Ruins of Wildwood
Bowed Maple Bend Blood Sweat and Tears - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Bowed Maple Bend Blood Sweat and Tears (/showthread.php?tid=14880)

Pages: 1 2

Blood Sweat and Tears - Rosalind - May 22, 2017

[dohtml]
내 피 땀 눈물~~~
RE: Rosalind, you have become stuck in a deep pool of mud! @Maia

Rosalind's anxiety had been skyrocketing ever since the meeting held with her uncle. The yearling had honestly thought it'd get better, especially being away from her crazy family! But that just didn't seem to be the case. Perhaps she'd encountered too many new faces as of late, perhaps her overworked nerves were just trying to inform her that she was well overdue for a break. For that exact reason, the fae decided that what better a way to calm down then to take a nice, old-fashioned walk? Besides, in a way it'd even be productive! After all, what wolf didn't want to get familiarized with their surrounding territory?

It didn't take long for the Tainn to stumble across just the place to ease her mind. A beautiful pond with a rather extravagant maple overseeing it, green grass all around, and the wonderful aroma of the ever-so-evident season of spring weighing heavily in the air. 'Perfect.' the fae smiled, though as she began to approach the landscape, she seemingly stepped in something rather.. Disgusting. "What the--??" Rosalind grumbled, looking down to assess the situation. "Oh, gross! Mud!" and she was pretty deep in, too. In fact, she couldn't move at all! "I'm... I'm stuck??!" she cried, panic coursing through her once more. So much for a pleasant escape from reality.

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Maia - May 22, 2017

[dohtml]

Bash and Crash had given her something wonderful. Something she'd never expected to have, but cherished all the same. It was distraction that she craved the most, and distraction she'd received. The two rambunctious boys were always wreaking some sort of havoc, which kept her running ragged. Unfortunately, the pale woman found that they sometimes caused a little too much trouble, leaving her slumberous, and in desperate need of some alone time. She would never complain, of course, because looking after them was nothing compared to what they gave to her. 

Leaving the two behind with specific instructions to stay together, and avoid strangers, the woman meandered through the trees, enjoying the brief moments of silence before she was once again bombarded with things like 'fucksake' and 'oy dickhead'. A smile graced her lips, followed immediately by a loud yawn. Gods if she didn't get some sleep soon, she might end up passing out. 

She hadn't walked more than a half a mile when the panic-induced cries of another pierced the air. Wildly, her ears swung to pinpoint the sound, and her body moved towards it. Closing in on the sound, Maia felt the knot in her stomach tighten. Fear, and anxiety had her debating whether or not she would even confront the stranger. She'd take a peek, at least, see how much danger the woman was in, and decide from there. If her services weren't necessary, well, then she wouldn't have to brave the uncharted territory and announce her arrival.

Dandelion eyes poked out from the bushes, her ears already pinned to the sides of her head. The stranger hadn't lied, it seemed that she really was stuck. Oh gods, oh gods, what to do? Switching her weight from one fore-paw to the other, she contemplated leaving. The dark woman would figure it out eventually, wouldn't she?

So she'd leave then. Fine. Perfect. Wonderful. Maia walked about four steps, before turning back, and repeating the process once more. She couldn't leave the woman to face the mud alone. If anything bad happened to her then the pale fae would never forgive herself. "I.. I'm here. Don't uh, don't worry."

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Rosalind - May 25, 2017

[dohtml]
Mature language warninggg

There was almost nothing Rosalind hated more on this earth than mud, especially oddly thick mud. Good thing she was glued right smack-dab in some, right? And it had the consistency of slime, even better. What a perfect day. What a perfect fucking day. Though at least her recent screams of disapproval were enough to gain her some attention! Seemingly out of nowhere a stranger approached offering words of reassurance. Around her age, creamy color palette, super pretty, fuck! And here Ro was, covered in /wet dirt! The fae could feel her face flush, she immediately avoided eye contact. 'No, no, no.. Go away. Just go.. away..' But she wasn't going anywhere, was she?

"T-T-T-Thank-k, y-y-you... I-I-I'm.. S-Stuck.." The raven stammered, face getting hotter by the second. Of course she was stuck! How about offering up some information the stranger wasn't already aware of?! "It's m-mud.." What. No kidding. 'Just shut up!! Shut up! Idiot!' Ten seconds in and the fae was already just about ready to start crying. "I-I'm sorry, you knew that already.. I'm sorry, thank you.." She whispered. 'Stop. Just stop. Calm down. Deep breathing. Remember? Deep Breathing. Inhale. Exhale. Shh. It's okay, see? Don't scare her away or you'll die here.'

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Maia - May 30, 2017

[dohtml]

Resisting the urge to lower herself into a submissive stance, the woman edged forward, focusing entirely on the situation before her. There was a lot of mud, and she would have to be careful lest she find herself in the same predicament. Bright eyes swept over their immediate surroundings, hoping to find a stick that would not only be long enough, but thick enough to hold the weight. Frowning when one didn't present itself immediately, Maia moved a little closer.

The dark woman seemed to stammer over her words in a way that was all too familiar to the creamy girl, which caused Maia's ears to prick forward just a little bit more. Ignoring the play-by-play of the very obvious situation, the yearling offered up a simple,
 "Oh, don't, um, don't mention i-it." before letting her ears fall back atop her crown. "I'm gunna go, um no! Not go. I'm, I mean, I'm g-going t-to um, to get somethin' to ge-get you out." She felt the usual heat flushing hot below her skin, clearly intent on boiling her alive. Gods why couldn't she just be normal for one second? One measly second, so that the woman in front of her didn't die laughing. Ugh, okay. Find a stick. She could do it. 

Turning, with a little more force than necessary, and stumbling ever so slightly, she was off. "A stick. A stick. A stick. Nope, not big enough." They were in the middle of the freaking forest, and she couldn't find a decent sized tree limb? It was just her luck. Sighing, Maia moved on, searching dutifully for anything that might be of use. 

She'd had such a difficult time finding something to use, that when her dandelion eyes finally fell on a passable branch, it was as if the very heavens themselves had opened up. Grabbing the thick limb between her jowls, and filled with just a little bit of pride, the woman broke out into a run. The whole scenario was short-lived however, because when Maia finally came close enough to see the stranger stuck in the mud, the ends of the branch struck trees on either side, which forced the creamy woman to a very dramatic halt. God damn it. Why her? Why always her?

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Rosalind - May 30, 2017

[dohtml]

Whether it be luck or her company's own possible oblivious tendencies, the pretty fae seemingly paid no mind to how unbelievably cringe-worthy Ro's choice in words had been up until now. Rather, she expressed to the raven that she'd be leaving for a bit to find a way to help! Actually, wasn't the girl a bit awkward herself? "O-Okay! I-I-I'll be here.." Another obvious statement from the great Rosalind Tainn. Well done. "O-Or I mean, Y-you know.." She sighed, watching the creamy yearling tumble away. 'W-what if she.. Doesn't come back.. How long should I wait before I start calling for help again..?' Sure it was a worst-case scenario, but it was still plausible. Especially considering how idiotic she'd been acting since the girls arrival. 'D-don't think like that. She'll be back.. Probably..'

Rosalind hadn't been paying much attention to her surroundings so much as she was still struggling around to free herself from the demon-mud, but that definitely came to a change after hearing some sort of.. Thud? Now alert, the fae quickly glanced up to study the cause of the abrupt noise. It was the girl! Ouch, that looked.. Painful. "O-O-Oh my Gods! A-A-Are you Okay?!" She screeched, wanting nothing more than to go console the girl. But alas, she was still stuck.

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Maia - May 30, 2017

[dohtml]
First sentence is "I'm fine.", second is "Here grab it." xD

Russet ears folded down, pinned once more to her pale head as the stranger worried over her. Gods, why was every single thing she ever did so embarrassing? Maia was sure that her luck was the absoloute worst. No, it was even worse than that. She was cursed. Stupid, clumsy, scared, cursed. Those four words were probably the best descriptors she could offer should someone ask what she was like. "Uh I'ng, I'ng hine"

Sighing, the woman backed up to turn the branch sideways so she could slip through the trees. Her second attempt went flawlessly, and she was able to make her way to the edge of the mud. Careful not to step in it, Maia extended one end towards the stranger. "'ere, uh g-grag ith." was all she was able to say with the thick branch still between her jowls. 

Unfortunately, the girl over-swung, and had to step forward to catch herself. The mud squelched beneath her weight, swallowing her up until she was nearly chest deep. Thank gods it was just one leg. Embarrassed yet again, the woman jerked backwards, freeing herself with more than a little effort. Wildly, her eyes swung to the woman. Would.. would she be able to free herself? Would Maia be able to pull her up alone? 

Well, there was only one way to find out. A little more careful this time, Maia swung the branch toward the dark woman.

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Rosalind - May 30, 2017

[dohtml]

What came next was inaudible, though nevertheless the murky fae decided to pass it off as the company expressing just how 'okay' she was. For she continued forward regardless of how painful the event seemed. The mood seemed different now, though. Was the cute yearling irritated? And was it Ro's fault? 'Shh, no. It's in you're head. It's just in you're head, she's fine..' The Tainn repeated to herself, trying to subdue yet another panic attack. 'Even though you're the sole reason why that happened. But I'm sure it's fine and I'm sure she doesn't resent you for it at al- Stop.'

The next sentence to leave the strangers mouth was just as  in-distinctive, however her actions told Ro that perhaps she needed to clench onto the branch in front of her. "O-O-Okay, Y-Yeah.." eagerly obliging to the instruction, the inky yearling went ahead and grabbed onto the earthy object, patiently awaiting what could only be assumed as a rather stressful series of tugs and flailing. 'I'm gonna owe her big time after this! L-like.. I'm gonna have t' hunt her down a rabbit, or something! Oh! I don't even know her name yet! Oh no, how rude of me, oh jeez!'

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Maia - Jun 01, 2017

[dohtml]

Maia waited for the dark woman to grip the branch between her teeth before adding a quick, "Ong hree.". Taking a deep breath, she began the countdown. "Un." Would she be strong enough? "Thoo." Probably not. She was built for speed not strength. It was up to the stranger now, and whether or not she could manage to free herself with the little bit of support the creamy yearling could offer her. "Hree." 

Jerking back while digging her nails into the soft Earth below, Maia felt her front paws sliding forward, looking for some sort of purchase. Knowing that they would find none, she made sure to redistribute her weight so that most of her strength came from the rear. Still, the dark fae was dead weight, and her limbs hadn't even freed themselves. Why couldn't the Gods have granted her strength instead of speed? 

Saliva drenched the end of the branch as she pulled, so much so that she feared she might lose her own grip. This forced Maia to bite down even harder, leaving dents as her canines pushed into the bark. 'Don't let it crack, don't let it crack.' Was all she could think as her muscles strained against the weight.

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Rosalind - Jun 14, 2017

[dohtml]

On the count of three the pretty fae began to pull at the stick. Ro's grip was sturdy enough, however the mud seemingly had no intentions of releasing her limbs anytime soon. Panic really began to sink in then, what if this didn't work? Rosalind would be left to die, because what else could the stranger possibly do? And her whole life would of been all for nothing. What a waste, however the young Tainn couldn't really ever see it going any other way to begin with, she just thought she'd make it a few more years. Struggling with all her might, eventually the yearling could finally begin to feel the gross wet dirt give way. They were making progress. Nah, she couldn't give up now!

The stranger seemingly gripped tighter, and maybe that somehow did the trick because Rosalind was beginning to slide out of the mud much more successfully now! One paw, now two! Her front legs had been freed! She wasted no time in placing them back on the hard earth before her, making sure not to let go of the branch just yet. Three, just one more! Aand, there! She was free! Stumbling into safety, the raven finally released the branch. "Y-You did it!! Thank you!!" She grinned.

[/dohtml]

RE: Blood Sweat and Tears - Maia - Jun 14, 2017

[dohtml]

The ache in her muscles grew stronger with every jerk, but she wouldn't give up! Not until she could no longer grip the branch, or she collapsed from the effort. She couldn't let the mud swallow Rosalind up. No, not today.

Her optimism was rewarded quickly as one of Rosalind's limbs freed itself, then the another. Surely the Gods must be looking down on them favorably, because the rest of her body sprung free only moments later. Panting breathlessly, Maia let go of the branch, and finally allowed her rear end to fall to the ground. They did it! They really did it! Now this girl wouldn't have to die in the mud pit, and Maia wouldn't have to live the rest of her life knowing that she let it happen. Man, adrenaline was no joke.

"D-don't th-thank me. I'm just g-glad you're okay." She smiled up at Rosalind, though her eyes were careful not to meet the woman's gaze. Regardless of the fact that Maia just saved her life, that could still be considered a sign of aggression. Of course, it would be ridiculous to assume that the wolf who just saved your life was up to no good, but you never know.

[/dohtml]