Ruins of Wildwood
Willow Ridge won't go home without you - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Willow Ridge won't go home without you (/showthread.php?tid=20552)

Pages: 1 2

won't go home without you - Hagar - Mar 15, 2022

for @Avella only.

Night was falling, and Hagar felt renewed energy. He slipped out of the pack's communal den and stood upon the ridge that marked their home, using it's advantage to scan the forest. The hunting would be good tonight, he could feel it in his bones. Thankfully spared from harm despite the earlier tussle with the hard-skinned rival, he felt plenty ready and capable to bring home food for the others. With a shake of his coat to fluff it against the cold, he set out to work.

RE: won't go home without you - Avella - Mar 16, 2022

Avella hadn't been able to sleep that night after all the excitement of the day. She knew she should have been tired and resting but instead she was out in the Willows. She thought a walk under the stars would be just the thing she needed. It was nice to be back in her home with those she cared about.

As he walk came to a close Avella found herself arriving back at the communal den. She still hadn't reached the level of tired that would allow sleep to overtake her but that was probably a good thing.

Above her on the Ridge she spotted a shadow that she realized was Hagar. A smile spread across her maw. She'd been hoping for the chance to speak with him privately since her return. She saw him as he left the Ridge so hurried to catch him. "Hagar," she called through the darkness.

RE: won't go home without you - Hagar - Apr 03, 2022

Hagar did not get far before he heard his own name spoken aloud, strides drawing to a close as he stopped to seek Avella's features. When he spotted her, he smiled warmly, chocolate tail wagging behind him. It was good to see her home, and he was glad she wanted to talk. There was a matter he wanted to discuss with her as well.

He turned and met her, nudging her chin with his nose in respectful greeting.

"I was just going to hunt," he explained, before trailing off to let her say what she'd called to him for.

RE: won't go home without you - Avella - Apr 12, 2022

After calling out to him Avella hurried to catch up with Hagar. A smile was a cross her masked features as she came to meet him. His greeting was a warm one which she'd been hoping for. She had been worried that he might be upset because she'd left him the way she had. She returned his nudge with a brush of her muzzle against his cheek.

"Its late," she spoke in response to his explanation. "I guess I didn't realize you went hunting so late," she mused, "May I walk with you?"

RE: won't go home without you - Hagar - May 30, 2022

Hagar smiled broadly, nearly amused that she would feel the need to ask. He nodded his head yes before verbally answering with an easy, "always."

The pack he originally hailed from had been nocturnal, but he'd found that the further he traveled the more the wolves around him carried out a wide variety of routines, some completely diurnal. At the Ridge they were a mixture of schedules, but he had come to reflect Avella's habits more than anything since Moore had gone, wanting to be available as needed by the pack and their leader.

"Feels like I didn't get much done today," he answered the unspoken query of why he was now headed out so late into the moon's reign.

"Was there something you wanted to discuss?"

RE: won't go home without you - Avella - Jun 04, 2022

Avella waited patiently for him to accept her offer to go with him. She didn't want to intrude if he needed some time to himself of something. When he stated that she'd always be welcome she smiled broadly her tail swaying happily behind her. "Same goes for you Hagar." He'd always be welcome as far as she was concerned.

Avella bumped him playfully on the shoulder. "We've had quite the day though. Who knew I'd be fighting a wolverine with my packmates almost as soon as I returned," she said a small laugh passing her lips. She thought she should be more tired than she was but then again maybe it just hadn't hit her yet.

"I wanted to check in and see how you were doing," she stated when he asked if there was something she wanted to discuss.

RE: won't go home without you - Hagar - Jun 25, 2022

Hagar chuckled lowly, thinking back to that chaotic event. It truly hadn't been how he'd intended things to go, but he was thankful both to be apart of a pack that had his back regardless and that no one had ended up badly injured; especially Avella and the new generation she carried within.

"Hopefully not an incident we'll repeat," he remarked earnestly with a small smile still resting upon his lips.

I wanted to check in and see how you were doing, she answered his query simply. Hagar bobbed his head as he spoke, taking the queue to inform her.

"I'm well, each day has been rather routine and the prey have been plenty. I'm glad you're back, though. I missed you."

RE: won't go home without you - Avella - Jul 01, 2022

Avella was thankful that the incident with the wolverine had gone so well. More so that no one had been hurt in the fight. They weren't lucky enough to have found a healer so she didn't know what she woukd have done had something gone wrong. It had also been important to the matriarch that she'd been able to be there to back up her packmates and help them with the intruder. She'd never wanted to be that leader who let her subordinates take care of everything.

She nodded in agreement with his words, "I can agree with that. At least not before we have a suitable healer." She been hoping to find one but hadn't yet been able to.

"I'm really glad to hear that you are well. I am also very happy to hear the prey have been plentiful. That bodes well for us and if I know you Hagar you've been keeping the caches full."

She smiled when he said ge was glad she was back and that he missed her. "I missed you too and I'm glad to be back too," she said bumping his shoulder playfully, "The time away did give me some time to think."

RE: won't go home without you - Hagar - Sep 01, 2022

Yes, a healer. Hagar had hoped to come across one during his ventures tracking herds to help ease his leader's burden, but rogue strangers had proven rare to find thus far. He would need to look harder, for Avella's point was correct; it was needed before anything worse befell the pack. The world was full of hazards, and there were plenty that simply could not be avoided.

Hagar continued to smile as he listened to her speak, always so cheerful and open.

"What did you think of?" he asked, tail swaying behind him. He'd had his own topic to bring up as well, but was more than happy to hear all of what Avella had to share first.

RE: won't go home without you - Avella - Sep 01, 2022

In the times during her trip when she'd been resting the pack hadn't been far from her mind. They never were, she often worried about them even when she was home laying in the den with all of them. She worried about their success amd if they'd make it or if everything would fall apart. She did her best for them and hoped that in the end it would be enough.

It was true they needed a healer because they were so far from help. If something truly horrible happened they would be in a very serious situation. There were other things they needed too.

"We are going to need lots more food before winter and I also think we need some more structure. You know everyone has a job to do and while they can fill in where needed designated jobs would be really helpful in making sure things get done. What do you think?" She answered when Hagar asked her what she'd thought about.