Ruins of Wildwood
Sacred Grove THe Journey Continues - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Sacred Grove THe Journey Continues (/showthread.php?tid=1749)

Pages: 1 2

THe Journey Continues - Nina - Feb 13, 2012

A medium sized wolf sits in a distant clearing watching the area closely. Early at this time she had been ill and had been looking for a peaceful place to stay. After traveling for a few weeks the wolf found the Sacred Grove. The place was peaceful somewhere where she could relax. The only problem she had to worry about was the nearby pack, but she hadn't had many run in with them, but she wasn't taking any chances.

The lushous green trees were in a circle around her as she quickly groomed herself. She always had to be alert no matter what. With her easr perked and drawn forward for any reasons he might have to pounce. HEr eyes were widened and her tail tucked close to her body, her senses alert. If there was a wolf to come and infade her territory she wouldn't mind defending it, but if she had to help another she would graciously do so. She couldn't deny a wolf shelter, it just wasn't the way she was. Ever since she was abandoned as a pup she never wanted another wolf to have to experience that.

Training, the young wolf thought, I must train. Just in case something happens. Nina got up from her sitting position and crouched down a determined look in her eyes. Swatting at the nearby air she growled quietly she jumped and swatted at the air once again, the speed of the blow making up for the lost strength.

THe Journey Continues - Athena - Feb 16, 2012

[dohtml]

The trip was taking way to long. Athena was irritated with Hawke as she was constantly being a bitch. Her mind felt like it was going to explode. She just needed to get away from the other two wolves. A breather was all she needed.

Trotting through the trees made her slightly uneasy. She was used to the mountains and open spaces. Her view of the world was crunched and it made her edgy. It didn't help that she was mentally exhausted, so overall it would be a bad idea to piss her off right now.

She had her nose in the air and eyes forward, concentrating on where she was going. She wondered when she should be heading back, since she only told Valiant she'd be gone for only a little bit. Oh, well. I'll find him if he leaves, she thought to heself.

[/dohtml]

THe Journey Continues - Nina - Feb 16, 2012

Nina stopped abruptly pricking her ears quickly. What was that? Pawsteps? Growling slightly she turned on her heel gracefully. Croutching slightly she sniffed the air. There was a wolf here, female from what she could tell. She didn't smell like she was from a pack, but then Nina could always be wrong. With her emerald eyes sparkling she dragged her feet forward gracefully across the ground towards the Pawsteps she heard.

"Who's there," Nina's soft gentle voice spoke out the wind almost blowing the voice away.

Nina tritched her ears slightly trying to get better hearing. All she could hear was the quiet pawsteps of another wolf. Huffing angrily to herself she started forward again quickly and quietly as so the other wolf wouldn't hear as much as her own breathing and Pawsteps. Blinking her eyes to clear her vision she looked around.

Trees were covering the area with many bushes with blood red berries on them. The grass was as soft as cotton and the clouds hung over her head as she examined the area. She couldn't see anything besides what was regularly around, but she was sure she could scent another wolf around. Pricking her ears more than she thought possible she cast her senses out as if she would find something that she couldn't see.

She came up with nothing though. Nothing except the colors of blue, red, and green with the occasional white of the puffy clouds in the sky. Ducking her head slightly she closed her eyes. Taking deep breaths in and out she focused. Stop. You're going to drive yourself insane trying to figure out what you are going to do. Growling to herself she cuffed herself on the muzzle. She needed to stop talking to herself, or at least stop think talking to herself.

THe Journey Continues - Athena - Feb 18, 2012

[dohtml]

A slight shiver ran through the white lady's body, but it rock her body as it used to. She never really was susceptible to the cold. Her body could take the cold in the mountains, but in the state that she was in before, she felt the cold more often. You can have seen her ribs protruding out of her sides. Her legs were lanky and thin. Her condition was getting worse by the day when she was alone. But now since she's been with Val and Hawke, she's been gaining weight. Her ribs don't show as much and she's getting her muscle back in her legs from traveling all the time. She felt like she was in a new body. There was much more energy to run and she was able to take down bigger game. Athena felt like she could actually live through this harsh winter.

Still trotting along, she glanced at some of the small animals running around. Her stomach growled slightly, interrupting the silence around her. Her hungry orbs spotted a hare by some brush, cleaning itself. Athena slowed to a walk and crouched down in her stalking position. She crept forward, eyes concentrated on her prey. Her eyes pricked forward, reading for the swift attack to come. Suddenly a female voice interrupting her concentration. She growled as the hare ran away from his spot, bounding through the trees away from her. Athena marched herself towards the lupine's voice. The white lady was pissed that the female disrupted her hunt. All her irritation from the trip, filled up inside her, ready to escape.

"Did you really have to do that?"
Athena said annoyed. She walked out of the brush, towards the female wolf. She oddly had her paw over her muzzle, as if she was disciplining herself. Ohh, great. I have an odd one on my hands. The white lady thought to herself as she faced the female.

[/dohtml]

THe Journey Continues - Nina - Feb 18, 2012

Turning her attention back towards the lady wolf she took in the wolf's condition. Skinny but fed and very much healthy. It took Nina a moment to process what she said. Why did she scare of the prey? Yes, that was what the other wolf had asked. Blinking her emerald eyes she tilted her head slightly to the side.

"I apologize for scaring off your prey, but at the moment you are in my territory." Nina lied evenly. This wasn't exactly her territory, but she was staying here for the time being. Narrowing her eyes in slight suspicion she looked at the wolf more closely. She looked slightly smaller than Nina and as if she was just recovering from not being feed properly or as if she were ill.

Nina's eyes softened slightly as she spoke, "I suppose I could spare a few kills though. Would you care to join me?" tilting on of her ears back behind the area she had just been practicing in Nina sat up from her crouching position Staring at the she wolf. Nina decided she would attempt to help this wolf. Besides it was one of the things she was actually good at.

Taking care of wolves, giving them advice, and making sure they were healthy was Nina's main priority. Sometimes she would even put other wolves in front of her own needs. She would never get too attached to the wolf because most of the time they would just up and leave, something Nina didn't appreciate but knew had to be done.

THe Journey Continues - Athena - Feb 26, 2012

[dohtml]

Territory? Yeah, right. The white lady narrowed her eyes at the wolf before her. She was either speaking lies or she just sucks at border marking. Either way, Athena wasn't taking the bait. "Well, I'd advise you to mark your borders a little more properly then," she said flatly with her slight foreign accent.

She wasn't in the mood for small talk, her mind was just too aggitated. Her eyes still narrowed, her ears pricked forward, she lowered her neck slightly to cover her nape, her body language wasn't all that friendly. "No thanks. I can manage on my own," she said bluntly. Her irritation sometimes gets the best of her.

[/dohtml]

THe Journey Continues - Nina - Feb 26, 2012

Pricking her ears forward Nina growled. If this wolf was going to be unfrienly she had no problem treating her the same way. Though her voice was never intimidating she put a growl into it, "Then I suggest you leave or clean up your attitude towards me." Nina's words were short and clipped but held upmost gentleness in them. SHe was never one to be harsh if she didn't need to, but her voice usually never held a hint of scorn in it.

Taking a threatening step forward she held no kindness in her gaze, "As for marking my borders I have been busy with other things that hold none of your concern." Sinking her claws into the groun she held her position examining the other wolf carefully. SHe wouldn't attack if she wouldn't need too. She didn't like to fight, but if it came to it and she needed to, she wouldn't hesitate to defend herself.

THe Journey Continues - Athena - Mar 03, 2012

[dohtml]

Oh, so she wants to play along, the white female thought with amusement. She had no problem with letting her irritation get the best of her; who knows, maybe a scuffle will come along, relieving Athena of all her built up stress. Narrowing her eyes, a deep growl rumbled inside her, threatening to escape out as a snarl. "You have no right to tell me what I should do. This is no land of yours and I shall do as I please. Whether you like it or not." Her tone was cold and hostile, holding no friendliness to it.

The white female lost all amusement when the opposing wolf took a step closer to her. Space was always a deal with her. She didn't like being so close to other wolves; you can't react fast enough if they decide to attack. With the female's words spoken, she truthfully didn't care if it was her business or not. In the future, if she didn't want wolves on her so called territory, she should learn how to mark much better or leave it to the big dogs. "I advise you to back away," was all Athena decided to muster out of her clenched teeth. If the wolf decided not to back away from her, she wouldn't hesitate with attacking her. Personal space was valued and any wolf to intrude it would pay the consequences.

[/dohtml]

THe Journey Continues - Nina - Mar 03, 2012

Not wanting to pick a fight she stepped back cautiously standing protectivly over her herbs, SHe didn't want to start a fight now, she was tired now from acting the way she was. Taking a quick sniff of lavendar she would calm down soon enough. Looking back up at the wolf her emerald eyes were light and gentle. "Please leave me alone then. What do you want? You could have easily ignored me." She didn't enjoy having other wolves that were rude around her, they pissed her off making her mood go from cheery and easy-going to jumpy and annoyed.

Though Nina was not going to let this wolf get the best of her, she never did anyway. MOst of the time if a wolf was rude to her, she was just a little rude back, but this wolf didn't understand Nina, she didn't know her. And her believes were strictly against attacking another wolf unless absolutely needed. She was a fighter though, even as a lone wolf. She had trained herself to fight from the time she was small, she couldn't afford being attacked by another lone wolf, or pack member.

Pinning her ears to the back of her head she sighed, she was giving up being the mean, tough wolf she was being like. She couldn't be like that, her personality was sweet and gentle, she wouldn't pretend to be something else she wasn't. She just wasn't like this, but by the stance of the other wolf she could see that she was almost tense, as if something was bothering her. Though Nina would definitely not mention this, she knew some herbs that could release her tension.

THe Journey Continues - Athena - Mar 06, 2012

[dohtml]

Indeed, it was very wise of the female to back away from Athena. This made the white lady a little less aggravated. But, not enough to get rid of all of it. She shook her head, trying to make herself calmer. Athena began to pace back and forth, looking like a feline cat trapped in a cage with nothing to do. She grumbled to herself as the female tried to speak her peace.

It was true, she could have ignored the female, but in her aggressive state, that wasn’t something she was thinking about doing. The pacing eventually relieved some of her built up tension and she clamed her normally calm stature. Glancing back at the wolf before her, her eyes finally softened again; she began to apologize for her actions. ”Sorry about that,” she began with her foreign accent. ”Things have been rather…stressful for me lately.” She finished with a forced, pathetic smile.

Today was not the day for fighting that was for sure.

[/dohtml]