Ruins of Wildwood
Sanguine Cove Trying not to step on toes - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Sanguine Cove Trying not to step on toes (/showthread.php?tid=20506)

Pages: 1 2

Trying not to step on toes - Oksana - Mar 09, 2022

Oksana is Challenging @Nash for his rank.

Oksana had never wanted to step on any toes and she always wanted to treat her packmates with the respect they deserve. That was what had lead her to speaking with both Aquene and Nash. Things had gone well in her previous conversation so she hoped the same would happen with Nash. She felt she would be naive if she didn't prepare for the worst to happen. Like Aquene Oksana didn't believe Nash would want to fight her, he was a good guy. Aquene had found herself a keeper.

She didn't waste the time to go looking for the Guardian. Instead she found herself in the center of the territory. This was where she sat back on her haunches and called for Nash. Once her call had ended there wasn't anything left to do but wait and hope that all turned out well.

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Nash - Mar 27, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash was just getting back into the territory from a brief foray to the pass to check for herd movements. With the weather warming the deer would be returning to the territory and food would finally begin to flow again. There were a few signs, but not as many as he'd been hoping for. He would need to talk to Ch-

The guardian paused, his heart sinking. He was still having to remind himself that @Chan was gone, and that he had taken his brother's rank. He was the one to coordinate that stuff when Al wasn't involved. It was surreal.

He would need to talk to @Aleister about putting together a small hunting party to see what they could find. It was getting into fawning season; they would surely find something.

A call directed to him broke Nash's train of thought and his ears pricked. It didn't seem urgent, but he picked up into a trot and followed the sound. "Hey Oksana," he said as he approached. "Everything okay?" Just because her call didn't sound drastic didn't mean nothing had happened.

[/dohtml]

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Oksana - Mar 29, 2022

Oksana waited patiently for Nash though she was nervous about speaking with him. What she needed to discuss wasn't an easy matter but she hoped that the Guardian would understand. He hadn't ever seemed like the unreasonable type nor the type to have a penchant for violence so she had hope in that.

That still didn't quell the butterflies in her stomach. What if he said no then what. Oksana had been dreading this no matter how much she wanted to lead next to her husband. It mattered very much to her and she didn't want to let Lee down.

Thankfully her wait wasn't a long one. The Guardian soon came into view, she offered him a smile. "HI Nash, everything is fine," she greeted when he was closer. "There's something I'd like to speak with you about,"[/b) she started shifting her weight on her front paws. {B}"Aleister's asked me to lead beside him and I was hoping you'd allow me to have your rank?"

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Nash - Mar 31, 2022

[dohtml]

He hadn't been too worried, but hearing everything was well was still a relief to the guardian. Nothing dangerous had slipped past his guard - yet. And then Oksana continued, clearly a little uncomfortable. Nash sat, relaxed, hoping his own posture would help ease her anxiety. Then she explained why she'd called him, and a smile spread across Nash's face as she spoke. "Of course!" he said even as she'd finished. He jumped back to his feet bumped his nose against her cheek in congratulations. "It's about time," he grinned, stepping back. "We need a queen around here, and sky knows Al needs someone to keep him in line."

He'd known the dark woman and his friend had been growing closer and were finally together, but he'd wondered if she would step up to lead with him. Nash was excited for both of them; Al deserved someone who would stand beside him, and Oksana deserved someone who could bring her joy. "You'll make a great leader," he said emphatically. "I'm so excited to see where the two of you take us!"

[/dohtml]

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Oksana - Apr 03, 2022

Nash joined her quickly after she called for him, Oksana was thankful for that. She quickly assured him that everything was alright and that he didn't have to worry. When he sat with a relaxed position she felt a little better. She wanted to get out what she had to as quickly as possible. Then they could get to his reaction and deal with things after that. She supposed that she should have known Nash would be supportive. Oksana had worked herself up so much about this that she wasn't expecting his exclamation. She looked at him puzzled at first. "You were expecting me to ask?" She asked still a little dumbfounded. She couldn't help the laugh that left her when Nash spoke next. "I think I can handle that," she assured but maybe it was more help Aleister through the hard stuff.

Oksana was relieved at how well this was going. More importantly it was a blessing to know that she had Nash's support. Becoming a leader of the pack next to Aleister might have been harder had she not had the support that she did. "Thank you Nash," she told, "I want to do my best for all of you." She had many plans for the kind of leader she wanted to be. "I am too to be honest," she admitted, "I've never led a pack before but I believe Sanguine Cove has the potential to become great. I really want to help us become the best we can be."

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Nash - Apr 05, 2022

[dohtml]

It seemed his tactics at diffusing the tension by relaxing had worked, but still his response clearly took the crow off guard. He couldn't help a small chuckle at her dumbfounded expression. "Well, yes and no. I hoped you would. You and Al are so good for one another; I couldn't imaging the pair of you not leading side by side." He offered a gentler smile.

She carried on, admitting she hadn't led before. He shrugged. "Chan hadn't led before - to my knowledge, anyway - and he did just fine." He winked at her next words. "Sanguine Cove is already great," he said, "but with the two of you at the helm, we'll become even greater. The best, even." He had total faith in his new leader; she would be brilliant.

[/dohtml]

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Oksana - Apr 12, 2022

Oksana relaxed quite a bit after she'd finally gotten out what she'd needed to say. However she became surprised about Nash’s expectation of her asking. As went on to express his thoughts on the matter she couldn't help but smile. It was nice to hear others say how good they thought she and Lee were for each other. "I truly hadn't expected it but I'm glad he asked me. I think he and will make a good team." Oksana was confident about that because she felt like they could talk about anything to each other.

Once she'd expressed her worries about how good of a leader she woukd be Nash had some encouraging words for her. "Chan was quite good at leading," she had thought anyway, "I suppose there's hope for me yet," she joked. On a more serious note she said, "I think a little time and experience is all I need." After all that was probably what Chan had needed too. She'd also have Lee to help guide her. She nodded along with the guardians words, "It makes me happy to hear how much faith you have in us. We won't let you down." Oksana had the same kind of faith in her and Lee. As long as they worked together she was sure that they could keep Sanguine Cove on a path to greatness. "I am honored to have you and everyone else in the cove as my friend." She wanted to make sure he knew that.

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Nash - May 03, 2022

[dohtml]

Nash smiled to see his friend - and his new leader - relaxing. Of course he didn't want her to worry; he was sure no one in the Cove would object to the woman taking her place next to her husband. Oksana was well-liked, and she had confidence in herself and her pack. He was sure the rest of the pack had confidence in her, too.

He dipped his head with a chuckle as she joked, though a pang ran through him at the thought of his brother. He hadn't heard anything from @Chan since he'd left, and Nash missed him dearly. He hoped he and Flair were okay, and that they were finding a place to be happy. Maybe the would visit soon. He hoped his children would be able to know their uncle.

Oksana drew his attention again and he offered her a small bump. "I'm honored to have you as a friend too," he said warmly.

[/dohtml]

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Oksana - May 16, 2022

Oksana had relaxed a lot since getting her question out and learning of Nash's thoughts. She truly felt grateful to have these wolves around her that believed so much in her and her abilities to lead the pack. The only thing to worry about now was not letting them down. Oksana felt confident that wouldn't happen. If she could help the pack as much as she'd helped Lee then everything would be just fine.

She returned the bump he gave her when speaking of being honored to have her as a friend too. Everyday Oksana was reminded of how great the cove was. The wolves there made it really special in her opinion. "Well now that I'm leader and all I suppose you have to take orders from me," dishes joked. Then she let her tone grow a little more serious, "Do you and Aleister have like a daily meeting or something?" She asked curiously since she really wasn't sure if they did do something like that.

RE: Trying not to step on toes - Nash - Jun 02, 2022

[dohtml]

It seemed Oksana's tension had finally faded. She was even joking, to which Nash chuckled. "Suppose I do," he agreed with a smile. Not that he wouldn't have listened to what she had to say before - now her suggestions held a little more weight. A lot more weight, actually, but the guardian didn't anticipate that she'd abuse that power. He was happy to serve.

He let out another short huff of laughter at her question as he shook his head. "We don't," he said. "If something important comes up, like with the cougar, I'll seek him out, or he'll come find me. For the most part he seems to trust my judgement." He paused for a moment, thinking. "A daily meeting wouldn't be all that bad an idea actually, if we have the time. We don't face all that many threats, fortunately. It's mostly just watching for other predators and renewing the scent markers."

The Cove was fortunate to live in such a safe area, especially with the lake drawing so many animals for water. They could certainly face a lot more trouble - trouble he was content to let pass them by.

[/dohtml]