Ruins of Wildwood
Hearthwood River loving can mend your soul - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VIII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+---- Thread: Hearthwood River loving can mend your soul (/showthread.php?tid=16473)

Pages: 1 2

loving can mend your soul - Lilya - Jan 04, 2018

[dohtml]

She felt as if it’d been a moment alone with her husband – seeking him out later in the night than she was willing to admit that she was still up for. There were some nightmares that not even the strongest of Lachesis’s stores could keep away, after all, and after one of those, all she needed was his comfort and embrace. It was funny, because a year ago her response would not have been the same. Her response would have been to shy away from others in order to protect them… she knew better now, of course. Instead, however, she’d calmed herself down as to not have him raise his alarm when she did find him, and went out to seek him out. Tiptoeing her way through the territory, trying not to make too much noise, she followed his scent. “Lach?” She murmured once she knew she was getting close to him.

They had much to discuss, she was sure. Leaders always did and while they did have this connection, their conversation hardly ever covered their personal feelings… but perhaps they could just take a step back from all that, even if it was just for a little while longer.

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lachesis - Jan 05, 2018

[dohtml]

He was growing restless among the towering cedars he’d once adored. Shortly after claiming the land he and the former patriarch, Maksim, had sat down and discussed the move. Planned on growing grey among the red giants and spending their final days alongside the river. But now Lachesis couldn’t stand the place. While there were plenty of good memories in Hearthwood there was also a collection of bad ones. The Stark was ready for a fresh start—one that he should have happened months ago after the death of his friend and partner, Kisla.

The scent of his mate pulled him away from his thoughts, his chartreuse gaze searching through the sea of trees to find the brilliant sapphire pools he adored so much. Her voice came next, a soft call echoing through the forest, pulling him forward. It did not take him long to reach her—a few long strides and her tawny frame came into sight, his features softening as he approached her. Immediately his nose went to hers, his cheek brushing alongside her neck as he greeted her.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Jan 05, 2018

Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lilya - Jan 12, 2018

[dohtml]
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

She couldn’t help the soft smile that fell on her maw at the feeling of his touch, her cheek nuzzling his neck softly in return as he was greeting her. It was funny, because a year ago, such advances would have been so unwelcomed, and perhaps might have scared the veteran off in denial of her feelings. Now? Now they made her feel liberated and free from the demons that liked to linger in her mind. With that look on yer face just a moment ago, Ah would have thought you’d ‘ave been at th’lake.

The lake they had dubbed Lake Worry, their kingdom in which he was the king and she was the queen. It wasn’t just for worrying, occasionally it could be for just thinking – it was like she could hear him thinking a mile away. She leaned against him softly for a second before posing the question. What’s in that amazin’ head of yers this time?

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lachesis - Jan 19, 2018

[dohtml]

He rolled his eyes at her comment, a cheeky lopsided grin unfolding across his pale features as he pulled his maw away from her plush fur. Perhaps he should have gone for a stroll along the lake… he could still entice his mate to join him, for the pair frequented the shores just as often as they visited the river that cut through their territory. He nipped at her cheek in response, his tail swaying gently behind him. She knew him all too well—his mind was constantly plagued by an endless sea of worry. Not even a few quiet moments with his mate could subdue them completely. Just thinking, he hummed in response as he settled in beside her, his shoulder pressed against hers.

Are you happy here? He asked all of a sudden, his chartreuse gaze flicking in her direction as he observed her quietly. It was a bold question, but one that had been festering in his mind for days. Weeks. Because he did not know his own answer to the question. Happiness was not impossible among the towering cedars, Lachesis knew that. His children and mate were healthy and flourishing. The pack had not succumbed to its grief—not yet. They were still standing. Persevering. As always. But it didn’t feel right, not anymore. And he wanted to make sure he wasn’t the only one feeling that way, for he did not want to push something upon his mate (and his packmates) if he was the only one feeling so glum.

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lilya - Jan 31, 2018

[dohtml]
I'm faded away, you know, I used to be on fire

Of all the people she could say she knew, she'd like to think that it was Lachesis whom she knew best. His 'just thinking' ended up being some intricate web of thoughts that few could dissect without him telling them what was going on. Her head tilted slightly to the side when he commented, the question soon following off his maw that took her back for a moment. Ah think... as long as I 'ave ya n'the kids... that's all it'll take fer me ta be happy. Once upon a time that might not have been the case. She might have admitted yes or no rather than just an ivasive answer... except it wasn't. It was true - as long as she had Lach, and Lil, and Lav... well, that was all she really needed.

Do Ah think the pack is happy here? That is another story... They weren't, or if they were... well, very few seemed to show it. Ah think everyone 'as been hit hard by th'tragedies of th'past year... don't know if anyone is truly 'appy here... if you are...

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lachesis - Feb 02, 2018

[dohtml]

A soft smile tumbled onto his pale features as she answered. He pressed his nose to her cheek, a warmth consuming him with her words. You’re stuck with me for good, he hummed into her fur before pulling away, his chartreuse gaze studying her darker features as he spoke. He, too, felt the same. Even if Hearthwood had crumbled around them he would be happy as long as Lilya and the twins were at his side.

Her question earned a concerned expression from the older male, the corners of his mouth tightening. No, he answered honestly, his chin tipped to the side. The newcomers, they don’t know any different. They’ll be happy wherever they go, he added, his shoulders rolling in a soft shrug as he spoke, but the rest of us… there’s too many ghosts here. His grim expression remained as a sour taste filled his mouth, the frown still present on his dark lips. I’m not happy here, but I am happy with you. And the twins. And the pack. He sighed, his peridots falling to the forest around them. But I think it’s time for change. He couldn’t stand the towering cedars anymore—the woods felt more like a prison than a home and he did not want their next litter to grow up surrounded by grief and haunting memories. Maksim would understand—he hoped. As much as he wanted to keep Hearthwood alive in memory of his fallen friend Lachesis couldn’t sacrifice his own happiness.

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lilya - Feb 03, 2018

[dohtml]
broken bottles on the floor

She offered a soft smile, her eyes as kind and caring as they might have been the first time she had a genuine conversation with him – she’d seen hell and she knew that look in others eyes. Perhaps it might not be quite that look yet, but she knew if they stayed much longer, his paws would itch just as hers had during the war, calling him away. Ah wouldn’t ‘ave it any other way. She insisted again with a soft smirk. He went on to answer her questions and the queen sighed softly, nodding. They might not know the tragedy like we do, but Ah’m willin’ ta bet they sense somethin’ is off with th’rest of us.

They were all smart enough to know that not everyone was happy. Ah ‘ave ta agree… we need ta move.” Her duty, the one thing she was going to do in Kisla’s memory, was make sure that no one suffered when they called themselves a member of the River, or, at the least, a subordinate under herself and Lachesis. They all deserved better than that. Ah think Kisla n’Maksim might ‘ave wanted us to… wanted us ta be happy, ta keep the pack happy too… She tried to assure him, guessing at what was going through that head of his. Besides, we can always come back… visit them… tell them ‘bout th’crazy shit that th’kids and members do…

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lachesis - Feb 06, 2018

[dohtml]

His mate had a point. Even though the newcomers were not aware of the tragedy that had fallen into the laps of the river wolves surely they could tell that something wasn’t right with the existing members. That their shoulders sagged as they walked and that there was no shine to their eyes. It was a miracle that they were even able to attract members with all the baggage they carried, but for that he was thankful. Hearthwood needed the numbers, especially if they were to move and have another litter of puppies to tend to in the spring.

He hoped.

He had been a better father this time and hoped to have more children before he turned old(er) and grey(er).

The thought of leaving their son, Laddeus, behind weighed heavily in the back of his mind. But he would make sure they kept close. That way they could come back and visit whenever they wanted. I think so, too, he hummed in agreement, a soft smile spreading across his pale features. I’d like to stay close. I like being in the north. We were the first to settle here so I don’t want to stray too far, he added, his chartreuse gaze settling on his tawny mate. I told Aytigin to keep an eye out for locations. The tundra is empty now, but I’m partial to the rivers. He shrugged. Lachesis had hopped from river to river in the past; he did not mind moving to another. Rivers were the source of life—food would always be bountiful if they kept close to water. 

[/dohtml]

RE: loving can mend your soul - Lilya - Feb 06, 2018

[dohtml]
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

Lilya smiled softly at him as he shared his thoughts aloud. Perhaps we could go ta Lake Worry? We could be th’Worrywart Cove or somethin’. She teased softly with a wide grin that grew a tad more mischievous. Ah like th’North… reminds me of th’better parts of home. Of course, by home, she meant her old home… before she knew about any war and saw the fields in front of her stained red with the blood of her family… before the pain, and the loss… just as it would likely remind the River wolves of their old home before all of the tragedy that had befallen them.

To know Aytigin was on the case, she was confident their home would be befitting of their personalities and desires. She knew that the way Ayti had met both her and Lachesis was a tad (and by a tad she meant hella) unconventional but he’d proven himself loyal to the pair. She considered him to be a part of the family, like a brother to her and Lachesis. Then Ah’m confident he’ll find us a fantastic place. She assured him with a smile. Ah reckon he's partial ta th'river as well.

[/dohtml]