Ruins of Wildwood
Charred Ash Draw Learning to stand. - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Charred Ash Draw Learning to stand. (/showthread.php?tid=18174)

Pages: 1 2

Learning to stand. - Garmir - Jul 30, 2018

OOC: for @Nauja but others welcome as well. We are going to keep good pace however so if you join keep this in mind. ^^

Few Clouds
86 ° F, 30 ° C

[dohtml]

The summer heat was relentless and it was enough to even keep normally dutiful scout from performing his daily routine. Garmir had mostly recovered from his two week long journey but he was still little bit malnourished and on the rugged side. Even eating was a chore in this heat.

He was laying in the shadow of large pine tree, watching the northern end of Charred Ash Draw borders for coyotes, strangers and unlikely return of @Kerberos . He could not make up his mind wether or not he was happy to see the former alpha male leave. On one hand he was (In Garmir's eyes) threat to @Treyah and her children, but in the other hand skilled fighter and valuable member to have by their side if his temper would not fail him. Loosing a male like him was a blow - he decided, and Garmir begin to think how he could add to pack's lost fighting provess in order to keep Charred Ash Draw strong and stable. The situation was not critical yet, but it must not become a trend.

His eyes wandered idly around the territory -as much he could see from his resting place. This particular spot stood little bit uphill, opening wider view to surrounding areas - even if not by much. He noticed movement and immidietly turned his gaze towards it, noting it was coming from the pack's side of the border. He recognized Nauja. "Heading for hunt.... or did Zale run off again?" -he asked, unable to think other reasons for her being here by the border.

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Nauja - Jul 30, 2018

[dohtml]

The sea wolf had left the coolness of the den in the morning hoping that the early hours of the day wouldn't be so hot. She was wrong but she was also restless, used to her being on her paws most of the day Nauja needed something to do. With Zale growing so quickly and making friends she was left to occupy herself while he did puppy things. Sometimes she would lurk watching her son to make sure he was safe but staying out of his way.

With the loss of Kerb it was important to start helping the pack by hunting or doing whatever else needed to be done. It seemed that the prey had the same idea as she and most of her packmates during the unbearable heat. Find a nice cool place and stay there until nightfall. So she soon found herself meandering along the border checking for signs of anything that would be cause for alarm, so far she hadn't found anything.

Her thoughts were elsewhere when the voice of Garmir caught her attention. She was aware that he'd returned from his trip but this was the first she'd seen of him since. She noticed he had found himself a shady spot along the border. “A patrol actually. I think it's high time I start working again, don't you?” She asked as she moved closer to where the male was resting.

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Garmir - Jul 30, 2018

@Nauja

[dohtml]

If the girl wanted to do patrolling, Garmir wasn't going to object to it. More power to her rather. He nodded to her words in a way of approval and then turned his eyes to the borders. For a moment he was wondering if he should go with her, after all if she were to patrol in this heat, Garmir should not lay idle in the shade himself. It would look bad. The earthen male stood up onto his feet, groaning and stretching out. He was coming with her, wether she wanted or not.

"Well, I better come with you. I trust you know what you are doing but I'd feel guilty laying down here while you endure this heat." -he explained. Of course Garmir also had other reasons to come with her, mainly he wanted to talk about few things, learn little more of her.

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Nauja - Jul 31, 2018

[dohtml]

Nauja had to admit that it did feel nice getting back out and doing what she could for the pack. Besides she was sure her growing boy didn't want his mother following him around. She had to trust that Zale would be on his best behavior and if she knew Tyne she was sure he was around close by. She needed this though, Treyah had been kind enough to offer her and her little family a home and the sea wolf needed to pull her weight.

“I don't mind the company at all. You can tell me about your trip while we are patrolling.” She'd been aware that Garmir had been away she just hadn't been clear as to why he'd left. He was back now though and free to ask questions about what had happened. She was a curious woman who liked to know what was happening in the pack.

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Garmir - Jul 31, 2018

OOC: I guess this counts as guardian demostration since they are patrolling? @Nauja

[dohtml]

As soon as Garmir got out of shade he remembered why he had crawled under the tree in the first place. Still, he had offered to come with her and that he was going to do. She asked him about his earlier expedition. Garmir looked at her briefly before setting his eyes on the path ahead as they set off. "What you wish to know? There is quite alot" -he replied to her. It had taken him almost hour to go through every detail with @Treyah prior. If Nauja wanted of course to hear everything, he would give her that. Nothing he had found was really secret.

The ground felt dry underneath his paws. Garmir's paw pads were covered in fine dust, and he could feel heat radiating back from the ground at him. If they were making patrol, they should propably make it towards the river. He at least felt like he needed to cool down and hydrate proper.

Guardian demostration 1/3

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Nauja - Aug 01, 2018

I think so. Guardian Dem 1/3

[dohtml]

Nauja had finally reached the resting place of the male just as he was coming out of the shade. Good. They could get started right away, she didn't want to waste anytime especially in this heat. Still she was glad for the company since it was her first time being back on the border since White Fir Notch had been disbanded, she couldn't believe that it had been over a year since that day. She shook that thought from her head as she focused on what Garmir was saying, “Why did you go?” She asked as a start. Nauja wasn't sure how much she wanted to know so finding out the reason seemed the most logical place to start.

She lead the way along the inside of the tree line hoping to keep to the shade where it would be a little cooler. She still had so much to learn about the land she and Tyne now called home with their son. “It would be nice if we could get some rain,” she did comment as they walked.

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Garmir - Aug 01, 2018

[dohtml]

"Yeah, it would." -He agreed. Having born in further north he had never really got used to this hot summers. As the two followed treeline, Garmir lifted his leg to place another marker. She had asked him why had he left in a first place and it told him she was not aware of Triell perhaps and his disappearance. Was she? He looked at her beofre answering. "I was looking for Treyah's father. That.. and also establishing contacts with packs beyond the mountains. There were coyotes too to look out for. They are more spread than I first thought"

He held a pause in case she wanted specific details on some of the points he gave her. So far he had only told Treyah and Draven exact locations of each of the packs he had found, but he was planning to later let others know as well. One question did come up to him as he looked at her. What role was she to play in the Draw? Once Zale was adult old enough of course. Perhaps if she was interested, she could become scout too - least she seemed keen on learning. "May I ask.. something about you?"

Guardian demostration 2/3

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Nauja - Aug 02, 2018

Guardian Dem 2/3

[dohtml]

Nauja felt a nice strong rain storm would do the job in cooling the forest but for the time being it didn't seem that would be happening. She walked alongside Garmir pausing while he refreshed one of the markers and asking her question. The sea wolf didn't know anything about Treyah's father being missing but it did bring another question to mind, “Did you know her father well?” As that would explain Garmir going to look for him. “Contact with the other packs is good, made something can come out if it.” But the Coyotes were troubling, “I have been wondering about the coyotes and why their numbers in the lore have increased. It's not just that, their behavior is different as well.” She had noticed it with the ones that had tried to come after her, Treyah, and Kerb before she joined.

Further along their path Nauja took a moment to refresh another marker. She didn't feel so awkward about it now that she'd had Zale and was weeks past his birth. Just as she'd finished Garmir had a question of his own. “Go ahead, I don't mind at all.” Though she was curious about what he wanted to know. Nauja didn't have anything to hide so she didn't mind any questions he might ask.

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Garmir - Aug 03, 2018

[dohtml]

If Garmir regretted anything it was not getting to know of @Triell before he disappeared. Now it was too late and every day lord father of Treyah remained absent, his return seemed less likely. He wasn't sure anymore if Treyah herself held any kind of hope of ever seeing him again. "I have only seen him.."

If anything was to come out of contacts Garmir formed remained to be seen in future. However, he wanted to make sure his leaders, especially Treyah was as aware of everything around her, including other packs and it was up to her to decide how she chose to use information he brought to her. Garmir knew well enough he was no advisor or diplomat and thus he could make little to no agreements with other packs on his own. It might be the packs need to band together soon to deal with the coyotes as their numbers were certainly not decreasing. "It is unusual. They are surprisingly coordinated too. I was ambushed by group during my journey."

speaking of coyotes, Garmir could detect faintest of scent marks of those verming skimming the borders as they continued their patrol. Thus far the markers had kept them away, this one seemingly lone scout - but it served to remind him that they were close and waiting. He marked over the scent, kicking his hind legs against the ground to spread his own scent wider before returning to the topic he had started.

"Have you held any roles in a pack before? If you were to have one what would it be?" -He asked, curious about Nauja's possible skill set. Garmir liked to know what each and every pack member was capable of, what their strenghts and weaknesses were as to adjust his own efforts accordingly. He was also in need of another pair of eyes to work with him or in his stead when he was further away from the pack.

Guardian demostration 3/3

[/dohtml]

RE: Learning to stand. - Nauja - Aug 06, 2018

Guardian Dem 3/3

[dohtml]

Nauja thought it odd that a subordinate at Garmir’s level would go looking for the missing father. Especially after hearing that he hadn't known the man well. Shendered if Treyah had set him in the task or if he had taken it upon himself. “Did you have any luck in your journey to find him?” As it was very clear he hadn't brought the man back.

Every day the coyotes remained it the lore it worries Nauja, when were they going to get tired of minding pack borders? She had taken notice of the scents creeping ever closer to their borders despite the markers, they seemed to he keeping them out for now. She worried for her son and what they might do to him if they caught him. “That they are, the group that attacked when I first met Treyah was the same. It's truly worrying and makes me wonder what they are capable of.”

Her brow creased a little as he asked his question. She wasn't sure that a wolf of his standing should be asking such a thing of a wolf higher in the ranks. She'd never been one to really see a wolf's rank over the wolf but she had to admit this did bother her some. Still she humored him despite feeling this was a conversation she should be having with Draven or Treyah.

“I held the role of Fisher in my birth pack,” she answered truthfully, “My last pack disbanded before I had the chance to earn a role. While I was there however my alpha set me on the path of a scout and I found that I rather liked it. It's probably that rile that I will work for here “ She hadn't thought much about White Fir Notch since she and Tyne left. It was still rather painful since it had been the first pack she'd felt truly at home away from the sea.

[/dohtml]