Ruins of Wildwood
Sanguine Cove Jumping all over the world - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Sanguine Cove Jumping all over the world (/showthread.php?tid=20421)

Pages: 1 2

Jumping all over the world - Archer - Feb 12, 2022

For @Kateri<3

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

Things were getting better here, even though it was getting extremely crowded. He hadn't expected the pups from the other pack to show up - hadn't know there was another pack, beyond the one on the mountain. It seemed so far away. He wondered what it looked like over there, but he wasn't sure he wanted to travel so far just yet. He would do his fortnight here and go home, and show his new friends what his own home was like. Nice and cozy and much less snow.

Still, Archer had to admit he was having fun. The snowdrifts here were much deeper and therefore more fun to jump into. The ice on the lake was thicker - and the lake was big compared to his little backwater. He wondered what was on the other side. He wasn't about to wander off on his own; his Da had impressed upon him the need to behave, and the mountain was a scary place unlike the flat plane Archer grew up in. He didn't want to play that game. It didn't stop him from staring and wondering, though, and he could pass all day doing that if he didn't pay attention (he couldn't but it didn't stop him from exaggerating, either).

Today was really feeling like a play in the snow day.

[/dohtml]

RE: Jumping all over the world - Kateri - Feb 12, 2022

There were so many new faces in the cove that Kateri was feeling a little overwhelmed by them all. She hadn't really had the chance to speak with any of the pups that had come back with her dad or the ones that had come with Woya. Despite all of the activity going on the Slayer was doing her best to continue following her mother's orders. Rest and recuperate especially after she'd over worked it a bit helping Siyet. She didn't regret that for a moment though, it was nice to be useful and it felt really good to be able to help a packmate.

Even still there was only so much a girl could take so she slipped away from the medical den. Soon enough she found herself wandering about the cove. She was of course keeping the weight off her leg and being careful and all that good stuff. During her escapade into the forest of her home she came across a dark pup.

He was obviously the same age as her but his coat wasn't as dark as hers. She limped up to him, "Hello there. See anything interesting out there?" She asked.

RE: Jumping all over the world - Archer - Apr 05, 2022

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

Once again his pondering at the lakeside was interrupted by a Cove pup checking in on him. Archer quashed his mild irritation; he was here to socialize, after all, and he did want to make friends. He would prove to Eros that he could meet new wolves and make friends without him there too, mud brothers or no. Even if he was a little jealous that his older littermate had gotten an invite to travel freely - and gotten permission from their Da to boot.

Be polite. "Hi," he said to the dark girl joining him. He squinted at her. Was she limping? She looked like she was limping. But she'd asked him a question, and he ought to answer. He shrugged. "Just wondering what's over there," he said. "It's really big." That was really all he could focus on here. So much water.

He eyed the girl. What had they said her name was? "I'm Archer," he said, hoping she would give her name in return. "Did you get hurt? My half-brother's ma is teaching me how to heal." He wasn't sure he had enough knowledge yet to really help her, but it didn't hurt to try, did it?

[/dohtml]

RE: Jumping all over the world - Kateri - Apr 12, 2022

Kateri wanted to make friends that weren't her brothers. So she naturally saw the exchange as an ample opportunity. So when it presented itself she just couldn't let the chance pass her up. Despite her current condition she marched right up to him, the best she could on three legal anyway. She was thankful that she was outspoken cause she greeted him first and found something that they could both talk about.

Her mismatched gaze landed on him when he spoke his name. She was thankful for that too cause she hadn't remembered what it was from the introductions. "I'm Kateri," she supplied just in case he didn't remember either. There had been a lot going on the day they had all met. When he asked if she was hurt she realized he'd noticed her limp. "I am but Its been awhile since it happened," she explained and brightened as he mentioned he was learning about healing too. "My mama is teaching me too. Maybe we can learn together?" It would be fun to have a friend to learn about healing with.

RE: Jumping all over the world - Archer - Apr 24, 2022

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

The the Valle boy's relief, the girl gave her name unprompted. "Kateri," he said, trying it out. "I like that name." He gave her a small smile. She explained her limp was from something that happened a while ago, and his smile turned into a small frown. It must have been bad if it was still hurting her. He hadn't seen something that bad before. His ears perked up when she mentioned also learning healing.

"Your ma heals?" he asked. His tail swayed behind him. "Yeah, we could!" It wasn't like he was sharing Clover with anyone, and making healer friends up the mountain would be good, especially because he could do what Clo does and trade herbs for ones that didn't grow down where they were. "Have you been learning very long?"

[/dohtml]

RE: Jumping all over the world - Kateri - May 16, 2022

So much had happened that first day that Kateri had made sure to tell any of the pups she met later her name. They were supposed to be making friends, right? She smiled when he spoke of liking her name, "I like it too," she admitted, "I think it's pretty plus I get called Kat sometimes too," she added with a small

The young Slayer nodded at his question, "She does and she knows a lot. You should meet her I'm sure she would like to meet you and teach you somethings while your here." She would even be happy to introduce him to Aquene if he wanted. Her smile grew when he agreed that they should learn together. "It will be fun having someone to learn with. We can talk to my mom and your mom see if they will teach both of us." She shrugged when he asked how long she'd been learning. "Not too long I don't think. Mama asked me if I wanted to take over the treatment of my leg. That was when I really started learning. What about you have you been learning a long time?"

RE: Jumping all over the world - Archer - Jun 05, 2022

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

Archer's tail thumped on the ground. He liked this one. It wasn't that he disliked the others he'd met, but Kateri was just... different. She wasn't overenthusiastic, which he got enough of with Eros, but she wasn't so quiet and shy as the others. "I have a grandma Kat," he said. "Her name is really Katna though," he added in a conspiratorial whisper.

He refrained from correcting Kateri on the matter of 'his mother;' while Clover had not birthed them, Eros insisted on calling her Ma and she had been just as much a part of raising them as Vanadis had been. With her training him, he didn't feel quite so annoyed by it anymore either. "It's cool that she lets you treat yourself," he said. "I haven't been learning long, but Clo teaches me a lot when we have lessons. I get to help when someone needs her too. One time," he glanced around as if making sure they were alone, although he knew his uncle wasn't here to scold him for telling, "my Uncle Vayko slipped and hit his nose on a tree. It was bleeding real bad and wouldn't stop, and I had to go get Clo. She taught me that snow can make it stop, and she showed me some plants that help too." he remembered the way she'd pressed against Vayko's face to make sure nothing inside was broken. It had been a valuable lesson, though he fortunately hadn't had to use it.

[/dohtml]

RE: Jumping all over the world - Kateri - Jun 14, 2022

A surprised look crossed the young girls face when he told her he had a grandma Kat, "I never knew someone with the same nickname before," she stated. She smiled when he spoke about her real name, "Its still like me though. I have the name I was given and then the shorter name that I get called sometimes." She kind of wanted to tell him he could call her Kat but this was the first time they were meeting so she thought to wait.

Kateri thought it was pretty cool that there was another pup learning to be a healer too. She was kind of sad that he was from another pack though. It would make it harder to learn together. She nodded in agreement to his comment. "It is. I get to learn about how to make my leg better. I think it's the best way for me to start learning since I'm supposed to be staying close to the den. I haven't been learning long either. I haven't had many lessons s though but I'm sure I will once my leg is better and I can go further." She was quiet as he went into a story about how he got to help Clover. She was glad he did too cause she'd wanted to ask what sorts of things he'd helped with. "I didn't know you could stop bleeding. That's pretty cool. What sort of plants did you use?" She hadn't learned about any plants that could stop bleeding yet.

RE: Jumping all over the world - Archer - Jul 25, 2022

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

Archer nodded along as his new friend spoke. He was glad he hadn't ended up in a similar situation; learning how to heal because he'd been hurt. "My brother gets himself into trouble all the time, so I gotta learn how to heal quick to make sure he's okay," he said with a put-upon sigh. "He wants to learn with me but he does so much already. It would be good for him to know, though; then I won't have to worry so much." Eros certainly put him through it sometimes.

Archer thought back to the situation with his uncle's bloody nose. "Erm... I don't actually remember what they're called," he admitted, glancing away in embarrassment. "Uncle Vayko didn't end up needing them."

[/dohtml]

RE: Jumping all over the world - Kateri - Aug 01, 2022

It was sort of fascinating listening to Archer talk about his brother. More so hearing about how other siblings were with each other. She knew that she didn't share mothers with her siblings but she never felt like she wasn't one of them. "Your brother sounds like a handful," she said a little amused, "I see your point though. Your a good brother Archer wanting to learn to take care of him." Her new friend made a good point though, "It would be good for him to know at least the basic stuff you know just in case cause ypu don't know what will happen." That was a lesson learned for Kateri when she'd gotten lost.

She was really interested to learn how bleeding could be stopped with plants. As it turned out he didn't remember and that was okay. Kateri smiled, "Well when we study together we can learn about it together," That would be fun maybe even better than hearing about it.