Ruins of Wildwood
Willow Ridge Further Steps Required - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Willow Ridge Further Steps Required (/showthread.php?tid=20315)

Pages: 1 2

Further Steps Required - Avella - Jan 24, 2022

Since they were getting closer to being ready to make their pack offical Avella had made an important decision. It was time that she made the journey to the nearby packs to let them know what was happening in the Willows. She was also hoping to develop relations with them as well. However, before she left she wanted to speak with @Scully. She felt that this trip was much different than previous ones.

She'd be gone much longer than before. It was also important for her to know if he might want to go along. As much as she thought it best that one of them stay and watch over their land she wanted to give him the chance go if he wanted.

She'd set out that morning after her patrol of the territory they planned to claim. She knew her brother had been rather busy lately just as she had so it was hard to tell where he might be.

Luckily it didn't take her long to find him. Hurrying to catch up with him she barked once to let him know she was there.

RE: Further Steps Required - Scully - Jan 29, 2022

Scully was rather happy as of late. He'd found himself in good company, his sibling's plans falling into place around them. They had enough bodies now to not freeze up on the ridge itself and the cavern that could house a whole pack, meaning he could abandon the uncomfortable earthbound den he'd been inhabiting. No longer did he feel the need to wander searching for strangers to lure back, giving him a vacation of sorts before it all became official and more would once again be expected of him.

He'd been finding a meal for both himself and @Avella when she came upon him. He lifted his head from a bloodied splotch of snow, a murdered hare hanging from his jaws. His ink-dipped tail wagged joyfully behind him as he tossed the kill toward her once she'd come near enough.

"What's up, sis?"

RE: Further Steps Required - Avella - Jan 30, 2022

Avella slowed her pace once she had finally caught up with her brother. What she wasn't expecting was the bloody Hare he had dangling from his jaws. All she did was shake her and head roll her eyes, only her brother. Despite the blood she closed the distance to greeting him by brushing her cheek against his. Then stepping back a few paces.

The Hare made a thud in the snow at yer feet when he threw it toward her. This time she laughed at his antics, you're such a charmer Scully." Her smile grew wider when he asked what was up. She had been rather excited about this decision.

"What is up is that we are so close to reaching our goal and I have made a decision. That is what is up dear brother."

RE: Further Steps Required - Scully - Feb 02, 2022

At her teasing, Scully stuck out his tongue, eyes pinching shut to make room for a wavy smile.

I have made a decision, she informed him after, and he raised a brow while chuckling lowly.

"Oh? And what's this a plan for?"

Always thinking, always moving - that was his Avella, and from context he could only assume she had come up with a plot. She was going to make for a fine leader.

RE: Further Steps Required - Avella - Feb 03, 2022

Avella laughed at her brothers antics as he stuck his tongue out at her. She tried to playfully nip at his ear. Scully always knew how to make her laugh and feel better. When she told him that she'd made a decision he seemed genuinely curious. This was in of those moments she was so glad that they'd been reunited.

"Well, I was thinking that since we are starting a pack we should speak to our neighbors. Let them know who we are and what we're doing. That way we might be able to have friends nearby and I really don't want to make enemies with them. What do you think?"

Her brothers opinion on her thoughts and plans were very important to her. He was in this with her and she wanted to include him in all of the decisions.

RE: Further Steps Required - Scully - Feb 06, 2022

Scully batted lightly at her chest when she made a move for his ear, but otherwise fell into relative solemnity. If Avella took something seriously, he was obligated to at least try to do the same. He nodded as her words wrapped up, what she had to say making perfect sense to him.

"Yeah nice, I actually like the others so far," was his initial input, black lips parting with a smile. They could certainly have ended up with worse neighbors, members of their own family included.

"You wantin' to do this soon, I take it?"

RE: Further Steps Required - Avella - Feb 07, 2022

Yes, Avella felt that visiting the packs that were closest to them was setting she had to do. It was the right thing to do as a leader. She also was pretty excited to go amdeet the wolves of the packs herself. So far all she'd had besides their visit with Clover was the words of those wolves who'd already met them.

Avella smiled at her brother, "My brother actually likes someone besides his sister," she teased with a giggle, "And it seems Clover's really caught your eye, huh?" She continued nudging his cheek.

She remembered the way he'd spoken to the healer during her visit. Avella became more serious and looked her brother in the eyes, "Just be careful okay." If he tried something and it went wrong they could have enemies they didn't need. Scully had a question for her in regards to her idea.

"Yes, we are getting much closer to our goal so I don't think its wise to wait much longer. This is the closest we've been so I was thinking I would leave tomorrow. I'll be gone about a week maybe a few days more."

RE: Further Steps Required - Scully - Feb 11, 2022

Scully had known he couldn't avoid these things forever, but still his sister's prodding did not provide the same playful mirth it had before, when it was just the two of them and he was responsible for nothing. Now she unnerved him with unfamiliar adeptness, and the unwanted guidance he'd been anticipating came soon thereafter.

Just be careful okay.

He wanted to keep what that meant vague, and was relieved when she moved back onto the subject of her plans for their future instead of expecting more from him. For now.

"Oh wow, okay," he replied, a little surprised that her departure would be so sudden. He supposed he shouldn't have been, however - it wasn't like Avella to just sit around and wait for things to happen.

"Hey, take Hagar or Moore with you, okay?" in all honesty, he preferred if the latter stayed with him, but he of course wouldn't put such fickle desires before his sibling's safety. Hagar was far from a bad choice, however - he could look intimidating if he wanted to, and listened like no other wolf Scully had known. A perfect subordinate.

"I'll stay to keep an eye on things here. It's best one of us be around incase we have visitors."

RE: Further Steps Required - Avella - Feb 12, 2022

It wasn't just pack relations that worried Avella but her brothers welfare too. She didn't want him to get hurt in any way. No matter how strong he made himself out to be around others she knew how caring and sweet he could be when he wanted to. At least he'd always been to her. And maybe she didn't want him to leave the Ridge for a girl. What would she do without him, they hadn't been apart in so long and he'd been with her every step of the way. She would miss him very much if he left even if it wasn't because of another wolf.

It was a fear that she had, that one day he would become up happy in the Ridge and he would go. Ever since she realized that he hadn't seemed to enthusiastic about her idea. He'd done an amazing job helping her to build everything back up she wouldn't ever say he didn't but she wondered if he was truly happy.

His words brought her out of those dark thoughts and her gaze looking down at her paws. Only a beat passed before she looked back up at him, "I know but I now that I'm sure we are going to be a pack I want to get it done as soon as possible. I don't want there to be any surprises for out neighbors that could cause problems down the road," she explained.

That was her biggest reason as well as she did want to form friendship and maybe even down the road alliances with them. To her it only made sense because they were the closest to the Ridge and therefore could offer help if they needed it.

Scully spoke of taking Hagar Moore with her which made complete sense especially after he spoke of one of them staying to keep an eye on things. "I'll take Hagar with me. He's quiet but I don't think that will be a problem. I wish you could go Scully, you know that right? But you are right one of us should stay here especially if those poor excuses for Archers come back."

RE: Further Steps Required - Scully - Feb 20, 2022

Courtesy, something that wasn't always advocated in their family. Scully smiled. She was certainly the best of them. For every ounce of doubt he held about himself, he possessed an equal measure of faith in Avella's ability to do the the intelligent thing and get what she wanted from this world. He reminded himself silently that all he need do was not fuck it up completely for her, and they would be alright.

He nodded his agreement. Tomorrow it was.

His tail gave a few wags as she chose Hagar over his favorite moose of a wolf, and a few more as she expressed her wish for him to be the one that accompanied her.

"Yeah we don't need shit goin' down and neither of us even know what happened," he agreed, "guess we'll have to get used to splittin' up tasks now, huh? Runnin' a packs a far cry from you and I against the world, like it used to be."

He would miss that, only having each other to worry about and check in with and able to go wherever their wandering paws took them.