Ruins of Wildwood
Sacred Grove Under Pressure - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Sacred Grove Under Pressure (/showthread.php?tid=1708)

Pages: 1 2

Under Pressure - Naira - Feb 06, 2012

She felt if she had to take another step her paws would fall off, so with a great deal of reluctance she finally sat and took the time to properly observe her surroundings. As she rested it almost felt as if the earth itself was lending her power and urging her on Just a little further... She had been hearing the strange whispers from the moment she had reached the bottom of the mountains, as if someone was calling her home.

It was hard to see what the landscape would look like once the snows melted, but in her minds eye she saw rolling green plains, so different to the dense forest of her birth and lush green segments of forest, which seemed to sing to her heart. She had no idea where this strange force was pulling her, but she could hear her grandmother telling her to trust in the ground beneath her paws and the trees that were almost embracing her in welcome. She felt more at peace than she had in days, and yet it pulled her onward like an excited pup. You have to see! it almost begged.

And so she dragged her exhausted and bedraggled frame upwards, to continue to follow this strange sensation. Her tawny fur was matted on the backs of her legs and tail, her frame, although disguised by her substantial coat was thin from lack of decent prey. She could hear and smell the deer ghosting through the trees behind her but barely acknowledged them beyond a casual flick of her ear, she didn't have the energy to waste on anything less than a sure thing.

As the pull became stronger, scents began to pass her nostrils and register in her brain. Wolves. There was a pack that lived here. She was both apprehensive and excited at the same time... This was where the pull was bringing her, but would they have her? Only one way to find out the worn wolf pushed her apprehension aside, tilting back her head she let out a long howl, begging someone, anyone to investigate the stranger on their borders.

Under Pressure - Triell - Feb 10, 2012

[dohtml]
    Why do they think I never change, they're the ones that stay the same.

"Ahhrr," he half mumbled, half growled letting it rumble from deep from his chest, humming along his throat. He jerked backward from the sharp yellow teeth, and than leaped forward giving a snap of his own fangs in warning. "Just you bite me again," he grumbled with a raised lip at the fat vole who insisted on attacking the river wolf. It let out it's own distaste, crouched low ready to strike Triell's tender nose. "I don't think so," he said shifting upward just in time to protect himself. The vole didn't retaliate it strike again, this time at his limb. A sharp bark from the tiny pricks of pain, he jerked his foot snapping inches from the vole's face. It squealed, but landed on it's feet still not thinking about running. Triell was done playing. He jerked forward in a teasing move, and than struck the vole onto it's pack with a flick of his wrist. Before the vole could right himself, the wolf grabbed him in his teeth, and bit hard before throwing it into the air. It made no sound, but wiggled it's limbs wishing to hit earth. Triell was ready, and caught the miserable creature in his teeth, and this time he gave a killing blow crushing it's vital organs until he was certain it was dead. A grunt of his pleasure he clung to the fur ball, and started trotting through the grove ready to take his new kill back for one of the pups.

He enjoyed the stroll as the grove was one of his favorite places to be. His mind shuffling thoughts of sleeping, or catching something for himself to eat he was interrupted by a female's howl. What the hell? Chin lifted, his wide ears rotating before cupping forward listening to her message. Another girl wishing to join? He was beginning to wonder what it would be like if Swift River was overran with females. The idea didn't sound appealing to him, or maybe it just threw him off. There had always been more males, it would be weird to be outnumbered. A sigh he changed coarse letting the sound lead him to this girl.

He weaved through the tangled grove knowing it by heart. His kill in his jaws he lingered in cover watching the gray wolf for a moment. She was not past the borders, and she was no small thing for sure. He did not see anyone else around. Well he supposed he should welcome her until Indru or Corinna arrived.

He shifted from his hiding spot, coming into the open. He kept his head, and tail raised just barely to show he could mean business. It was clear he was no the leader of this pack. He dropped the vole, stepping over it, and closer to her."You hoping to join the river pack?" He asked with a quirked brow, his bright yellow eyes drifting over her figure. She didn't seem in poor shape, or mangled with scars. He let his eyes meet hers soon enough, waiting for an answer.

[/dohtml]

Under Pressure - Naira - Feb 11, 2012

She lowered her head and tail relaxing in the strangers presence. She had found when in the company of others, the pull almost disappeared. A small smile graced her face as she got her excitement under control.

The boy was bold enough to make eye contact and she smiled, a small wag coming to life in her tail. He looked so much like her bigger brother at that age, same golden eyes, same midnight black coat, with the exception of the white on his chest. Chulyin didn't have that. The longer she stayed away the more she missed her brother, her parents and the rest of her family. She missed belonging. Her mind wandered to all of the wolves she had met so far, but none had belonged to a pack.

She considered her answer carefully. "If they will have me I may consider it..." she was convinced she belonged in a pack, but where she wasn't yet sure. What if she didn't fit in? It would be terrible to accept the responsibility of joining a pack and then find that she didn't belong...

Under Pressure - Triell - Feb 12, 2012

[dohtml]

Respectful and no mood swings. Maybe, it'd be good to have her around, but he wasn't sure if he believed in first impressions. Sometimes they counted, and sometimes they didn't. It wasn't really up to him to judge if she had place or not. Or not really. He may know Indru trusted him, but it wasn't his place to accept loners. He would put in a good word if it seemed like the right thing.

His stance shifted, the bulk of his muscles not as tight as they had been. When her tail wagged he had to keep his own still, knowing he easily picked up energy of another. He wanted to put on a friendly, but strong impression. He was having a hard time staying between the two. Sometimes he didn't know how Indru or Ruiko wanted to be a leader. The endless tasks put him off the notion he would one day want the same.

A very small smile coaxed on his dark lips, and he nodded his head. "If you're always this respectful, and nice I don't see why not." He said, his playful tone as it often times were, sounding somewhat loud amongst the quiet grove. He was trying to be nice, and welcoming. "Is there a reason, or something you wish to know before I call for one of my leaders?"

[/dohtml]

Under Pressure - Naira - Feb 12, 2012

She thought for a moment, head cocked to the side. "I was drawn here..." it was the only reason she had to come here, and she knew her compulsion seemed strange to other wolves but her grandmother had taught her to be in tune with the earth and sky, and sometimes it was almost as if the ground itself spoke to her. She had a very spiritual connection with the earth itself.

"I can heal fairly well, fight and hunt, mark borders, mind pups... Is your pack a large one, and what are your leaders like?" She knew it was a lot for one sentence, but it all seemed to come to her in a tumble. She was already growing to like the younger wolf. If they were all this easy to get along with she would have no troubles fitting in she was sure. She hoped she was leaving a good impression, maintaining her manners throughout her little speech.

Under Pressure - Triell - Feb 14, 2012

[dohtml]

Drawn here. There was definitely something about the grove. It was different with it's silent force, and soothing depths. It was often the first refuge from the harsh mountain landscape were most loners entered. He sometimes wondered if that's why he didn't happen to get lost a lot as a boy. So he didn't think it sounded silly about it beckoning her here. He dipped his muzzle, his hindquarters shifting as he looked past her into the foliage. "It does do that," he spoke, wondering what she might have felt. It was to intimate of a request for a stranger.

She listed her talents, and his composure was blank quietly listening. If what she said was true she would be a good member to have. They didn't have a healer, and the sense she looked after little ones was a plus too. His ears settling back he collected his own thoughts. "The pack isn't large to me, but we're all strong. My leaders are a good pair of wolves, fair, and fierce." He grinned while his tail gave a wag. They were all a pretty good team, even without his brothers, and Volkan.

"I'm Triell by the way. Triell Tainn. If it was up to me I'd let you stay." He then threw back his head, and let out a loud, deep and long howl for either Indru or Corinna. A new wolf was here, requesting acceptance.

[/dohtml]

Under Pressure - Naira - Feb 14, 2012

Her breath caught in her throat, fighting the urge to howl with him. The relief she felt when he said the pack wasn't huge was almost indescribable to her. "I left my old pack because it was too large..." she said with a small smile. The territory was struggling to support their ranks. Her brother was the first to leave, followed by the two sisters. Her heart was tugged by the memory of her sister. She hoped she was ok...

All she could do now was wait.

Under Pressure - Corinna - Feb 19, 2012

[dohtml]

Gone Tomorrow

Black nose was buried in the depths of Corinna's tail. Teeth clenched tight, the she-wolf's head pulled backward. Effectively dislodging the piece of dirt, the leader looked at her work. Freshly groomed for the first time in a while, she certainly felt better. Winter had been fading by quickly, and it had not gone unnoticed that the days were growing longer. While they had fared well together as a pack, there was a lack of cohesiveness within them that bothered the she-wolf. And as she rose off her stomach to her feet, she was determined to settle this particular problem that had plagued them since Indru's disappearance the previous summer.

The gray female had been laying under a pine tree, a couple hundred yards from the pack den. Her intention had been to call the wolves of the River to the den. To engage in either a hunt, or a discussion, or just a play session. It had been a long time since they were all truly together, and she wanted her pack to see that they were strong and the bonds between them had not been broken by the cold snap of winter.

But before she could do so, Corinna's ears registered the howling of Triell. Turning her head in the direction of the call, tail instinctively wagged at the sound of her brother-in-law's voice. He had grown into a mighty fine specimen, with all the looks and smarts of his older brothers. He had taken to patrolling the borders with almost more frequency than Corinna herself had, and for that he would be rewarded. But no matter, it was still up to her to answer his request and see what it was the lone wolf wanted. No doubt it was to join the River wolves, but only time would tell if whoever it was was worthy enough to join them.

Adjusting her course, Cori turned away from the pack den and headed off into the woods. Weaving in and out of the trees, she paused only in her trek to investigate the smells of some of the newer wolves of the River. Yes, a pack bonding experience was definitely in order.

Some time later, the leader caught sight of the large black male and the gray female who had requested her presence. Making a direct path towards them, her body instinctively took on a dominant posture. Tail lifted above her back and her ears flipped forward. Approaching the yearling, she greeted Triell with a nudge to the cheek and a smile. But just as she had greeted Adonia a month ago, she kept her gaze on the stranger. "What do you think, Triell?" She trusted his judgement. If he deemed the lone wolf worthy of their ranks, then Corinna would mark her with the musk that was Swift River.

[/dohtml]

Under Pressure - Triell - Feb 20, 2012

[dohtml]

"I left my old pack because it was too large..." He lifted his head in surprise, briefly noting her small smile. It was a good bit of information to know as he had felt she was hoping for the opposite. All more for him not to make assumptions, there was never a real way to know when right or wrong. Though it wasn't like he lied about Swift River. He'd never been much for bending and stretching the truth. It never turned out very good.

"Oh, maybe here will suit you well then," he replied giving a smile in return. Now, if only to know if someone had heard him. He was sure his call had been loud enough to call attention to the area. The pups though strange it was were very close to being a year now, and he was aware they didn't quite need the twenty four hour surveillance.He relaxed his muscles, and let out a quiet breath. They'd have to play the waiting game, and see how it went.

The very light crunch of snow caught his attention, sounding Corinna's arrival. Respectfully he made sure to keep himself lower than she was. It wasn't to hard to let his head, and ears bend down showing the respect he had for his leader, and sister-in-law. Her first greeting he did smile in return, and his tail beat harshly against the ground. She looked much better in the time since Swift River had been restored, and he was happy for it. He once glanced to Naira, waiting for either her or Cori to speak. It was Cori first, and it surprised him. There was a warmth of pride in him all the same, like when Indru complimented him. His face grew serious. "I believe she'd do well in our ranks. She knows about healing, and didn't mistake were are markers are like most," he offered with a partial grin to both females. Ultimately he didn't want to add more, feeling it wasn't quite his place to speak for Naira entirely.

He thought he summed up by his words, and actions. Naira had been respectful, quiet, and thoughtful. With her knowledge, and maturity she'd be nice to have around. He could see her getting along with the close bonds of Swift River, and she hadn't trespassed like so many other loners. He let his eyes fall to Cori trying to judge what she may think of what he said. And at the same time he hoped Naira hadn't minded his choice of words.

[/dohtml]

Under Pressure - Naira - Feb 20, 2012

She was beginning to relax around Triell. It was an interesting name, one she doubted she would easily forget, but she had a knack for names. She knew she was losing her concentration as they waited but it was a comfortable silence. For the first time in what felt like a long time she felt relaxed enough to completely open up to her surroundings. The damp snow coated earth beneath her paws, the scent that screamed of trees waiting to burst back into life mingled with the constant scent of evergreens. Their conversation had left her feeling rejuvenated, as if she could continue for days if it was needed.

The crunching of snow, so faint she may have missed it if not so focused on the grove around her snapped her attention to the approaching grey female. She lowered her ears and tail, crouching respectfully in the grey lady's presence, averting her eyes so as not to invoke a challenge. That was the last thing she wanted. From a distance she had caught sight of starling sage green eyes. She was still coming to grips with the cooler tones of many of the wolves eyes around here, her own pack had all possessed golden and yellow eyes, with the exception of her mother who had one blue and one gold. Her mother had not been born into the Yukon Forest pack, but rather recruited by her father from the densely snowy landscape she imagined her brother had been seeking. Their poor mother had been a dwarf amongst giants.

But now was no time to be thinking of her past, but of her potential future. A delighted smile crossed her maw at the young males recommendations, and her curled tail twitched between her legs in delight. "My name is Naira. I came to these lands on the scent of my brother Kanosak. He has found his place within a pack, and now I am seeking one for myself." she said respectfully, not sure what else she could add to the recommendation of the younger wolf. His comment about markers had confused her though, it wasn't like they were hard to notice. Perhaps not all wolves were raised with the same manners as others? Even she, as large as she was, wouldn't dare to cross into pack territory unless it was unavoidable. To do so was close to a death wish where she had grown up.