Ruins of Wildwood
Business of Misery - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Business of Misery (/showthread.php?tid=1686)

Pages: 1 2

Business of Misery - Jaysyek - Feb 04, 2012

Clear — Current Temperature: 47° F/8° C Early Morning

[dohtml]
    let's take it from the top.

A wide yawn she lifted her head, shaking off the collected snow atop her head. Eyes wide she surveyed the forest, noticing there were few tracks around. Bones groaning she uncurled her body, and sat up smacking her lips while blinking her eyes. She did not feel so rested, but could not sleep much longer. The soft light filtering through the treetops told her she had slept quite a time. It must count for something restoring some of her inner reserves she'd empty. A rough sigh she stretched her long legs, letting her tail wave above her back. Another morning, another start. A steady walk she checked around the densite for anything troublesome. The leader was quick to poke her head, trying to see if the pups were still sleeping. It seemed so, and with a plain smile she went to the hiding spot of the dead deer she had found. It took work, but she cut through the snow both hard, and soft to the remains. Strong efforts she tugged one way then the other to free a hind limb. It took longer than she'd like but at last it was free, and she dragged it to the mouth of the den. Satisfaction she touched it with her nose, and then drifted to the borders of Grizzly Hollow.

Covering at least one length, she swiftly trotted onward trying to cover more distance. Some places she noticed where Raigo, and Elettra had come and gone. Sometimes she detected Kade's scent. She marked her own making sure to do a thorough job. There were quite a bit of loner scents, and her nose crinkled from her irritation. None had crossed yet, she only figured it would be a matter of time. A lash of her tail she jumped on a fallen log, and stretched herself out on the snow covered top. She would take a break there, just watching the sun rise higher.

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Valiant - Feb 11, 2012

OOC: OK, so I may just send Val a-knockin over here :p

[dohtml]

His mind kept drifting back to the night by the lake with the white lady of Grizzly Hollow. Rhysis had told him to join a pack and so far the white wolf with the mis-matched eyes was the only appealing alpha he had met. He didn't stop to ponder the fact that it may be because she was the only leader. He had no desire to be messing with females since Hawke had been on his tail, thwarting every attempt. Pack life would be a welcome distraction, and with any luck she would join a pack elsewhere.

He knew he was getting close, dangerously close, when the object of his former thoughts came into sight. He realised he looked worn down both mentally and physically. He had had to leave before first light the day before to escape the crazed female, and he had travelled through water as much as possible to mask his scent. He would return to her, no doubt about it, they needed her, but he needed a break.

His legs ached from the cold, ice actually forming in some places, his fur was full of twigs and leaves, and he had lost weight since their last encounter. "Jayse!" he called out with a smile, genuine joy lighting his features, while keeping his head and tail low in respect. She was probably the one female he only liked without ulterior motives. He had made a good call that night when he decided not to play games.

Photobucket</a>

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Jaysyek - Feb 12, 2012

I guess we can wrap up are other thread, after another round or two not to get to confused then? ;)

[dohtml]
    it's a matter of time before we all run out.

A tumble of emotions fumed beneath her skin, she would wonder if they were pouring into the air giving her away. She tried not to concentrate on any one thing. If she succumbed to her stress she would be taken as prisoner with no way to escape. Thus why she preferred company over beign alone. She had not found anyone, and had not quite wanted to seek Borden out. She was hoping he would come to her, but that hope seemed to waver with each passing day. She stretched her bones, shifting position on the hard temporary bed. She had been quite tired when she'd opened her eyes, and thought she would soon be in need of a nap. That thought was discarded too. She was awake now, after having walked pumping blood through her limbs she could not sleep. Sleep was really another thing to avoid, with her dreams and nightmares becoming undistinguished.

She shifted her eyes upward to the rough bark of the cedar, and pine trees tha encircled her. She started to notice some {word}burled{word} parts of the bark, what had been branches, or mere imperfections. She started counting them, comparing one to the next to keep her mind off two men, and the consequences of her choices she'd made. It didn't last very long, she was already wondering if Elettra had realized Kiche was back. Or if Raigo had found Vlar. If Trisden,Hocus, and Arlette were safe. A grumble in her throat, she flicked her tail, once more altering her position atop the log, and snow.

She was about ready to continue her patrol when heavy footfalls sounded in her ears. A twist of her head, her facade went from cautious to surprise, and delight. "Valiant, what a surprise," she said, a slim smile welcoming him. She then quickly sat up, looking over his form. He was different than the first time they had met, even if it had been dark she saw the changes of time upon him. He was a little thinner, and very unkempt. Nothing like before. His happiness to see her did not go unnoticed, nor his carrying of his large frame. "What can I do for you this fine day?"

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Valiant - Feb 12, 2012

[dohtml]

She looked even more exhausted than before, it would seem they had both been in the wars. A wry smile crossed the silver males face. There was no use in hiding his purpose. "I-uh... I've had a change of heart on the whole loner thing. Got room in your pack for one more?" He felt comfortable enough with the leader of the hollow that he didn't use his charms on her, and he didn't bandy words. He knew the last thing anyone needed when they were stressed and tired was blatant flattery and bullshit.

"I should let you know though... before you make any solid decisions, there is a cray wolf after me, I met her, we talked, and now she thinks I belong to her... I've been running for two days, through water in this weather..." he had to chuckle. He had bought it on himself. He always knew the day would come where he would get himself in too deep. He was just so relieved to see a friendly non-crazed face.

Photobucket</a>

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Jaysyek - Feb 12, 2012

[dohtml]
    its a matter of time before we all run out.

He wanted to join Grizzly Hollow? He looked like he could thrive with pack life, but she had taken for a bit of a rogue. Someone who didn't need constant3 company, and wasn't keen on being told what he can, and can not do. Maybe her words had put the idea in his head, and personally seeing who she was. Or it could merely be the hardness of cold weather. He had missed some meals, and his body was starting to use his muscle for food. Winter was anything but over, there would be more weeks of it. She could imagine him becoming much thinner before it was over.

She twirled the question in her mind, knowing they had room for more, but wondered what another male would do. Last year there had only been Raigo, Kiche, and Borden. They had all gotten along fairly well, considering the circumstances. This year she was a little worried what raging hormones might do. He revealed to her, he had a stalker out for him. She raised her brow, hiding a smirk. He was a regular Romeo, and a girl just didn't want him to get away. "Bit off more than you could chew, huh?" She teased, with a coy grin. She smoothed her pale face, and jumped down from the log. All kidding aside, she tested the air with twitching black nostrils, wondering if she might pick up this girl's scent. There wasn't much of a hint upon his coat.

"Hmm, I think there's definitely a place for you, as for your pursuer how about you tell me a name, and what she looks like. " White tail arched above her in a swift motion with the thought of a love struck female coming to her home, looking for him. She wanted no harm to come to her pack because of it, but it seemed a very unlikely risk by placing Valiant in the ranks. The pack had grown in numbers. Unless he was merely here to hide from her. She supposed it didn't matter, she'd just deal with that if it came up. His easy going, and playful nature appealed to her, and she didn't doubt he had skills in the hunt or in a fight. Having someone of his personality had to be a good thing. But she wanted to know details in case this female came by.

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Valiant - Feb 13, 2012

[dohtml]

He smiled to the leader, dropping his head almost to his toes in embarassment. He was sure she had already picked up on his purpose at the lagoon, and again he was thankful that he had made the right call that night.

"Her name is Hawke. She's almost white, but she has some darker patches around her face and down her back. She's got yellow eyes and long legs. She's fast and she comes across as perfectly normal until she finds some common ground and then she sticks to you like a burr, and heaven help you if you try to hold a conversation with another wolf without touching or looking at her the whole time." he said a little embarrassed, he knew he was cramming an awful lot into one scentence, and he hadn't even noticed the little smile that passed his lips as he was talking. Maybe she was growing on him?

He shook himself in an attempt to release some of the built up tension in his muscles. He felt like he hadn't relaxed properly in weeks... Or eaten. Even getting away for long enough to catch a rabbit was asking too much sometimes.

Photobucket</a>

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Jaysyek - Feb 13, 2012

[dohtml]
    it's a matter of time before we all run out.

Her black lip twitched almost pulling into a smile, by his sudden show of embarrassment. She didn't want to make him fell any more ashamed, and waited till it passed or at least he continued speaking. When he began describing this girl she took everything in with a blank facade, nodding at times. It wouldn't be hard to keep an eye out for her. It would probably be just a matter of time till she showed up wanting to see him.

She couldn't quite tell if he was merely amused by the girl, or talking about her brought the smile onto his lips. It brought up a few questions, but she waited till he finished not wishing to interrupt. "Am I suppose to tell her she cant see you, and deny her acceptance?" She asked, preferring to know what he wanted out of the situation. Demanding females were not her forte. She actually tried to avoid them. Then again, she'd just have to meet this Hawke to see.
If she wanted him by her side like he said, she knew lying wouldn't work, and if the wolf wanted to join she didn't want to accept her if it was going to upset him. The dynamics of the pack were already strained. She didn't need another two wolves at each other.

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Valiant - Feb 14, 2012

Ooc: on my phone about to start work, sorry its short :/

He was suprised at her question, he hadn't thought she would ask. "No... If you meet her and find she might benefit the pack then I shouldn't be a reason for her to not join. I don't think she has bad intentions..." the truth was he hadn't even thought she might want to join the pack with him. He was so intent on getting away to get some 'alone time' that he hadn't thought things through like a wolf like Rhysis might.

Business of Misery - Jaysyek - Feb 14, 2012

that's alright.

[dohtml]
    it's a matter of time before we all run out

In his reply she sensed he could be thougtful, and mature if he wanted too. She didn't mention this. It was a fleeting thought. She was more curious how he would fit into the mix of things with the very different personalities. What would her pups would think brought a hint of a grin to her lips. They were known for testing things out.

"Alright then, I guess we'll just see what happens," was her response. She'd first have to meet this wolf, and see for herself. Until then she'd try (try being the key word) to not worry about it till then. Why add another issue to her stack if it hadn't made it's way there yet?

"Now," she stepped closer with a purpose, and invaded his personal space. She met his gaze, and then stepped closer brushing her thick nape along his neck, and shoulders. "you'll least smell like you belong." She smiled, and swiftly moved away to where she had been. "Well, shall we head back? I usually finish my patrol, but I can show you were the main den is if you want. Speaking of which, yearlings don't bother you do they?"

[/dohtml]

Business of Misery - Valiant - Feb 15, 2012

Valiant had very little problems with personal space when it was a female entering it, he was used to being fairly tactile with others but almost took a step back at her mention of yearlings. He hadn't had much to do with them to date beyond Rhysis, but he was almost an adult.

"Yearlings?" he asked with a shaky smile "How much damage could they do?" He knew it was not the case, remembering himself as a yearling, but he was here now and would need to adjust. His smile grew a little stronger and more confident as they began to walk deeper into the territory of Grizzly Hollow. So this is my new home...