Ruins of Wildwood
Whitestone Monadnock the crystal ship - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: Whitestone Monadnock the crystal ship (/showthread.php?tid=13734)

Pages: 1 2

the crystal ship - Mittani - Jan 18, 2017

Let me know if anything should be changed @Cheedo

[dohtml]

The Mittani
Oh silver & gold
well everyone wishes for it

He felt out of control lately. Ever since he left he had been filled with dread and the need to destroy. Mittani was running out of ways to cool his nerves. Despite the cold weather he felt so flushed. Hot as the blood boiling in him. There was one thing he knew might help, one wolf. He needed her right this very moment.

The pale man sniffed around to find her scent. "Cheedo, dear. Come here. Now." He licked his teeth as his pale golden eyes sought out her form. Mittani didn't give a damn if he was pulling her away from something or someone. In his mind, she was still his. She was the last thing he wanted to let go of. His little light of all things good. His small gem of wonders. He reached out to her again with a gentle whisper. "I need you." Mittani's face grew a sly smile.

Mittani was impatient. He had been for days now. The foundation beneath him had been shattered the day Craw crushed part of his ego. "this isn't Ritter anymore, Mittani," The arctic listened to the words in his mind. "your name and mighty reputation only means something to me" If he didn't pride himself on being such a strong, iron man he would have whined and cried about it. But he couldn't do that, now could he? How was he supposed to build a mighty reputation if he cried whenever his ego got bruised?

[/dohtml]

RE: the crystal ship - Cheedo - Jan 19, 2017

[dohtml]

Her anxiety had been at an all time high since she'd traveled from Ritter.  A new place new wolves it was something that terrified her while her past didn't follow her around like it had in her old home it was still there.  Always in the back of her mind reminding her of all that could go wrong and her only comfort was that she was back with those who were familiar to her, those who had never hurt her. Most importantly she’d been reunited with Mittani, her protector and her comfort.

She'd been lightly dozing when his voice reached her ears, sweet though demanding all the same she would never ignore the order for her presence.  Raising her short frame to its full height she went to him as she always did.  His whisper carried to her as if on the wind as she approached mirrored her own feelings. She needed him as much as he needed her.

“Mittani my sweet, I need you too” she said quietly as she came to him pressing her face into the fur of his chest, taking in his scent. A scent that had comforted her so many times in the past after her children and husband were gone. “What troubles you so?” She had felt his tension as soon as she’d been close causing her tail to tuck under her.

[/dohtml]

RE: the crystal ship - Mittani - Jan 19, 2017

“Mittani my sweet, I need you too."

His hackles prickled with excitement at her voice. Her tones were always as fragile as her own body was. It was a pure miracle that Mittani Morelli hadn't managed to break the poor thing yet. But he always tried his best to be careful with her. She was like thin ice and he was a stampede of caribou trying to cross over it. How the two worked together was a mystery that he didn't care to know the answer to.

Even though she had asked a question he didn't speak. Merely let his head rest over hers as she tucked her head into his chest. His nose traced her ear slowly. A deep breath fell from his lips. "I need you to walk with me to somewhere more private, my dear." The pale arctic's teeth nipped her crown lightly before he began trailing off to make his way into a more quiet, empty area. What he discussed with Cheedo was not for others to hear.

He knew very well that she would be close by. "We need to talk, you know. I'm gravely worried right now." The poet's voice was but a whisper. Mittani felt safe telling her because @Cheedo was one of the wolves who truly understood what would happen if you dared to cross him.

[dohtml]

She needed him as much as he needed her in that moment and more, the future unpredictable for the two of them. Cheedo didn't know what they faced but she knew that her life could change and she didn't know how. The thought of it cause a tremble to run through her body and there he was like a knight in shining armor. Always there always willing to protect her and yet so careful with her despite the anger she knew he could possess. She did not fear it, one of the few things she didn't fear in her life.

Her question had gone unanswered as far as any details but instead was answered when he placed his head over hers. Her eyes closed at his touch as she tried to calm her nerves by breathing in his scent. The sensation of his nose tracing her ear was one gesture that made a smile cross her maw. The injured ear she felt so worried it would make her undesirable yet Mittani didn't care. He wanted her to go with her, it was said as more of a request than an order still she would go with him, “Of course I will go with you,” she assured her tone quiet before a chuff left her lips in response to his nip. She followed him to the place he found more comfortable for them to talk.

When they had reached a more private place he spoke once more of them needing to talk, that he was worried. “I am worried as well,” but she probably didn't need to tell him that, “Please tell me what worries you so Mittani?” She asked brushing her nose along his jaw hoping to calm him some. She knew his temper well and did not want him to do something that would cause him harm.

[/dohtml]

Mittani appreciated that she was always there for him. She never once tried to or did him wrong. Of course there were times where he wished she had done something different but he didn't hold those things against her. He was aware she had her own demons to battle and Mittani was a fair man or he thought, so he never pushed more than necessary onto her mind.

He furrowed his brows at her own worriedness being vocalized. It wasn't like he needed her to say it but he appreciated her honesty. The touch against his jaw was met with one of his usual growls. "You have to understand I respect you but that doesn't mean there won't be feelings towards your answer, okay?" His pale golden eyes looked at her sparkling seafoam eyes. His tone had grown rather serious too. A common sign for her to pay attention closely. "Who are you going to pick? Will you stick by my side or are you going to crawl back to him?" His eyes narrowed as he continued to keep walking. The more distance that was but between the duo and the pack the better. Mittani desperately needed to know if his most prized female was about to walk out on him. It wasn't like he wouldn't see her again if she did 'leave' him but he would certainly feel something he never had towards her. Anger.

[/dohtml]

Over the years she had been there always to hear what was bothering him do what she could to be there for him.  Whether she had constantly been by his side or not she'd always been there for him as he had for her, this was no different. She knew he understood why she couldn't always be there in Ritter but this place was different.  Cheedo didn't have to face the memories everywhere she went.

She told him that she too was worried but let him voice his worries first as he was the one to call her to talk first.  Cheedo knew from his tone and the way his gaze had settled on hers that he was very serious.  She nodded as he told her he respected her but was keen to let her know her answer could carry emotional consequences. Her ears flattened and she lowered her body, “I understand Mittani,” she stated her voice almost a whisper. The question that followed was one she should have expected they had grown close it was only natural for him to want to know.  It was the same thing that had been worrying her and now she had to face a choice she didn't know if she could make right then. Still for him she had to give an answer. “I choose you Mittani but now that we know he is alive I am still his wife and I will have to go back to him if he requests it of me,” she answered his question her gaze falling to her paws.  Why wouldn't she choose the pale man who had been there for her when she needed him most, who'd been her protector for so long and she didn't have to share him with Angharad. She didn't know how she could get out of going back to Craw if that was what he wanted.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

The Mittani
I remember when I knew you'd be leaving
how I barely kept up breathing

Oh how he wished he hadn't heard what he had. His hackles raised and a snarl ripped through the air. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO!" He bared his teeth at her in such an aggressive fashion. The poet's tail waved above him like a banner as he looked down upon the fragile female. Everything he had kept together in front of her was slowly unraveling. "You were never his wife!" He hissed as his eyes narrowed in harsher. "You were simply a broad that he wanted to keep for his own personal gain." His tongue briefly grazed over his teeth. Had they not been off of the monadnock he surely would've tossed her over by now. "So don't you ever forget that it was me who treated you like my own love and poured my own strength into you when you needed it the most." He couldn't stop his tone from growing into a rough whisper. His previous screaming surely disrupted someone so now he knew they were at risk.

He lowered his tail slowly but his posture didn't change much more than that. "The Mittani never wants to get like that with you. You know it. But sometimes he just can't help himself." His voice had gone from angry to pleading. She needed to see that he was simply trying to do what was best for her.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

Cheedo genuinely did not know how he would take the answer she'd given him but as his hackles raised and the snarl that followed she knew he wasn't happy.  She'd said the wrong thing, her ears flattened as tightly to her skull as the would go and her body lowered until her stomach was nearly touching the ground as he yelled at her.  A high pitched whine escaped her but she kept her gaze on him as he told her she'd never been Craws wife but what she had really been to the spider. Her gaze then dropped to her paws, she knew he was right.  How many times had she thought over it in the past? His next words were a reminder of how he felt about her and that he'd been there for her when Craw was gone and as she tried to fight the demons that ran her down in Ritter. His tone had changed though his posture had not but for the first time he had turned his anger on her and she feared it like she never had before.

what he said next to her was as close to an apology as she was probably ever going to get from the pale man. He no longer seemed angry with her which helped her to meet his gaze once more.  Slowly she raised herself up until she stood on a half crouched position with her tail tucked against her belly. “I'm sorry Mittani, I know you are right about what I was to him,” she said quietly, “And I will never forget what you have done and how you have treated me. I want to stay with you.” She did truly but he was suggesting that he tell Craw she wouldn't go with him, could she do that when she never has before? She took a deep breath and let it out, “I will tell him no,” she finally said finding some of the strength she'd used when defending herself the day her ear was damaged. “You have brought me to a new start, why shouldn't it be with you?” She asked him sitting back on her haunches but keeping her head lowered. “But I worry what he will do,” she said meeting his pale golden gaze.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

Mittani
I want to know if it works
I want to know if it was worth it to worry

She soothed his nerves and accepted his awful apology. But he wouldn't formally apologize. Not even to her. He had warned her fairly so nothing should have come as a surprise.

He heard her out fully before butting in with any more harshness. Mittani always forgot how small she was and how much smaller she looked low to the ground and tucked in. He should have felt bad but he didn't, not one ounce of guilt in his body. She had to learn where she stood sooner or later.

Pale golden eyes watched as she sat down with her head lowered. Her last words left him with an obvious frown. "My dear don't you understand? As long as you're mine I won't ever let harm come to you." He slowly approached her, almost afraid to touch her after his lashing. It started with his nose gently finding a spot on her forehead. The poet let his tongue run over her crown. He would try his hardest to reassure her that his temper had simmered down for now. "Do you trust me enough to follow me to the ends of the earth, love?" He stood tall as his head rested over her own.

It was then he realized how selfish he had been. Lashed out his worries and not even acknowledged that she had been worried too. "You know what, enough of me asking my own selfish questions. What had been on your mind and worrying you so?" His tones were a mere whisper again.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

She had done what she could to make him believe that it was him she had chosen, not Craw because Mittani was right.  She had been the only one for the pale man and he had protected her, and been there all the times the grief over her lost children had consumed her. Even when she had distance herself from the group he had always welcomed her back with a warm embrace comforting her until she could stay no longer.

Cheedo didn't expect anymore of an apology from him than what she got and she accepted it knowing full well anything else wasn't the real Mittani. It had taken some searching inside herself to find the what little strength she had to pull herself up and tell him what he needed to hear but what she would tell Craw to keep the man who had been her constant.

Her worries had shifted now that she had assured him she would remain with him, no longer did she worry what would happen to her, and them but him.  His reassurance that he would always protect her was a comfort, she was his and had nothing to worry about. “I do understand and you have never given me a reason to doubt you,” which was why she was so firm in staying with him.  She did not back away as he came near her nor did she flinch when his nose touched her forehead. Her eyes closed and a sigh escaping her when his tongue ran over her crown.  She knew them his anger had subsided and she once again felt comfortable with him. With his head resting on hers she whispered, “I do, always,” she affirmed leaning against him.

When he asked about what had been worrying her Cheedo smiled at his concern but it was soon replaced with a frown from the thought of her worries.  “I was worried about what was going to happen to us but I don't have to worry about that any longer. What I'm worried about now is you.”

[/dohtml]