Ruins of Wildwood
Dead Empress Backwater don't stop me now - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore XII (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: Dead Empress Backwater don't stop me now (/showthread.php?tid=21774)

Pages: 1 2

don't stop me now - Eros - Jul 15, 2023

Rank Challenge for @Seri only.

Eros was now older than his father had been when he'd founded this pack, taking the helm as leader ever since. It was an example he had always found himself leaning into, even if at times it had threatened to take him out of the Backwater altogether. Now? He wouldn't dream of doing anything but fighting to better this home.

It was time for him to carve out his own place in the ranks. Standing between him and his goal were three wolves, starting with his best friend. Eros didn't want to fight Seri, didn't want to posture and bully him. This was the only challenge that he wanted to be a discussion. After all, if he didn't have the other wolf's blessing, that would be a bigger problem in itself.

"Ser?" he called, following after his scent.

"Can we talk... ?"

RE: don't stop me now - Seri - Jul 15, 2023

[dohtml]
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong

Seri Donata

and dreaming when they're gone

He wasn’t sure if it was simply because he just grew up in a different environment, but somehow all of the tragedy that had marred the Backwater and his friend hadn’t managed to touch him and impact him in the same way. Where others had become bitter and angry, he remained as hopeful as he had been when they had first met as pups… or perhaps it was simply because he wanted to be a supportive presence for the wolves who had give him so much.

He had just finished running a patrol along the southern border when he caught Eros, slightly out of breath from the pace in which he had been moving as his friend asked to talk. He paused for a moment, clearly heaving before he managed to regain his bearings and nod. “Of… course… Er.” He would offer as his tail wagged.

He always had time for his friend! No matter if it was a serious conversation or the two of them goofing off. Being there for his friend and seeing him happy or helping him made Seri happy.

[/dohtml]

RE: don't stop me now - Eros - Jul 16, 2023

Eros would greet him with a small smile in return, about as much enthusiasm as anyone got from him these days. Besides, he wasn't here just to hang out. Hopefully Seri would still want to after, but... what if this request insulted him? He pawed at the earth a moment, almost idly, while lifting his gaze to meet his friend's.

"I want to become a second. To have more clout, so I can help better. But that means, I gotta challenge you for your rank. I just... I don't want to do it in any way that'll affect our friendship."

It wouldn't be worth wounding their relationship, now the closest he had.

RE: don't stop me now - Seri - Jul 18, 2023

[dohtml]

Seri Donata

Seri listened to his best friend as he explained why it was that he had called him there. He wanted his rank so he could continue to grow. Seri felt conflicted, because of course he wanted to help his friend, but he didn’t just want to step aside from his rank because surely that would make him look weak? Right?

“It’s not gonna affect our friendship, Er.” He was quick to assure his friend as he rested back on his haunches, his tail thumping lightly against the ground. “But I can’t just hand it over to ya either… ‘cause I got appearances too.” There was a certain seriousness and apologetic tone in his voice as he looked to his friend.

A part of him wanted to just hand it over… but he couldn’t.

“Why don’t we compete for it? A spar or a hunt or something… the person to catch the most rabbits?” Perhaps it was the way he managed to remain naïve after all this time… perhaps it was simply because he didn’t fully understand rank challenges… but those were his suggestions.

[/dohtml]

RE: don't stop me now - Eros - Jul 18, 2023

Seri was unfazed, just as he almost always was since recovering from the loss of his father. It would annoy Eros, if he wasn't simply thankful that was one less loved one that he needed to attend to. In fact, he even got a smile out of him. Wry, with a competitive lilt. If his closest friend didn't have any hard feelings over it, the aspiring Valle had no issue in taking him on.

"Oh, you think you actually could take me in a spar?" he teased, shoulders rolling as his fit form settled into a predatory stance. Of course, he knew Seri was just as strong, but he didn't have Viorel's training behind him. But if he really wanted to go after rabbits instead, that'd be okay too. Either way, Eros was just glad to get the ball rolling and to have things go so smoothly.

RE: don't stop me now - Seri - Jul 30, 2023

[dohtml]

Seri Donata

He had always been more easygoing. He had his moments, moments where the emotions overtook him in what was sometimes a less than stellar display, but it allowed him some measure of peace, a smirk on his features as his tail lashed back and forth though the smirk on his features would tell his friend it was all in a friendly competition.

“Hey, don’t you know us loner kids are quite scrappy! I think it’s you who can’t take me on.” He teased again as Eros took a more predatory stance. He knew he didn’t have the training. Hell, he even knew he would likely lose… but what mattered was that he gave his friend a fair shake of it. After all, he knew others wouldn’t just hand it over to him, so he couldn’t either.

No, a spar was the best way forward/ He’d rush forward, aiming to barrel into the man and use his smaller size to his advantage so he might be able to get underneath Eros and push him upward, removing his front paws from the ground to hopefully throw him off balance.

[/dohtml]

RE: don't stop me now - Eros - Aug 01, 2023

"You don't think your pack stint has made you soft?" he teased back, tail wagging even while they sized one another up. Seri moved first, and Eros couldn't help the devilish grin that passed over his muzzle. This was a rank challenge, but... it was also the first time in a long time he'd been able to just have fun. Like back when all he had to worry about was showing up on time for lessons and not wandering too far from home.

He braced for collision that came, but not with the same intensity as he'd expected. Instead, Seri ducked down, and Eros' own tactic shifted as he came to understand what the other was attempting. Rather than be knocked off balance, he let his weight drop directly down, onto his friend and the risky position he'd put himself in. His jaws would try to grab a hold of any part of the other's nape to help in the attempt to bodily pin Seri.

RE: don't stop me now - Seri - Aug 01, 2023

[dohtml]

Seri Donata

He raised a brow, his rump waggling back and forth as the other boy teased him. The collision came, and Eros countered effectively by dropping his weight, feeling as his friend’s teeth reached for his nape. Seri didn’t have the strength necessary to push up against him, sensing his error… so instead he attempted to drop himself flat, rolling in the hopes that his claws might be able to catch something of his friend only to find Eros had successfully gotten his gape, causing a soft wince on his features as he attempted the move.

Still, it wasn’t anything that truly hurt, nor was it something that would cause any kind of animosity. Such was expected in a spar like this for dominance… besides, Seri knew he was likely to lose in the next bout of it anyway. This was just a learning experience for him. “Not as soft as a boy who grew up in the pack life!” He would counter finally, though it would show that he was getting to be a little out of breath, likely from the panting and the adrenaline that coursed through his veins.

[/dohtml]

RE: don't stop me now - Eros - Aug 05, 2023

Eros was lucky enough to meet his mark, while Seri twisted and pushed, trying to escape. His retort earned a chuckle from the Valle, muffled by a mouthful of the others fur and skin. Touché.

Seri was strong, and Eros struggled to maintain the position. By the end of it, the other had managed to get out from under him, but the younger man's jaws had still kept their grip, keeping his opponent's head low. For now. He could feel the other's strength beginning to fade, but that didn't mean he didn't still have a few good hits left in him.

It would admittedly kind of suck if Seri pulled out a fast move and Eros lost his first attempt at climbing the ranks.

RE: don't stop me now - Seri - Aug 05, 2023

[dohtml]

Seri Donata

Seri had never learned how to pace himself… it had been a matter of simply pushing through and doing what was required which would show in the way he found exhaustion etching into his body… especially given that he had no real intentions of wanting to win against his friend, even if he said that he did… and so his grip would be hard to fight against as Seri felt the weight of it push him lower and lower, tail still lashing in a friendly way.

And that was when he would feel the weight give out beneath his paws, dropping low, potentially pulling Eros with him as he found himself rolling onto his belly to show defeat. “Alright, alright… you win your big lug.” He would offer in an almost teasing manner… it did little harm to him. He had fought, the other man had won… all requirements in Seri’s mind was satisfied as his tail tucked lightly to show the respect that the other man had just earned.

[/dohtml]