Ruins of Wildwood
Sacred Grove All of the flutter - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Sacred Grove All of the flutter (/showthread.php?tid=19243)

Pages: 1 2

All of the flutter - Vanadis - Jan 19, 2021

RE: The sky darkens with ash from a distant forest fire.
Hot breath fell from her maw in short, curling puffs as she moved through the darkness, her peachy gaze set on the horizon before her. Vanadis wasn't really sure what it was that she was looking for, but perhaps when she found it, she'd know. Maybe it had been a subconscious decision that brought her paws to this strange land, an insatiable curiosity that had her following the path that might potentially lead her to her parent's birthplace. Hell, she didn't even know if she had gone the right way, or if she would know when she found it. After all, there were many countless mountains and willow trees in the world.

Her paws stilled at the scent of smoke, rising from the west to form a small cloud, just beginning to cover the stars above. Fire, in the middle of winter? At least the snow would keep the flames at bay. Pale eyes flickered to the mountain, as she debated scaling the heights to get a better look.

RE: All of the flutter - Aleister - Jan 20, 2021

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
blood is thicker

Heavy paws crept across the snow covered Lore under a gloomy sky taking the Vuesain male back towards the Lake from which he came. Having spent some time at the Falls and meeting the ebony cloaked woman, Aleister deemed it was time to return to his sister who waited for him upon the mountain.

The rogue had been away for long enough, but he decided to still take the easier way back to her by going through the Sacred Grove then through the Heights. The stars barely alight against the ashy sky, Aleister luckily didnt need their assistance on finding his way home. He knew the way quite well enough, though he rarely ever came back from his travels when he was younger. The breeze shifted to bring him news from the clearing up ahead.

Despite the blackened sky, the vixen's form was easily noticeable in comparison.With the smoke heavy in the air, he was barely able to distinguish her scent. Had the fae been traveling in a different direction, the rogue would have avoided her all together. Only because conversation was vexing for the male at times. However, she was in the path that he needed to travel through to return to the Lake. Clearing his throat loud enough for her to notice, Evening, miss.

[/dohtml]

RE: All of the flutter - Vanadis - Jan 20, 2021

[dohtml]

Lost in her thoughts, and being that he was downwind of her, Vana was surprised to hear the clearing of a throat from behind. Pale eyes swept from the billowing smoke above, to find the source, settling on a mottled-brown man. He was older than she was, and stood a few inches taller. The scents on his coat were faded, though that hardly meant he was alone. "Evening." She offered in reply, finally taking note of his mis-matched eyes. How interesting. She'd never met a wolf with such a discernable feature.

Normally, she might have simply shared a pleasantry or two and moved on, but the journey from the Loch had been long and arduous, and most of all, boring. "Did you come from that way?" Her head tipped towards the smoke, as a questioning glance settled over her delicate features.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
blood is thicker

As his words left his maw, her cream cloaked frame turned to face him with her pale peach gaze finding his. Her curves and features were youthful and pretty, most likely a few years younger than the rogue. She replied simply and his gaze held to try to take in more of her. There was a slight notable scent on her coat, but the Vuesain couldn't quiet place it with the stench of smoke clouding his senses.

Offering him a question, he couldn't help but follow her gaze to understand what she was inquiring. No, I came from the waterfall a little north of here. I'm returning to the mountain. He answered, keeping his intended whereabouts vague for now. As an experienced loner, you could never trust someone too quickly. Anything could be ruse that could lead to unfortunate circumstances. The fire is pretty distant from here, but the wind is bringing all the ash south Having seen approximately where the scorching fire was, they safe here. For now.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

The man did not seem bellicose, as he offered his previous whereabouts freely, and without the underlying paranoia she was used to. That, or he was a good liar. "Ah." The exclamation was accompanied with a nod, though she felt a slight disappointment that he couldn't tell her more about it. Word of a waterfall ahead seemed interesting enough. Perhaps she would continue North, then. "Do you live here?" She had already connected the dots herself when he used the word 'returning', but figured that the polite thing to do was ask.

As his eyes oddly-colored orbs found their way back to the smoke, so too did hers. Mmm. And at least it shouldn't spread with all of the snow." Then, almost as an afterthought, she spoke, "I wonder what caused it." She hadn't heard thunder, but then again she hadn't really been paying attention to whether or not there was lightening present in the distance.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
blood is thicker

Had the Vuesain more time, perhaps curiosity would have won out and he would have ventured closer to the blaze to determine exactly where is was and if it posed ang danger to the mountain. However, he was to return to his sister as promptly as he could as he told her only a few days time would he be absent. Not one to be breaking his vow now, he couldn't afford an adventure today. Instead he was comforted enough to know it was far enough away to pose too much threat. Though, he would keep an eye upon it to make sure it stayed that way.

Her inquiry perked his ears slightly, his gaze looking to hers. I suppose now I do again, he muttered, still unsure exactly how he felt about being back in the Lore again. Having spent almost the entirety of his life away from his birthplace, he wasnt sure how he felt about being back. Most likely for a more permanent period as well with Neha's intentions with the Cove.

He was too unsure of how the forest fire started in the first place being winter had its icy grip upon the Lore. However, he's seen more peculiar things happen and nature was an unexpectedly force. Might of been a freak storm, but not interested in finding out personally. As long as it stayed to the north away from him and his sister, he was fine with it. Perhaps it may bring the herds further south even.

Where are you headed? He asked politely, perhaps she was headed somewhere or from somewhere to give him an idea if there was anyone else inhabiting the Lore. The fact the once diverse lands were now barren and the rogue was still unsure as to why. 

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]

The woman could hear in his words that there was a story there, but she didn't want to pry. Well, she did, but she had thought better of it. "This place must be nice if you find yourself returning to it." Unless things wherever else he was went south, and this place was just a fallback? Or maybe it was more of a someone than a something he had come back for? Whatever the story was, Vanadis could only hope he would offer the information freely, but had no qualms if he chose to keep his thoughts to himself.

He didn't seem as interested in the fire as she had been, and so she let the subject fall to the wayside as she considered his next question. When she initially set out on her own it had been less about just leaving the Loch, and more about creating her own future. The safety and comfort her birthpack provided was fine, and all, but the itch in her paws hadn't been satiated by either of those things, but as for where she was going, even Vana didn't know. "I'm not sure. Maybe to Silent Moon Plateau, or Willow Ridge. Wherever they are." A light chuckle left her lips as she spoke, thinking that the concepts would be just as abstract to him as they were to her.

[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
blood is thicker

Mulling over her words, he thought carefully on why he really was back. The Lore was mostly like any other place, but this land held more heartache than most. This land tugged at his heart and made him realize everything he missed in his youth. It's the wolves that have me returning. My sister and I were born here. This had to the most he's conversed with a stranger before. The ash must be clouding his mind.

Two names left her lips, one of which was familiar to the Vuesain, but not the former. He knew the area of where Willow Ridge had once laid, but from what he gathered everyone had deserted from these lands including packs with them. Willow Ridge is just due south of here. However, I don't know about the Plateau or if any of one is still there. From what my sister and I gathered, everyone has deserted the Lore, he bluntly told her. Unfortunately if she was here to find anyone who was once here, she was not going to be in luck. 

[/dohtml]

RE: All of the flutter - Vanadis - Jan 24, 2021

[Dohtml]

"Ah. That makes sense." Vana offered a nod as she spoke, noting that at least this place seemed a viable option to have young, which meant that there would be prey to find.

Much to her surprise, the man hadn't laughed, or thought those names silly. Instead, he gave her the location to Willow Ridge. Pale eyes flitted away from the smoke once more, and crossed over the stranger's dark features, searching for a hint of sarcasm, or a sly smile. Finding none, she allowed curiosity to paint over her features as she asked, "South? How far.." Whatever she had been about to say died on her tongue as his words began to sink in.

Everyone was gone? Of course she expected the Plateau to be gone. Her mother had told her as much, but.. the Ridge? Wasn't it supposed to be an Empire? Surely they hadn't deserted the lore too...? "Everyone? Why? What happened?"

[/dohtml]

RE: All of the flutter - Aleister - Jan 26, 2021

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

Her pale gaze seemed to scour over him, looking for any ounce of deception, but he was truthful in his words and he hoped she would realize that. Aleister had no motive to lie to the woman, the Ridge wasn't anything of his concern to hide. Depending on how fast you travel, I'd say about two days from here give or take, he answered as well as he could, having not traveled to the Ridge in sometime he only could tell her what he remembered.

Questions came buzzing from her lips, but unfortunately the Vuesain male didn't not have many answers for her. I'm not sure about everyone, but it seems whatever packs were once here a few years ago have all moved on. My sister and I came back to almost a barren land, but there seem to be others coming back as well. He gave her as much information as he could, as much as he really knew at this point. He wanted to guess it may have been the coyotes that where rampaging the lands, but he couldn't be certain. When I was here last, there was a influx of coyotes running about. I'm not sure if that is what drove everyone away, but it could have become too much of a problem.

[/dohtml]