Ruins of Wildwood
Driftwood Surge Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Driftwood Surge Driftwood Surge Pack Thread (/showthread.php?tid=16776)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Lachesis - Feb 21, 2018

A smile tugged at his pale features at her arrival. The russet Myrddin was certainly looking better than she had when he had stumbled upon her and Emrys in the fjord. He knew that staying with Driftwood had hindered their search for their children but Lachesis also knew that continuing their search could have been detrimental to the pair. Regardless of whether they decided to stay permanently in the Surge, or relocate once they regained their health, Lachesis was just happy to help. It had been a long time since he had seen the pack so full and he was growing accustom to seeing so many bodies moving around.

”Jynx,” he greeted her warmly, his chartreuse gaze sweeping her scarlet features, ”I hope I didn’t disturb you.” But, he was the boss. Disturbing others was what he did best. Especially when he needed them to do things he was incapable of doing. ”I was wondering if you’d like to stretch your legs a bit?” He asked, his chin tipping to the side as he studied her for a moment. ”Only if you’re feeling better, of course.” He did not want to push her before she was ready. It had already been a hassle to get her to stay in Driftwood and rest. If she wasn’t feeling up to it he would send another in her place.

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Jynx - Feb 21, 2018

[dohtml]

To say her mind was completely made up in regard to her stay here, would be a lie. She honestly didn't know if she would be leaving or staying. So she stuck with her best bet in playing it day by day, seeing what panned out. Should she track down her children in the future, her presence in Driftwood may well be determined by the circumstances in which she found them. If they were alive and well, grown enough to be away from their parents side, then perhaps she could live with a little distance between themselves. She'd wait and see, until and if that day came.

Her relaxed posture indicated that she did not mind in the least that Lachesis had requested an audience with her. She had the experience of knowing what it was like to be both a leader and a subordinate. An added bonus was that she always welcomed the ghostly males company. "Not at all." She assured, reclining back on her haunches to let him elaborate. As he did, her chin tipped down thoughtfully, eyes kept up. "What do you got in mind?" The smile on her maw remained and she gave her spine a satisfying stretch. "I'm feeling much better. A little fidgety, but fully recouped." Driftwood was home for now. And so long as Lachesis was here, she saw little reason to stray elsewhere. They both shared a common goal here. A sense of unity. One she missed and was looking forward to try and re-kindle.

[/dohtml]

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Lachesis - Feb 21, 2018

His tail wagged at her response, his pale features soft as she settled back onto her hindquarters. He didn’t doubt for a second that the former queen would be eager to get back on her feet, especially with her children still missing. Part of him felt bad, for using her willingness to travel for his own personal use, but he thought the venture south would help with the search of her missing cubs. And it would notify their southern neighbours of their relocation. Two birds, one stone. Or one Jynx.

Truthfully, he had missed her presence. The two wolves had always gotten along swimmingly in the past, and he’d considered her a close friend during their time together. She had even grown close to his nephew, Karpos. During her absence the ghost had gone searching for her a few times, but he had struggled in finding a trail to follow. It seemed, however, that the scarlet had found a home elsewhere. A place where she belonged. He couldn’t fault her for that. The river wasn’t the right home for everyone; he knew that. But it didn’t stop him from missing her.

He’d been ecstatic to learn that she was so close, in the Notch, and that she had even formed a close relationship with a friend of his. And now the Myrddin had come full circle; she had found her way back to the river. Perhaps that was where se was supposed to be. For now, anyway. ”I’m glad to hear that,” he mused in response, the smile on his pale features genuine. ”I’d like to notify Oak Tree Bend of our move. Kisla was from there, so we’ve maintained a neutral relationship with them.” His ears twitched at the mention of his former co-lead. ”It’s about two day’s travel south. I thought it’d give you a chance to scout for Arwyn and Elayn as well.”

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Jynx - Feb 21, 2018

[dohtml]

Ah, so she was right to think that he had sought her out for a reason. A responsible leader gave their subordinates purpose. Tasks to further each wolfs potential. But an attentive leader who cared more for than just the "rules and regulations" in his pack also expressed interest in the personal relations with each wolf loyal to him. Hearthwood had never been just some tightly run ship and neither was Driftwood. It was a family oriented pack, with the best interest of each wolf at heart. A quality that she liked and missed, once Gent and Raela had taken their leave from the Notch.

"A sensible move." She commented in agreement. "It's always wise to keep your allies up to date on any changes." That she and Emrys knew well, both having taken measures to notify their neighbors of the change in leadership in the Notch. He offered her the opportunity to get out and stretch by delivering such news. She was on the same wavelength as he was, in that it would be the perfect time to search for her children, as he said. "Consider it done." Her golden eyes flicked skywards in a brief moment of thoughtfulness. "Come to think of it, in all my time I've called the Lore home, I have not once explored the eastern side." She looked at him again, her smile wry. "This will be good for me. I leave tomorrow, if that's alright?"

[/dohtml]

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Lachesis - Feb 22, 2018

end interaction w/ your post? <3

He did not know if there was still a relationship between the river wolves and Oak Tree Bend, for the distance between them prevented him from bonding with the leaders (or their subordinates). But, just in case, he wanted to remain on good terms with them. His former leader—friend—had been from the Bend and was persistence on securing an alliance with them. But, with her death, he did not know if that still stood. Regardless, he figured they should know about the move, just in case they needed to send a scout to the north. ”Thank you,” he hummed in response, his tone genuine as he flashed her a brilliant smile. It was nice having her back, whether it was permanently or not. He’d always gotten along with the russet female and had spent countless hours searching for her after her disappearance. After learning that she had settled in the Notch, alongside his friend, Lachesis had been relived. She deserved every ounce of happiness that came her way, which was why XIX was so distraught over the disappearance of her children. He, too, had lost his first litter. Both of them seeking out adventure beyond Hearthwood. At least one had returned, letting the anxious father know that he was alive and doing well. It was the second child he worried about—for neither Lachesis or Kyrios knew where she had gone. 

”It’s been a long time since I’ve been that far south,” he admitted, the corners of his eyes crinkling in amusement. ”The north, in my opinion, is much nicer.” He shrugged, a small laugh accompanying his words. He was an Arctic—he’d always be biased when it came to the north. ”Let them know that if they still seek an alliance with us we will honour it.” There was no reason for them not to be civil, even if a stretch of forest (and another pack) stood between them. ”Yes, that’s perfectly fine.”

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Jynx - Mar 01, 2018

Works for me.

[dohtml]

"I am already starting to like it here." She agreed with his opinion about the north. "I may yet give it a decent shot." She ended with an amused laugh and an amicable wink towards her friend. The beauty of the Notch had always been challenging. Hearthwood and Cedarwood were very much alike in that they could often feel too closed in for her tastes at times. Maybe if she did have a change of heart and decide to stay, this could be the very place she'd spend the rest of her years. She had been born a lone wolf and forced to live the wondering style of one. It would be nice to finally put down permanent roots somewhere for a change.

With the arrangements made and settled, all Jynx had to do was rest comfortably overnight and get an early start. Lachesis mentioned that their southern neighbors may still wish to maintain the alliance between them and the pack that was now Driftwood Surge. A sudden thought popped in her head then. Where was Kisla? The former Alphess she was just starting to befriend before she was torn away from Hearthwood. She hadn't seen her at all, and certainly not at the meeting. This was a curiosity that she decided she would settle later, after her return. "Of course I will." She said with assured confidence. With her pale friend fine with her leaving tomorrow, she rose to her feet. The sooner the better, she figured. "Thank you Lach. I'm glad you offered me this little errand." Brushing by him with an easy smile, she excused herself and headed off to notify her mate of her temporary absence.

Fade

[/dohtml]

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Risaela - Mar 16, 2018

Ris had been wanting to get away for a long time now. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the Surge, or the wolves in it... it was just way too big and she needed a break so badly. So the young wolf padded in a circle, working up her courage and trying to figure out what she needed to say and ask for before she called for Lachesis to come and meet her.

The silvery girl shifted her weight, waiting for the white alpha to show up before she asked. ”Hi, Uncle Lach,” she began, proud of her fading stutter. ”Um... it’s been v-very tense lately here, a-and I wanted to be able to leave for a l-little bit, if tha-that’s okay? I’ll come ba-ack, I promise... i just need t-to go for a while,” she admitted, her head low and tail wagging slowly. ”I want to s-see more of the Lore, too...”

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Lachesis - Mar 17, 2018

Lachesis always tried to be quick when responding to the cals of his subordinates. Especially when the call belonged to a particular silver-eyed girl, who the ghost had grown increasingly worried about. Since the girl had returned with the grey yearling she had grown absent; detached. He knew she did not adapt well to change and feared he might be the reason why she had become distant. After the death of her mother he had taken her, and her brother, under his wing and did his best to protect them (and raise them as well as Kisla would have). But had he done something wrong this time?

He listened patiently as the girl spoke, his ears cupped forward and his brows tight with concern. She wanted to leave, for a little bit she claimed. He didn’t like the idea of her being alone, out in the Lore, but she was almost a yearling. Despite being timid the girl was capable of taking care of herself. ”Where will you go first?” He asked, his tone soft and level.

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Mako - Apr 03, 2018

On slightly trembling limbs Mako staggered in towards the den, his rib cage still heaving and tongue still flopping in the air with the earlier excretion. Sturdy legs ached from chasing a lone doe hither and yon all morning just for the hell of it. She'd slipped away in the end, but that hadn't really mattered to him, and catching her hadn't been the goal. He just needed something to occupy his mind, and the distraction of the dull burn in his limbs felt good, in a way. He'd be stronger for it, and maybe he'd catch her, next time. Mako huffed dramatically as he flopped himself down near the den, the tramped-down snow cooling his heated body.

RE: Driftwood Surge Pack Thread - Oksana - Apr 03, 2018

[dohtml]

She'd spent most of her morning out in the clearing letting the sun beat down on her dark coat. It had warmed her to the point she now sought the darker atmosphere of the den. She also hoped that she might find Reid there. Oksana had noticed that he'd been gone quite awhile and she was starting to get worried. With her injured leg in the air she hopped down the familiar path to the communal den. There she found another wolf, one if her packmates she hadn't met. She hopped right up to him, “Seems you've been busy,” she said having seen the way he plopped himself in the snow.

[/dohtml]