Ruins of Wildwood
Heartleaf Creek All My Blood - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Heartleaf Creek All My Blood (/showthread.php?tid=20910)

Pages: 1 2

All My Blood - Leo - Aug 03, 2022

Early evening - just outside DEB Borders. Leo is calling for the leaders as well as his siblings: @Viorel @Kateri @Seri 
Please allow @Stella to post first :)

[dohtml]

He didn’t like this. Leaving the Cove felt wrong, even if it was just a short trip and they would be plenty able to protect each other and the pups for a few days. Leo wanted to be there , he needed to, to help look after his siblings and cousins, now that Aleister no longer could. He certainly didn’t want to be here! If Oksana hadn’t asked him and Stella specifically, he wouldn’t have gone; Let them find out on their own! The new grief had only tangled his feelings up further than they already were – about having a brother he’d never known of, and about Kateri leaving.

It was all a big mess, too much loss and hurt and he didn’t want to deal with any of it! Part of him said they deserved to know, while the other insisted they’d made their choices – they would have known already if they’d been there! It was an endless back and forth. Ultimately, he’d come out of duty, and to support Stella, so she wouldn’t have to deliver the new alone.

As they neared the border, to colored eyes glanced over at his pale sister, trying to give her an encouraging smile. Then he raised his head to call for the leaders of the Backwater, as well as Seri and Kateri by name; Let’s get this over with!

Thoughts ”Speech”

[/dohtml]

RE: All My Blood - Stella - Aug 04, 2022

Her paws were sore, and her mind felt numb. In a way, the journey was a cathartic distraction, a task to put her mind to, but this felt like running from things, too. She and Leo had traveled with as much haste as they could manage, sharing the understanding that the sooner they reached their destination, the sooner they could be done with this task and turn back home.

She would be glad to see her sister, though it was under the worst of circumstances. Stella wished Kateri had not left, or else had returned to them sooner, but she could not hold it against her for a number of reasons, not the least of which being that Stella had once chosen to do much the same. She feared the blow that their bad news would bring, but there was no way around it. Hopefully Kat would come home with them now, at least for a time. They needed each other. Selfish or not, she needed her sister, her family. Everything felt like it was falling apart in a million directions at once, and she was just trying to catch a piece or two to hold onto.

And then there was Seri... the last time they had spoken had been the first time they'd met. They'd talked of Pa, and she had carried his message home and delivered it, and for what? There would be no future reunions now for their father and any of his children.

Catching Leo's eye, she gave him a nod, an uptick in the corner of her lip offered in return to his brave smile. At least they had one another, through thick and thin. She stood beside her brother as he called out, and then as the quiet fell around them. The sky was still blushed with the sun's last light, but around them the shadows were growing long, and there was a single bright star visible overhead.

Aleister's loss would ripple out from the Cove and around the Lore, affecting the many lives he had been a part of. The journey here had been the easy part. Now their true task lay before them. What would they say?

RE: All My Blood - Kateri - Aug 04, 2022

It had been a long morning for the Slayer girl but it had been nice. She felt like she'd really accomplished a lot. She'd done her exercises and even caught a marmot to add to the cache. Later she'd spent some time with the little ones and of course Archer. It was time for a well deserved rest which was exactly what she was doing. In a shady spot outside the pack den she laid stretched out in the grass. Her eyes were closed as she took in some deep breaths of the air around them. She knew a trip to the falls might be in her future but that was a problem for another day.

Kateri's eyes shot open when she heard the call. It was Leo, What was he doing here?. Mayne they'd found out in the cove where she was and her mother had sent him to bring her back. Whatever the reason she wanted to see her brother. Getting to her feet she made her way swiftly to the border. By this time her limp was nearly gone.

Stella was there too and in that moment she realized just how much she'd missed them. A smile crossed her features as she made her way toward them. The Slayer girl moving to embrace them each in turn. "I've missed you both so much and I'm really sorry I left like I did."

Knowing what they'd been through with their mother she shouldn't have left without saying goodbye at least to them.

RE: All My Blood - Archer - Aug 10, 2022

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

Archer had been spending a lot of his down time with Kateri. He enjoyed having her around. He still had a lot of duties, caring for Inger and her children, but with Eros helping and Seri doing what he could when he felt like it, their little mud brothers pact was really helping him have more freedom to hang out with his visiting friend. He had to admit he hoped she would decide to stay with them.

He'd been thinking about asking her, but that plan was interrupted by a familiar voice rising over the trees. Archer's ears stood upright. What were the Cove wolves doing here? He knew that they were welcome, and that Eros would be pleased to see Leo, but part of him worried they were here to steal away his friend. The call had not been for him, but he rose and ran toward them none the less.

Kat was already there, affectionately greeting her siblings. Archer padded up and nodded to the pair. "Hello," he said, friendly, even though his stomach twisted.

[/dohtml]

RE: All My Blood - Viorel - Aug 16, 2022

[dohtml]

Vi had been conversing with Sharlee, debating what their long term plan would be if the water didn’t return in the fall when the call went up. He had given his advisor a quizzical glance when he had recognized the voice of one of the yearlings from the Cove. He didn’t know them well enough to distinguish who it was, but it sounded familiar to the leader. Shrugging at Sharlee he turned and made his way to the borders.

The scene that met him was interesting, a gathering of yearlings, both from the Cove and from the Backwater. The Dead Empress wolves looked curious and cheerful, and the Sanguine teens looked somber and exhausted. Salt and pepper tail waved a few times in friendly greeting, those his yellow eyes swept over the young faces of Stella and Leo.

Not sure what to say to ease the slight tension he did his best, ”Please friends, come in. You must be tired from your trek.” He was reminded suddenly of when Kateri had suddenly and unexpectedly arrived to them. Surely these two weren’t also coming seeking a place to stay?

[/dohtml]

RE: All My Blood - Leo - Aug 16, 2022

[dohtml]

Unlike his sister, Leo felt little sympathy for their wayward siblings. He did not understand the urge to wander that both his sisters seemed to have, feeling such a strong need to stay and protect his family himself. With Seri it was more complicated of course, still, he hadn’t come to the Cove, hadn’t even known their father; Will he even care…?

His thoughts were interrupted when Kateri arrived. Seeing her send an icy stab through his heart, her smile only making what she was about to learn that much worse. He might be angry with his older sister, but he still loved her and hated the hurt he was about to cause her. His head nodded almost mechanically in response to her greeting as he numbly accepted her embrace, her apology fell on deaf ears though – he couldn’t forgive her, not now.

Luckily the Cove wolves weren’t forced to make small talk, as their hosts soon arrived. First, to Leo’s surprise, was Archer, stepping up beside Kateri with a friendly greeting. The Vuesain boy’s tail gave a small wag, but that was all he could muster, heart too heavy to feel any real cheer at seeing the other yearling again. And then Viorel arrived, meaning the truth could be held back no longer.

Bowing his head to the Backwater leader, Leo was about to politely decline the offer but paused as his eyes fell on Stella. It had been a long trek from the Cove and darkness was falling; Staying one night can’t hurt… Looking back up at Viorel, he gave a small nod; “Thank you. I… I’m afraid we don’t bring g-good news.” He paused, glancing at Kateri, an icy feeling settling in his stomach. Forcing himself to meet her eyes, he swallowed twice before being able to continue, voice monotone; “Dad’s… That is, Aleister’s dead.”

Thoughts ”Speech”

[/dohtml]

RE: All My Blood - Stella - Aug 16, 2022

getting long winded here, no need to match

"Kat," she mumbled, voice rougher than she'd anticipated as it fell away into silence. Stella bumped her head against Kateri's in a silent greeting, before drawing back to offer a nod to the others who had appeared. Any oddities or lack thereof in Archer's greeting were missed by Stella, who felt as if she herself were wrapped in ever-tightening thorns.

She could only offer a nod to Viorel, thankful of his understanding and hospitality. They were here on behalf of their family, their pack, and so despite her internal wretchedness Stella tried to hold it together and present herself respectfully to the Backwater wolves, to be here for Leo, and for Kateri.

However, when her brother did not refuse the offer to stay, she blinked at him in dull surprise. This wasn't a social call, and their task, while heavy, would not take long now that they were here. Stel was ready to wear her paws bloody to get home sooner, and in order not to impose, but Leo was probably right. That was of no use to anyone. Perhaps it was better to stay one night, and return that much more ready to lend a paw. She barely had the energy to protest, anyway. And the reason they had come here was far more important.

When Leo broke the news first she was grateful, because she was sure she would have choked on the words. Hearing the reality of it again from her brother's mouth brought a fresh stab of pain and the thorns tightened their grip. She looked at Kateri, everything she wanted to say in her gaze.  The weight of his words settled around them, and she moved to rest her shoulder against Leo's and her head against Kateri's again in silent sorrow and comfort.

Moments passed, she was not sure how many. Eventually she was able to withdraw, draw a shuddering breath, and speak, albeit haltingly, to tell them of Da's sacrifice and loss. "He, um... got hurt defending the den from a cougar and... his wounds... he fought them, too, but... he couldn't win again."

RE: All My Blood - Kateri - Aug 17, 2022

It was good to see her brother and sister again. Despite her choice in leaving the cove and coming to live with the backwater wolves she missed them very much. She greeted them both with an embrace that she hoped would convey how much. Leo's response to her greeting and embrace was her first indication that something wasn't quite right. She attributed it to the fact that she'd left without saying goodbye or even explaining things to him. She knew how he felt about those he cared about leaving without a word. Stella's greeting was a warmer one but it too felt odd. The reunion certainly wasn't like the one they'd shared when Stella had returned to the cove.

Archer had come to join them. He'd become a constant in her life so it wasn't any surprise that he had come. She offered her friend a smile when he greeted her siblings in a friendly manner. Viorel wasn't long behind Archer and he was just as kind to Leo and Stella as he'd been to her when she'd showed up. She was grateful to him for offering them a place to rest. Her gaze went to Leo and Stella hoping they would accept and that she'd have a chance to talk with them.

The first words Leo spoke caused the Slayer girl to feel like her stomach had dropped into her paws. {I}bad news?[/b] What could have happened. Sure the drought had been hard on everyone but the cove wolves were in a much better situation. Her mind was spinning with all the scenarios of what could have happened. Then Leo said it. It wasn't said gently at all. Kateri's breath caught in her throat. She didn't want to believe it. Not her father. She felt Stella's head against hers but it didn't quite registered as she fought the urge to tell that they were lying and that her papa wasn't dead. Thst this was just their way to get her to come back.

But why would they do such a cruel thing? They loved her. Stella had broken the contact and started to speak. Matched gaze went to her sister as she explained how her father had died. Tears had started to stream down her face as she looked down at her paws trying to process that she'd never see him again. She'd never talk to him or learn anything from him again.

Then she gasped her eyes going wide, "I wasn't there. I didn't know he was hurt. I should have been there." The words just flowed out of her mouth as the thoughts came to her mind.

She suddenly had an overwhelming feeling that she had to run. That she had to get away from this place because now it was the worst place ever, it was were her world came crashing down.

RE: All My Blood - Archer - Aug 17, 2022

[dohtml]

Archer Valle

Archer's da wasn't long behind him, welcoming their guests just as warmly as he welcomed all their neighbors. Archer felt a little guilty for failing to be as friendly as he should; he didn't know if they were here to take Kat home. Maybe they just wanted to see her.

And then Leo said 'bad news'. Already they'd been muted, and now Archer's ears flicked up a little, his stomach dropping. What could possibly have-

Oh.

Archer's ears fell flat against his head, hurt churning inside him. He hadn't known Aleister very well, but he knew Kat loved him and that he was a good friend of his Da and that he'd been a good man. As their visitors continued, the young Valle watched his friend's reaction. She'd stopped breathing, and then gasped, and Archer could almost feel the grief emanating from her, especially when she spoke. His chest clenched, but this time in sympathy for his friend and not in fear that should would leave. Of course she would go home now.

He didn't know what to do. He'd seen death, seen the pain caused by the loss of his gramma Kat. This was different though. He hadn't seen the loss of a direct parent. It was just... different. It was different because this time it was Kateri that was hurting and Archer didn't know what to do. He shot a glance to his Da, almost hoping for some sort of direction, but the boy quickly turned away again. He stepped to Kat's side and very gently embraced her, leaving her room to pull away should she want, but hoping he made it clear he was here if she wanted him. "I'm so sorry, Kat," he murmured, pouring everything he felt into the inadequate words, praying she might understand.

[/dohtml]

RE: All My Blood - Viorel - Aug 17, 2022

[dohtml]

The leader’s suspicions were proven correct when Leo announced that they were not here with good news. Dark ears flipped backwards against his skull at the news that Aleister had passed. Instantly yellow eyes went to Kateri and seeing his son embrace her in an attempt to comfort her. Glancing back at the teens on the doorstep he was heartbroken that this was the reason they had traveled all this way.

Letting out an exhausted sigh he finally spoke, ”I am so sorry for your loss, your father was a good man and I was very fond of him.” Maybe he should have made the trek up the mountain to see him, but you always think that you have more time. Looking up at the stone giant in the distance he could only imagine the pain of the pack that called that their home, and the dangers they faced everyday because of it.

What else could he say? ”I know it is not much consultation, but if there is anything the Backwater can do please let me know. Food, herbs, shelter, anything you need.” But, he knew none of that would bring Aleister back, such a pittance in the face of what they were going through. And so young.

[/dohtml]