Ruins of Wildwood
The Wildwood I see your heart, washing away. - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: The Wildwood I see your heart, washing away. (/showthread.php?tid=19582)

Pages: 1 2

I see your heart, washing away. - Alvar - Apr 01, 2021

Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar heard the bubbling of the water around the far side of the bushes he'd been pushing through for the past several minutes, thorns and twigs getting caught in his fur as he took each step, the ground under his paws giving way an inch or so to his claws each time he gripped in. The stinging sensation on his paw pads and his nose from too many sharp rocks and branch smacks left him feeling rather frustrated as he huffed and pushed again.

*CRACK*

He felt the branch give way and his whole body roll forward as he grunted and groaned. The ground sent up a plume of dust as he landed with a solid *thud*, his eyes opened and he looked back at the brambles. "Good riddance." He muttered under his breath and stood up, shaking off the dust from his fur and turning to look in the direction of the water. He gasped slightly as he saw a beautiful creek, splitting into three deltas in front of him, surrounded by brush and trees, the glistening light of the sun shining off the water as he stepped forward to admire it further.

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Vayko - Apr 01, 2021

[dohtml]
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Despite his conversation with Viorel and his floozies, Vayko still felt himself overcome with agitation from time to time. He would no doubt be seeking out his Aunt Modesto, for maybe she could help calm the tempest of complex emotions that had emerged as reciprocity for Viorel’s careless actions. Still, for now he made his way to the land he and the others were first dropped in. This would surely bring him some more peace, right? He found that it did not, his tail lashing from side to side as he twitched from the weight of the responsibility that, in all fairness, he had signed up for.

It would be another week or two until he would take up the helm alongside his cousin in an official capacity and he could not wait. He got this inking feeling that Vi was simply humoring him, though he supposed he could contribute that to his own paranoia… either way, it would not stand and he would command the respect he believed he should be afforded. Again, it was perhaps another thing to speak to his aunt about. He always trusted her guidance. The rest of the older generation was still missing, and Vayko wondered if perhaps they had been spared the fate that the kids and Modesto had suffered, being transported so carelessly.

There was much to consider. He made his way through the bracken and brambles, the first signs of spring starting to fall over the land when he heard a loud crack, a grunt and then a groan. Vayko simply snorted and rolled his eyes. He made his way closer. They weren’t too far from the Creek, and thus weren’t too far from the Backwater either and so he felt obligated to investigate. “Make enough noise, did you?”

[/dohtml]

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Alvar - Apr 01, 2021

Thoughts. Speech.

The sound of another wolf's voice reached the tawny mans ears as he placed one paw in the water, his head starting upward as he looked over toward the place where the voice had come from. He squinted slightly and saw a golden-eyed male in front of him. The words now registered as a question in Alvar's mind, a sarcastic one at that. He smiled slightly as he looked at the man, he was young, very young compared to Alvar himself, so he relaxed a little, not sensing any immediate danger.

"I suppose I did. Although perhaps a little more could have been tolerated, would you like me to try again?" He chuckled, lightly wagging his tail as he stepped out of the water and sat down, his haunches landing with a thud as his hips gave way in the last inch. One more reminder that he was getting into his older years, and he turned, grimacing for a split second at the thought. He turned his eyes back to the man in front of him and sniffed the air, it held the smell of several wolves, but the smell itself was unknown to him as any family he had met before. "My name is Alvar Forsberg. And you, young one?" He let his eyes wander over the other wolf, observing his posture, and his markings, in case he would need to remember him later.

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Vayko - Apr 12, 2021

[dohtml]

Vayko certainly had enough bite to back his bark and he knew it. He’d proven it more than once, most recently against the fool Huddy. He had to, because so many discounted him. He snorted softly at his words and rolled his eyes. “No.” He replied dryly. “You’ll scare all the prey from here to the mountains away if you make any more noise.” He had a pack, a family, to think of and he couldn’t have loners romping about in neighboring territories to scare their food supplies away. Still, he forced himself to push it down. Somewhere in the back of his head he could hear Vi’s voice chiding him and reminding him to be more civil.

He was capable of it… he just preferred not to be.

The name young one caused a sharp exhale, his shoulders rolling back as he straightened out. “What’s it to you, old man.” Age was just a number, and the boy was not fond of others looking down on him for his age. He had assumed the title was akin to ‘little one’ or calling him a baby. He was almost an adult, and he certainly felt he had more legs to stand on than the man in front of him… well, that could also just be his superiority complex as a Valle, or more of, one of the best Valle.

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Apr 12, 2021

Vultures are circling something out of sight. Hunt Oppurtunity! +5 Health

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Alvar - Apr 12, 2021

Thoughts Speech S for Swearing

The words "Old man" came as a bit of a shock to Alvar, another cut at him that made him feel his hips hurt even more, the thoughts of the way he'd lived his life now filling his mind. Regret, pain, and loss all setting in like the winter's chill that came back each year. He lifted himself from the ground and walked over to the water's edge again, feeling his hackles raise and his heart quicken with annoyance. "Well then, looks like this little shit doesn't have much appreciation for his youth." He thought as he lapped at the water to keep his mouth busy, trying not to spout them as words. He didn't want a fight, but if this kid didn't learn to take a joke and not pick fights, then he would have to give him one.

He lifted his head and turned to the male, walking slowly as he spoke. "Quite frankly, I'd be glad to be as young as you. Life goes by quick, so when you have the option, enjoy your youth. And make no mistake, I might be old, but I am not frail." He spoke almost without thinking. Suddenly realizing that what he had said would do nothing but escalate the situation unless he calmed down.

He sat down again, breathing deeply, focusing on the sounds around him. It would do no good to be pugnacious right now. "My apologies. I can see that you certainly didn't expect to find someone here, but I can assure you, I'm not here to steal food or to make enemies. I'm simply looking for a friend." He spoke, looking over the man, top to bottom, seeing that he could probably win a fight without much issue, although it would be unlikely that he could do so without hurting the youth. He let his gaze wander upward, until he met the other's eyes. Deep muted green met blazing gold, and Alvar saw a piece of himself in the wolf in front of him... "I'm willing to bet, he has something to prove."

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Vayko - Apr 15, 2021

[dohtml]

Vayko had been a Valle from the start, which meant he had been honored and respected, but amongst the older wolves such as his parents, he had always felt at odds. He hadn’t felt as respected. There were very few that he trusted, such as his aunt Modesto to whom he had relied for guidance and tutelage over the years. He saw the man’s hackles rise and he reacted in his own way, an irritated scowl on his features as he watched him cautiously. Contrary to popular belief, Vayko never went looking for a fight… that being said, he wasn’t afraid to put someone in their place if he had felt disrespected by them.

He started to lecture him and then Vayko was rolling his eyes at it. “I do quite enjoy my youth, what I don’t appreciate is old folks like you talking down to me because of my age.” The world was out to get him, and it always had been. He was born that way and he couldn’t help it. He rolled his shoulders back and snorted softly at his words. A friend? He was looking for a friend? “Well you won’t find one here.” He stated matter-of-factly, because he wasn’t in the business of making friends.

“You might not be looking to steal food or make enemies, but making a ruckus like you’ve been doing is a way to scare food away from the pack in the area who needs it, and make enemies along the way.” He pointed out again, a glare on his features. Perhaps his reaction to the man would not have been so bad had Viorel not knocked up two floozies this year, but alas these were the cards they had both been dealt. Vayko was stressed, and when he was stressed, he could be a little volatile.

[/dohtml]

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Alvar - Apr 15, 2021

Thoughts Speech

"Well you won't find one here." The young man said, and Alvar was about to reply when the young man spoke again. "Fair enough, kid, but I don't understand why your making threats." He thought, his tail swishing slowly back and forth over the sandy pebble-filled soil. He scratched lightly at the earth and considered the tawny male's words. Nodding his head slightly, almost as if in unison with the twigs swaying in the light breeze which blew through leaves and fur alike around the two wolves. He turned his head back to the youth and spoke. "That's a fair assessment, but you misunderstand me. I am looking to find a friend I lost, I wasn't coming here for any other reason." He chuckled a bit before adding. "And to be honest, I've never been here before."

He looked around him again, taking in the sighs of the trees and shrubbery that surrounded them. "Well, you certainly picked a beautiful place to settle a pack in." He chided, laying down on the ground to help him relax, and maybe ease some tension. His paws still ached from pushing through the brush and he felt a pang of relief as he took the weight off them. His pelt was littered with thorns and twigs that he began to pluck out lightly. after a second or two, he had gotten the only 3 he could reach, and decided to get the rest later. Turning back to the young one in front of him he queried: "Perchance would you mind giving me a chance to make it up to you for making so much noise? I can help you hunt a bit if you would like, and we can share some stories. If you so desire of course." He stood back up, his paws sinking into the wet dirt and sand once again.

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Vayko - Apr 27, 2021

[dohtml]

Vayko’s facial features continued to lack amusement or interest in the conversation. He found himself bored which was a dangerous place for him to be in. “Well, maybe you should try going back to someplace you know if you’re looking for a friend. If you’ve never been here before than chances are they haven’t either.” It was only half snarky with a biting tone. There was a part of him, a small part of him, that was trying to be helpful, if only to get the other wolf out of his fur. He was reminded once more of how people in his life were always telling him to be nicer. Maybe he didn’t want to be nicer. Maybe he wanted to be angry at the world as he so often was. He’d leave all the pomp and false niceties to Viorel and he’s simply speak how it was. He saw it more like brutal honesty.

He couldn’t lie, his chest puffed out lightly with pride and a wide grin at the mention of the place they had chosen. “It is.” It still wasn’t the ocean though. It wasn’t the tang of salt water on the breeze or the webbing of paws from walking along the shore… no, it was different, but it was beautiful nonetheless. He still wasn’t entirely sure if it was home, but it was his. At the mention of making it up to him, his curiosity was piqued, and he listened to the man’s offer, taking a moment to think about it. It was necessary. He needed all the food he could get because of Viorel’s indiscretions this past breeding season. “That would be… acceptable.” He decided, clearly won over at the idea of the other man helping bring in some kill to balance things out and put him back in good favor with himself and the rest of his pack.

[/dohtml]

RE: I see your heart, washing away. - Alvar - May 04, 2021

Thoughts Speech This will be my last post, one more from you should do it.

The young man's remarks never ceased to be snarky and direct. This wolf was certainly of strong stock, and Alvar was sure that he would remember him. He thought on the words for a moment. Taking the advice into consideration and couldn't argue with the logic in truth, it was unlikely that Nia was here and even more-so that if she had been here, she would have stayed.

All things considered though, at least he managed to get one genuine response from the youth, they could at least agree on the views, if nothing else.

When the tawny young man said that the offer of a hunt would be "acceptable", Alvar's ears perked a bit, and he couldn't help a small smile. He was glad to be able to help, he always had been. He walked forward a bit towards the golden eyed man, stopping just the length of a tail from him, nodding his head as he considered how to handle the hunt. Then he picked his head back up, swerving around him and walking along the sides of the stream before turning back, looking at the tawny man and saying: "Well? Come on then, stranger, you'll need to show me what you want to hunt." Then he gave a small but polite smirk as he turned to walk forward again.

{Alvar's Exit}