Ruins of Wildwood
Mountain of Dire All my friends were glorious - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VIII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+---- Thread: Mountain of Dire All my friends were glorious (/showthread.php?tid=17095)

Pages: 1 2

All my friends were glorious - Odin - Mar 11, 2018

[dohtml]

double bubble disco queen, headed to the guillotine
Odin Archer

The boy lounged on the outcrop, relishing the feel of stone beneath his feet again. His singular eye was closed against the beating sun not quite strong enough yet to chase the chill from the rock but his memories were enough to get him by for now. He could almost pretend that if he opened his eye he'd be back on the Monadnock, @Piety settled somewhere to his right, surveying the tundra while they watched Wraith pick his way back from the latest border patrol. For a moment he even thought he could smell his former lead, but she had that same alluring perfume as the rest of them. His nose crinkled and he sneezed before lazily opening his eye. "Oh..." His tail thumped the stone.

[/dohtml]

RE: All my friends were glorious - Piety - Mar 11, 2018

It was the season of sin and she was determined to relish in it for once. Last year hadn't been too difficult with the blessing of Morganna and the helping paw of Wraith. This year she had no one to seek permission for any actions but her pickings were very slim - although good.

She climbed the mountain slightly, wondering if anyone might be lurking up in the hidden paths. There was a musk that beckoned her forward and put a pep in her step. Her tail waved behind her without a care in the world. It was after she scaled a few uneasy stones that she spotted a familiar form against the colorless stone. A feeling of peace and calm washed over her. The scene was so familiar that she could have imagined they were gazing upon the Lowlands together.

"Odin!" She called out with delight in her voice. The pale dove would move quickly to his side unless she was stopped.

RE: All my friends were glorious - Odin - Mar 11, 2018

[dohtml]

Odin Archer

There was no awkwardness in his name on her lips and he rose to receive her greeting with proper deference, his head dipping low to bury his muzzle in her chest as she approached, a deep inhale telling him it may not have been the wisest idea on his part as a greeting growl rumbled in his chest. "So is this where yer got'ter?" Had he been a little less wrapped up in the cloud of pheromones he might have picked up on the presence of Lorcan, Cheedo, and Lenae, but tunnel vision was quickly taking over and all he could see was the woman before him. It wasn't until he noticed his nose trailing along the side of her flank that he shook his head and forced himself to stop and turn so they were standing side to side. "Yer look..." beautiful "well." He settled on. There was no point getting away from himself. She was way out of his league and he knew it.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

are you really as free as all

the great songs would have me believe?

Her head gave a soft node as her teeth gently nipped at the boy's crown. "Nice isn't it? No monadnock but I'm learning to love it. Sometimes roam the forest below but it is a bit cozy there." With the trees all nicely knit together and true paths were far and few between. They made the best of things, though.

She did not push or shove him away. Piety could not entirely blame the boy for sniffing. It wasn't like she had been much better his age. That made her a bit of an encourager though, didn't it? "I could say the same about you." She said with a small smile before moving to push her head under his neck.

There was something so terribly dangerous about Archers. She did not see what she saw in Skoll. The danger that had lured her to them in the first place. No, there were heavy traces of Morganna in the boy's words and appearances that made her skin seem to be set ablaze.

"What are you doing here?" Her tone was soft but curious. Hadn't he had a lady friend with him the last time they parted ways?

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

Odin Archer

He couldn't help but lean into her embrace, nostalgia chasing any would be awkwardness from his system as he allowed himself to simply enjoy the moment. It was no secret that Odin wasn't exactly fond of the crush of trees so he answered her comment with a knowing chuckle. He was getting a bit more used to it now but that didn't mean he'd choose to settle somewhere as heavily wooded as, say, his mother's home down by the lagoon.

When she asked what he was doing, his smile went a little crooked, "Ah, yer know how it is, had ter stretch my legs. Ma's settled down by th' lagoon near th' cedar trees but it's... also a little too cozy fer me... an' bloody Archer's everywhere." He finished with a chuckle, allowing his head to slide down so it was resting across her shoulders, his peach eye taking in the view below them. "Got m'self run off from th' Willows so I don' owe anyone anythin' at the moment."

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

The mention of Morganna made her chest feel heavy. She owed the woman a visit despite the unease that came from having to be so close to the Ridge. She could handle it for her.

"Their loss." Piety replied without further breeching the subject. She wondered what was going on down there. First Lorcan and now Odin? Of course, she didn't know the order of things and what she did know was rather fuzzy. There was quite the tension between packs from what she had been told. Did that have anything to do with things?

"I missed you. It isn't the same without you livening things up." Her tail swayed slowly behind her, content with the familiar affection. "You'll always be welcomed on the mountain as long as I'm here and if anyone says otherwise I'll bite them for you." A lighthearted laugh escaped her. She had never been the fighter but lately, she was tense enough to bite at anyone.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

Odin Archer

Livening things up huh? He allowed his teeth to rake across the pale woman's crown as he chuckled, "Yeah, well, not everyone appreciates it as much as yer do apparently," and when she followed it up with an offer of a place to stay he allowed his tail to wave out behind him. "I might have ter take yer up on tha', but I should be able ter bite em myself and I should let Ma an' the siblin's know first." Not that he imagined Morganna would be beside herself with worry at his absence, but he also had his younger siblings to consider. With the warmth of Piety beneath his throat and against his chest it was getting harder and harder to focus on conversation as his head shifted to allow his teeth to rake through the thicker fur around her neck. Damn, why did she have to smell so good?

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

It was a bit foolish of her to hope that Odin would stay right then and there, without question. He had other things to attend to though and she wouldn't press it. She was lucky enough that he would even consider the offer. "Of course." She agreed before giving a soft nip at the fur on his chest.

The Santoro would aim to free herself from his grooming to walk a close circle around him. Her tail kept swishing behind her as if it was nothing. "Will you stay for a bit before you head back that way?" The pale female asked as she stopped to stand by his side again. There was plenty of catching up to do and certainly he'd need to rest up before heading all the way down to the lagoon. It was no small trip, especially with winter still holding on.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

Odin Archer

The nip to his chest sent a bolt through his body and as she pulled away his body leaned to follow, his paws keeping their place as his tail waved in time with her own. He knew he should have said no when she asked if he would stay, the smart thing was to say no and throw himself in the closest body of water that wasn't frozen over, but he had never been a particularly smart wolf. "Sure." He replied with a smile and far more confidence than he could possibly possess, pressing his flank into hers to show he wasn't going anywhere as he waited for Piety to lead the way.

[/dohtml]

RE: All my friends were glorious - Piety - Mar 17, 2018

[dohtml]

"Come." She beckoned softly as she began to walk to somewhere more secluded. Piety had no intention of luring him into anything more than some affectionate grooming. Especially not with Morganna more in her mind more than anything else. It was far too awkward on her end. "I'm sure we can find you something to eat while we catch up." The Santoro hummed as she gave the one-eyed Archer a small smile. Piety couldn't send him back to the lagoon on an empty stomach and even if he could take care of himself, he was her guest after all.

A beloved face would never go unloved in her presence.

[/dohtml]