Ruins of Wildwood
Wild Cherry Orchard The wide open sky - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Wild Cherry Orchard The wide open sky (/showthread.php?tid=19605)

Pages: 1 2

The wide open sky - Bellavinne - Apr 09, 2021

[dohtml]

@Neo

Spring was on the way; that much was clear. There'd been a couple weeks where Vinnie's pelt had started itching and she'd stayed to herself, tucked away even from Neo. She was young, but even she knew what reaching her second spring meant. She wasn't even fully two for another month! So she kept to herself. Now that it passed, however, she wanted to spend more time with Neo. They hadn't found his sister yet, and Vinnie was afraid he might grow too lonely and leave - and if she was off on her own, would he abandon her?

Vinnie usually came back to their chosen denning site to sleep, even if she was gone during the day, so she knew Neo was still around. His scent was strong, which meant he can't have gone far. The pale woman settled down beside the tree with a squirrel she'd dug up from her cache and decided to wait for Neo here; she didn't much feeling like running around trying to find him. She still wasn't confident on her own.

[/dohtml]
[/quote]

RE: The wide open sky - Neo - Apr 11, 2021

[dohtml]

Neo had been hopeful, he'd been sure he'd find them but as winter grew green with springs warm embrace his hope had started to wither. He'd traveled and hunted in the plains for months with no signs of Nia or her companion. He didn't wanna give up but the change of the season had brought complications. Spring was a complication, he wasn't a child he knew how it worked and why @Bellavinne had likely spent time away from him. He'd given her space, though never abandoned her. He'd kept a watchful eye on their surroundings fully intend on keeping her safe and out of harm's way. So when it passed he'd been happy that she'd returned and seemed to try and spend time with him again.

The blond Hervok still traveled the plains, even today he was returning from the grasslands into the forest after a fruitless hunt. He'd go out again later but for now, he wanted to see if Vinnie had returned to the Orchard for the day. There was something on his mind, something they needed to talk about. He'd kept them here wanting to find his sister, they discussed what to do if they found her in the past. Though never what to do if they didn't. Neo wanted to know what Vinnie wanted to do, if there was anything she wanted in life. To find a pack, to see the world and travel... He'd promised to protect her, promised he would stay by her side for as long as she needed it. As the trees rose around him and the pale frame of the she-wolf came into view he barked out a greeting heading towards her with a wagging tail.

"Hi Vinnie" he greeted as he sat down near her. "Do you have time to talk or are you heading out after eating?" he asked looking at the small fuzzy body of the squirrel for a moment before retuning his attention to her.

Neo Hervok
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Bellavinne - Apr 12, 2021

[dohtml]

Doing this "Talking about it"

It seemed luck was with Vinnie today; she'd only barely settled down when a bark of greeting drew her attention and Neo approached her. She smiled up at him as her tail thumped against the ground a couple times. She was always glad to see him, relieved that he hadn't taken off without her.

Her ears pricked up when he asked her to talk. Should she be worried? Was he going to tell her it was time to split ways after all? Had he found Nia? Vinnie glanced uncertainly toward the trees behind him, looking for a silhouette or a scent on the air. There was neither. She nodded. "I'm not going anywhere. Want to join me?" She indicated the squirrel. It wasn't large, but it was enough to be a mouthful for both of them, and if he was going to tell her he was ready to leave, then she'd get to share one last meal with her only friend.

[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Neo - Apr 12, 2021

[dohtml]

Vinnie seemed uncertain for a moment but he chose not to note on it instead he smiled grateful for her offer but shook his head.

"I see good and don't worry I'll find something later" he smiled towards her making no motion to join her meal. Such a small meal was hardly sharable and he didn't wanna take her food.  Instead, he'd much rather talk about what to do next, ask what she wanted to do what she wanted now...

"I wanted to talk about what to do next" he offered a short explanation as he looked out into the trees. Nia wasn't here. If she had been at all. He could have been chasing host all winter. But at least he'd found Vinnie. To have someone by his side was a blessing. He wasn't a lone wolf even if he'd grown up as one. No Neo Hervok much-preferred company. "I don't think Nia is here, she could have moved on, or maybe it wasn't her at all. It's been months since we arrived and I think we should move one." he elaborated as he turned to face the young pale she-wolf. He wouldn't make this decision without, wouldn't force her to just follow him where ever he wanted to go. No Neo would follow her where ever she went, that was part of promising to protect someone.

"What do you wanna do, is there anything you wanna see or someplace you wanna find?" he asked his tail thumping against the ground with a steady rhythm as it wagged.

Neo Hervok
[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Bellavinne - Apr 18, 2021

[dohtml]

Though Neo assured her he would find his own food later, Vinnie pushed the squirrel aside so she could pay attention to what he was saying. She didn't want to be rude and eat in front of him while he was trying to talk to her. His next words brought concern to her face. What to do next, no Nia, moving on... but he was saying 'we', not 'I', which meant that he wasn't going to leave her behind. Her relief was profound.

She liked this little orchard, especially as the snow began to thaw. There was a comfort to the place. But if Neo was ready to move, then she would go with him. Vinnie shrugged in response to his question. "I don't know anything about this place beyond what I've learned with you. I just know I don't want to go home." She looked up at him. "Wherever you go is where I want to be."

[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Neo - Apr 19, 2021

[dohtml]

Neo felt slightly guilty as she pushed her food aside, he hadn't meant to stop her from eating by refusing her offer. He'd have to make up for it later, maybe he could catch her rabbit or two.

Neo watched her reaction and smiled as she spoke of their time together. Of how she'd learned new things from what they'd seen and done. He was proud of her, proud that she'd stood by his side when fighting a coyote and when hunting or tracking food. Vinnie was a bright young wolf and a weary kind soul. Though the mention of her family was understandable, even if he hadn't asked much about them he knew they didn't deserve to be called family. They were cruel and a problem if they were hunting Vinnie Neo wasn't sure he could protect her all on his own. And yet had she spoken her thoughts aloud, told him she liked the orchard he would have. But she didn't instead she offered to follow him.

It was slightly disappointing to hear her offer so little. He hadn't wanted to just decide where they went but to hear her say she didn't care wasn't what he wanted either. He wanted her to help decide, to let her have input on what happened in her life. "I don't wanna just drag you along, we are traveling together where we go and when we stop is just as much your decision as it's mine." he told her his voice warm but stern as he hoped she would understand. He wasn't her family he wouldn't force her to just keep up and do as she was told. To Neo her voice mattered, her thoughts were important and he wanted her to share them. "But I'm happy that you're coming along" he added a smile on his lips. He truly was, Neo despite his upbringing wasn't a lone wolf. He liked having others around him liked having a responsibility to someone else.

"I guess we can just travel for now see what's out there maybe ask around if anyone knows if you being hunted." as he spoke the last part he watched her carefully. He didn't wanna bring up her family but he needed to know if he should be on guard or not. They'd been staying in one spot for a few months and he hadn't heard or meet anyone looking for Vinnie but he didn't know how far away her pack was or their numbers.

Neo Hervok
[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Bellavinne - Apr 19, 2021

[dohtml]

She was trying to be relaxed and flexible so she wasn't a burden for Neo to have around, but his tone when he spoke again was firmer than what he usually used with her and Vinnie felt she'd somehow disappointed him. She frowned. She didn't want him to feel like he had to give up his own plans to follow her on a while adventure, when she was the one who didn't have any goals except to survive. And help Neo, now. But still he was insisting she have some input on their travels.

"We could go north, or maybe west," she suggested hesitantly. "When I met you I was coming from the east, so it would take us somewhere new at least." She was also pretty sure her family lie somewhere to the east, but she wasn't sure how far or if any of them had been dumped like she had been.

A cold shiver trickled down Vinnie's spine at the mention of being hunted. She didn't think the Sevaks would be actively looking for her; she was never important to them. The most she did was patch up the occasional wound - usually inflicted by her father - and stay out of the way. They wouldn't want to punish her for leaving bad enough to search for her, would they? Not that that meant they wouldn't punish her if they ran into her on accident. She nodded. "I don't... I don't think they'd be looking for me, but I'd rather be able to avoid them if anyone's around."

[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Neo - Apr 22, 2021

[dohtml]

Neo despite his tone earlier felt terrible to see her frown.. had he gone too far by demanding she took charge as well? Maybe... but he wanted Vinnie to gain independence to become the strong wolf he knew she could be. He'd seen fire in her eyes and he would help nurture it into a blazing storm. So when she made her suggestions he smiled and hummed in approval nodding his head. "we could head north maybe northwest see what's beyond the open field" he agreed wagging his tail happily he'd do all he could to support her decision to help her grow more secure in her own choices.

Vinnies reaction to her family and having to talk about them was understandable. The blond Hervok would shift to try and lightly bump his frame against her in an attempted gesture of encouragement. He was here for her, he would keep her safe. The knowledge that Vinnie didn't think they would be looking for her brought some peace to his mind. He trusted her to know more about the people who claimed to be her family than he did. "I understand, we'll stay clear of the east for now and I'll keep a lookout for anyone under or associated with your family" he promised her. He wasn't going to ask Vinnie to ask around no he'd do that to keep her safe and put himself as the face looking for Sevaks.

Neo Hervok
[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Bellavinne - Apr 25, 2021

[dohtml]

Neo seemed happy with Vinnie's suggestion, and she smiled up at him, her tail thumping lightly on the ground a few times. She was glad she was able to give him the input he wanted, even if she was just thinking on the fly. But then, she supposed that was what he wanted; he'd promised to help her become independent and stronger, and free thinking was part of that.

That her friend was so understanding of her predicament regarding her family made talking about them that much easier. If they had a plan, they weren't as scary to think about. She wouldn't be facing them alone, should she ever have the misfortune to run into any of them again. She wasn't sure if time would lessen their rage or make it stronger, but she hoped that they would eventually forget her. She nodded to Neo. "They don't really associate with anyone outside the family unless they want pups, so we're probably safe," she said, hoping they wouldn't have sent out word looking for her.

[/dohtml]

RE: The wide open sky - Neo - Apr 29, 2021

[dohtml]

Neo listened to Vinnie as she explained more about her family. Apparently, they didn't associate much with outsiders. He guesses it made sense. If you wanted to miss treat your family keeping them away from those who could free them from the fear and control would make sense. But much as Vinnie said this would likely also mean they were safe. The breeding season was over and as soon as the pups were born her natal pack should theoretically have fewer members to spare for hunting her. As far as he knew another month or so would be the time span they could risk meeting the Sevaks. And so far they hadn't seen them at all.... They should be safe even if they were to head slightly east or back from where they'd come. "Sounds like we should be mostly out of their reach then" he nodded his head mostly in thought before he turned his attention back to Vinnie.

"We'll stay here for a bit longer to clean out any prey stored away and then move one. Is that okay?" he asked looking at her with a smile. He didn't intend for them to just pack everything and leave today. They spend a few days here getting ready to move one and then set off... He just hoped Vinnie was okay with that.

Neo Hervok
[/dohtml]