Ruins of Wildwood
Lavender Ethos the world looks down and frowns - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VIII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+---- Thread: Lavender Ethos the world looks down and frowns (/showthread.php?tid=15565)

Pages: 1 2

RE: the world looks down and frowns - Inna - Oct 03, 2017

[dohtml]

She would be lying if she said she wasn't worried about Risaela being so close to Aleksei during her time in wild rye. She knew first hand how he could speak and act just so to where everyone felt sorry for him and wanted to take care of him. They would believe his promises and in the end those would be broken. He would cast his judgment, do his damage and then leave breaking any promise he ever made. Inna could not hold back her thoughts on this so voiced them and then waited to be told not to worry once more. It came though Lachesis was sure Alek would try and do as Inna said he would. The words that followed only made the Raven want to yell at the man. It didn't matter how smart Risa was, she would fall for it just as Inna once had and she would be hurt. Inna huffed frustrated that Lachesis wasn't listening, “I hope you're right I can't lose another sibling,” she finally said keeping any other thoughts to herself. She felt that her mistake at the rye borders had cost her more than just a punishment.

She hoped confessing to breaking her punishment and apologizing for it would help her situation. She didn't know and wondered if maybe she should have just kept it to herself, whatever she had lost she did not feel she was going to get it back. Lachesis was curious about their visitor, who he was, where he was from. Inna had answered his questions and the next question of what he wanted. “He came to see my mother, he asked for Kisla,” she replied, “That's when I had no choice but to tell him she was gone.” Inna then waited quietly for Lachesis’ reaction to her answer.

[/dohtml]
~Table by Jacqueline

RE: the world looks down and frowns - Lachesis - Oct 08, 2017

[dohtml]

“You won’t,” he responded quickly, his voice deep; assertive. The raven seemed reluctant to believe him but Lachesis doubted Aleksei’s abilities to poison the little Baranski’s mind. Her older brother was nothing but a wolf she used to know; nothing but a shadow in her memories. Despite being young and impressionable Risaela knew where her home was. XIX did not worry that she wouldn’t return. The golden fields to the west were new and exciting, yes, but they were not home. The wolves who inhabited the rye-soaked fields were not family. She would return. Even if Aleksei tried to plant some seeds in her head, Lachesis knew she wouldn’t listen. He just wished Inna was as confident in the silver-eyed pup as he was.

Lachesis had wished he had intercepted the male himself, for he would have liked to know why he had been looking for the matriarch. A frown cut across his maw. There was nothing he could do about it know. He could head south and seek out the male himself, but Ice’s visit north had saved the river wolves a trip to Kisla’s former home. For now, anyway. “They needed to know,” he responded with a sigh as he voiced his thoughts aloud, his ears quivering. “It’s unfortunate he had to find out that way. Had your mother ever mentioned him before?”

[/dohtml]

RE: the world looks down and frowns - Inna - Oct 08, 2017

[dohtml]

She had admitted something to Lachs that she felt she shouldn't, it should have been kept to herself but then someone who supposedly knew her so well should know her fear. He was quick to respond and that threatened to set her off. How did he know what was going on with Risa when he hadn't seen her? How could he know what alek was saying to her little sister? And how could he promise something he had joined control over? She narrowed her eyes at him meeting his chartreuse gaze, “I wish I could he as confident as you are.” It was all she said because she feared anything else would only get her in further trouble. She didn't want more of a punishment than she already had, her world felt like it was spinning out of control and there was nothing to stop it.

Lachesis was curious about the bend wolf that she had encountered at the Hearthwood border. Inna herself was rather curious and not about why.the man had come. He was from the bend and her mother had family there, that seemed perfectly normal to Inna. “Yes they did,” she agreed when the pale leader spoke of the bend needing to know, “I know she had family there and I hope to one day meet them.” The Raven’s head tilted to one side as Lachesis went on asking her questions about Ice. Had her mother ever mentioned him, Inna shook her head, “No, she did not. I never had the chance to speak to her about our family in the bend.” That was one thing she regretted when her mother was concerned and why she was so angry with herself for messing things up so thoroughly with Jessie.

[/dohtml]
~Table by Jacqueline

RE: the world looks down and frowns - Lachesis - Oct 18, 2017

fade with your next post? i'd like to get this wrapped up <3 :)

[dohtml]

Truthfully Lachesis had forgotten about their southern neighbours. It was a long trek to the Bend—even longer than it was to visit the golden fields to the west. The river wolves had always remained on good terms with them due to Kisla’s family ties and XIX hoped that her death would not change that. He wished that he could have met with the male himself, or that Inna would have called for him regardless of her being worried of getting into trouble. Perhaps he would have scolded her behind the scenes, especially since it had occurred almost immediately after he had given her a punishment, but he would have preferred to speak with Ice himself.

He nodded gently at the raven’s words, a line still present between his narrowed brows. “Thank you for telling me,” he responded after a brief pause, his ears pinned forward as he studied the girl’s dark features. “I’m sure he’s just a relative or an old friend.” He shrugged. Lachesis was sure that the stranger—Ice—would share the news of Kisla’s death with the rest of the Bend wolves. While the ghost would have liked to deliver the news himself he knew it was not possible. Four days was a long way to travel and to be gone a week? It was not feasible. Not now.

“I better check in on Lilya,” he added with a soft smile as he motioned toward the dens, “and relieve her of puppy duty.” He dipped his head toward the raven as he dismissed himself, his tail swaying gently behind him as he padded toward his mate’s den. 

[/dohtml]

RE: the world looks down and frowns - Inna - Oct 18, 2017

Faded and archived.

[dohtml]

The meeting with Ice had been an emotional one and despite all that it had brought up she was glad to have been the one to meet the man at the border. Kisla was her mother and no matter how hard it was for her to tell others of her fate it was her duty as the last remaining Baranski child in Hearthwood. In some ways she was glad to have done it because it forced her to say that her mother was dead out loud. When speaking with her daughter she had said it gently in a way the Oksana would understand, she'd been so young. To admit it to someone else it was like telling herself. It made it more real and maybe it would help her to move toward accepting it.

The Raven nodded when Lachesis thanked her, “I felt you needed to know,” she stated. As the Leader he had a right to know about their visitor and to know that she had broken her punishment. Inna was however surprised that he had not added to the punishment she already had. At this point it wouldn't have mattered whatever punishment the pale leader wouldn't have compared to anything she was already putting herself through or what she was going through. “I am sure that was what he was,” she stated but she also felt there was more to it. She didn't want to say because she didn't have proof but she was almost certain of her suspicions. Most of all she understood her mother keeping the truth to herself, it was Kisla's secret and Inna knew what it was like to have someone else blabber your secrets. Her mother was dead but she had a loyalty to her that no one could break.

Inna nodded as he dismissed himself and waited until he'd gone before slipping in the forest. She went back to her den and settled in until she would need to leave for her pup sitting duties.

Fade

[/dohtml]
~Table by Jacqueline