Ruins of Wildwood
Sanguine Cove Retrospective - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Sanguine Cove Retrospective (/showthread.php?tid=20234)

Pages: 1 2

Retrospective - Nash - Jan 10, 2022

For @Moonshadow please, dated 1/11, early afternoon<3
RE: Memories are heavy on your mind, especially of this last year. You can't help but spend time reliving both the good and the bad, for better or worse

[dohtml]

Winter was halfway through, which meant spring was on the way. Hopefully, that meant the pack's luck would hopefully turn. More prey would mean fewer predators would feel the need to invade the territory and raid their hard-won food. If Nash found one more cat on his land he was going to lose it.

That being said, he'd spent a lot of the morning thinking about the last year; he could hardly believe it had been a whole year since everyone came home. One year since he'd been reunited with mother and brother, one year since the Cove had reclaimed their land. In some ways his broken life had been mended, all while falling apart in others. He was finally learning how to roll with the hits, and a big part of that was Aquene - his love. Just thinking about her, about the fact that she returned his affection, made him warm. It made everything else seem worth it.

He decided after too long in his own head to go find his mother; they hadn't sat down to just spend time together since she got back, what with the cougar and Kateri. With everything going on, both in the pack and in Nash's own head, he thought it would be good to talk to her. He checked the pack den first, but it appeared she hadn't gone back to using it yet. He turned instead to her personal den near the medicine den and picked up her scent. He let out a soft bark. "Mom? Mind some company?"

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Moonshadow - Jan 17, 2022

[dohtml]

I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Moonshadow had slowly been working herself pack into the middle of things since her embarrassing return. Her talk with Kajika had calmed her embarrassment and feelings of guilt some, but alas not all the way. She knew no one was angry with her other than herself, but she still couldnt help it. She had planned on visiting the communal den later that day and possibly sleeping there as well. No reason to continue to sulk away from her family. The large shadow was preparing herself to face the bitter cold outside when a familiar and welcomed voice called down to her. Her silver dusted banner beat against the fur lined den. "Always love" the large mother called out as she moved to leave the warmth behind.

Her salt and peppered maw appeared sporting her usual warm welcoming smile. Her mercury orbs met emerald counterparts as she moved to greet her youngest son. She was so proud of the man he'd become; how much he's not only grown from a pup but from who he was just a short year ago when they all found one another once again. "How are ya my dear?" Moon asked moving to sit her large aching haunches in the snow. Everyone had been doting on her, something she was used to doing for others.

Word Count: 000

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Nash - Jan 21, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash's call was quickly answered and he smiled widely at his mother as she moved to greet him. He nuzzled her affectionately. "I'm okay," he answered. "How are you feeling?" He was constantly worrying about her these days; one more reason to hope for spring was how much the warm sunlight would help his mother. Maybe he could travel with her to the hot springs on the other side of the lake; he knew she liked them, though since she'd often visited them with his father he wasn't sure how much she'd like a trip there now.

"I, uh... I have something I want to tell you," Nash said. He'd wanted to simply chat with her about everything that had happened over the last year, maybe talk about his dad, but first he wanted to tell her about something very important - something that he should have told her right away.

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Moonshadow - Feb 01, 2022

[dohtml]

The inky mother hummed as she nuzzled her inky son. He stated he was okay and expectedly asked how she was doing. Her silver dusted tail swept the snow beneath it as she looked him over. "I'm alright love, gettin' better each day." She gave him a reassuring smile hoping to ease his worry. Nash had always been the most concerned of the three Eastfall children, something his mother believed he had gotten from both herself and his father. Luckily, she was well versed in such matters and knew how to navigate it so it didnt become debilitating. The aging woman did her best to help alleviate any stress or worry any time she could and hated when she contributed to it in any way for anyone.

Word Count: 127

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Nash - Feb 07, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash returned his mother's smile, mostly convinced. She did look better, and she was moving better too. "I wanted to talk to you about this year... I've been thinking a lot. Remember how I told you I might leave with Chan come spring?" He remembered the conversation well; it was the same day Kajika had returned. It had been a relief that someone so important to Moon arrived right as she was facing losing both of her sons to wandering the wilds. Not that it mattered now.

"Well, I've decided I'm staying," he said after a pause. "I've told him already and he's okay with it of course. Not sure he'd tell me even if he was disappointed. But I'm staying because..." He couldn't help the shy grin that broke out on his face. He didn't know what word @Aquene would use for what they were, but one thing was abundantly clear: "Aquene and I... we're together."

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Moonshadow - Mar 07, 2022

[dohtml]

The mother's mercury gaze was happy to see that he returned her smile though she could tell he wasnt completely convinced. Though she didn't think he would be until warmer weather returned to the mountain, so she didnt try further to convince him. Instead, her silver dusted audits pressed forwards to capture what he was saying, giving him her undivided attention. Nash asked her if she remembered their conversation about him leaving the cove with Chan sometime in the spring. She nodded her large dark head encouraging him to continue without interrupting him. A wide smile erupted when her lookalike boy stated that he had decided to stay within the cove. She was elated he had decided to stay no matter the reason. However, a small worry raced across her mind that @Chan would then be on his own. Despite his abundant experience of traveling solo she would always worry for her miracle child. That was something to dwell on at a later time.

Her mind snapped back to the present as Nash begun to explain why exactly he had decided to stay. Silver orbs watched a shy grin form on his maw before mentioning that he and @Aquene were...together. It took a second for it to sink in, but then as the realization of his words washed over her, the aging woman sprung to her feet with speed that had long since escaped her. Her fluffy banner wagged furiously behind her as her speckled maw grinned so wide to reveal her tarnished canines in a toothy grin. "That's so amazin' to hear love!" She exclaimed moving to give him an affectionate nudge. "She's absolutely amazin'." She was so happy that not only did her son find love but so did Aquene whom she had come to love very much and the icing on the cake was that they found love within each other. Moonshadow couldnt be happier.

Word Count: 318

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Nash - Mar 27, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash knew his mother would be happy for him, but perhaps he underestimated her excitement - or her affection for Aquene herself. When his news sank in, her smile lit her face and she affectionately bumped him. He returned the gesture, placing a kiss to the crown of her head. "Thanks mom," he said. "She really is." She was amazing, and it was amazing that she'd fallen in love with him. A little thrill went through him. "It's been such a long year, and so much has changed, and not all of it has been easy, but... I'm glad to have met her.

There were many things that weighed on his mind. Worry for Chan, whenever he decided to leave; concern for the pack through the thickening winter; concern for their neighbors, and their future, and so many other things. What would his father say, if he was here? Everything was so uncertain, except this one thing.

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Moonshadow - Apr 29, 2022

[dohtml]

It had been a while since the elderly ebony woman had something this momentous to be excited about...since @Nori really. The pain of losing her granddaughter did not cloud Moons joy in that moment. She settled enough for her youngest son to place an affectionate kiss to her crown. Mercury orbs beamed at her dark boy as he began to speak. He agreed with her about how amazing Aquene was before continuing on about how so many things have changed. Despite not all the changes being for the good, he was happy he had met her. Her silver dusted banner continued to waved behind her large frame. Things may have changed but what would never change would be the love they all shared, and now they had another to share their love with. "I am so happy ya have found someone, let alone someone like her. Y'all make a beautiful couple." She smiled and looked at her son affectionately. Her thoughts filtering back through memories of when he was just a pup to now. How much he had grown, both physically and mentally. She was so proud of him, of all her children, more than they'd ever know.

Word Count: 000

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Nash - May 03, 2022

[dohtml]

It seemed this news had pleased his mother, which pleased Nash. She'd been so sad when Nori had disappeared; he was too, of course, worrying after his sister's daughter as much as he would any other family member. Still, it was good to see a smile on Moon's face now. Nash wasn't sure how things would continue, but he knew he was happy with his love and his mother was happy with having them there. Even with Chan's departure looming, at least he would be here with her.

Even though Nash and Aquene hadn't discussed children, nor had Nash really given it much thought, he did chuckle and joke, "Well, you better get used to being surrounded by look-alikes, because if we ever decide on pups they're probably going to be black too!" Many of the Cove wolves were dark-furred, now that he thought about it. Chan was taking the light gene with him.

[/dohtml]

RE: Retrospective - Moonshadow - Jun 12, 2022

[dohtml]

She was overjoyed for her youngest son. She remembered meeting and falling in love with his father on the shores of this very lake and now here he was doing the same. She chuckled at his joke about being surrounded by lookalikes. "Funny how that's happened. Have I ever told ya I was the only one with inky fur outta all yer grandparents' children?" Her smile widened at the memory of her siblings and parents. The irony didnt end there, Nash was also the only inky survivor of her children. The dark mother didnt mind in the least bit, she joked with herself that they could be known as the shadow cove with how many dark members they had.

Word Count: 119

[/dohtml]