Ruins of Wildwood
Wildflower Glade Home At Last - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Wildflower Glade Home At Last (/showthread.php?tid=19611)

Pages: 1 2

Home At Last - Nia - Apr 11, 2021

[dohtml]

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

"Speech"

Tired had been an understatement. When she had finally set paw onto the thickets she went to the nearest place she could find to collapse. Her muscles shook and gave out with a heavy sigh. The scent of flowers wafting into her dark nostrils and guiding the woman off into a pleasant sleep. Her body curled about itself, fur dirty from her travels. She had never meant to be gone for so long, but it'd been hard to accept defeat. To admit that she simply couldn't find the ghost that was her mother. The wolf was best at disappearing, again and again, leaving Nia with the unsettling feeling of abandonment. She could only hope, in a selfish sense, that it was her senile mind and not intentional. Her tender heart ached.

Eyelashes fluttered, bright green eyes with flakes of gold slowly opening. A long whiny yawn overtook the Hervok. She outstretched her front paws. Nia's mind was still groggy but she knew exactly where she was. She'd found her way back to a place her mother had shown her before. It was a resting ground for those who had passed, and also, way off in a little corner, was the remnants of a den. The very den her older brother had been born and spent the majority of his short life. She smiled softly as a breeze shifted through the flowers. What a beautiful place Danica had chosen to raise her newborn.

Make it your own.

@Flair 's words echoed through her mind once more and her brows scrunched. Was this...was this what she'd been searching for deep within? The Thickets had never quite felt right. In this moment however, watching the bright flowers dance and sway, she couldn't help but feel at peace. She couldn't help but wonder if the Glade was what deep down she truly needed and wanted for her future. It was a protected paradise.

Nia didn't give herself much longer to dwell on this before rising up to her full height, muzzle to the sky. She let out a call for her companion. Would he still be here? Had he left? Would she be all alone? A lump formed in her throat, lips turning down into a frown. She'd informed him that she was going to search for Danica...but it had been so long. The Winter Dame could only hope that he would have stuck it out. So she waited, standing there, looking like a painting against the wildflower glade.

"Talking"

Tags: @Alvar

OOC:

[/dohtml]

RE: Home At Last - Alvar - Apr 11, 2021

Thoughts Speech

A call rang out through the thickets around him, ringing in his ears like a screeching wind that carried the crystal clear sound of another wolf in need... Nia. He felt his heart quicken, after her mother had disappeared, she had gone looking for her, leaving the dark tawny man to stay in the glade around them for a while, but it was so long. He had tried to search for her, but it didn't help, he'd made a few friends, but he still had wondered where she went, if she was okay, and if he would ever see her again. His thoughts raced just like his feet as the broke into a sprint, towards the glade he ran with a vigor that made him feel like he was a yearling again. He'd grown to care about the woman before she disappeared, and Alvar wasn't sure how much more loss he could deal with in his life.

Heart pounding, throat gasping at the air and pelt stinging from the branches that hit his sides as he ran forward, bursting into the glade like a charging elk that had gone mad. "NIA!" He shouted out as he broke past the barrier, looking around frantically as he looked forward and saw her standing in front of the den, like a painting against the new spring wildflowers that had begun to bloom around them. He felt his heart calm a bit as he caught sight of the green-eyed woman. Walking forward briskly but calmly as he could manage, he reached her and put his neck around hers, greeting her with a gentle sigh and whine. He then backed off a bit and sat down in front of her, his mind still racing with thoughts, he began to blurt them out... "What happened to you? Are you ok? I was so worried for you..." He almost kept going, but then he stopped himself. Nia was most likely tired and stressed, and asking too many questions would do nothing to help her, much more likely hurt her more.

"I'm sorry, Nia, I just couldn't find you, I've been looking for a while now. I'm glad you're here again." He stepped forward again to give her a gentle nudge with his nose as he wagged his tail and finally calmed himself. The memories of losing his birth pack, and then losing his old friends of the Rye Fields, he just couldn't help being emotional about it. He'd dealt with too much loss so far, and he wanted to make sure he would never feel that again. He stepped back again, laying down in front of her as he watched, waiting for her to tell him anything she needed.

RE: Home At Last - Nia - Apr 13, 2021

[dohtml]

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

Nia's baited breath released itself and a whine slipped from her dark lips. Her tail wagged feverishly as her ears slammed forward at the reply. She let out a happy yip towards her subordinate. She was relieved to see him. To know she would not be alone. More so, to know that he was loyal to her cause. The future matriarch embraced the darker male in a brief display of affection before sitting down.
"I'm fine but-"

She swallowed hard and bit back the tears that threatened to flood down her cheeks,
"I couldn't find Danica..."
Her words trailed off and for a moment she could not meet his eyes. Guilt, shame, and longing filling the deep pools of emerald.

She frowned at him, cocking her head slightly. He'd been looking for her? There was a mixture of wrongdoing and the warm fuzziness of someone caring for you swirling within her belly. "I am so sorry that I left you for so long Alvar. I...I never meant to do that. Thank, thank you staying. I am grateful you are still here."
She whined softly with a slight thump of her tail. She finally smiled, observing her pack mate's movements.

After a moment of silence she was back to business,
"I didn't return in time for this season. There will be no new generation for our pack, and therefore it will be harder to establish ourselves. We must work harder to find wolves to join and mark the boarders double over."She paused to catch her breath and allow him to process this information,
"I think it's time to decide where the den should go."Her voice carried an awkward tone, almost as if she were about to stutter,
"My mother...she wanted to bring back a pack I've never known. That you've never known." She met his gaze, not in challenge, but to see his reaction,
"A wolf once told me to make this my own..."She scanned the glade over once more before returning to stormy eyes.
"And I think that's what we should be doing...this place. The Wildflowers. So sincere and beautiful. Tranquil. I think, given the protection of the thickets, and the beauty it'd be a good place to raise pups someday."She rose up,
"Perhaps this is where we should be striking our claim?"She asked for his weigh in on the decision, yet at at the same time, her air of regality gave no room for argument. She moved forwards towards a far corner with poise and grace, every step she took seemingly thought out well before the action ever occurred.

"My mother raised her first child here. Over in this now small forgotten hole. It could be repaired, or perhaps a new home center of the field. I think it's important we figure out something safe and secure, with shade, first and foremost."

"Talking"

Tags: @

OOC:

[/dohtml]

RE: Home At Last - Alvar - Apr 13, 2021

Thoughts Speech

The woman in front of him spoke quickly, and with a passion in her voice that made Alvar's heart throb with empathy. The winds whistling through the flowers and trees that surrounded them went mute as he focused his senses on her voice. His ears went forward and he felt his tail wagging at first, until she mentioned that her mother couldn't be found. His eyes opened with a moment of shock as he heard this. His ears dropped and he leaned in to comfort her as he saw the sadness threatening to overtake her. Her heart felt strong as he nuzzled her chest with his head. He tried his best to help her and comfort her, but knew that she would still have to get through it herself.

When she backed off and started apologizing for leaving him for so long, he smiled gently shaking his head to assure her that he didn't care, he was simply happy to see her.

She didn't stay upset for too long though, as she then got straight to business. "It's okay, there's still next year, and I agree, we need more members. Don't worry though, we still have time." He spoke, but worried about his age in the back of his mind. Like a vine creeping forward he felt his fate drawing closer each year, and he had no way of knowing how many he had left.

She spoke of her mother's desire for a pack neither of them knew, and he couldn't argue with that assessment. He cocked his head to the side, listening further to her words A wolf once told me to make this my own... And I think that's what we should be doing...this place. The Wildflowers. So sincere and beautiful. Tranquil. I think, given the protection of the thickets, and the beauty it'd be a good place to raise pups someday. Perhaps this is where we should be striking our claim?" He looked around him, and saw the beauty of which she spoke, the security, and more than that, he felt it speak to him too. The need for a safe place, where he could be with a family of his own was something he had wanted for so long. Now, the chance was right here in front of him. How could he ever choose differently?

"I agree. This is perfect. Here, we will grow a strong pack and a strong family, to carry the Hervok and Forsberg names into the next generations. With roots as strong as the trees, shrubs and flowers that grow here." He spoke with conviction filling him, and his voice going outward with a confidence he hadn't heard from himself in a long time.

He stepped forward to follow her as she went to the den, discussing the prospect of repairing it. "Her mother raised her child here, eh?" He thought. Looking at the small den, and the state of disrepair it had fallen into. He gave it a sniff, drawing in the scents of flowers, stale fur and a slight hint of moldy musk. He turned to Nia, stormy green eyes meeting the gem green of hers. He said nothing, but licked her cheek lovingly and went into the den. When he returned, he held in his mouth a bit of the loose debris that had accumulated in the den since it's last use, spitting it on the ground before turning to re-enter it and do it again. He stopped however, about halfway in the entrance, turning to look at her and with an eager tone, he spoke once more. "Well? Are you gonna help me clean it out? Let's get started."

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Apr 13, 2021

A young Bull Elk has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health

RE: Home At Last - Nia - Apr 19, 2021

(Phone Post!)

Nia gently pulled back at the touch of the male. She turned her head away to hide her emotions. A deep sigh managed to slip through gritted teeth. She looked back to him and lifted herself to full height. She was not a pup needing reassurance. The winter dame held her head high and moved forth with confidence.

She nodded her head in agreement, but couldn't help the trickle of worry, "How will we attract them?" It was an important question. What about their pack would help them stand apart? To grow in numbers and strength. A family like the one she never had growing up...

She smiled ears forward and nodding until..., "Both names? Are you suggesting that we have multiple females with litters a year?" If the male had been attempting a move on the woman she was oblivious. The Hervok mauled over the thoughts for a moment, "I suppose it's not an awful idea...perhaps two woman raising pups together could be alright. But there would need to be rules."

Her lips peeled back slightly to reveal her teeth in warning. She bared them in silence, issuing a warning towards the lickm her tail lifted slightly. Hopefully there would be no further display of dominace but Nia was willing to put him in his place if needed. This was quickly over with when he disappeared into the den. She watched with bemused grin before tossing her head back with a laugh.

So, this was it then? Their home? She took a nervous breath and stepped forward into their future. Nia was quick to join in on the digging and home making. Dirt stained her creamy pelt in mere seconds.

RE: Home At Last - Alvar - Apr 19, 2021

Thoughts Speech

"How will we attract them?" The woman had asked, and Alvar had given no answer, he wasn't sure and needed some time to think. But when she seemed surprised at the mention of both their names, the tawny man had to hold back a smirk as she didn't seem to pick up what he was putting down. He saw her pondering gaze as she considered and he simply watched with a laugh playing in the back of his mind.

He nodded to her when she spoke of rules regarding two breeding females, resigning himself to think about that once the time came. "We can figure it out later, no need to rush things, we have a whole year." He spoke, his tail swaying back and forth at the idea of spending the year with someone, and not having to long for company anymore. He looked around himself at the flowers, swaying gently in the breeze, his nose picking up the gentle scents of the pollen and nectar, tickling his nose enough that he couldn't hold back an Atchoo as he turned his head away from her, his head pounding for a second before he turned back. "Excuse me." He apologized, shaking his head to recover.

The man hadn't taken much notice of the woman baring her teeth at him, simply pulling back respectfully when she did. He certainly didn't bring the subject up, when he disappeared into the den, with Nia's help, to clean it.

After a few minutes, he needed a break, the acrid taste of mold and stale fur settling on his tongue was unpleasant to say the least. He scraped his tongue against his upper teeth after he spat another pile of rubbish onto the ground, adding to the pile they had amassed. He turned to the woman, who's fur showed the dirt much more than his own, and couldn't resist a small chuckle. He commented, while he felt his tail tap the ground with amusement as he sat there. "You look quite interesting" He smiled, before turning to his side, looking for something to relieve the taste in their mouths.

A flicker of purple caught his eye as he walked forward, sniffing at the small flowers with 5 petals. "Violets, this is perfect." He thought, grabbing a dozen in his mouth before returning to the Hervok, and dropping them on the ground.

"Here, eat these, make sure you chew them really well, they will help mask the flavor for a bit." And he proceeded to follow his own instructions.

RE: Home At Last - Nia - Apr 28, 2021

Nia nodded, he was right. There was no need to be over zealous and get ahead of the game. They had plenty of time to work out pack rules and laws. For now what they really needed was to establish themselves. She chuckled a light girlish laugh, "Bless you."

The winter dame heeded him no mind as he took a break from their tedious task. Perhaps she didn't know when to stop, or likewise, wanted it done now verse later. The sooner the better, as the saying went. Briefly she looked over her head and let out an amused snort. The woman simply gave her pelt a good hefty shake and teasing eyeroll. "You should see yourself in a river," she retorted between mouthfuls of fowl flavored clumps of debris.

Alvar pulled her from her task once more and this time she turned with a frown. Her brows were furrowed, can't he focus? still she bit her tongue. The large ghostly wolf came forth and examined the plant. Her dark nose twitching and eyes ever so observantly taking in the specimen. "Violets...unknown medical benefits..." She muttered under her breath, more to herself than anything, before risking a tentative nibble. Nia stopped to watch him engulf his own flower before sighing. Fine, I suppose. With this thought she picked the flower up and munched it into a paste before swallowing.

"Not bad."

RE: Home At Last - Alvar - May 04, 2021

Thoughts Speech Sorry for the delay, I've been distracted and lazy.

"You should see yourself in a river" the winter colored woman replied to him, her voice falling on his ears like a gentle birdsong as he heard a small twinge of contentment, or perhapd even happiness in her voice, unless he was mistaken, but he thought not. He shook his head as if to teasingly mock her words and smiled at her, beaming as he took in the feeling again. Comfort, that was what he felt, a simple comfort of the company of another wolf, working at something they wanted.

When she told him her opinion of the violets, he nodded, cocking his head to the side as if to say that it was no trouble. He picked up the rest of his own in his mouth and chewed away at them, the soft flavor of the nectar coating his tongue and relieving the taste of the crud. He swallowed and brought his head back up, before speaking to her again. "I think you said something about medical benefits, as far as I know, Violets don't have any. But I didn't know that you were interested in the healing arts." He sat back down in front of the Hervok woman, smiling gently at the idea of sharing an interest with her, besides just wanting a place to call home. He hadn't ever really felt like his studying had been valued by other wolves, and he was hoping for her to confirm his suspicions and give him the chance to learn from and teach her. Tail wagging, he listened for the emerald eyed woman to respond.

RE: Home At Last - Nia - May 30, 2021

Nia choked on her words a little, offering him an awkward expression, "Well...I...uh..." She didn't have to lie anymore, did she? Danica wasn't around for her to try and impress. No. Honesty was the best policy. "Afraid not. I'm good at it, but more of a necessary chore than something I enjoy." She smiled slightly, "It's good to know and learn more of it, though." She didn't want to discourage him from further educating her or perhaps her educating him. Even if healing was one of the last things she wished to study on any given day.

"We managed to get a lot done, want to go scouting for dinner?" She asked him, both acknowledging his hard work and begrudgingly offering to move onto another task. The Winter Dame wanted the job to be completed. A place to rest their heads at every night and call home. She sighed standing up and giving him an expectant look.