Ruins of Wildwood
Ghastly Woods Another Dark Day - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore II (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Ghastly Woods Another Dark Day (/showthread.php?tid=2070)

Pages: 1 2

Another Dark Day - Nina - Apr 04, 2012

Dark clouds ruminated the sky as thunder boomed overhead. The weather was going to be nice today, but now it seemed as though the day was turning a sharp turn. The dark clouds framed the sky as if in a picture and the smell of rain hung heavy in the air. The air was humid as one could see by looking at the small water droplets left on leaves and berries. The time for summer was nearing and soon the time would come for wolves to finallly shed their winter coats if they hadn't already. The time for having pups was nearing and some females couldn't stand being near the males at this time of year, well some wolves, not all of them.

A medium golden brown wolf sat near a few bushes. The bushes filled with berries and leaves surrounding the wolf as she picked through them, seperating the pair into groups. The healer had been sent out to collect herbs when thunder started to boom overhead. She had been ordered to hurry and pick out the best herbs she could find before the storm ruined them. The medium sized female had time though, she had worked and lived in worse conditions than this, and she was sure she could get through it easily. With a small lick of her paw she continued looking through the herbs carefully making sure that she wouldn't prick herself with a thorn.

Thunder continued to boom loudly overhead as a light drizzle started to form. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but Nina flattened her ears on her head as for no water to enter them. The storm was to soon give her a headache which wouldn't be the smartest thing to stay for, but she couldn't help herself from collecting as many herbs as she possibly could. With a smallsigh she picked up a small carass of an elk she had once hunted and stored the herbs she had already picked in the small bag as to keep them as dry as possible. Hopefully soon, she would have enough so she could head back.

Another Dark Day - Triell - Apr 16, 2012

He had told himself quite frequently he did not like the Ghastly Woodlands, since knowing Volkan's home was around there he seemed to significantly visit them more often. It was not exactly the most brilliant nor romantic thing, but visiting them gave him a sense of peace she was not too far. He did often like to explore near territories, finding their little secrets and such he would assure himself as if it wasn't completely for Volkan.

The problem today was he could not find Volkan, nor Kinis, and not even Ruiko. Once again the sky was plagued with spring showers he was cussing. They had already destroyed two of his homes now, and the rumble of storm clouds was meant with a grumble of his own. He usually was in no hurry for summer, right now it needed to hurry up and get here.

Carefully meandering through the snarled branches the black wolf tried to find shelter, much like he did the time he found Rhysis. There was no signs of even the silvery menance or any living creature. This will be the last time I come here, he darkly thought. He was always caught in a storm here of all places, and wanted this to be his last. Then the rains came, slowly trickling down, and he no where to go.

The most peculiar thing happened before his eyes, he saw a brown wolf grabbing mouthfuls of berries, and he blinked his eyes twice staring in disbelief.

Another Dark Day - Nina - Apr 16, 2012

[dohtml]
Placing the berries she had recently picked she put a few of them into a pile, leaving one in her mouth for the juice. The overwhelming scent of herbs and the rain covered the scent of the other wolf that was near her. She continued to go through her herbs before picking a pile up, turning around, and placing the item in her bag. The female sniffed the air to see if there were possibly any other herbs around, but her senses were already overwhemled so she cast an apercu glance around. The female's eyes landed on the leaves arcross from her and with an excited leap she quickly placed the rest of her herbs in her pouch before bouncing over happily to the stems with leaves on them, her pouch firmly in her maw.
[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
Placing her bag down she collected some of the leaves off of the stem. She had found more thyme, a rare herb from where she was living right now and a common herb that must be used. Blinking her emerald eyes she placed the thyme in her bag and before she knew it, the thunderstorm began. Thunder and lightning danced overhead leaving the female in no position to travel back. The golden brown female darted for the coverage the trees, and she was quick, but apparently too quick for she bumped her nose. Something firm, and hairy?
[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Triell - Apr 20, 2012

[dohtml]
    Right me when I'm wrong.

She did not seem real to him, and if she might have had a little more straggled fur he would have wondered if it was Ozera. There were things about this wolf that were different, and she was not his Zera. She was a stranger, or an odd illusion his bedraggled mind had invented. The
rain could have been literally driving him to madness. When the thunder echoed, the lighting dancing wild against the woods. It was then he suddenly wanted to run far far away, but he stood there blankly at the dark clouds for maybe the first time in awhile caught in this fear's grip.

Then he wasn't aware of anything, but a small figure poking into his neck, and chest. He snapped into realty remembering the odd little wolf who'd been picking berries. "Ahh!" He jumped on her impact, pretty much half convinced it had been lightning to strike with the way his veins sizzled with the shock of contact. Once he landed, his black nose wrinkled, and before he knew it he was demanding to know what had happened."What the hell?"

[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Nina - Apr 20, 2012

[dohtml]
Dropping her bag momentarily in front of her she looked up at the stranger with wide, innocent eyes. The male looked familiar and the older female got a glimse of a current srimage that she had been in. Perhaps the male had been in there, his name, he didn't know the male's name. She dropped down slightly in a defensive crouch just in case she would have to defend herself later. She didn't want to have to fight, she just wanted to get underneath some cover. In a soft, peaceful voice she said, "Apologies, sir, I didn't mean to bump into you." With a small dip her head she cast her eyes away from the male.
[/dohtml]

[dohtml]
He had a slightly familiar scent but Nina had no clue as to where she had smelt it before. He was younger than her from what she had seen but she couldn't be quite so sure. Nina cast her eyes around anxiously as more thunder boomed overhead, echoing throughout the forest as night came towards them. Rain poured harder now, almost seeming to drip through the trees, the wind was pulling trees and bushes back and forth nonstop. The smell of fresh rain filled the air and the peaceful pitter-patter of water dropping on the ground slightly soothed the female.
[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Triell - Apr 27, 2012

[dohtml]
    If I go crazy then will you still
    call me superman?

Eyes took in the sight before him, this wolf was not Ozera but another female he had met once. The one who'd been taunting Athena, and had partially joined in the scuffle with Rhysis later fleeing for safety. He did not mean to startle her, he'd only been startled himself. His dark ears flattened, feeling odd how softly spoken she was apologizing to him. She had run into him he supposed, and faintly his nostrils released a muffled snort. "It's fine, this weather isn't the best," he offered with a subtle roll of his shoulders.

Another crack of thunder, made him tuck his head lower to his body. It easily rattled his senses, but fear did not show in his eyes. He shifted his weight, peering into the wet and dark sky. It would be best to get out of the rain. His golden orange tinted eyes shifted to the older lady, noting she did not seem comfortable in the storm. He turned his head, deciding the clump of trees would do for shelter. "Shelter?" He inquired, pointing his muzzle in his choice of direction, before moving into the cover. It was strange he'd done the same thing not to long ago, but it was Rhysis he had found.

[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Nina - Apr 27, 2012

[dohtml]
The female heard soft words come out of the male's mouth of how the weather wasn't too great. She knew this male's voice. Looking up at him slightly she saw him roll his shoulders. She now recognized the wolf in front of her, even in his frazzled position. She didn't know the black wolf's name, but she briefly remembered of how he was in the scuffle she had been in with Rhysis, Athena, and plenty of other wolves. She had attempted to help them but had only succeeded in fracturing her leg in the process. Opening her mouth to speak she closed it once again for the male started to speak. She couldn't quite understand what he said, due to the weather, but when he pointed to a nice area of trees for shelter she nodded her head before walking over to the cover, her ears pinned down on her head. Turning around to look at the male she hesitated much, she didn't know what to say. She was sure that the wolf recognized her but she couldn't be sure as to if he would attack her. At the moment she was in no position to fight. Her leg was still bothering her, even after the help she had gotten from Niara. 

Finally deciding to speak the golden brown female opened her maw, "I know that I have encountered you before, but I seem to have forgotten your name." Rain continued to pour, possibly harder than it had started, Nina didn't know, but rain made her fearful.  Even though she was a brazen wolf she couldn't help but be irked by the rain, just something about it, she possibly didnt even know what it was. The female shook slightly, the rain probably washing away her scent of fear. To any other wolf, it might have looked like she was shivering due to the temperature.
[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Triell - May 02, 2012

[dohtml]

If I go crazy then will you still call me superman?

She was pretty quiet, this female. Somehow struck him odd, and almost rubbed him the wrong way. If they were about to spend time under a tree in silence he may just go mad. The longer he stared at her he realized she could very well be scared. She didn't know he was, not really. She'd seen him taunt Athena, and join in a fight. He'd even said something to her, like keeping her lips tight or something. He could not remember, it was Rhysis as always who consumed his thoughts. Maybe, that's what would kill Triell. It wouldn't be the wolf's teeth, but having every waking hour with the very thoughts of him clawing away his sanity. He jerked his head, if that might stop or slow the process. He briefly thought of other things. The cold raining thrumming down against his skin, the change in pressure, and the continuing grumble of the forest. When it was clear she wasn't about to say something, if she'd even heard him, he took up a seat beneath the branches. It offered little shelter, but it was something at least.

His warm golden-orange eyes tried to peer at her indirectly when she made her way over. he really did not know her name, and this he decided really what bothered him. It was rude not to know her name, and maybe he could share how the Creek wolves were doing. They stood there seeming to want to speak and unable until she managed it first. This brought a half smile to his dark lips. "Triell," he offered wanting to assure her. Her fear was not extremely noticeable, but just enough when he was trying to concentrate on something besides his thoughts. "You know I won't attack you, I'm sorry you were in the middle of all that...and what I said," he added, trying to keep a bold yet sincere tone.

[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Nina - May 03, 2012

[dohtml]
The silence of the handsome male had the Hervok sit uncomfortably in front of him. He was much bigger than her. He could easily take her down without a moments hesitation, but she knew to be careful, she usually was in these situations, she didn't want anything weird happening, but she also didn't want to be attacked. The man jerked his head which sent a new chill of fear down her spine as she stared at him. She needed to stay where she was though, she didn't want anyone thinking she was a coward, for she wasn't. She just didn't like the loud crackles of thunder. His name, she knew she had asked him something, and his reply reached her ears. The male was already smiling, and though it was raining Nina inhaled, remembering the male's scent. Triell. His name is Triell.

Throughout concentrating on remembering the male she almost completely missed what the male had said. Blinking her soft emerald eyes in shock she listened to the quiet forest around her. Had the giant in front of her just apologized? The male was being sweet, but he held a hint in his tone that told her that he was still stronger and much bigger than her, as it seemed. She knew the black male deserved an answer, so after a sort time of debating she said, "I'm Nina. You honestly don't need to apologise to me. I made the choice of going into that fight, and truthfully...Athena and Rhysis aren't exactly my favorite wolves." Though the golden lady wasn't one to judge she couldn'thelp the slight grudge she felt towards the two wolves that she had met when she had first entered Relic Lore.
[/dohtml]

Another Dark Day - Triell - May 05, 2012

[dohtml]

If I go crazy then will you still call me superman?

Fear. It would not take much for it to consume him these days. It was hitting him at every corner, from every rain cloud, from every dark shadow. How he managed to stay one step ahead of it, he wouldn't know. Here now it was threatening him in her very breath. Could she really not dare trust him? He'd been against Athena and Rhysis too. He wouldn't give her a complete pass by being in his brother's pack, so maybe he shouldn't count on her doing it for him. With a quiet sniff, he wiped his running nose against his shoulder, and continued to peer out in the rain. He was close to just walking off, leaving her in peace. She was reminding him too much of Ozera, and how baffled...how distant her eyes had been. It was almost too much.

Thankfully Nina spoke up, broken from her distant reverie. In her words he felt like he had a better knowledge of who she was. Before he thought she was a bit foolish of a wolf, and full of false bravado. Apparently she didn't like the Poison Pack wolves much either, and he had to laugh. Though it was quite a bitter laugh. "Ah I see, well I don't much care for them either. I guess I could tell you that I at least left Athena with some pain by her own fault. Tried to pull her out of the fight by her tail, and pulled it pretty damn hard to get her to knock it off," he huffed, not very pleased with the turn of events. He thought for what it was worth Nina should hear of it. He let out a brief sigh, and scrunched his body into a hunch. "Rhysis, well he'll get what's coming to him I swear....." He meant every word, one way or another that wolf would pay the price. Triell only did know what it could cost him nor the Aquila man.

[/dohtml]