Ruins of Wildwood
Heartleaf Creek Lost princess - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Heartleaf Creek Lost princess (/showthread.php?tid=19323)

Pages: 1 2

Lost princess - Modesto - Feb 07, 2021

To this would be where they would settle then, she thought as she stared down the length of the creek which had split off into three from the base of the mountains. This specific area was rather quaint. A sparce forestry with cover and yet plenty of room to breath unlike some of the more confiding areas like the Ghastly forest. Still, Modesto had already seen prettier areas. The large lake at the base of the mountains was definitely one of them, though she supposed she could play out this area and see where it went. She was not Alpha here, after all and one had to travel through that nasty forest just to get to the lake.

Modesto had met up with both her nephews though had yet run into one little lady she was fond of. @Sharlee was definitely one on her mind, as she would like to see with her own eyes all those which had found themselves lost here together. Besides, Sharlee was the only female among three other young men and likely would be happy to see a familiar face.

So deciding today not to spend her days searching away for a finding of salt on the breeze, she would search for Sharlee instead. Moving along the creek bed, the Valle matriarch calls out for the young maiden.

RE: Lost princess - Sharlee - Feb 08, 2021

There was still a lot to do to get the place they'd decided to settle ready as they became a pack. The young Valle girl was excited to be part if a pack again. She felt a little lost not having one since it had been the only thing she'd known since she was born. Though she did worry a little.

Knowing her brother and cousin and how hard headed they could be. Sharlee fully expected there to be some bumps along the way but she hoped that with her help things would go smoothly. They were creating something completely different from what they knew but Sharlee was sure they were up for the task. 

She'd been down by the creek getting a drink after her hunt. The rabbit she'd caught laying a very short distance away. A smile crossed her maw when she heard Modesto's call. Quickly she picked up the rabbit and ran to meet the older woman. When she finally reached her she dropped her rabbit at her feet and called back, "Modesto, I'm here."

RE: Lost princess - Modesto - Feb 12, 2021

The smell of blood and youth had Modesto's nose prickling and the woman turned to see Sharlee coming into her direction, rabbit clutched in her jaws. Sounding her arrival with the drop of the kill, the phase gray woman made way to close the distance between her and her niece. You've been doing well, I see. Modesto spoke in regards not only to her recent kill but to the still full figure which she had. Despite being misplaced, young and it being winter, Sharlee physically had gone unhindered.

I've ran into Vayko and Viorel as well. She stated, allowing her to know she was more or less up to date. Are you alright with... She pauses, her head turning about the open forestry around them, All of this? Settling here? She wanted the girl's input, of course though it seemed the two young men had made their choice.

RE: Lost princess - Sharlee - Feb 16, 2021

Sharlee had heard that Modesto was with them but hadn't had the chance of running into her. She was glad to see that the older woman had made it and wasn't lost out there without anyone. The distance was closed between them before Modesto spoke in regards to how she was doing. "Much better than I was when I first arrived here." Sharlee remembered those first few days they'd been rough for the young Valle. 

"Then you probably know of their plans?" Sharlee couldn't imagine her brother or Viorel not saying something to Modesto about what they wanted to dom The younger Valle wasn't surprised when she was asked if she was alright with it all. "I wasn't at first," she said sitting back on her haunches, "But after speaking with Vi I am okay with it. I'm even looking forward to staying here and starting something of our own." Aa she spoke the last she realized that the older woman might not be so okay with it. "How do you feel about everything?"

RE: Lost princess - Modesto - Feb 18, 2021

There was a small nod which was offered to her niece in regards to knowing of Viorel and Vayko's plans. They were to create a pack for themselves now, where their last home had been stolen from them. No- where they had been stolen from it. Still at the thought, the grayscale woman could taste the bile rising in her throat.

Something of our own... Modesto ponders the words of the young woman aloud, a whisper as she muses. I hadn't considered you young would be so eager to move on. The way Sharlee had put it, it seemed the newest generation was all too keen to leave the memory of their former home behind. Modesto had thought their home on the coast was of their own.

Be that as it may, She says then, her lips pursed as she straightened herself. There isnt much direction of home anywhere, so starting anew seems like the only option. At least for now, she knew.

RE: Lost princess - Sharlee - Feb 20, 2021

Modesto had been told of Vayko and Viorel's plans as indicated by her aunts nod. Sharlee wasn't surprised since she doubted either boy would be able to contain themselves about the news. Ot was a big decision and not one to be taken lightly. Sharlee believed that her cousin and brother had the gumption to do it themselves. Still Modesto had lived under the old ways her whole life, this new way of living might  be good for the older woman. 

Modesto for her part shared easily. What she said first brought cause some sadness in the teens features. "I didn't want to at first but the more they talked about it the more I started to like the idea." It was true lthat she hadn't like the idea at all at first but she had started to think it was a good idea. 

The next thing that Modesto said was the thing they were all thinking "Yes I think that was  most of our that then we decided to stay and make something for ourselves. We ^can't continue like we need a place to call home."

RE: Lost princess - Modesto - Mar 09, 2021

A sadness, a pang, which caught in the young girl's expression. It was what Modesto had been secretly hoping for, that the young girl would pause to think still of not only their lands that were being left behind, but a good half or more of their family, too, which such a decision to stay here. Definally not something to be taken lightly indeed. Searching for home though without direction and in the middle of winter was not exactly on the table either.

Then we shall call this slice of woodland our own, then. She said matter-of-factly now that the decision by her two young nephews had been made of it. Though Modesto was eldest, she had no intention of taking leadership herself. She was more of the whisper in your ear sort. Should anything go wrong, it wouldn't be herself to blame.

A place near the coast would have been nice though. I wonder how far the ocean is...if any of the locals may know? She began to muse allowed with her niece as she then settled to the snowy earth.

RE: Lost princess - Sharlee - Mar 10, 2021

[dohtml]

Sharlee admitted to her aunt that she hadn't liked the idea of staying and starting a new pack. She was so used to the way things were before that she didn't know anything else and was a little afraid to do something different.  In the months that they had been living as a band doing what they wanted when they wanted and most importantly how they wanted that was something she couldn't ignore. Sharlee also realized that finding her way back home would be nearly impossible. She wouldn't ever forget those that weren't with her and that were just as important as those who were with her. 

Sharlee smiled, it seemed Modesto understood the things that she did. "We shall and we will make the best of the situation that we have been put into." It was what they had left after what the two-legged creatures had done to them. "We can make our new pack great even if it's not our pack at the Estuary." Sharlee sort of felt she had to stay positive cause she thought she had to be to make it through. 

The young Valle laughed at her aunts words. "You might be on to something," she said giving her aunt an affectionate bump on her shoulder. "At least the fish might taste better." On a more serious note though she said, "I'm not sure but it might be worth asking one of the locals." 

[/dohtml]

RE: Lost princess - Modesto - Mar 29, 2021

Modesto continued on to listen to the young girl as she spoke about making the best of the situation they were in, that they would make this pack great even if it wasnt the one they had known and loved all their lives. What other options did they have? Wallowing in self pity and misery was simply not acceptable, not in the matriarch's orange eyes.

To the beautiful tawny girl's laugh, the woman smiles. "Ahh yes..." Modesto mused with a happy glee and laugh of her own to her niece's bump against her. "I already miss that salty taste." She went onto thinking... The large fishes, crustaceans, fatty seal meat. "Doesn't hurt to ask. Vakyo said he looked from the mountains but didnt see, well, the sea. Wouldn't hurt to ask around, maybe send out some scouts when we're established..." She thought aloud. "He also mentioned a new face or two that has stuck around with us.... Anyone worth wild?" She wanted Sharlee's take on their new 'friends'.

RE: Lost princess - Sharlee - Mar 31, 2021

[dohtml]

It was still so soon after she'd woken up in the forest and realized she would probably never see her home again. Somedays it was hard and some a little easier. Still she felt she needed to stay positive nor only for herself but she had to for Viorel as well. She was going to be his advisor and it was her job to support him. At least in creating a pack in this place. 

There surely was plenty to miss about the ocean and the beach. Modesto missed the salty taste of the air. "The sand between your toes." She remembered the way that felt well especially with the waves washing over her paws. "If he didn't see it then we must be further from home than we thought." Now she wanted to know how far they actually were. "It might be best to send out some scouts out. Even if they didn't find the sea they could tell us more about this place we've ended up in." Sharlee face changed to a thoughtful expression as she thought about the two women that had joined them. "Honestly, I don't know much about either but I understand that Clover is a healer which we definitely need. Vanadis seems to want to help where she can." Sharlee felt only time would tell. 

[/dohtml]