Ruins of Wildwood
Fallen Tree Cove Before You Go - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VIII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+---- Thread: Fallen Tree Cove Before You Go (/showthread.php?tid=16968)

Pages: 1 2

Before You Go - Kajika - Feb 27, 2018

@Namid set the day after her join thread

[Dohtml]

Namid's return had brought many mixed feelings up in the dark alpha. He was happy to have her back and sad at the news she'd given them. Worried that they wouldn't be able to provide her what she needed despite his promise. What of Lunette, how would she take the news of her mother's demise. The one thing that he was certain of was he couldn't take the chance on Namid leaving them without making sure to speak to her one last time.

It was Midmorning when he finally made the trek to the medical den to see his former alpha. He'd made sure to get all of his work done so that he could spend the afternoon with Namid without interruption. Not many were given the chance that she was giving them so he didn't want to waste it. When he reached the den where Namid had been staying he remained outside but called softly into her, “Namid, would you like a visitor?”

[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Namid - Feb 27, 2018

[dohtml]

How lovely are the portals of the night
When stars come out to watch the daylight die

She’d been resting for the day and planned on resting a few more before she got up to do anything. Her whole body ached and pleaded with her to stay put and she decided to comply, so if anyone needed to find her they would have no trouble.

Namid was also a little concerned that her youngest daughter hadn’t come to see her. She could smell Lunette’s scent among the border and thought that surely she would come. Did...did she hate her for leaving? She’d spoke with her before their departure and things hadn’t seemed so bad, she’d made sure that she was taken care of and that she knew that they loved her and that they were going to come back. The former queen had kept her promise, though perhaps not under the best of circumstances, and now all she wanted to do now was curl up with her child.

A shadow passed over the maw of the den and the pale woman lifted her mismatched gaze to see the form of Kajika standing there. He asked if she wished for any visitors and a small smile lifted the corners of her lips. “Of course, I would never say no to you. You are welcome any time,” she replied, shuffling with a grunt to make room for the large man.

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Kajika - Feb 28, 2018

[dohtml]

The dark male hoped that he had caught Namid at a time she wasn't sleeping. He'd waited until she'd gotten settled and had some rest before coming for a visit. Kajika had no idea what he wanted to talk to her about, it was more he wanted to visit with her before he couldn't. She hadn't known how much time she had when she'd appeared at their border the previous day and he didn't want to miss his chance to say goodbye.

As he had always done in the past he waited at the mouth of the den for her to answer his call. When her voice came from inside inviting him in he smiled before entering. She'd made room for him and he settled in across from her. If he were honest it felt a little strange to be laying in a den across from her. All of their other conversations had been so formal and she had been his alpha, now everything seemed turned on its head.

He pushed those thoughts aside as he brushed his muzzle under hers in greeting. “Are you feeling any better today?” He asked placing a paw on hers.

[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Namid - Feb 28, 2018

[dohtml]

Her friend’s smile was always a welcome sight, something that seemed ever present. In that aspect they were similar. Life had beaten them down and left them bruised but the one thing they were able to keep was their smiles, even when the times were tough they both seemed to know that if you bore it with a smile things seemed to work their way out. Even though there was no way out of her situation she bore it with a smile, no matter how tired because that was how she wanted to be remembered. Not sick or weak or broken, but with the smile and kindness that she felt everyone deserved.

She hummed as he brushed his muzzle against hers, tail giving a weak tap on the floor in pleasure at the contact. To his question about how she felt she offered a smaller tilt to the corner of her lips. “A little bit. I am sore and do not feel much like going further than where I am now, but I think my body appreciates the rest nonetheless,” she replied. Her mismatched gaze searched the amber of the new patriarch, “And, how are you doing?” she asked gently. Namid was concerned about how he was handling off of this. She knew that if their roles had been reversed she’d feel heart-broken and dejected. There was nothing either of them could do about it but she hoped she could help him even a little through this tough time.

Made by  esa
[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Kajika - Mar 02, 2018

[dohtml]

The circumstances which had brought Namid home were sad, there was no other way to put it. Her being in the medical den because she was sick wasn't the reason he wanted to be visiting her there. That was what it was and after speaking with Birtie the previous night he did look at things a little differently, didn't make the situation any less sad. He didn't want their conversation to turn into them both crying over what was inevitable but he felt that it would happen eventually.

As he entered he wanted to know how she was feeling considering how she'd been the previous day. That was most important so he could make sure she had what she needed. Her hum as he brushed his muzzle against made him feel as though nothing had changed. “Rest is good for you and you should take as much time as you need,” he told her, “You've done your work for this pack and now it's time you sat back and enjoyed what you have built.” She had worked hard in her life and now it was time he and Moonshadow nurtured what she and Vespertio had built. She then asked how he was doing, “Better,” he admitted, <b “I was pretty upset by the news yesterday but after speaking with Birtie last night she helped put things into perspective. I'm still upset that this is happening to you but I'm glad that you chose to come back here to be with us. I missed you very much Namid.”</b>

[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Namid - Mar 02, 2018

[dohtml]

He encouraged her that it was time for her to sit back and relax and she gave a small nod of her head. This was another hard pill to swallow about her condition, the fact that she would no longer be around to see how the Cove was doing. In her youth Namid had been reluctant to settle down at all, her paws to itchy and the possibilities too wide. Even once she’d been taken in by the Cove she had still never planned on taking the helm. The thought had seemed so...implausible to her. At the time she’d had not an authoritative bone on her body. The thought of confrontation had terrified her, but her coupling with Vespertio had changed all of that. She’d had something to settle down for and at the time it hadn’t even been for the Cove, it had been for the lives growing in her stomach and the budding relationship with the handsome Vuesain. Yet, now as she’d lived out most of her life within the borders of the Cove and called it her own she realized that it, too, had become much like a child to her. She’d nurtured it and cared for it, worried and fretted over it, been frustrated with it but above all else she’d loved it. To leave all of it behind...left a dull ache in her heart.

Yet, as she looked at the man in front of her she was able to calm the fears that quaked within her. Kajika had proven himself time after time after time and was still proving himself. She had already left one child in his capable paws, she knew that she could leave another for him to care for. “I have missed you as well, my friend. We have seen a lot of time together and many hardships, but you have always remained in spite of it,” she said, pausing and taking a deep breath. “Vespertio and I...we promised to come back. He is still out looking for the children and I have returned but we know it is only temporary. I hope that our reign saw the Cove through the tough times and...I would like to relinquish it to you fully. We may have built it, but the true owner is the one who keeps it standing. Who provides maintenance, attention and care. You are now the patriarch of the Cove and I cannot think of a wolf more deserving of it,” she said, small tears pricking her mismatched gaze. It hurt, but it was what was meant to happen.

Made by  esa
[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Kajika - Mar 03, 2018

[dohtml]

In his mind there was no reason for the former Matriarch to feel like she had to do anything for the pack. He didn't want her to push herself to do anything she wasn't ready to do. If he were honest he was just glad to have her home where he felt she belonged. He'd never been angry at her for leaving and though he'd never had children of his own he understood her need to look for them. He just wished she'd been able to find more than Neha and her son. He hadn't been in the cove when it had been founded so did not know of any of the hardships or good times that it had before he had joined but he had seen the ones that had taken place after. He knew what the former leader had been through and she had always been strong for the pack. It was time they were strong for her.

Looking upon her he couldn't help but admire the woman that had been so important in his life. With the knowledge of what was to come for herself she still carried a smile and faced it head on. A smile and a nod was given in response to what she said. “I made a promise to you when I joined the cove and I don't break promises but along the way I found a new family that I would do anything for. We have seen many hardships but we have always helped each other through them and that is what makes us strong.” He hoped that the wolves that were now under his command were just as willing to help each other out when it was needed of them. “And you kept your promise, the cove will always be open to him when he does return just as it is for you. I hope that the cove has seen the last of its hardships but even if it hasn't we will get through it as we always have.” He then met her gaze as she spoke of relinquishing the cove to him fully. “I am honored that you trust it to me and that you think I am deserving to lead. I will care for it and do everything in my power to ensure that it has a bright future. I don't want you to have to worry about anything where the cove is concerned.”

[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Namid - Mar 06, 2018

[dohtml]

Kajika assured her that Vespertio would be welcome should he return and she was grateful. She knew she shouldn’t speak for her husband without him there, but she felt he would agree with her decision. They both had been through so much and they weren’t getting any younger, especially not Namid. It was time for them to entrust the Cove to someone younger, someone who wasn’t weighed down like they were. Some fresh air, even if the one taking over had been with them for quite some time.

He also assured her that she had nothing to worry about with the Cove and this was something she knew as well. She just hoped that he would make it his own. He was in charge now, he needed to do what he saw fit. Namid wanted him to be happy, wanted the man to raise a family on the shores like she had. With them all intact at the end of the day of course, but after everything he had been through regarding love he deserved some of that. By handing over the Cove she was ensuring him the chance to find that and do whatever he wanted with it. He had free reign.

“I would also like to ask you a few things. They are...going to be hard, for both of us, but I believe they are necessary to discuss,” she said.

Made by  esa
[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Kajika - Mar 06, 2018

[dohtml]

The last thing that Namid should be doing in her condition was worry about the cove though he understood. For so long she and Vespertio had helped it grow into what it was, they'd cared for it just as he did now. His view of the cove was much different now that it was he and Moonshadow caring for it and ensuring that it went on into the future. More than anything he wanted it to be successful and for it to be a place where it's members were happy to be there. Namid also didn't need to worry about Vespertio either, if he showed up at their borders he would he welcomed back. He would be cared for just as he would ensure that Namid was while she was with them.

Each day he tried to run the cove as it had been during his time as a subordinate. Making sure that all of his subordinates were taken care of and their concerns addressed. He gave them the chance to speak and voice their opinions. He wanted them to know that he and Moonshadow cared about their well being and happiness just as Namid and Vespertio had done. It was the best way that he felt he could carry on their legacy as time went on. Namid bringing her news only made it more real that one day she and Vespertio would leave them. Her relinquishing the cove only solidified in his mind that it was now his and Moonshadow's, that they were just babysitting it until it's true owners returned. It was a bittersweet moment when she spoke those words.

His ears perked and his gaze went to hers as she spoke of a few things she wanted to ask him. “Of course Namid, You know I would do anything for you no matter how difficult it might be. We must discuss it especially if it's necessary.” He did wonder what it was that she wanted to discuss so he remained quiet to allow her to speak what she needed to.

[/dohtml]

RE: Before You Go - Namid - Mar 06, 2018

[dohtml]

Kajika was quick to confirm that he was willing to discuss whatever she needed. The former queen pressed her nose to his cheek in thanks, pulling away with a melancholy smile. ”In the event of my death…” she began, pausing to take a breath. This was certainly not something she ever thought she would have to discuss. “In the event of my death, I would like to be buried next to Des, Anthem, Eido, and my son,” she said, voice quiet and soft. To Namid this was an important topic, but also a sensitive one.

“Should Sachiel arrive after I am gone, please tell him that I loved him and always have. That should he need to talk to me all he need do is speak and I will hear. I will watch over him,” she continued, tears pricking her mismatches gaze. “Should any of my children show up, tell them I am sorry then tell them the same thing I have asked of my grandson. And if Vespertio,” she stopped, choking on her words. She breathed deeply, body shaking. The pale woman tried to compose herself. “If Vespertio comes, tell him I said thank you. Tell him that he has always been and always will be my knight in shining armor and my one true love. Thank him for our years and our children, thank him for loving me even when I was unlovable,” she said, tears slipping down her cheeks. Namid had tried to be strong, but voicing these things made everything so...final. Perhaps even more final that admitting she was dying. She wished she could say these things herself and realized how unfair it was for her to ask Kajika of these things, but she had no other way.

“One last thing...I may not be myself or the Namid you know by the end. It is unfair for you to have to witness it, but there is nothing else I can do. But...do not let them know I suffered. Let them think I went peacefully, without troubles. I do not want them to feel bad or to worry,” she murmured.

Made by  esa
[/dohtml]