Ruins of Wildwood
The Wildwood A New Land, A New Home? - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: The Wildwood A New Land, A New Home? (/showthread.php?tid=1585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A New Land, A New Home? - Kanosak - Jan 17, 2012

Kanosak had lost track of how long he had been wandering alone. He had taken his fathers advise and traveled north, to the place where his mothers ancestors roamed. He looked back at his time with his birth pack with a wistful longing. He had never gone hungry, never been forced to sleep in the rain, never had to run from an enemy because he knew he had the rest of the packs protection.

He had seen the landscape change under his paws. From the dense forest where he grew up to the open plains where he had seen a great migration and had been powerless to take advantage of the plentiful food, to weak to even drag off a newborn caribou calf by himself. It was these times that he considered turning and returning to his family, but his grandmothers stubborn streak would kick in and he continued on.

He had climbed the snow peaked mountains and faced the blizzards they threw at him, and came out the other side to be pursued by the pack who's territory he had unwittingly trespassed on. He had lived off rabbits, rodents and lemmings for almost as long as he could remember.

He finally reached level ground again and found himself in a forest that looked so familiar yet so different. As he wandered he let his eyes roam up and around. The trees were different, the smells were different and yet he felt content. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a flash of grey and his attention turned to the...rabbit? It didn't quite look right it was the closest thing he knew. He crouched low and pounced, snapping its neck effectively. He could hardly remember the last time he had managed to catch something this large and gulped it down greedily.

It was time for a break anyway. He found a cool patch of shade and settled himself down, resting his head on his paws. He knew he shouldn't sleep but his eyes became heavy and it the more he fought it the harder it was to stay awake. A quick nap won't hurt... was the last thought to pass through his head before the blackness overtook him.

A New Land, A New Home? - Rebecca - Jan 17, 2012

She was so bored. Life had nothing new to her, she felt like she had seen it all already. Sulking Rebeccca wandered through the forest. Head low, stubborness shining powerfully in her eyes. Tail wagging up and down in irritation, rather down left and right. Mouth was slightly hanging open, revealing the deadly teeth in it. She was not on good mood. She hadn't been on the whole day. Rebecca had lost the fun from her life, at least the fun she was used to. The childish fun, chasing butterflies and that kind of stuff.

Causing rather loud noise while rumbling through the forest, jumping through bushes, attacking trees as she went. She would not leave the forest alone before it gave her something to do!

And as from order, she saw a male wolf sleeping. Halting quietly, head rising, ears perched forward, tail stiffened. Mouth was still open, but the stubborn look was placed with open curiosity. Silently she moved closer, sideways, left side pointing to the brute. Few feet away she halted, wagged her tail and yelped quietly. Somehow playful look in her yes. Head was lowered again, ears ponting to the brute, nose sniffing the air.

The playful yelp pulled him from his slumber. His golden eyes cracked open as he saw a black blur in front of him. "Not now Chulyin..." he mumbled flopping himself back on his side before he remembered he was no longer at home, and the black blur couldn't possibly be his young niece. He scrambled to his feet, his long honey coloured fur a ruffled mess. He took in the pose of the wolf in front of him and gauged her to be little threat, in fact it seemed as if she wanted to play.

Kanosak bowed down low with his rump in the air, tail wagging in invitation for whatever game she had to offer. She was the first non-hostile wolf he had met in a long time and his heart was singing with joy. He chuffed at her playfully, waiting for her to make the make the first move.

Smile widening across her face, head turning in odd angle as she took two small jumps closer. Tail wagging high, head pounding up again. No matter how adult she started to be, playing was something she never said no to. Growling playfully, joyfully, trotting few feet away, then making a quick spurt towards him, halting to his side. Tail rising higher along with her head, tongue hanging out. Jump and her front paws were on his back, tongue back in her mouth head rising, nose pointing to sky. First play moment in long time, the joy she got from it was outstanding. She felt alate.

"...When you'd cry I'd
wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd
fight away all of your fears

And I held your hand
through all of these years

But you still have
all of me..."
Rebecca sang to the air, not being able to stop the beatiful melody coming out. It was a song she had heard on her travels, song that had made a unfainting wonder to her heart. It was only part of the magnificent song, but it had swirled in her head since last night. Now it came out, voice so joyful and not sad as the song itself. Jumping over the brute, turning around and pointing her blue eyes to him. Why had he called her Chulyin?

Giggle from her mouth, scretching her back, ready to continue if he would decide so. Happiness of the old, familiar kind, the happines of playing strike in her like a spear. Smile wide, eyes shining. "Hello stranger!"

Kano cocked his head to the side as the strange wolf began to sing. The song was haunting and beautiful. He had never heard anything like it. When she suddenly giggled and said hello he felt the need to introduce himself but he was still caught up in the song.

"Heyaah I'muh..." he suddenly realised how ridiculous he must appear to the wolf in front of him. "I'm Kanosak, or just Kano... Sorry about the confusion before, I was half asleep and through half open eyes you looked like my niece but I see now that was a ridiculous comparison to draw..." he said with a small grin, picking up his disproportionatly large feet again and prancing playfully. He hadn't played since he left his birth pack.

Rebecca launched herself forward grabbing the fur on Kano's neck. Playful growling, little shaking of her head and she let go. "No problem Kanosak! I'm Rebecca Wheatear, Reba for short" she said with gleaming eyes, head up, tail wagging. Jumping away again, lowering her front body, tongue out of mouth again. Oh how she loved to play and talk at the same time! It was like an unpredicted dance, enchanted and powerful. Dance of two bodies, strangers, moving alone, still together. Oh, Rebecca, you are turning philosophical!

"You used to captivate me
by your resonating life

Now I'm bound by the life
you left behind

Your face it haunts
my once pleasant dreams

Your voice it chased away
all the sanity in me"
she had to release the melody. It was too strong to be held in, she was too happy to keep it. Clear voice, bright eyes, seemingly exploding by the last words. She had lately truly understood what they ment to her. How close in future it would be, she didn't know, but she had no doubt about it.

Her heart pounding on the rhythm of the game, muscles scretched, tightened, ready to pull her body whatever direction she wanted to know. She had the feeling that Kano would be her best play partner ever. kanosak was beatiful name...

Kano growled playfully as she continued to bounce around him and then she began to sing again. It was like a sirens song dragging him in with its haunting melody. He shook himself fiercely fluffing up his fur and making him seem so much larger than he really was. Playing with Reba was like a dance, he had never moved so intricately before in his life.

Eventually he saw his opening and launched himself at her, tackling her to the ground and rolling off laughing exposing his creamy belly to her and flipping around ridiculously like a fish on the bank of a river, his mouth open and tongue out in an attempt to draw out more of her beautiful laughter. When he finally rolled himself into a sitting position his fur was everywhere again and littered with twigs and leaves, he imagined he probably resembled an autumn porcupine.

Laughing with a bright tone, Rebecca rolled to her back. Kano had a beatiful coat indeed, long, honey, creamy. She had just boring black. Well, she actually liked her color, but Kanosak's was far more interesting. And more rare, as far as she understood. Staying on her back for a moment, watching as Kano did some odd movements, closing her eyes in light laughter. Then a deep breathe and pulling herself to sitting position. Eyes smiling, mouth grinning. Ah, Kano seemed to have some problems with his fur. Cute!

"These wounds
won't seem to heal

This pain is just
too real

There's just too much
that time cannot erase"

Her nose reached the sky again, voice gliding from her throat as she sang out her joy. This was a way Rebecca felt she was able to express it in the best way, though she had only lately learnt it. But it felt good, better than anything she had tried previously. Lowering her head again, pointing her light eyes to Kano's.

"I've tried so hard
to tell myself that you're gone

But though you're
still with me

I've been alone all along"

Standing up and walking in front of Kano, then sitting again. Moving her muzzle forward, nose pushing gently against his.

Kano's ears shot forward and his eyes widened in shock. A dopey grin covered his face as he chuckled nervously. He was at a loss of what to do. "So uh... You like to sing?" he said nervously. He hadn't moved away and her nose was still pushed against his lightly. He went cross eyed staring at the point their bodies connected and wondered if he should pull away but it felt good to have contact with another wolf.

Rebecca moved her head slightly backwards, looking like nothing had happened. Still she had a inscrutable look in the depths of her eyes. Though she was calm from outside, inside there was a storm of feelings. Reba was stunned that she could actually hid her feelings so well. But let's take a trip to her mind...

Oh my, why did I do that? It was nice to play after long time, but did you seriously ment that? What are you doing? It... Felt good, right? Yes it did... Help! What is this?! Why do I feel like this? Am I going crazy or something? No, I'm crazy already, you can't be double crazy...... I think... Am I in love? Isn't it impossible after so short time? I don't know, don't ask me!!!

As you can see, she was pretty lost with herself. Talking to herself inside her mind, answering to herself, arguing with herself. What to do? Sing.

"When you'd cry I'd
wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd
fight away all of your fears

And I held your hand
through all of these years

But you still have
all of me."
the same notes as in the beginning of her song filled the air, this time her voice much more tense, little shattering. Eyes darkening, tail slowing down slightly, ears turning to sides, giving a sheepish look. Small, shy smile on her face. Now the storm was seen out as well...
"I think so... At least I've done it quite a lot lately"