Ruins of Wildwood
sticky trouble for one please - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: sticky trouble for one please (/showthread.php?tid=19862)

Pages: 1 2

sticky trouble for one please - Falamh - Jul 05, 2021

The alluring scent of ferns and damp moss danced into his nostrils in a tantalizing welcome to the new land he got himself lost in. He gazed around a moment and absorbed the beautiful sights of the wide array of changing land about him. In that moment he stopped his slow trot onward exhaling an appreciative sigh at the surrounding nature. It wasn't every day that something so beautiful could be cherished, especially for someone like him who was always moving.

Falamh found a comfortable place to take in the view and planted his haunches on the ground for a much needed break. Soon after he sat down another heavier scent wafted its way to his nose causing him alarm. There were wolves, many wolves at that, and he was just one wolf himself. He glanced around a bit more nervously, ready to bolt at the sight of another if it meant saving his own rear end. After what seemed like an eternity of silence his anxiety began to ease and he lifted himself from his sitting position ready to move on again.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Enera - Jul 05, 2021

I'm assuming Enera has met @Sirius at least once since he's been staying in her birthing den so.... I can correct that if you like

Enera was travelling further and further from the den. She wasn't sure how she felt about Sirius yet; he was... Something else. He wasn't like her other not-siblings. He wasn't as fun.

So she gave him his space and kept up her usual game of exploring, whether she was with her friends or alone.

Today, she smelled an unfamiliar scent and wandered off towards it, wondering what it might be. She she stepped out of the ferns and saw an adult. He was smaller than some of the adults she knew, and he didn't smell like home.

She instantly knew he shouldn't be here.

Her eyes grew wide and she began backing away. "Mama?" she called, voice quieter than she originally intended. She swallowed and prepared to call again, but louder.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Falamh - Jul 05, 2021

His head snapped towards the noise of the voice, fight or flight in the works. He eased for a moment seeing the pup before panic gripped hold again. That was someone's child and that only can mean there is going to be a very irritated mother attached to that pup. Falamh lowered his stance trying to appear as little of a threat as possible to the child.

"Hello there little one. Are you-"

He was cut off at her words and the sight of her panic. His honey eyes darted across the horizon looking for the woman the pup called for. The voice once curious was now hushed and filled with worry.

"No shh please. Don't cry. Please don't scream. It's okay I mean no harm."

Falamh hesitantly took a step toward the pup trying to calm her the best he could. The last thing he wanted was to get beaten up by an angry mother.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Riven - Jul 05, 2021

Riven had spent the better part of the last few weeks healing from his incident with the bison, but he was back on his feet for the most part. Still limping quite a bit, but nowhere near like he was in the first couple weeks.

The scent of a stranger was unexpected and unwelcome, especially when it mixed with Enera’s own. Riven picked up the pace and planted himself firmly between the two of them, blue eyes narrowed a bit and fur fluffed up to try and make himself look bigger.

”Dont come closer,” he told the intruder, his heart pounding in his chest. Would he be enough to protect Enera if necessary? ”You’re trespassing on Fool’s Gold Chasm territory. What are you doing here?”

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Enera - Jul 06, 2021

Enera was relieved at Riven's appearance; she immediately felt emboldened. He was hurt, she knew, but he was an Adult and that meant he was strong.

The young girl crept up behind his front leg and mirrored his posture, carefully fluffing her fur the same way he had. "Yeah," she added helpfully.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Falamh - Jul 08, 2021

‘Oh great, not an angry mother but an angry male I don’t know which is better.’

Falamh’s gaze darted from the pup to the adult now in front of him nervously. He did not want to be seen as a threat but his anxiety and fear got the better of him. His ears pinned back as the fur on his neck and back raised in alarmed fear causing him to drop lower to the ground.

“I...I was just passing through. I thought the pup was lost...I’m sorry. I really mean no harm, I just…”

His voice trailed off as his brain scrambled for something to say, something to prove he wasn’t doing bad. He was in a pack’s territory after all and of course strangers were almost never welcomed. Much to his disliking his voice sounded like a whine, a plea for mercy, it sounded weak. Was that what he became? A weak dispersal looking for anything to simply just survive? Hell if he knew, the first thing he wanted was to not be torn to shreds and leave his encounter in the past. If that meant running for his life then so be it, but he surely did not wish to fight anyone for that matter.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Riven - Jul 08, 2021

Riven would have been more concerned if the trespasser wasn't around his size. The other man was heavier, for sure, but he noted that they were around the same height. Still, he doubted he would be able to actually fight him if necessary - his leg still ached and he felt weaker from his weeks of rest. But his worries dissipated when the stranger dropped to the ground, submissive and afraid, and the healer heaved a heavy sigh. He nudged Enera gently to acknowledge the pup, and would've told her to head back to the den, but he didn't want to let her out of his sight for the moment.

"She's not lost," he informed the man, his elevated heart rate slowing down. "You can't pass through someone's territory. I'm not going to hurt you, but I do need to call my leader here to talk to you."

With that, the blond tipped his head back and let out a howl for @Adelard specifically. Perhaps he should've called Saga, too, but some sort of paranoia had him not wanting to call the woman away from her pups. Not when there was a stranger in their territory.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Adelard - Jul 08, 2021

Adelard had been walking with Aubine when Riven's call pierced through the forest. The siblings exchanged a glance. Immediately, Adelard knew that his sister wanted to help intercept. He barked at her to stay behind and do a quick border check instead. Then, with her at his back, he surged forward.

He followed Riven's trail, picking up speed when he realized where the Healer was headed. It was not close to the birthing dens or the main dens, but it was much too close for Adelard's taste. He might have felt a little better if he had traced the borders instead.

The situation he stumbled upon was startling. Seeing Riven in a face-off with an unfamiliar wolf with a cub at his forelimb made Adelard's hackles rise. His brush-like tail rose in an intimidating fashion and he flashed his clenched teeth. Instinct alone found him prowling forward to stand in front of his two fair-coated pack mates. He had no words. If Riven wanted to explain the situation, he would have to do it to the back of the Leader's head.

First things first. He had to secure the safety of those under his watch and care. Narrowed yellow eyes regarded the white-furred male, suspicious above all else.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Woya - Jul 08, 2021

Woya had not been far, and still she was beaten to the threat whose scent had been brought to her on the wind. It was a good thing, given the precious treasures kept within the pack's territory. Her own teeth bared, she snaked into view, coming at an opposing angle and effectively pinning the interloper between herself and the men. She wasn't a fighter, Woya had known that her whole life, but it wouldn't stop her from trying to take this man's throat if he threatened any of the children here.

Words had been spoken but she couldn't make them out, having practically blurred over the land to get here as swiftly as possible. She wanted to cuss the younger wolf out, bite at his tail and just get him out, but elected instead to assess the situation first.

RE: sticky trouble for one please - Enera - Jul 09, 2021

Enera was quite proud of herself. She'd found an intruder, all by herself! And she was going to help Riven protect their territory from him! Already her fear in the beginning was forgotten as she stood strong next to her packmate. Her confidence was only boosted when the stranger immediately cowered and began stumbling over his words. That's right; she was scary. You don't mess with her home!

And then Riven called for their leader, and suddenly there were more adults around them. Enera hadn't met the man who arrived first and planted himself in front of them, fur on end and aggression radiating off him. She cocked her head. Why did he need to be up there? She and Riven could handle this.

For a moment the young girl planned to move up next to him, to take up her same defensive position at his side, but the Scary Lady appeared opposite them, teeth bare, and Enera decided it was best to stay beside - and half under - Riven, who was familiar and safe. The Scary Lady wasn't mad at her this time, and she kind of like that someone so terrifying was on her side.