Ruins of Wildwood
Official 2. Player Behavior Rules - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Rules and Game Guides (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Forum: Rules (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Official 2. Player Behavior Rules (/showthread.php?tid=19230)

2. Player Behavior Rules - Spirit of Wildwood - Jan 18, 2021

[dohtml]

Player Behavior Rules

Overview

While RoW doesn't have many rules, and most are just common sense, we do require some guidelines to keep the game flowing as smoothly and fairly as possible. Detailed below are the main principles and guidelines we expect and wish for you to follow while you're part of our community.

[/dohtml]

RE: 2. Player Behavior Rules - Spirit of Wildwood - Jan 18, 2021

[dohtml]
[/dohtml]

Out of Character Rules

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Civility and Respect

Civility and Respect are also important in RoW, and everyone in the game should be treated with politeness and courtesy whether they are staff or not and in return you should expect the same treatment. If any conflicts or disagreements do arise we ask you to keep them somewhere private (such as PM) and only involve a staff member if necessary. If you feel that it can only be resolved with staff-assistance, please reach out to Spirit of Wildwood rather than a particular staff member, as we will be discussing the whole thing as a group.

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Character Ownership (Adoptables)

All characters are considered to be owned by their creators.

In order to maintain fairness, the player(s) that make characters available for adoption will maintain full rights to that character up until the adopter has made 40 posts. Before 40 posts have been reached the player(s) that created the character have the right to reclaim or re-adopt it as they see fit. After 40 posts the character is considered fully owned by the adopter and can only be reclaimed with the consent of the adopter.

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Communicating OOC Preferences

The most common source of frustrations between members comes from a mismatch/misunderstanding of how the other player wants to play the game. Some people prefer to organize things OOC, others do not; some love getting alerts, other people feel suffocated by a growing number of tags; etc, etc. To be sure, there's no right way to play the game, but there are better ways of communicating how you want to play the game. While it's always great to reach out and talk to people to gauge their preferences, we realize that's an ideal world and that it's not always possible or likely that people will talk to each other. Therefore, we'd like to ask that people put in their OOC player profiles (in the player blurb section), any of the following preferences in the next post.

[dohtml]

List of Preferences.

Feel free to add your own!

availability

• Let me know before you create a thread for me, to make sure I have time
  • You don't have to ask to create threads with me - I just might not join them right away
  • If we're in the same pack, you don't have to ask to create threads for me. Everyone else, please ask.
  • If I don't respond in X amount of days to a thread, please send me a PM to remind me
  • I keep on top of my posts. Please don't PM me to remind me about owed posts

joining threads

• Please don't join my threads without asking me and the other person/people
  • You're free to join my threads at any point (even late in the game)
  • x character is always welcome to join my threads and might pop in at any time
  • I prefer to participate in AW threads to private threads.
  • I prefer planned threads to be private.

plotting

• Contact me to plot!
  • I'm available for new plots!
  • I have a lot of plots right now, I'm not really looking.
  • I like to keep things ic only. Don't contact me to plot.
  • The things I say about my character OOC are what they think/would do
  • I might discuss some things OOC, but I can't make promises about what my character will do, or I might turn you down.
  • I don't like to discuss my characters thoughts/feelings/reactions to things that haven't happened, please don't approach me about that.
  • I would prefer to be warned if you are going to do something drastic to my character, even if there's nothing I can do
  • I would prefer not to have warnings if you are going to do something drastic – I love a good plot twist!

alerts

• Don't tag me in threads unless you want me to join them. I get a lot of alerts
  • I want to know when my character is thought of/talked about, please tag me!
  • I subscribe to all my threads, you don't need to tag me to let me know you replied
  • Please tag me to let me know when you've replied

assumptions/powerplay

• Talk to me first before making any assumptions about my character
  • Small pp that make the thread go by quicker are fine, don't feel like you have to ask
  • Please don't make any assumptions about my character at all
  • Your character shouldn't know my character unless they've met IC/heard about my character IC
  • Your character can know my character if they're in the same pack, but never formerly met

skipping

• I don't mind being skipped sometimes, just ask me!
  • Please don't skip me, I don't like it.

IC Fights/Challenges

• I prefer to use dice rolls, it's fun!
  • I prefer not to use the dice rolls, and I would like if we could talk things out and only go to dice rolls if necessary.

Code.

Code:
[list]
[h2]availability[/h2]
[*]Let me know before you create a thread for me, to make sure I have time
[*]You don't have to ask to create threads with me - I just might not join them right away
[*]If we're in the same pack, you don't have to ask to create threads for me. Everyone else, please ask.
[*]If I don't respond in X amount of days to a thread, please send me a PM to remind me
[*]I keep on top of my posts. Please don't PM me to remind me about owed posts
[h2]joining threads[/h2]
[*]Please don't join my threads without asking me and the other person/people
[*]You're free to join my threads at any point (even late in the game)
[*]x character is always welcome to join my threads and might pop in at any time
[*]I prefer to participate in AW threads to private threads.
[*]I prefer planned threads to be private.
[h2]plotting[/h2]
[*]Contact me to plot!
[*]I'm available for new plots!
[*]I have a lot of plots right now, I'm not really looking.
[*]I like to keep things ic only. Don't contact me to plot.
[*]The things I say about my character OOC are what they think/would do
[*]I might discuss some things OOC, but I can't make promises about what my character will do, or I might turn you down.
[*]I don't like to discuss my characters thoughts/feelings/reactions to things that haven't happened, please don't approach me about that.
[*] I would prefer to be warned if you are going to do something drastic to my character, even if there's nothing I can do
[*] I would prefer not to have warnings if you are going to do something drastic – I love a good plot twist!
[h2]alerts[/h2]
[*]Don't tag me in threads unless you want me to join them. I get a lot of alerts
[*]I want to know when my character is thought of/talked about, please tag me using the site alert system/discord!
[*]I subscribe to all my threads, you don't need to tag me to let me know you replied
[*]Please tag me to let me know when you've replied
[h2]assumptions/powerplay[/h2]
[*]Talk to me first before making any assumptions about my character
[*]Small pp that make the thread go by quicker are fine, don't feel like you have to ask
[*]Please don't make any assumptions about my character at all
[*]Your character shouldn't know my character unless they've met IC/heard about my character IC
[*]Your character can know my character if they're in the same pack, but never formerly met
[h2]skipping[/h2]
[*]I don't mind being skipped sometimes, just ask me!
[*]Please don't skip me, I don't like it.
[h2]IC Fights/Challenges[/h2]
[*] I prefer to use dice rolls, it's fun!
[*] I prefer not to use the dice rolls, and I would like if we could talk things out and only go to dice rolls if necessary.
[/list]

[/dohtml]

RE: 2. Player Behavior Rules - Spirit of Wildwood - Jan 18, 2021

[dohtml]
[/dohtml]

In Character Rules

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Godmodding/Powerplaying

Each character played on RoW can only be controlled by their player, that means that we don't allow any powerplaying or god modding to take place. This is where you either write what another character does without permission of their player, or when you play your character 'God-like', without flaws or error and have them be the best at everything. This applies to reading other threads as well—your character can't know something just because you read about it in another thread if they have no way to have known.

Note: Individual players may make exceptions to the powerplaying rule. If you are okay with your character being powerplayed, please indicate how and to what extent in your signature or in an Out of Character note in individual posts.

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Humans

Relic Lore is 100% free of human inhabitants. Some scientists dropped off wolves in 2021 as part of a rehabilitation project and then promptly left without a trace. Your characters may have had previous interactions with humans before they arrived, but they not run into any in Relic lore.

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Liquid Time

Liquid time allows players to write in multiple threads at a given time, but with the understanding that not all these threads take place at the same time. Players may also back-date threads within reason (i.e. a couple of weeks are fine but months are not). If your character is in a critical thread such as joining a pack, a serious fight, etc. please be considerate of by not powerplaying the results of these threads (by writing your character as already in the pack or without serious injuries).

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Writing Format

When posting in RoW please keep your posts in third person, i.e. "he/she/they howled", not "I howled", like you are writing a story about a character rather than being that character yourself.

[dohtml][/dohtml]

Explicit Content

We encourage members to get creative with their plots while keeping them within the bounds of realism. However, we do not allow plots that include explicit adult material, including sexual assault and rape. We ask that you tag any threads that might contain other adult material like excessive swearing, gore, or sexual themes. Simply putting an { m } in your topic title for gore, sexual themes, or triggering topics will suffice. For just swearing please use an s instead of an m. If your thread contains content some may find upsetting or triggering please use
Code:
[tw]topic[/tw]
so others are warned of the contents.

[dohtml][/dohtml]

LGBTQ+ Characters

It is important to state that RoW is LGBTQ+ Friendly and that we cater to a wide spread of people. Our number one rule is Civility and Respect — so we ask that you please remember it! If a problem arises that cannot be solved privately, please send a message to Spirit of Wildwood.

Transition Due to RoW being a wolf site and semi-realistic, there cannot be hormone replacement or surgeries to physically change your characters. However this update still allows them to present themselves in gender as they see fit!

Breeding Season and Puppies Please note that sex will be the determining factor on whether your character can carry a litter or not. While your character may identify however they like as a parental role, only those of the female sex will be able to carry. As such, only those of the male sex may impregnate others.

Parents should also state what the birth sex is for puppies in their adoption information. However a puppy who is AF/MAB (assigned female/male at birth!) may change as the player writes them. Parent characters may reasonably have reactions to any news shared of such changes. We urge you to keep reading on to understand the limitations of reactions, though.

Behavior and Plotting We do not like to stifle plots or monitor characters, but we do want to ensure comfort and safety on site. This is important in making sure everyone enjoys their time here on RoW, so please read closely.

Characters are allowed to have a negative response in regards to finding out that other characters are LGBTQ+ provided that it is done in a respectful manner. Examples of which might include, a parent finding out their child is LGBTQ+ and being disappointed they won't have grandkids, or a character being confused regarding learning the news (they are wolves and may have never heard of these things before!) But they cannot be violent, derogatory, or over the top. Again, our first rule has always been, and always will be civility and respect.

Characters who have a personality or motive built off of homophobia/transphobia/etc. will not be welcomed. We understand misgendering may happen in introductions (these are wolves!) and negative emotions may exist, however repeatedly engaging in anti-LGBTQ+ behavior may issue a warning.

In similar vein, we will be banning plots that involve a character dying for the reason of their sexuality or gender identity. Absolutely no characters should be attacking or killing others for their sexuality or gender identity.

Example: Bob had just found out that Luke was trans. Bob proceeded to attack, and kill, Luke because he had felt angry about what he had just found out.

A plot like the above would not be allowed under this new rule.

We would also like to stress that while we are currently allowing reasonably written negative responses in character, this absolutely does not apply to out of character areas of the site, including our discord. Plots can be discussed freely of course, but we have a zero tolerance policy for homophobia/transphobia for our members, and anyone engaging in such behaviours will be banned. For example Ghost and Tasha are discussing a thread where Bob finds out Luke is trans and Bob tells Luke that that's a weird thing to be. Ghost says she can see why Bob is confused since he had never heard of being trans before or wondering how Bob's mate Susan will react. This is okay! If Ghost was to say that being trans is weird, not okay.