Ruins of Wildwood
Swift River an unusual research study - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IX (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+---- Thread: Swift River an unusual research study (/showthread.php?tid=18706)

Pages: 1 2

an unusual research study - Circe - Nov 04, 2018

Maybe a @Vaken? AW though. || RE: Torrential rain has caused flooding in certain areas.

[dohtml]

Despite the rain having turned to snow, it seemed the river still broke over. So she avoided the angry cold edges of the water and watched from a distance. Perhaps she could find some trapped fish or even a drowned creature who had succumbed to rushing waters and cold temperatures.

Her olive gaze looked around the area. She was alone and that meant the sooner she could find something, the more there would be for herself. She was hungry perhaps bordered on starving. Especially after her short stint in the shrouded northern forest. That had been fun and all (she even swore she dreamed she had company there...) but she needed to move again.

This place would do for now. Well, it would do if she found something to appease her appetite.

[/dohtml]

RE: an unusual research study - Vaken - Nov 05, 2018

OOC: couldn't help myself ;)

[dohtml]
when I'm bad I'm better

He swore he could smell the she-wolf from a mile away. It may not have been that far exactly- but it felt like it as he weaved through the woods. He wasn’t sprinting (didn’t want to seem too desperate) but moved quick enough to not miss her, maintaining a sturdy run. When he saw her figure, he slowed down significantly- trying to stay hidden. He hadn’t considered what to do when he got here. He wasn’t sure he wanted to do anything, not even say hello. It was a strange situation to be in, but it would be foolish to turn back now.

He purposely snapped a twig beneath his feet, announcing his arrival in a casual unassuming way. He didn’t want to shout out to her, that felt forced and uncomfortable. This was better. She would see him and be able to make her own decision, stay or leave.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Nov 05, 2018

A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health

RE: an unusual research study - Circe - Nov 05, 2018

[dohtml]

She had been about to move on when a sound caused her attention to flutter elsewhere. A familiar form not too far away. The Tempest did not attempt to hide the smile that cracked her face in half. She had to wonder if that dream had really been a dream or if he had actually been there. It seemed she was fated to have him all around wherever she went. She did not know how or why but she did not question it. This was the one wolf she had not needed to poison to keep around.

A soft rumble built in her throat and vibrated, an invitation for him to come closer. Her tail would even start an easy sway behind her delicate form. She made her body language as open and inviting to him as possible. If he would not go away, neither would she. Not for now at least. Circe had not been made to be tamed even if she had tried to tame everyone else around her.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
when I'm bad I'm better

He moved towards her like a magnet, head low and eyes glistening happily. She was a puzzle to him. He could never assume what she was thinking, what she was going to say. It felt like a constant coin flick, that her reaction would be 50/50. He never knew anyone like that, anyone who kept him on his toes the way she did. She was like a shadow to the man. He didn’t know her well at all- but he wanted to. He didn’t know how to start. He didn’t know what to ask her, he always got too distracted. Even now, he felt his mind turning into fuzz as he approached slowly.

He was clearly infatuated. He tried to hide it with a smug smile, his shoulders broad and mischievous glint in his gaze. He glided across to her, stopping a few feet away. It felt presumptuous to get closer. Even though they weren’t strangers, he wasn’t the domineering kind. He would let her move how she wanted. The events of that night replayed in his mind, but he didn’t dare assume she would be the same now. Things had changed. He knew how the night could make things different. He took a seat, relaxing the muscles in his body. He faced her, his cold nose pointed forward and eyes concentrated. “Feeling better?”

The words were soft, genuinely concerned for her well-being. He was testing the waters too, casually bringing it up as if to avoid startling her. He had left the morning before she had woken up. He was afraid she would resent him for that, but he couldn’t ignore it.

[/dohtml]

RE: an unusual research study - Circe - Nov 05, 2018

[dohtml]

Oh. So perhaps it had not been a dream, vision or hallucination. Surely he had been there in flesh and blood to see her at such a low state. It was mildly embarrassing but she hid it under a small soft smile that seemed so right on her face. "Much." She cooed in response. It was an honest answer. She was not under any influence now.

She padded a bit closer, not bothering to hide that she was silently examining him. "Have you been taking care of yourself?" The Tempest inquired in an almost hushed voice level as she tilted her head to one side. Olive eyes stared expectantly at the younger male. It was obvious she would not let him shrug off the question. The caretaker buried within her heart needed to know that the one wolf she had any sort of connection with was okay.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
when I'm bad I'm better

Her concern was validating, but a little unexpected. He hesitated with an unsure grunt, uncertainty rising in his features. He felt okay. He was eating alright, his health was in good condition. He was bulking up with his winter coat, the fur around his neck even more mane-like. He wiped his nose with his paw and scoffed. “Gotten into a few fights recently, nothing serious though.” Vaken was not a tough guy. He wasn’t trying to sound like it in the moment, his voice even softer and weaker than usual, almost as if apologizing. The subtle scars under his fur did not hurt, there was no risk of infection. He was overall healthy. His unsure tight-lipped stare lightened, the corners beginning to twitch upwards in a playful grin.

He twitched his tail at her dismissively, attempting to brush off her worries. She didn’t need to worry about him. He barely even worried about himself- he wasn't that type of wolf. “I’m doing fine Circe, really.” He lowered his fluffy tail back down and wrapped it around his paws, warming them up with the thickness, scrambling to change the subject. “Winter’s coming,” he whispered, knowing she was close enough to hear. Even now, bits of snow were drifting from the sky, the flooded area beneath their feet beginning to freeze. The words were loaded with meaning. He wasn’t just stating a fact, but acknowledging the danger the cold could mean for loners like them. “What are you going to do?”

[/dohtml]

RE: an unusual research study - Circe - Dec 02, 2018

ahh sorry for this wait. @Vaken

[dohtml]

A brow pitched upward and she found herself lacking the proper words at that moment. It was a good thing he carried on or she might have just stared at him forever. She could have made a piss poor attempt to circle back the question but her lips simply pressed tightly together, brow settled once more.

She could not decipher what his words truly meant. Winter was indeed on its way. Did he merely feel the need to remind her of possible impending doom? Then he questioned her and she let her shoulders roll nonchalantly. "I assume I'm going to do what I've always done. Find a way to survive and make it to the spring." It had always been her and her mother until it hadn't been. Then it had been her. All alone with the occasional captive.

"You?" She questioned back with a soft stare sealed to his facial features.

[/dohtml]

RE: an unusual research study - Vaken - Dec 12, 2018

OOC: sorry x20000 for the wait

[dohtml]
when I'm bad I'm better

It was a fair enough answer, but the yearling’s forehead creased unhappily. He wanted something more from her. He wanted her to have a full proof method for survival. He wanted her to say she was planning on joining a pack, or that she had found other loners to travel with. It was an unfamiliar feeling, caring so much for the well-being of another individual. He looked at her with genuine tenderness and fear. He didn’t want her to struggle this winter. Didn’t she have any family? He couldn’t find it in him to ask, forcing his lips closed in a tight line. He had never found someone so alluring than Circe. He was drawn to her like a moth to flame, but he was scared of her reaction. The last thing he wanted to do was make her upset. He couldn’t find it in him to ask something so personal, something he didn’t feel entitled to. It would drive him crazy wondering, but he didn’t have a choice.

He cleared the curiosity out of his expression and tightened his tail around his paws. “I’ll follow you,” he whispered. “I will make sure you are okay this winter.”

[/dohtml]

RE: an unusual research study - Circe - Dec 16, 2018

[dohtml]

She had to wonder what went on behind those yellow eyes, what thoughts he possessed within his skull. She yearned to know. Yet what greeted her when he spoke lit her on fire. The small female could only find it in herself to stare at him as she processed what he had laid out in front of her. An offer that felt too good to be true.

Did he know what web he had waltzed into with her?

"Then I will look after you in turn." The Tempest had finally found it in her to speak and her voice had remained surprisingly mellow. "I know healers are typically worthless in the winter but I have plenty of skills to care for you should something happen." Dear heavens she begged for something to happen. A slip up for her to trap him in. She needed to secure the company now that she had it.

[/dohtml]