Ruins of Wildwood
Fool's Gold Chasm læknir - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Fool's Gold Chasm læknir (/showthread.php?tid=20944)

Pages: 1 2

læknir - Hircine - Aug 28, 2022

[dohtml]

The next stop for him would be none other than the infirmary. Where he fully expected to get to better know the medic. Who...he did hope wouldn't mind him crashing the pad. Maybe he would get lucky, and find the makings of a friend or something. However, if the resident doctor was anything like Woya?

He wouldn't hold his breath.

He slowed to a halt outside the infirmary. A warm bark to announce his arrival first. Figured it would save him face if he did not immediately barge in.

Hircine. Woya just accepted me, told me I'd sleep here for the time being. In case all of that hadn't been clear enough in the series of calls.

[/dohtml]

RE: læknir - Leviticus - Aug 29, 2022

Levi had heard the calls while perusing the verdant new growth of one of his herbal plots. Given the infirmary lay between where he stood and where he estimated the howls to be originating from, he chose to meet his alphas and this new wolf there. When it was clear he'd be waiting a moment or two, he crawled into the den and did a quick check to make sure everything was presentable. He'd already been crawling his way out when he picked up the sound of paw steps.

When Leviticus popped out of the ground, he saw only a stranger. The man was large and strapping, steel eyes easily intimidating to the leaner wolf. At least he could smell Woya and @Adelard nearby, perhaps they were talking?

Hircine. Woya just accepted me, told me I'd sleep here for the time being

Levi's ears picked up. Sleep here? His teeth clicked shut to keep back a nervous uhh, not wanting to be the one to give any kind of bad impression of the pack. This guy didn't need to know he was completely caught off guard and clueless as to why Woya had practically assigned him a bunkmate.

Was he ill or injured? He didn't look it.

"Well uh, welcome to the Chasm. I'm Levi, the pack medic. I can show you the den I guess, but is there uh, anything you need from me first?"

RE: læknir - Hircine - Sep 01, 2022

[dohtml]

Levi, pack medic! Good information to commit to memory, especially as he hunted and scouted. Injuries were bound to happen.

Ah, I don't think so? Unless you have something for cracked paws. Although he wondered if any treatment might be moot if he would be off to the mountains in no time. Figure it might not hurt to patch them up before Woya sends me to the mountains. This said as if he expected the medic to know exactly what he was discussing.

Packs were always on the same page, right? All of them in unison, and so on and so forth.

At least that's what he had known them to be.

[/dohtml]

RE: læknir - Leviticus - Sep 10, 2022

"I do, actually," Levi was quick to answer, ears lifting with happiness to be of use in his role. After all, he had much to make up for. He took a few steps back toward the den entrance, but politely kept his eyes on Hircine's chest as the man continued to speak. The mountains? Was he meeting with the Cove wolves, then? Did one of the others know this guy? He hoped Woya or Adelard would come explain soon, but continued to internalize his curiosity rather than display it.

Levi ducked back into the den, and swiftly picked out what he needed. When he returned from beneath the roots and earth that encapsulated the infirmary and its cellar, his wolfish cheeks bulged with the plant matter he munched upon, grinding it into a pulp with his teeth and saliva. It wasn't the most enticing method, but when utilizing material that was safe to ingest he had been taught this way was most efficient. Much like how one should lick a wound clean, the effectiveness of the medicine was believed to only be bolstered.

Once finished, he let the salve out onto the grass.

"Looks gross I know but if you coat your pads in this stuff and give 'em a rest, they should start to heal and strengthen back up. How long do ya have?"

Was this just for a few days, an indeterminable length, permanent?

RE: læknir - Hircine - Sep 10, 2022

[dohtml]

That...sure would be a sight to be greeted with.

The man's cheeks had become chipmunk-like in nature, bulged with something in them. Was that the...?

Oh, yup. It sure had been the very medicine the man said he had. Plopped fresh onto the ground in a wad of cud. Hircine wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Medic wolf in the mouth, even. Carefully he began the work of dipping each paw into the wad. A gross, warm sensation between his toes. Although he couldn't deny that it did already make his paws feel better. Moisture and warmth were wonders for the dull, dry cracks.

She said I got about a week before I need to head that way. Figure I give it three days before hitting the road, checking in on the family up the mountain. He flopped down onto his side, legs and paws stretched outright so he wouldn't just smear the salve all over the ground. Anything you need while I'm out there?

[/dohtml]

Leviticus' tail began to wag calmly behind him as Hircine took the treatment without qualms, often anxious that a patient would find something to be displeased with regardless of whether they had grounds to or not in his own mind. In fact, the newcomer appeared to be rather collected and he couldn't help but assume his connection was not to the more hotheaded of their leaders. Perhaps a friend of Adelard's, then?

Levi settled onto his own stomach, laying at rest close enough to continue the conversation.

"I'd actually love it if you could take them something? You might already know, but they just lost their founder."

A sympathy bouquet was essentially what he hoped to send, but despite ranking third in the pack's official hierarchy he did not see himself as having enough authority to instruct Hircine to do anything. In Levi's eyes, it was up to him if he wanted to go through the effort of carrying something all that way.

"It would mean a lot to them, I think."

RE: læknir - Hircine - Sep 10, 2022

[dohtml]

Had Woya mentioned...a death? She had seemed inclined to send him to scope out the water situation and their health. It almost seemed shitty to show up and ask about that when their founder just died. Good thing he hadn't gone into it blind now.

Regardless he composed himself and offered a little nod.

I don't mind at all. That's really thoughtful. A little flex of his toes while the balm started to dry against him. What do you got in mind? Have a hide to wrap it all up in? That could be easily rectified if not, but was always good to know what they'd need to prepare.

[/dohtml]

Levi's tail thumped against the dewy grass in a reliable rhythm now, already feeling far more at ease with this unanticipated situation. Hircine was proving to be rather gentlemanly, and he found himself hoping he was not just here for a temporary stay. To him, they needed more numbers still, and especially wolves with kindness and patience in their hearts. He appreciated Woya's strengths, but worried for her weaknesses and how chaotic some of the children were already proving to be. Ultimately, they all could use some calmer presences not afflicted by the grief that had plagued the Chasm over the last year.

"We do, a gift from the same pack some time ago actually, so just make sure not to leave it there please," he replied with a growing smile.

"I was thinkin' lilies and some chaga and solomon's seal. Just, help them keep their strength up and remind them we're here for 'em. I really appreciate it, Hircine, thank you. Where um, where do you come from... ?"

RE: læknir - Hircine - Sep 16, 2022

[dohtml]

He nodded with understanding as he listened along to what Levi said. Most all of it went above his head, but that was alright. A gift was a gift! He also figured that this family up the mountain might have a medic of their own. More equipped to handle herbs than the probationer.

Elk's Bend. River far from here, the migration trails earned the place the name. You heard of it?  He figured there was a solid chance the medic hadn't. What were the odds somebody heard about home here? A fifty-fifty shot at best. Higher odds among scouts or hunters.

[/dohtml]

RE: læknir - Leviticus - Oct 02, 2022

Nope, not one bit of his answer rung a bell, and so Levi shook his head 'no.' Had he been his younger self, he would've been abuzz with questions. Now, he knew firsthand how private the past could be. Even if Hircine hadn't appeared to tense at the subject, he wouldn't push much further unless there was some hint of invitation. He still wished to know if this man was connected or truly just a stranger without outright asking, but wouldn't risk rudeness just to do so.

"Sounds like a nice place," he commented instead, giving space for the man to either confirm or deny the assumption as desired.

"Are you hungry? I could grab us something to eat, and we can make you a spot in the den since... you're staying."

The final phrase was almost spoken in a questioning tone. He'd never been a good actor.