Ruins of Wildwood
Charred Ash Draw Wanna be in your family - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VIII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+---- Thread: Charred Ash Draw Wanna be in your family (/showthread.php?tid=17611)

Pages: 1 2

Wanna be in your family - Novasta - May 06, 2018

Navasta sniffed the air, and was satisfied. She only smelled one adult female, so it would be easy to get a good rank. Her paws carried her to the border lightly but there they stopped.

"Can I be a good pack member?" she wondered aloud. Her voice seemed unfamiliar, too loud for her. I haven't been in a pack in so long. What if I can't do it? I'm not sure I can. She shivered with a combination of fear and a cool spring breeze that had slid across the land. Navasta lowered her head submissively to whatever made her afraid.

"Okay," she muttered. "Let's practice what I'm going to do if they show up." Navasta tried to cheer herself up with the routine. "I'm going to howl first," She wagged her tail, excited again. "Then I'll wait, and wait, and wait. When they come, I'll lower my head and tell the alpha that I want to join. If he accepts, I'll lick him gratefully and follow them to their den."

She took another step towards the border and, mustering all her courage, howled. It echoed across the land, and and a squirrel scrambled further up a tree in fear.

RE: Wanna be in your family - Kerberos - May 06, 2018

guardian demonstration 1/3
[dohtml]
kerberos rigel
so can we let sleeping dogs lie

There was a furious itch in his paws as he heard the call. Time off the throne had done him well enough but he began to crave it again. He let out a huff as he made his way towards the borders. It wasn't in his power to accept anyone anymore but that didn't mean he still couldn't stick his nose into their business.

While he held himself tall and proud, it wasn't exactly a leader stance. Who are you? He asked as a brow raised sharply, his yellow gaze scanning over her form. She was large and looked healthy. Her scars fazed him little although he wasn't exactly sure he had seen such scarring before. Whatever, wasn't his business yet.

[/dohtml]

RE: Wanna be in your family - Novasta - May 06, 2018

"Hello," she said confidently. "I'm Novasta. And you?"

She stepped back a little to give the wolf space. As she looked at the wolf standing in front of her, Novasta realized how tall she was. She could see right over this wolf's ears! He was clearly a strong wolf but she was bigger.

"You are in Charred Ash Draw, right?" What rank are you?" She was curious about this pack she wanted to join. There was only so much she could find out through scent. "What's the leaders' names? Do you think I'll be accepted?" Novasta wondered if they'd accept someone who broke rules as often as she did. She tried, but... Rules didn't help her help wolves so what good were they?

She looked pleadingly into the tawny wolf's yellow eyes with her own amber ones. "I want to join. Will you accept me?"

RE: Wanna be in your family - Dread - May 07, 2018

Well, this girl was quite blunt and presumptuous wasn’t she? Just because she turned up on the borders and simply asked, she appeared to think that was all that was needed to join a pack. Tenebrae had heard the howl but Kerb had been quicker in arriving so he had hung back for a few moments to watch in the trees. To see how the girl presented herself before making his presence known. And it was certainly worth it.

Yet what made his eyes narrowed the most, other then the clear demand to join, was when she asked what rank Kerberos was, before even asking anything else. Sure, it was an alright thing to ask, to see if the wolf before her was the leader and thus the one letting her into the pack. Yet something felt off about the question, as if rank was the only thing she was after. Yes, he wasn’t naive enough to think all wolves were into living the pack life without some sort of motive, such as high ranks or just overall protection in numbers. But even if he hadn’t rightfully earned being leader, it didn’t mean he wasn’t going to at least step up and act like it to protect the pack.

“And what would you bring to the pack if I accepted you into the pack?” Stepping out of the trees, Tenebrae didn’t wait for her to introduce herself as he proudly curled his tail above his back and stared right into her eyes. They were roughly the same size, with him possibly edging her out just barely in height. However, it was clear that he was broadcasting just who would be allowing her to join. ” Are you good at hunting? Or perhaps you have decent knowledge of healing practices?” If this girl really wanted to join, she had better impress him in some way. They had two pregnant females to look after, after all and even if there was already some in the pack who knew healing, those two skills would still a great asset to the pack right now. Plus, she didn't know that.

Though part of him was tempted to allow her to join and place her at the lowest rung, to see if she hung around and worked hard to earn a true spot in the ranks. Or if she merely scampered off without a word because she didn’t get what she wanted.

RE: Wanna be in your family - Garmir - May 07, 2018

OOC: phone Post. Quality may suffer. Feel free to skip Post order on Garmir's part If needed. ^^

The earthen male came running to the scene, not from the direction the other pack wolves did but rather from same route the newly arrhived female had come from. He had noticed her tracks while patrolling outside the pack borders and her heading had been a cause of concern.

As soon as Garmir saw the other members he slowed down and eventually came to a halt, some five wolves lenght away from her. Three of the pack's able bodied males were plenty of firepower to drive away any threat single loner could pose, but her intentions seemed to be in joining the pack.

He had not heard the early words exchanged and he saw no need to add anything more into it, instead remaining silent and keeping eye on her, as a proper guardsman would...

---

Guardian demostration 1/3

RE: Wanna be in your family - Novasta - May 07, 2018

Novasta was startled by the appearance of another wolf, but reassured herself that it wasn't unusual at all. She knew this new wolf was dominant by how he postured himself and knew enough to lower her head and tuck her tail in.

"I am strong," she said, glancing up at the wolf for a moment before looking down again. "And I know a bit about herbs. I promise I will do whatever work you give me to the very best of my ability." Am I overdoing it? she wondered. "If you allow me to join, I promise this."

Novasta continued her submissive posture, waiting to see if he would say yes.

RE: Wanna be in your family - Kerberos - May 07, 2018

guardian demonstration 2/3 || Posting Order is as follows. Kerberos -> Dread -> Garmir (with permission to skip given by Ghostpaw) -> Novasta

[dohtml]
kerberos rigel

How did she know of Charred Ash Draw? Kerberos knew who their visitors were and he had never seen nor heard of this female before with all her brash questions.

The Rigel would have lashed at her had @Dread not arrived so swiftly following the barrage of words. A bitter taste formed in his mouth where words should have come out. A soft snort escaped him, not meaning anything other than showing his distaste for this meeting.

With it no longer being his place to talk, Kerberos instead stood stiffly with patience. He didn't doubt Tenebrae's abilities and if he had, he wouldn't have handed over the rank while he needed time away.

[/dohtml]

RE: Wanna be in your family - Dread - May 08, 2018

While waiting for a response from her, Garmir appeared as well from behind her. Tenebrae flicked his eyes towards him, giving the other a small nod in greeting before turning back to the newcomer. She answered the questions he had asked and giving out a small hmm, he considered for a few moments.

“You'll be accepted into the pack,” Tenebrae finally answered slowly, glancing over to Kerb as he snorted but for the most part, he ignored it. It was clear Kerb was as impressed with the girl as he was. “On some conditions. You will be on probation and until you've proven yourself, you'll hold the rank of lowest. You have to earn our trust and prove you belong here, do you understand?” Because there was still an odd feeling about this girl in his chest and he wasn't about to allow her in without a few rules. And he hoped that what he had chosen to do wouldn't be taken as too harsh by the others.

RE: Wanna be in your family - Garmir - May 08, 2018

OOC: Phone post. Quality may suffer.

Garmir remained silent because there was nothing he really needed to say. Tenebrae was the leader and he ultimately had the power to accept or reject the newcomer. Garmir paced back and forth behind her while listening the exchange and escpecially what Dread would choose.

Garmir did notice huff that came from his former leader's mouth and the earthen male had slightest of smile on his face. He knew Kerberos would likely say no were it up to him, but he had willfully given away that power. Compared to what Garmir had to offer back when he was joining - being little more than just a corpse - this female was much more valuable.. at least by appearance. It was more the way she spoke that made him doupt her but he was willing to give her a chance - just as he had once been given one.

Tenebrae made his decision. The female would be accepted but she would begin from the very bottom. This sounded fair enough and Garmir silently approved, even if he did not outwardly show it in any way. His gaze briefly moved over to Dread and then from him to Kerberos, Garmir outright curious to see what the former alpha thought about this. To him.. watching these interactions were more fun than actual event.

---

Guardian demostration 2/3

RE: Wanna be in your family - Novasta - May 08, 2018

Novasta came forward as slowly as she could given her great excitement, and licked underneath the alpha's chin. She hoped to the stars above that she did the right thing. It barely registered in her head that she was ranked last; she was happy to be in any pack.

"Don't worry," she said, trying to hold back her excitement. "I won't let you down." Novasta knew she had learned something from the consequences of rule-breaking in her birth pack and could say the words with a clear conscience.

I'm in a pack! she screamed in her head. I'm finally in a pack!