Ruins of Wildwood
Poison Path ghost - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Poison Path ghost (/showthread.php?tid=19265)

Pages: 1 2

ghost - Aleister - Jan 22, 2021

for @Nash
1.22.2021 | late evening | clear sky | 10.4 ° F
rated S for swearing

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
all i ever wanted was for somebody to give a fuck

Hesitating at the mouth of the once overgrown path, his mismatched gaze tried to peer as far he could towards the abandoned den site that laid hidden alongside the mountain lake. The path was piled high with snow, but he knew what would grow here come spring. Memories of him as an adolescent scouring the lands around him, he never got himself to travel down the nightside riddled path. His parents had constantly warned him to not touch the dangerous plants that grew here almost exclusively, so he kept his curiosity at bay throughout his childhood. But now, that curiosity returned imploring him to explore the depths of the danger. A paw lifted towards the path, his ears perched forward. Aleister wanted to see what this place was all about and if they were going to call this place home again, he needed to know everything about the lands he claimed.

The path was dark, the deadly plants had succumbed to the mountainous snow piles. It didn't take him long to come upon the old den side, the wreckage of boulders from the mountain above. The abandoned den quite similar to the Cove den, but his held no warm memories for the Vuesain. Instead it was cold and dark. The fur upon his nape began to rise as if a ghost of the past was caressing him beckoning him to join them. 

[/dohtml]

RE: ghost - Nash - Jan 22, 2021

Nash had taken to roaming the old territory when he wasn’t with Chan, and sometimes when they were together, too. It was strange, being home again, and not leaving. It was even stranger - and yet all the better - because not only did he have his brother back, he had his mother too! If only Staryn would come home…

The dark man squashed that thought down, as he did every time it came up. He missed his twin; he missed having her by his side, as he hadn’t had since they were little. She had the wanderlust and he didn’t even know if she was alive. She disappeared long before the rest of the pack, even before their father died.

Wandering helped him push down the thoughts he didn’t like. Wandering was safe. It was what he knew best. Two thirds of his life were spent wandering, searching for the others. He had a lot of practice at not thinking about things that hurt. He needed to keep a positive outlook, especially now that his mother and brother were back. He needed to be strong from them, too.

After so long looking for his stray pack members, Nash found himself looking for scents unconsciously, which he only realized when he pulled up at the entrance to a path his parents had pressed upon him never to enter as a pup. Aleister had walked here recently; his solitary footprints in the snow were as much an indicator as his scent. Nash swiveled his ears, but heard nothing more than the muffled sounds of a snowy forest.

He turned and carefully followed the Vuesain’s footprints, not wanting to sneak up on the man.

Nash caught up to him near what looked to be an old den site with a rockfall, mirroring the very place his own father rested. He idly wondered if this one killed anyone too, then shook the macabre thought off.

”Mind if I join you?” Nash asked quietly. With the twilight growing ever darker and the snow muting everything around them, it seemed wrong to speak loudly. There almost seemed to be whispers in the small clear space around the den mouth. Nash’s fur prickled uncomfortably.

RE: ghost - Aleister - Jan 22, 2021

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
but i waited there forever but nobody even looked up

The twilight above him illuminated everything around him, beckoning the darkness to take over the place he stood. The quiet snow covered forest seemed even more deafening as his ears strained for any sign of life against the whispers of the past. His mismatched gaze widened slightly when the cool breeze wrapped around him coldly, but before he could succumb to the panic building in his body, he shook the distress away. His agouti coat spaying what snowflakes had settled upon him to the ground around him, a deep sigh escaping his mouth in a white cloud. Aleister wasn't going to allow the creepy feelings take over him, the mystery of this place adding to the suspense.

The moment the soft words of his companion reached his ears, the panic he tried so hard to drown shot through his body propelling his paws into the icy air. Fuck! Holy shit Nash! Uh wow... did you just get here? He asked breathlessly as he whirled around to face the ebony man. His breath catching in his throat as he tried to soothe the panic and humiliation of getting scared by the kid.

[/dohtml]

Even though Nash had tried not to sneak up on Aleister, his words seemed to scare the man straight out of his pelt. The severity of Aleister’s jump caused Nash to jerk in surprise himself, though his reaction was a mere twitch in comparison to the older man’s.

Nash’s ears flicked at the string of profanity that came from his counterpart’s mouth, but he quelled the urge to laugh. No reason to embarrass him further. ”Yeah, I was just patrolling and I noticed you came down this way.” he glanced around. Aleister had to have been nervous for Nash’s presence to startle him so much. ”Did you see something? What’s got you spooked?”

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
i felt a lot of pain but it didn't stop my heart

God, why did this have to be so embarrassing. He must of looked ridiculous to the young lad, probably didn't seem like someone who didn't seem like his age even. Clearing his throat, hoping the kid wouldn't see him as a big scaredy cat. Oh good, he wasn't here for long to see him start to panic from the creepy feelings this place gave off. Nodding at his words, he pretended nothing was amiss, not like he just almost reached the stars with his back. It's nothing, just thought I heard something, he truthfully answered, his ears perking up once again. How have you been fairing?

[/dohtml]

Nash nodded as Aleister explained why he was jumpy. Things were pretty quiet down here, and there did seem to be something in the air. The darker man was certainly uncomfortable on the poison path, though that might have been because his parents always forbade him from coming down here. He shuddered. ”It’s… creepy, down here,” he said.

At Aleister’s question, Nash smiled a little. ”It’s good to be back in the Cove, to stay this time. It’s… weird, not wandering, you know? I’ve been alone for…” he paused to think for a moment, even though he knew the number immediately. Hard not to count the days when you were missing your family. ”Almost two years now. And I came home during that time, but nobody was here… and now suddenly we’re all back, and I have Chan and mama too,” his tail swayed behind him. He peered at Aleister. He didn’t know much about the Vuesain; most of them had gone by the time he was old enough to really remember anyone. ”How about you?” This man was likely going to be his alpha soon. It would be good to get to know him.

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
i tried once before and i think i might have messed up

Creepy was just the description. Now he was relieved to think he actually listened to his parents and didn't visit this place when he was younger, probably would have gave him nightmares for months. Very... He agreed, his gaze falling towards the boulder den once again, glancing to see if anything unusual was inside. His mother was right to warn him away from this place, but he was still relieved to visit just to know it really wasn't all that bad. Just a little creepy...

He smiled at the boy's words, happy that the inky coated Eastfall had part of his family back together. Aleister wasn't sure how he would be if he didn't have Neha. She meant everything to him and to not be with her, he couldn't even imagine. He never wanted to imagine it. I'm happy you have them again. He truly was. The Vuesain learned a little too late how important family was. Now he was never going to make that mistake again. It's been an adjustment... He answered truthfully, not wanted to lie to young man. Never staying too long in one place for most of my life, it's something to get used to. But it feels right to stay. For Neha and myself. The rogue finally felt like he belonged somewhere.

[/dohtml]

‘Adjustment’ was certainly a good word to describe what it was like to settle down, but it was an adjustment he was happy to make. Besides, he could always go hunting or potentially scout for the pack once things became permanent. But that was something he shouldn’t think about yet, much less bring up. He didn’t want them to think he was already trying to find an excuse to run away, and he didn’t want to stray too far from Chan and Mama for a good long while. He was content to just be here, with his family. That family included Aleister and Neha now, too. The new pack would be his home.

”Family is worth it,” Nash agreed, thinking again of Staryn and hoping she was okay, wherever she was. Maybe she’d found herself a nice mate and settled down. He liked to think she was living a nice life. ”I didn’t get as much time with my dad as I would have liked before he died, and then for everyone to disappear so soon after…”

Nash hadn’t put too much thought into it, but he realized now in his fervor to make up for his father’s loss, he’d not only abandoned his mother to her grief but also left himself unable to fully process the enormity of suddenly being alone. Maybe that’s why he still talked to his father’s grave.

[dohtml]
aleister vuesain
i think i might of messed up

He was happy. Happy to be here with Neha at his side, to reclaim what once was meant for them, what was still meant to be theirs. Though, Aleister never meant for it to become his. The rogue was never the leading type, but he would do whatever possible to keep the weight off Neha's shoulders. He would carry thousands of pounds to make sure she was still light as a feather. Life already burdened her with so much heartache, so he was determined she would live the rest of days unburdened and weightless. She was worth it, just like Nash said. Family was worth everything and the Vuesain had finally learned that sentiment.

Me either. I left at a very young age and never really got to know my parents. I wish I never left, but now I'm hoping to make them proud. He muttered, really hoping his mother and father are looking down at him with smiles. Hey, want to go secure the borders with me?

[/dohtml]

Listening to Aleister explain that he too didn’t get to know his parents well, Nash couldn’t help but draw comparison to his own older brother. Chan had spent a lot of time away from the Lore, exploring and meeting new wolves growing up. At least he’d said goodbye, though. And he was back, just like Aleister was back.

He smiled at the lighter man. ”I’m sure they are. You found Neha, didn’t you? And now you’re back, and you’re healthy and you remember them. That’s what’s important, isn’t it?”

The conversation suddenly turned with an invite to secure borders. Nash straightened and pricked his ears. ”I’d love to,” he said with a slight tail wag. They were still solidifying their scent markers, since the territory had been so long abandoned. He was honored that he would be able to have a - dare he say it? - founding role in marking the bounds for their new/old pack.