Ruins of Wildwood
Chanting Chase Lonely nights - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Chanting Chase Lonely nights (/showthread.php?tid=14507)

Pages: 1 2

Lonely nights - Rosalind - Apr 10, 2017

[dohtml]
Cool evening, sun setting, a little windy, Forward dated to 4-14. @Nefili

There it was! The scent was unmistakable! Nefili was around here somewhere, and Ro absolutely needed to find him! "Nef!! Nef, can you hear me?!" She howled every few seconds or so, desperate for the male to return the call. His perfume weighed thick in the air, almost as if he were right by her side, which honestly only infuriated the muddied yearling more! Why wasn't he visible?! "N-Nef!! N..Nef?" The Andromeda sighed, was this all in her head? Had she somehow managed to misconstrue a scent that belonged to someone else? No, there was absolutely no way she was wrong on this one, right? But why wasn't he answering?

"Nefili! Are you there?!" She cried one last time. And what would you know? Moments later she actually received a response! Though it wasn't from who she'd expected, no, this was.. Singing? The yearling could of sworn she'd just heard singing! But from who'm? "H-Hello?" Excitement quickly faded into a sense of dread. If someone were around right now, and it wasn't Nef, then why weren't they approaching her? Why were they just.. Singing? "T-This is... Eerie! If you're messing with me, Nef, So h-help me!" Ro's stomach twisted into knots, suddenly the song picked back up. "W-Who's there?! Leave me alone!"  

[/dohtml]

RE: Lonely nights - Nefili - Apr 14, 2017

The air smelled of sap and leaves scattered on the forest floor, the tawny wolf lowly scanned his setting. “Hey roooo..” he called out in a loud but shaky voice. He was petrified, but Nefili was trying to hide it. The male started to lug himself farther into the new setting as he yelled louder “RO! YA HEAR ME?” silence again, but something felt different. The soft crunching of the branches beneath his paws were the only sound he could hear, the cooling breeze lightly waving around. The wolf still had the scent of his lost friend hanging around him, mocking him. "You’re only getting more lost..." the scent joked, tediously he still followed it further.

Sound emerged, at first it was a soft whimper of noise, then it was light enough to make it out. A song? The male looked around startled, “Uh, Ro, if this is your idea of a joke it isn't funny.” Nefili looked out and saw darkness begin to take form with the last bits of golden shine twinkle out. The wind was picking up, and so was the incessant singing. The tawny wolf could could feel himself tremble with every step, his stomach dropping at the thought of having to sit through night alone with whatever that was. “RO PLEASE” His cries were getting more desperate as the sun fell. There was another noise amongst the song, it sounded afraid but close. Then he heard yelling, loud “-Leave me alone!” That was Ro, it was her voice! Nefili leapt toward the voice of his friend! He ran forward, excitedly the bigger wolf accidentally ran full force at the other, tripping over her trying to quickly dodge at the last second.

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Apr 14, 2017

There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health

RE: Lonely nights - Rosalind - Apr 14, 2017

[dohtml]
bruh!!
Trying to do these on my phone so sorry for any errors if there are any

One moment she's begging for celestial beings to leave her the hell alone, and the next she's practically shoved onto the ground below. Could this be the work of a poltergeist? "Aaagh! No!! I'm sorry!!" The fae screeched, trying to steady her legs before inevitably tumbling over. Her eyes grew wide almost instantaneously, she had to find the culprit before it could further injure her. But what was there waiting for her wasn't a spirit at all! "N-Nefili?!"

Sheer terror turned into overzealous bliss in practically a seconds notice! "I thought y-you were a ghost!! Where have you been?! A-and how did you get your voice to sound like that earlier? I-I mean don't get me wrong, it was extremely impressive, b-but that was a lousy prank! You know I have issues with paranormal stuff!" She giggled. Boy was it good to see them again. "I missed y-you, It's been a really stressful week." with a sigh, the yearling decided to shut her maw and let the tawny Valley wolf answer her questions, even though she still had so much more to say.

[/dohtml]

RE: Lonely nights - Nefili - May 02, 2017

A crash and Nefili was on the ground, still shocked at what had all just occurred. “Ro hang on, my heads all fuzzy,” stated the now disheveled wolf. As he was collecting his thoughts he pulled himself up to face the other who looked to be in shock. “Found you!!” the male excitedly pranced around the questioning Rosalind. “I didn't mean ta startle ya, I promise. But it was getting dark-” Nefili stopped himself as he heard the flow of questions pouring from the other.

"I thought y-you were a ghost!! Where have you been?! A-and how did you get your voice to sound like that earlier? I-I mean don't get me wrong, it was extremely impressive, b-but that was a lousy prank! You know I have issues with paranormal stuff!" The fae giggled upon saying this at the other. He didn't remember doing any of that, he thought it was the smaller one messing with him for disappearing? “What do ya mean?” He had the hint of fear in his voice upon the realization it wasn't her voice earlier. The other hadn't heard him when he asked the question, or if she did she didn't respond. Ro instead told the other that she had missed him, and Nefili never knew just how much he missed her until that moment.

He decided to forget the singing and try to change the topic “I'm not really sure what you mean about a prank, i didn't do anything, especially if it would scare ya…” he explained to the other in the now hushed forest. “But I'm so happy I found ya, I was starting to think I'd be lost forever in these creepy woods alone” the soft moonlight was now shining softly over the both of them as a small noise was heard fluttering through the silence. “you're ok right? I didn't hurt ya too hard on the way down?” calm feelings held thickly in his mind as he stared wide eyed at the darker wolf awaiting an answer.

RE: Lonely nights - Rosalind - May 12, 2017

[dohtml]
Sorry it took me so long e_e

The fact that her beloved friend had no idea what she was referring to was enough to make the poor yearling's skin crawl, however with how easy it was for him to shrug it off and move on to the next topic, Ro decided that for now it'd probably be best to write it off as something dumb and just enjoy the moment for what it was. Hey, maybe the guy honestly just had a real knack for singing or something! Right?

"I thought the same thing! It's so dark and scary here! But I knew I'd be alright once I got a whiff of ya'!" She smiled, though the statement was a lie. Once Ro caught the smell of Nefili's perfume weighing heavy in the air, she began to panic. Partly because he wasn't immediately visible, partly because he was the only wolf she'd ever felt comfortable enough to be herself around, and he'd been gone for too damn long. At the time, she wasn't alright. She didn't think she was going to be alright either, but those were just little details in the grand scheme of things.

"Oh, Uhh.." The fae had honestly completely forgotten about all of that already. Oh the perks of adrenaline. She briefly checked all limbs and extremities before giving the friend a light head shake. "I'm fine! Are you?"

[/dohtml]

RE: Lonely nights - Nefili - May 29, 2017

Nefili gazed around him taking in the how dark it had become. Sparks of twilight shone all around them, and small cracks of branches could be heard far off in the distance. The uneasy feeling that weighed heavily before them was disappearing, turning into a tiring calm. “Never better.” He said playfully with the slightest yawn following it.

He admits the place they were at was… strange. He's never heard singing like that, and did he feel.. watched earlier? Nevermind, all that mattered was he found someone he knew now and he felt safe, but he still didn't feel like sleeping here. What if his suspicions were correct? The tawny wolf just knew they had to get out of there and find whatever new place that awaited on the other side.

“I know this is gonna sound stupid… but can we keep going on?” hints of fear laced his voice but was barely noticeable, he had to put up a facade, right? “I mean unless you're tired! Then we can stay…” The male looked down a bit and back up to try and reassure the other. ‘I mean what could really be so scary here right?’ he thought to himself.

RE: Lonely nights - Rosalind - May 30, 2017

[dohtml]

It was comforting knowing that all seemed well with her dear friend, though something was still.. Off. He then suggested that they perhaps keep on going with their travels for a bit, but the fae could only just barely understand why. He seemed so tired, so why not just rest here? Perhaps he had been just as spooked out by their previous experience as she had. It'd sure be understandable. Back at Apparition Swamp young pups were raised under the belief that ghosts couldn't hurt you, so why was it that Rosalind always felt otherwise? Sure, she could blame it on her anxiety, but the young raven liked to believe that maybe she was just smarter than the others back home. Like perhaps she had a sixth-sense for that kind of thing, or something.

"Yeah, no.. I'm not tired at all." She smiled. Traces of adrenaline were still evident enough throughout her body to keep her going, and sleep hadn't come easy for the fae since departing from her home anyways. Maybe sleep deprivation was just growing accustom to her by now. "We can definitely keep going. But you gotta tell me what you've been up to since we've last seen each other!" Tail wagging, the yearling began to walk once more.

[/dohtml]

RE: Lonely nights - Nefili - Jul 16, 2017

The response was unexpected at best. She sounded tired too but the male couldn't bring himself to call it out. ‘Oh thank ya Ro' Nef silently thought to himself, too tired to think up much more than what he could spout off in conversation. Noticing the other lost in thought for a second then eagerly listening to the questions she spoke, he started to reply, “oh what did I do…? mostly just looked for ya I guess...” confused for a split second he regained his train of thought. As he was walking he noticed the shadows of the two melting in with the darkened scenery.

Running ahead slightly and swaying his tail more excitedly the wolf stated, “Hey where do ya think we're goin’? I hope it's pretty!” he paced slower in front for a second but calmed down allowing his tail to sway softly behind him he spoke softly once more, “It feels like such a long day now….” Maybe they'll be somewhere new soon or maybe they'll find a place to sleep safely, Nefili wasn’t sure of either of those happening before sunlight. “Ro,” starting his sentence in front of her but falling behind to catch pace with the other once more, he continued, “what do ya think?”

RE: Lonely nights - Rosalind - Aug 12, 2017

[dohtml]

'Mostly looked for me..?' The fae smiled to herself. That worked both sides, she had been searching for him too, a little more eagerly than she had with the wolves on her fathers list in fact. It felt nice, being missed. Rosalind couldn't help but then wonder if there were others that missed her, like the family she was forced to abandon for instance. Blah, none of that actually mattered though, did it? Not now. Maybe not ever, even. 'But still.. It'd be nice if someone sought me out someday..' With a small sigh, the yearling began to follow her friend presumably away from the creepy woods.

"Hmmm.." Rosalind thought for a moment on Nefili's question before attempting on a response. Where were they going? Well, hopefully to Drestig, right? "I've talked to a couple of wolves on my uncle's whereabouts, Drestig.. The one that's not really my uncle.. I've told you about him, right? Hopefully we can stay with him.. I mean... If that's okay with you, and assuming we can actually find him.." She chuckled softly, nervously. Those kind strangers were able to give her the gist of his location, but Ro often had this little way of forgetting information whenever it was needed most, so, there's that.

[/dohtml]