surely spray him again, or try to rip his face off like a coon might. He thought quietly while Kinis kept laughing, though he asked once more what Triell would do.

He took a step closer to the furred creature. What he really wanted to do was pick it up, and throw it Kinis' way. But then he might feel sorry for the skunk. Concentrating he tried to make his hackels raise by thinking about how mad he was because he would stink for weeks. Slowly his long black hair pricked, and he raised his lips a harsh growl erupting from his throat. Because Triell was doing this to a skunk he looked pretty silly, but he took another step closer hoping to scare it away. The skunk realized it wasn't really invisible, and slowly started to back up, but it wasn't backing away from the wolves it was stepping backward toward Kinis.

White & Black - Kinis - Nov 11, 2011

Triell wasn't happy, and Kinis couldn't blame him, but nor could he bring himself to have much sympathy. This is what brothers were for, after all! Still chuckling to himself, Kinis had been watching closely, genuinely interested to see how Triell was going to handle this. It would have been the obvious thing to kill it, and that's what Kinis believed he would have done; Triell stank anyway, what was there to lose?

His brother turned into a fiercer specimen right then, and from his observation box, Kinis idly admired Triell's capacity for looking intimidating. Triell stood taller than Kinis himself, and thus no doubt made a grander display, and though the pair had been denied a particularly close childhood, their friendship was tight enough that Kinis couldn't imagine himself being easily affected by Triell's display. He would have had to do something terrible to warrant both his brother's anger and being scared of him, he thought.

Such was his train of thought - and such was that which was distracting him from exactly what was happening. It was only when the black and white stripes began to get bigger and bigger did Kinis realise that his safe, distant spot was becoming less safe and less distant did he yelp in alarm, tumbling backwards in a disorganised and clumsy attempt to get out of harm's way. The skunk had been so focused on Triell as to be equally startled, and lifted its tail even higher out of desperate warning.

His elation turned to sour grumbling, Kinis backed away even further, coming about to stand closer to Triell's side. "Nice try! But you can keep the perfume to yourself, I couldn't ask you to share."

White & Black - Triell - Nov 13, 2011

A deep chuckle rumbled from his throat, and he gave what appeared to be a feral grin with his teeth exposed, yet lips curving into a smile at Kinis' fearful, and clumsy display. Sure the odor wasn't pleasnt, but it wasn't like the creature was harmful. Yet they were treated like some kind of plauge, to be avoided, ran away from, and often killed because to the world they were digusting creatures. He held his position, letting out another low growl toward the skunk, staring into his dark brown eyes. Come on run away. He thought, and noticed the tawny hide of his brother next to him. He was sure he had spoiled some of Kinis' fun, not that that really mattered to Triell.

The skunk suddenly took it's chance, and bounded rather ungracefully under a nearbye dying fern, onward to where it's home probably hid. He did not quite reply to Kinis, he watched the fluffy tail rise, and fall in the distance till he he could see it no longer. His onyx mane seemed to slowly flatten, and his ears were perched upward in an alert sort of place. His lips covered over his white fangs, and he smirked to Kinis. "Well I don't think standing near me will help your cause then, brother." He chuckled once more, placing a foot between them, certain that no one could smell anything else but skunk upon him. He let out a good snuff from his nostrils, and than lifted his hind limb to scratch his chin of a bothersome itch. He stopped, and stood up. "How long do you think I'm going to stink?" He asked, not caring if Kinis further teased him, but curious if he might know the answer.

White & Black - Kinis - Nov 16, 2011

Kinis scowled as Triell finally scared the skunk away, mostly glad for the nuisance to be gone. He would have felt regret had the situation not threatened to turn against his fun, which had rather spoiled the whole thing. His expression not becoming any friendlier as Triell mocked him (oh the indecency), Kinis took a few very obvious steps back, as if a few extra feet would make his brother's stench any more bearable, and then sat with a pointed, if disgruntled smirk.

His mouth opened automatically with some smart answer to Triell's question, but something held him back. Just how long did skunk stink linger? "I... don't know," he said blankly, the intrigue of the question distracting him so effectively from tormenting his brother. Had Triell intended it to have this reaction, it had worked marvellously... to a point. A wicked smile curled his lips as he looked sharply at Triell. "Though I'm pretty sure you won't be smelling of flowers any time soon." Laughing, though in a more good-natured way, he jerked his head to gesture back the way they had come, and smiled. "Maybe Indru or Ruiko know? At the very least a run through the river won't do you any harm right now."

White & Black - Triell - Nov 20, 2011

He laughed, quite amused by Kinis' expression. It was only his turn to laugh wasn't it? Stretching his jaws in a long yawn, he had to stifle a chuckle at the distance between them now. Triell could easily stick it to Kinis, but for the moment he dismissed the idea. He rather not have Kinis further irritated by his actions, and so his head briefly thinking he might know, but he didn't either. "Hmm," he was not looking forward to returning to Swift River. Surely everyone would look at him wondering why he provoked a skunk. And he doubted anyone would want to hang near him. Now if only to decide if that was a curse or a blessing.

"I don't think I've ever smelled like flowers," he pointed out, though he wasn't sure what he did smell like. Did he smell like Indru and Cori? A little bit of something else? None the less whatever his true scent was it had to be better then what it was now. "Maybe," Triell grinned, "but that would mean they might have gotten sprayed at some point too." He had to chuckle wondering who he should ask, and the thought of either of his elder brothers sprayed by a skunk was comical because it seemed so outlandish. Looking thoughtful, he decided he would just find out on his own. Rue and Indy being sprayed seemed unlikely.

"Yes, Kinis I promsie I'll take a good bath," He said giving a rough shake of his coat, then playfully made to nip at Kinis, stopping just before he could touch him. "Suppose we better head there, or me any way."

White & Black - Kinis - Nov 24, 2011

Never smelled like flowers? Kinis grinned at that, tempted to push the joke further, but he supposed that he had already teased Triell enough... for a few minutes, anyway. It wasn't long before his brother floated the image of his older brothers at the mercy of a skunk through his mind, and the grin only widened; Ruiko and Indru, surely not? But it could happen to anyone, he knew that much, and why wouldn't they had been stink-victims at some point? As much as he thought of his brothers as perpetual adults, there must have been a time when they were young and foolish, like him and Triell.

Well. Foolish? Maybe not.

"Good boy," he crooned in his most patronising voice, and he would have come closer to pat his brother on the head had the smell not been so offensive - but then Triell darted forwards anyway, getting a squeal of displeasure from his brother as Kinis tried to flinch away, both from the implied game and the assault on his nose. It really was getting too much - he gagged (a little theatrically) as he pulled away further.

"You're gonna incapacitate me," he muttered in that strange way when you don't breathe through your nose. At least it wasn't quite so painful if he temporarily cut off his sense of smell, though it was practically as debilitating as being blind. "Do I get to push you in? Otherwise I might make my own way back, no offence."