Ruins of Wildwood
Lost Lake Its been too long my dear - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Lost Lake Its been too long my dear (/showthread.php?tid=19267)

Pages: 1 2

Its been too long my dear - Moonshadow - Jan 22, 2021

[dohtml]

I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Im keeping things about her return a little vague since the group reunion hasnt happened yet as well as her timeline for individual threads :) for @Nash

The sun peeked out from behind a stray cloud, bathing the earth in its warm glow. Sun bathing in the winter was no where near as satisfying as it was in the summer, but Moonshadow's inky pelt always drank the warmth of the rays no matter the season. The ebony woman was laying on a large rock that hung over the lakes edge. A spot she had been coming to since her arrival in the cove when she was but a yearling. It was a safe quiet place that allowed her to think and work through her emotions. Today's visit was no different than the ones of the past. She was home, overwhelmed with an array of emotions. Joy, happiness, gratefulness, sorrow, guilt, grief all swirled about her heart and mind. Knowing what would happen if she pushed the negative feelings down, Moon couldnt let that happen. She had learned long ago with @Kajika to face those emotions and deal with them. So her large bony frame lays atop the overhang while cool silver pools watch the landscape vacantly. With a long sigh Moon began to move from her perch. She had enough alone time for the day, it was time she spent time with her family.

Word Count: 000

[/dohtml]

RE: Its been too long my dear - Nash - Jan 22, 2021

Sorry, I didn't get an alert for the tag for some reason!

Nash was ecstatic to have his mother back. The only thing that could make this better was if Staryn walked into the territory and said she was here to stay. Then Tagg would be the only one missing, but that was a hole in all their hearts they wouldn’t be able to fill.

He wondered if his sister even knew their father was dead.

The dark boy shook himself and once again squashed down his negative feelings. He needed to be grateful for what he has, not for what he was missing. Regretting was no way to live his life. At least he wasn’t alone anymore, and even more than that he had his family.

Speaking of family, Nash caught sight of his mother hauling herself off a rock where she’d clearly been laying. Back to old habits, if he recalled correctly.

It’d been so long.

He let out a short bark of greeting as he approached. ”Mama,” he said, padding to her side and affectionately licking the back of her ear.

RE: Its been too long my dear - Moonshadow - Jan 22, 2021

[dohtml]

No worries :)

Long dark limbs easily leapt off the boulder landing in a small patch of snow. Giving themselves a nice long stretch Moon's limbs felt refreshed with only a faint hint of an ache. She wouldn't have time to think about that as a short bark met her silver dusted audits. She turned to see her youngest son making his was towards her and a wide smile crossed her maw. "Hi baby" she affectionately called back, her banner wagging quickly behind her. He affectionately greeted her with a lick behind her ear which she returned with a nuzzle to his cheek. "I've missed ya hun."

[/dohtml]

RE: Its been too long my dear - Nash - Jan 26, 2021

Nash returned his mother's affectionate nuzzle, deeply inhaling her scent. It was almost surreal, the way he'd been searching alone for years and then suddenly had everything he'd wanted come waltzing back home of their own accord.

Except Staryn, but some day he was going to have to stop dwelling on her. Twin or no, and no matter how much he missed her, it wouldn't do either of them any good for him to spend his time pining after her. She would want him to enjoy the company of their mother and older brother while he had it, right?

"I've missed you too, Mama." he looked at her, feeling for all the world like a vulnerable puppy again. "Are you going to stay?"

RE: Its been too long my dear - Moonshadow - Jan 28, 2021

[dohtml]

Bright green eyes bore into the mother pulling at her heart. If they had not been surrounded by ebony fur like her own, Moonshadow would be convinced she was staring into her late husbands. Even though he was gone he would continue to live on through their children and in all of their hearts. Nash's response fueled her banner to sway behind her however, his innocently intended question cut her deep. "Of course my love. My days of searchin' are over. I'm here to stay, always" she smiled warmly hoping he would take comfort in her words. She had spent so much time searching for her family that she almost completely abandoned the family she did have. Moon has gotten to the point that those who are meant to be there will be. This homecoming and finding her sons solidified this for the onyx woman.

"How have ya been dear?" She asked her youngest son wanting to be there for him if he ever wanted to talk. He wasnt much older than she had been when she was separated from her birth pack. So she knew how difficult it could be on your own at such a young age. But he was here and didnt seem to have any lasting damages from the experience...physical ones at least.

[/dohtml]

RE: Its been too long my dear - Nash - Jan 29, 2021

She's going to stay.

Nash let out a relieved sigh. They were going to form a pack and Mama and Chan were going to stay. It was good enough. He didn't know the Vuesains as well as he would like, but that would change. He would make sure it changed. He was going to make sure everyone here loved the Cove and each other enough that they wouldn't leave. He would never have to worry about coming home to find it empty ever again.

His ears flicked at his mother's question. "I've been travelling," he said brightly. "I've been roaming around the mountain and the nearby territories, but I came home every month or so, just to visit Dad and see if anyone came back. I've learned a lot, especially about hunting and avoiding fights, even though I rarely saw another wolf. There were a lot of coyotes for a while though," he babbled, just glad to have someone to talk to again. Someone that could talk back, that is; he'd always talked to Tagg's grave when he was in the area.

"Then last time I came back, oh, a week ago? @Chan and @Neha and @Aleister were all here! All at once, like somebody called them! It was amazing. The timing was perfect. And now you're here too, and we're going to make the Cove anew!"

RE: Its been too long my dear - Moonshadow - Jan 29, 2021

[dohtml]

Large dark haunches lowered until they sat upon the frozen earth. They just couldnt hold up like they used to. As she sat the younger shadow explained his experiences over the last couple of years. Nash stated brightly that he had travelled. His tone helped lift a small amount of guilt from her conscious but not all of it. He spoke of roaming about the mountain and nearby territories. When he spoke of visiting the cove every month her heart leapt. Had she just stayed long enough she would have found him much sooner. Any guilt that had just previously vanished was back. She had wish she had found him sooner, so that not only he wouldn't feel alone but also so that she could teach him and protect him, as a mother should do. "I'm happy ya have learned so much. Ya will have to show me what ya've learned sometime." She smiled hoping it would provide them with a bonding experience.

The boy continued on to explain how about a week ago he had returned to the cove and found Chan, Neha, and Aleister. Nash said it was as if something had called them here and Moon smiled. She had been drawn back as well, maybe fate was smiling upon the Cove wolves. "It looks like gods have smiled upon us. I'm happy that we've found one another." Moon's gaze moved from her son to their surroundings with a sigh. It was so bittersweet to be back.

[/dohtml]

RE: Its been too long my dear - Nash - Jan 30, 2021

Nash was happy to have a listener and while his mother sat the boy remained standing, animatedly pacing around in front of her. He had a hard time sitting still, even now that he could.

Despite his best efforts to cheer her mood, Nash could see guilt and sorrow gnawing at his mother's eyes. That was unacceptable. She was home. She needed to be happy. He didn't know how to do that. If only his father were still here... Tagg would know what to do. Nash paused as he tried to think back. He was still relatively young when Dad died, but he remembered his parents frequently went to the hot springs - usually without the pups. Nash wondered if being in a place she shared with her mate would help Moon feel better or sadden her further.

He decided against it for now. He also decided not to bring up Staryn or either of their failed searches for her.

"I know the land really well now. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'm going to find a way to use what I know to help the pack, when everything settles," Nash explained, trying to bring his mother to the here and now.

"Were you here when Neha and Aleister were born? I don't remember much about them; what can you tell me?" he asked, finally sitting down beside his mother and pressing his warm side against her.

RE: Its been too long my dear - Moonshadow - Jan 30, 2021

[dohtml]

The boy - who isn't a boy anymore - paced in front of his mother as he said he had learned the land really well and wanted to translate that to helping the pack once it was formed. A smile formed across her face as Nash reminded her of his father, wanting to serve the pack and help them the best he could. Her tail thumped at the memory and thought. "I'm sure ya will be able to do somethin'. Perhaps scoutin' will be good for ya" She beamed proud that he not only had something to offer but wanted to use that for the good of others. "Why don't ya come sit with me? You're gonna make trenches with ya pacin'." She laughed and licked his face when he did finally settle in next to her. She continued to groom him as he asked her if she had been there for the Vuesain sibling's births and to tell him about them. Her coral tongue stopped its mission to answer. "I wasnt there when there were born but I did know them since they were pups. Your godfather had found me and brought me to the cove about this time of year when I was just a yearlin'. Neha, Aleister, and their younger brother Cernan were just wee ones. It wasnt long after I arrived that Aleister had wandered off, so I never got to spend much time with him. But Neha was around for a while before she too left the cove." Moonshadow explained remembering the coming and going of the siblings. "Before she left she and I had gotten somewhat close. There was this lynx that was raiding  our caches and the pack banded together under their mother - Namid's - lead. We were successful in takin' the feline down but the youngest Vuesain - Lunette - was still a pup and I had moved to defend her, which seemed to anger her. But it had been Neha who came to my defense. That had solidified for me her and I's bond. She's a brave and caring woman, just as her mother was." Moonshadow was happy that not only were the Eastfall children home, but so were the Vuesain children as well.

[/dohtml]

RE: Its been too long my dear - Nash - Jan 30, 2021

Nash fidgeted. Why did he have so much energy today? He'd been moving since he got up, and even here with his mother he was ready to keep going. Listening to her speak, however, settled his nerves and Nash slowly stilled. He'd always like stories, especially from his mother, and cheering her up seemed to be working, since her tail thumped against the ground a few times.

He found himself especially interested in @Neha. The way she spoke when they'd all met together, the way she'd called them all family, clung to his ears when everything else was quiet. When he thought about her his heart quickened. He didn't understand why. He wasn't nervous, he was pretty sure. Why would he be? She'd never been threatening towards him at all, and they'd barely spoken since the first big meeting. He wanted to change that, of course, but he didn't want to embarrass himself.

"You should have heard her when we decided to reform the pack," he said, almost dreamily. "She said we were all family and we're gonna make a home." he sighed and scuffed his paw against the frozen ground. "Was her mom this beautiful too?"