Ruins of Wildwood
Chinook Coulee let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Chinook Coulee let me see what you have! a knife! no! (/showthread.php?tid=19460)

Pages: 1 2

let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Azra - Mar 01, 2021

@Marian @Sita @Walleye let's say this is 2/9? idunno lol, or forget about time entirely. its fake

Now that it was clear that Marian would come with him—whatever mood she was going to be in was up to her—Azra eagerly bounded back to where he had last seen Sita. New snow had fallen, but it he could still see the divet where they had hunkered down: her wet, and him just trying to be helpful. "A good Samaritan" was the phrase that Marian had used. If he was being honest, that still stung. He was good—he thought, anyway—and he liked doing good, there was no pretending in the act. Perhaps Marian had some deeper reasoning for thinking that charity was all a good deed, but to Azra it was as simple as doing. He did not think about it.

What he was thinking of, now, was what it would be like to see the west side. To visit Swift River, or maybe take Annie to see Secret Woodlands or Copper Rock Creek where her mother's side of the family was from. Azra had only heard a little of these places. Yet, he couldn't help thinking of his father, permanently rooted to the east side. Would Azra want to come back? He hoped so. The west couldn't possibly be that great. Right?

"Sita!" he called out, staring at the river even though he knew she would not emerge from there.

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Sita - Mar 01, 2021

[dohtml]
There wasn't too much to prepare for. It wasn't as though she had much tying her down here. Only Walleye and she'd already given him what she could. Without knowledge of where they were going, Sita had decided that a "last" meal of sorts was wise, and had been in the process of trying to stalk a rabbit before both she and it were startled by Sita's name being called out. She cursed under her breath before loping down the coulee towards Azra's voice. Perhaps the three of them could track something larger down together. A much better last meal.

Excitement and apprehension picked at her as he came into view. Her dark guard hairs settled along her spine as the sudden startle wore off. "Good to see you again!" Not that she thought he would change his mind. He seemed trustworthy enough, especially after their little...cuddle session.
[/dohtml]

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Marian - Mar 01, 2021

Marian plodded along, shadowing Azra as he led the way with an eager bounce in his step. He seemed to like this Sita woman a whole lot, which bothered her far more than the Selwyn-Tainn cared to admit. She tried to focus on the fact they were just out to stretch their legs, to see more of the Lore but a niggling remained in the back of her mind. That Azra wanted to make something of himself, to help people and all that-which was fine, whatever but...She was just salty about it is all, it would fade in time.

Or maybe not.

Sita was about as tawny as they came and stood a couple inches taller than Marian. Her eyes were a sharp and vivid blue and her voice carried cheer as she greeted Azra, as though they were old buddies. Maybe that was just an Azra thing, he had a way of wiggling past all the formalities like he'd known people for seasons and not weeks.  He was kind and caring and Marian wanted, despite herself, to protect the softer parts of him. The parts folks would no doubt latch onto if they had the chance. But where the fuck had this sense of possessiveness come from? It wasn't like Marian at all.

"So you're Sita." She said, as though that was suitable greeting.

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Walleye - Mar 01, 2021

Admittedly, he still felt on the fence about everything. A burden, useless, blah blah blah. He was too old to go gallivanting on some great big trip. Yet still Sita had invited him and...maybe he felt a little attached to her. Which he'd never openly admit! Never.

Anyway.

There seemed to be some sort of little gathering party along the river. To his surprise he recognized everyone. A rowdy bunch of cubbin'. Suddenly he felt the same sort of weighted feeling of when he had been a responsible father. Granted he had no interest in actively playing that role here. He knew the two partial strangers jabbered about bones and Sita had children of her own.

Which meant that...he'd really be a grandpa to them. Just like he already had been to everyone else back home. Nauseating thought.

Whatever. He simply wheezily huffed and slowly made his way to the trio.

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Azra - Mar 03, 2021

"Good to see you!" He would have felt a little snubbed if Sita had just disappeared and left him wondering, ready to do something. He supposed that he and Marian could just go on a trip anyway, but it would not have felt the same.

His eyes widened, spine straightening abruptly as his friend came along side him, and he only dared to gauge Marian's mood from the corner of his eye. She appeared to be sizing Sita up, which he found very confusing since he couldn't place the meaning of it. Then there was no hello, no hi, no greeting of any kind—just a statement masquerading as a question. A judgement. Azra had to stop himself from sucking air in through his teeth.

The job was made easier by the gradual but utterly surprising appearance of..."Oh my go...", it was Walleye. Azra cut himself off with a hasty cough as the senior citizen all but heaved his way towards the group. "Uhh, hello Walleye." Blinking rapidly he looked back at Sita. "Is he with... you?" This just got a whole lot more interesting. Walleye wasn't a problem, necessarily. Besides, there was a high probability that the geezer had just smelled them and wandered over this way for some company.

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Sita - Mar 03, 2021

[dohtml]
He was so kind. Very rarely had Sita met such a good-hearted stranger. Perhaps her mate, gone now. Genuine and kind. The sudden, subconscious comparison gave her pause as a vague sadness settled in her gut. Oh. How unfortunate. She continued her approach, though she slowed slightly as Azra's companion appeared as well. Somewhat smaller than herself. A lovely dark coloring. But she seemed to give out an unpleasant feeling that left Sita somewhat on edge, as though she had wronged this wolf. Perhaps it was already the discomfort in her stomach doing that, but...Hm.

"I am." Sita nodded at the woman, letting herself smile tightly in her direction. She wouldn't be cowed by a stranger. "You must be Marian." She looked over her shoulder as Azra spotted Walleye and her tail wagged. "He will be accompanying us." There was no question.
[/dohtml]

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Marian - Mar 06, 2021

Not a lot got under Marian's skin, she was pretty nonplussed about most things, but the little gathering here felt weird. Just a bunch of strangers gathering and pretending as though they were tight buddies, the four musketeers or something equally as cringe. If Sita was off put then that were her prerogative, Marian didn't really care enough to do anything but be present for now, or that's what she made herself out to be. Standing there all slouched and casual, her gaze flicking from one wolf to the other as though she hadn't been the one to make the encounter more strained than it really ought to be. But whatever, Marian wasn't here to take the blame or start shit, if anything the sooner they got a move on the better. Off to Whereverville!

But apparently what's his name...the old geezer was coming too.

"Sure, whatever." Whether the old man plodded along behind them was no skin off her snout. He was alright for a biddie anyway, even if his presence alone would slow their trip to a crawl. It wasn't as if Marian was hankering to be anywhere else, for now she was just tagging along for the sake of it. "But if you think the oldie will get over the mountain you're naive as shit. We need to find another route."

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Walleye - Mar 07, 2021

It was a wild insult from all of them to be discussed about as if he wasn't here even as he neared them on mildly capable legs.

The male cubbin' -- Asher? -- addressed him well and fine but everyone else seemed to wish to plod on. Speak on his behalf or make claims of his capability like he had just been dropped into a damn nursing den. So he just sort of huffed. Although with his age it could easily be assumed that he was just...breathing! Unfortunate when he wanted to be dramatic.

He just stood by Sita's side and likely had a face that was very reminiscent of... >:l

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Mar 07, 2021

A young Bull Elk has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health

RE: let me see what you have! a knife! no! - Azra - Mar 13, 2021

Azra had never seen Marian interact with another lady before, and he was beginning to regret arranging this get together. There was no open hostility, but the tension was almost unbearable. If he had been human he would have just been standing there like a fool, sweating profusely. Maybe he was not as cut out for adventure as he thought he was.

Honestly, at this point the mention of Walleye joining them was hardly the nail in the coffin he thought it would be. Literally anything that wasn't about Marian or Sita staring at each other was a welcome topic, and if Walleye could perhaps do some old guy antics or something every once and awhile maybe they could all get along. Azra was, of course, worried about how hard and slow this journey would be with the old man tagging along, but the huff in the background from Walleye made it sound like, "i can handle my dang self." As long as Walleye was consenting to this, who was Azra to stop him? Probably better than Walleye wandering around on his own...

"Marian," he said, nudging her. She clearly "shared" his concerns about the old man's health and fortitude but this was not how to bring it up. "We can go south again and look for those tunnels I found. We'll go straight under and through the mountain that way. Walleye will be fine."