Ruins of Wildwood
Nomads Pass There's a twinkle in my eye - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Nomads Pass There's a twinkle in my eye (/showthread.php?tid=20462)

Pages: 1 2

There's a twinkle in my eye - Nash - Mar 01, 2022

For @Aquene<3 Here we go!

[dohtml]

Spring was coming fast; this was evident enough by the bipolar weather, but the trend towards warmth was finally becoming more pronounced. It was about time. The stores were running thin and the herds had yet to begin migrating back up the pass. Nash was growing anxious about... well, everything. This upcoming spring was going to be different than any spring he'd experienced. He was excited, and yet... so nervous. It didn't help that Chan was now gone, so his closest confidant - aside from his mate - was out of reach.

Today Nash headed out toward's Nomad's pass, wandering beyond the Cove's borders to check the snowpack there. With any luck, it would be melting and prey herds would start journeying back to escape the warmer weather of the valleys. Green was already slowly beginning to peek out of the drifts here and there. Hopefully the worst of winter was over.

[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Aquene - Mar 01, 2022

[dohtml]

Aquene could feel the changes but they did not take her aback like they once had. Last year they had simply taken her by surprise, and as a result she had taken Aleister by surprise while seeking shelter in the middle of the night. This time, she was prepared and she had a plan, and a love to share her bed with her. She found herself stalking after his scent, that familiar itch starting to settle in under her skin. It had come slightly earlier than it had the year before, but she was not complaining. It also meant their hopeful children would arrive sooner, right?

She found the irony of where she could tell his scent was headed, but she'd make sure not to make it awkward by bringing it up to him or returning to the same cave where Kateri had been conceived. She did not announce her presence, instead simply running up and falling into step beside him as she nipped lightly behind his ear. The spring would be upon them and with it came ease of travelling and the first budding of plants. Overall, the Slayer woman could not find any faults at all with her current disposition.

Aquene Slayer
[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Nash - Mar 01, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash was well accustomed to brooding, especially on his own, and especially with so much to think about. Saying goodbye to Chan had not been as hard as he'd expected, but his brother was still on his mind. The mountain was particularly quiet with the pups off visiting their neighbors, especially after how hectic things had been the two weeks preceding their departure.

Even swirling in his thoughts, Nash was careful to be aware of his surroundings. He was outside the territory now; things were unsafe. With how many felids they'd dealt with over the winter, he was on the lookout for signs of further potential trespassers, and watching his back. He tensed slightly when he heard footsteps coming up behind him, but his mate's comforting scent washed over him and he relaxed again as she fell into step beside him and nipped at his ear. She smelled... different. Good different. He glanced at her sidelong, returning the playful nip and risking a light shoulder bump.

[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Aquene - Mar 01, 2022

[dohtml]

She caught the tension finding his limbs but he relaxed when he seemed to realize it was her. Being in a playful mood but knowing he was at the very least not yet in the same, she held back a tease.

She felt different… a good different, but the nervousness was new. He returned her nip, and her smile just grew a little. “What are you up to?” She asked curiously, the tone of her voice carrying different, softer, and laced with excitement to match it as well. She didn’t tell him. She didn’t know if he already knew, if he had figured it out from the shift in her scent alone or how well versed he even was in topics like these… but she could get into that in a bit.

There was no reason in her mind to simply jump him. That just wasn’t how they worked. Talking and conversation was how they operated: open communication. It was one of the things that she adored about their relationship because they could truly talk about anything.

Aquene Slayer
[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Nash - Mar 01, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash could tell Aquene was in a good mood, which helped to lighten his own and banish his worries - for now. He wanted to enjoy time with his love, especially when she was so chipper. He felt like many of their conversations turned heavy, and he didn't want that to be all there was to them.

Her question came with a lighter tone than usual and Nash's ears flicked. He sniffed toward her again. She smelled really good. He flashed her a quick grin. "I was checking the snowpack to see how far we are from spring," he said, a tease in his voice, "But something tells me it's officially here." He nipped at her nape. "What're you up to?"

[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Aquene - Mar 02, 2022

[dohtml]

She didn’t mind having heavier conversations. She enjoyed it; it allowed them to develop a deeper bond with one another and understand each other on a deeper level… but right now was not the time for heavy conversations. She was glad to see him start to lighten up. She was glad that her mere presence could have that affect on him. She wanted to be his light and his safe place.

He explained that he was checking the snowpack and she hummed. “The temperature is starting to warm. Soon the snow will be melting and the plants will start to bud again.” She confirmed lightly as he nipped at her nape and she just offered a devilish grin at his question. “I was looking for you.” She stated vaguely, nuzzling against his neck and running her maw up his neck and simply embracing his presence.

Aquene Slayer
[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Nash - Mar 02, 2022

[dohtml]

Aquene agreed with him on the approach of spring, of course mentioning plants. Nash knew new growth would help ease his love's anxiety. She could refill her herb stores, and with their good relations with the two neighboring packs, herb trades would help keep things well-rounded and stocked. He had high hopes for the year.

"I was looking for you."

One of Nash's ears flicked back and one side of his maw quirked back in a coy grin, even as he leaned into her embrace. "Were you," he said dryly. "Should I make it more of a challenge?" he nipped playfully at her neck again before bounding several steps ahead of her and turning with a play-bow, tail wagging. "Think you can catch me?" he teased before bouncing further back, keeping an eye on her. If she pursued, he would continue bounding ahead of her.

[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Aquene - Mar 05, 2022

[dohtml]

She had been hard at work cleaning out her stores, disposing of plants that were not as potent as she would like or simply too brittle to use from winter storage. She would be due to make a trip to the Backwater soon to possibly trade herbs and discuss the state of their stores. Helping each other would no doubt be the best way to go.

She smirked at his grin and offered a wink in his direction before he was nipping at her neck and bounding off ahead. Surely this was the opposite of how it was supposed to go, right? “I don’t know that a challenge is what I was looking for.” She teased, her front end lowering as her tail wagged from side to side. She bound forward after him because she could play along, hoping to lure him with her playful and with her scent as well. She knew she had to smell good to him. She was bounding to try and catch up with him.

Aquene Slayer
[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Nash - Mar 09, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash chuckled as she returned the tease, and bounded away from her as she came after him. He didn't keep it up for long, though; her scent was growing more intoxicating by the minute and he just wanted to be near her. He stopped and turned to face her, dipping into a play bow and waiting for her to catch up.

"No?" he grinned mischievously. "What were you looking for, then?" he asked, though he was growing confident he knew the answer.

[/dohtml]

RE: There's a twinkle in my eye - Aquene - Mar 09, 2022

[dohtml]

Aquene smirked as he dipped into a bow and she easily caught up with him, lightly dragging her side against his own, leaving her scent against him as he grinned mischievously. He was catching on. She smirked back, bounding away from him as she crouched, her tail wagging from side to side with a devious look in her eyes.

“You.” The one word laced almost seductively against the air and weight of their conversation, straightening herself up for a moment. “Unless you were looking for something else?” It was just a light tease in there. She felt herself grow more confident. She was ready; she was just waiting for him to make the next move.

Aquene Slayer
[/dohtml]