Ruins of Wildwood
Charred Ash Draw Assasin's apprentice - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Charred Ash Draw Assasin's apprentice (/showthread.php?tid=18198)

Pages: 1 2

Assasin's apprentice - Garmir - Aug 03, 2018

OOC: late night, after sun fall.
@Vaken

[dohtml]

Garmir's poison green eyes peeled into the darkness that was the pack borders in late summer night. He could seen reddish tint far in the horizon where sun had settled earlier. The night was warm but least it wasn't unbearably hot like it would be during the mid day were clouds absent. This was the hour of the thief and time Garmir had chosen to meet with Vaken in secret to... discuss about things for future's sake.

He knew the boy preferred to stay near the borders rather than actually join in with the pack, whatever his issues might have been with pack life and while normally this attitude might have proven troublesome, Vaken was exactly the wolf he needed right now. He knew the boy was nearby. He could smell him but he could not quite see him in the dark. He called, calmly as to not rouse attention. None needed to hear what he was about to say. Except perhaps @Treyah.. when time was right.

"Vaken?"

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Vaken - Aug 04, 2018

[dohtml]

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Half asleep beneath a tree, the yearling jolted awake at the sound of approaching steps. He was suspicious, but did not stir right away. Instead, the petite male kept himself incredibly quiet, barely breathing, and remained motionless. Was this a late night border patrol? He did not know much about the Draw, but he knew that this was the first time he had been awaken so late at night. Were they raising security because of the coyotes? Lowering his head to the ground, keeping his ears perked, the small boy tried his best to stay hidden. He knew he was not trespassing, and the pack knew of him, but something felt off. He glanced around the area, trying to find the source of movement, but failed.

When he heard his name be called, Vaken slowly rose and drew his attention to the familiar form- Garmir. He had not been expecting guests. Offering a quiet yip of acknowledgment, Vaken drew attention to himself and came forward. He knew things were suspicious, that the other wolf would not appear at him at night for any old reason, but that was okay. Vaken was very familiar with flying under the radar and bad business. 

He moved softly, barely rustling any leaves on the ground, and stood still a foot away from his companion. “Miss me already?”

I guess I must be having fun
[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Garmir - Aug 04, 2018

[dohtml]

There he was. Garmir approached Vaken silently and then poked his side as the boy asked wether he had missed him already. "No, not yet I'm afraid. I did wish to talk to you however." It seemed the youngster noted something was off with the way he too maintained silence. Very observant. "Come with me..." -He whispered, in last moment remembering to add; "..please" as to not appear too commanding. Garmir had gathered so far this young man did not like authority very much and even less so to be told what to do.

He wasn't going to lead the two very far, Just to the open ground so that Garmir could see what was around him as he would talk to Vaken. He did not want anyone earsdropping on them as secrecy was paramount with what he was about to do. As they arrhived to the open ground Garmir took final glance around to his surroundings to check nobody was close enough to hear - and then sat down, looking down to the ground beside him to invite Vaken to join him. "...You are... rather special, Vaken - you know that?" -he begin, looking towards the eerie light of sleeping sun in the horizon.

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Vaken - Aug 05, 2018

[dohtml]

“You flatter me,” Vaken said sceptically, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. He had followed the male trustingly, and now rested beside him on the floor. It felt good to lay down and relax during the sunrise, but Vaken’s attention was focused carefully on the male’s words. There was something important going on, and he couldn’t put his paw on it. He was fairly tense emotionally, though he kept his composure and maintained a nonchalant position. He was too curious to be patient, but he didn’t dare rush Garmir.

Instead, the small boy tucked his tail around him and nuzzled into the dirt. Did Vaken really think of himself as special? Not really. He wasn’t incredibly smart, or fast, or strong. He was young, and dirty, and struggling to survive on his own. Special wasn’t the word he’d use, but he didn’t try and change his companion’s mind. He knew of his good qualities and modesty was not one of them. Clearly amused with Garmir’s words, the speckled boy licked at a spot on his paw with a faint smirk. “Is that why you invited me on this romantic stroll? Just to butter me up?”

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Garmir - Aug 06, 2018

@Vaken

[dohtml]

"Romantic stroll?" -He asked with bemused look, raising his brow (even though it was propably too dark to tell). If this count as romantic for the boy, so be it, but to Garmir this was entirely professional business. When he had said Vaken was special, he really did mean it, although definition could be applied to broad spectrum of qualities. Vaken had difficult personality when facing authority, seemed to have habit of getting into fights among few other flaws but he also had something Garmir needed.

"You seem to have a thing for adventure, Vaken. I'm sure you see and hear lot of things out there as you go, don't you? I would like to... propose a deal between us - just us - and nobody else. If you can keep a secret that is..." Garmir murmured in pleasant tone, keeping his voice low enough for just the two of them to hear even though they were standing on open ground. He observed her reactions closely as to determine wether or not he could say anything more to him.

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Vaken - Aug 06, 2018

[dohtml]

A quizzical and intrigued expression played along Vaken’s facial features. He was a wolf of means. Garmir’s words were true, the young wolf did like to travel. He had explored a lot of relic lore. He had met many pack leaders in the area, and a great deal more lone wolves. He was sure his information could be helpful to someone like the scarred wolf, someone who valued this type of knowledge. It was clearly very important to Garmir if he was willing to hide it from his own pack. This Garmir- the wolf that held the Leigh name so high, was willing to keep something from them? The yearling felt a warm feeling in his stomach.

It was not love, but a smug, conniving fire. Vaken loved secrets. As for keeping them, the yearling grinned. He was sure he could keep a secret. If the price was right, he would. He wanted to know what the wolf had to say, so he kept his voice quiet and nodded. “I am open to a deal.”

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Garmir - Aug 06, 2018

@Vaken

[dohtml]

"Very good." -Garmir murmured with approval. He held a short pause, again looking ahead into the treeline before opening his mouth again. Vaken seemed almost enthusiastic to agree, which was a good sign. Garmir was definately loyalist towards Charred Ash Draw (or rather, Treyah) and he would be to his dying breath, but less wolves knew Vaken were to be his spy, the better - especially with how easily wolves seemed to abandon their own loyalty around here. It was also better for Vaken's safety if no-one knew he was working for Garmir.

Of course he did not expect such favors to come for free. "I would like to know what you learn out there. The packs you meet, how many wolves they have...where they are. Loners, coyotes, anything remotely relavant.. information in short. Share it with me and I will in turn..."

Garmir turned his eyes from the horizon towards Vaken, not directly into his eyes but to his form, obviously glancing at his old injuries. "In turn I could teach you to defend yourself better... and I would make sure to keep good name for you here in the pack..."

- Scout demonstration? -

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Vaken - Aug 06, 2018

[dohtml]

Vaken licked his lips, deep in thought. Garmir just wanted to know about his travels? Interesting. Vaken did not value that type of secrecy. He would have told anyone about his experiences if they had asked properly. Was it even secrecy for him? He had been around the block once or twice, but didn’t take part in anything he’d consider important. He was just a lone wolf. He didn’t know about the politics between the packs. It meant nothing to him, so of course he nodded. “Sure.”

It seemed like a fitting deal for the young wolf. He wanted to stick around the border for Sahalie and Kino, and if Garmir could make it easier- then perfect. From his perspective, it wasn’t spying, but if it was to someone else- he didn’t care. He would be open with his stories, unless a better deal came along or unless something was standing in his way. While Vaken didn’t value secrecy, he valued loyalty even less. This deal meant very little to him, but he didn’t show it in his body language. Instead, he kept himself composed and silent. 

“Is there something in specific you are interested about?” He glanced at his paws in thought. Vaken wasn’t sure if Garmir was being honest with him. It seemed like an odd deal to make: stories in exchange for protection? “I have only met two packs in large quantites. The Draw,” he gestured with his nose over his shoulder where the border was. “Obviously. Then one high in the north, located by rye fields. There were about five or so grown adults. They protect their borders well.” He racked his brain. He had met a few alphas elsewhere, but not enough to state their weakness if that was what Garmir had wanted. As for the coyotes and loners? He squinted. “I will answer any questions you have, but I have met far too many loners and coyotes to remember.”

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Garmir - Aug 08, 2018

[dohtml]

Vaken was surprisingly co-operative, but that was quite alright for Garmir. He was interested in packs most definately, more so than in loners. There were but a few loners in particular that would interest him. Before he would ask more or specify however, he wanted to make sure Vaken understood what he was doing. "Other packs don't particularly like being spied on I imagine, so again do not mention this to anyone. You might end up beaten up worse should they know. I am most interested in packs of course but there are few individuals I would like to know of if you happen to stumble across." -He explained, holding a pause so that Vaken would be paying more attention.

" Kerberos Rigel. Former member of ours. Medium size, perhaps four years old. Yellow eyes, dark tawny pelt. He might be dangerous." -Garmir wasn't as concerned for the former alpha. In his eyes Kerberos had betrayed Treyah and the pack but he did want to know where the traitor was, why had he run.

"Another one to look for is @Triell Tainn - Treyah's father. Old, large male with dark pelt. He might look imposing but has gentle personality for what I have heard. If you meet him, I wish to know at once. If I'm not around, you can break the rule and go straight to Treyah with the news." -He murmured with a tone that pressed how important the latter individual was. It wen't without saying Vaken would be rewarded should Triell be found thanks to him.

"I will begin training you when you have healed enough. Are we in agreement?"

[/dohtml]

RE: Assasin's apprentice - Vaken - Aug 08, 2018

[dohtml]

The wolf’s attention was starting to wane, but he focused on the names and descriptions with a nod of his head. His eyes were growing heavy, and truthfully he was a little bored. It all meant very little to him, but he tried to concentrate on the important stuff. Vaken was not a responsible wolf, but he was going to try. In this situation, he seemed to be getting the good end of the stick. “Kerberos and Triell. Got it.” He pressed his lips together and mentally scanned through the wolves he had met along his travels. None of them fit those descriptions, but that didn’t mean they weren’t out there. 

Vaken had a lot more exploring to do. They very well could be at his next destination. If Vaken stumbled along into them, fine, but the young boy wasn’t going to search anyone out. That wasn’t the deal. He didn’t have the motivation or loyalty to do something so selfless. He would let Garmir know what was going on outside pack borders if it suited him. As long as he was getting something in exchange, Vaken would be compliant. He was not afraid of pack wolves by many means, which may have been foolish. Regardless, he didn’t see the danger in his actions at all. He was confident and insolent and young. “Sure, sure,” he said dismissively, giving a large yawn. 
 “It’s way past my bedtime,” he added, glancing at the sky with dreary eyes. “Let me sleep now.”

[/dohtml]